|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Common|
Combos Browse all
Exile target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 days ago
Great deck! I might build something like it. You might want to consider making this deck into an esper deck (Blue/White/Black) and add more reloval, like one of my favorites, Unmake. +1
2 weeks ago
I honestly feel like you can't run this deck without Leyline of the Void. The second you drop a kill spell, the opponent has removed a piece of your main strategy of the game, and done it by your own hand. Though personally, I'd also run this in Orzhov colours for access to Path to Exile not to mention flexing on Unmake.
3 weeks ago
Seems like a pretty solid deck. I would recommend some more removal though. Also, just to let you know, you can't have Unmake in this deck. Its colors are black and white, while your commander's is only green white. Since Unmake has black in it, it can't be used. Otherwise, nice!
1 month ago
Death Grasp is not modern legal, so I would recommend changing that if you want to play it at an FNM or such.
The cards that you are running are good, except that you areceived very 2, 3, and 4 drop heavy. I would spread it out so you have a couple higher cost cards also. Pontiff of Blight could be good. Additionally, you have no 1 drops, but a card like Authority of the Consuls would be handy to slow your opponent and gain you some more life.
You don't have a clear endgame, aside from slowly draining your opponent, so something like Archangel of Thune, (though a bit pricey) could help you close out a game quickly by buffing all of your creatures.
1 month ago
@Daedalus19876: SO far this deck has a 14 game winning streak with no losses at my lgs both 1v1 and 4 player.
Removed Always Watching (replaced with Norn's Annex, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim (the sacrifice wasn't utilized to full effect in this deck. Replaced with Weathered Wayfarer for utility.), Batterskull (too slow here. Replaced with Shambling Vent), Kokusho, the Evening Star (Will find better use in my tbb Meren deck, replaced with Luminarch Ascension because angels.), Well of Lost Dreams (too much mana sink for lifegain that was garnered through combat damage more than anything else. Replaced with Painful Quandary), Death Grasp (Useless after the first game I used it, replaced with Selfless Spirit), Necropotence (The drawing at the end of my turn was hurting my games and almost cost me one so it had to go. Replaced with Karn Liberated because just because), Boon Reflection (did little. Replaced with Aven Mindcensor for control), and Oblivion Ring (Slow removal. Replaced with Unmake).
1 month ago
Lol I know the feel man. I'll try to list some more cards, counters were my favourite thing when I first started magic lol. Most of the cards I'm listing are fairly inexpensive too :)
I think grave shinanagins are a lot of fun too lol..
I could probably make an endless list lol....
1 month ago
@Daedalus19876": I'll give your decks a good thorough overview when I have the time over the next few days cause I see you have a few. Maybe you can do the same for my other two as they need more help then this one.
Last notes: 1) Did not know about Unmake, will acquire.
2) I tend to sit around 10 to 14 mana by late game.
3) If this deck did anything with tokens I'd sing a different tune about the Anthems.
4) I'll see what you got going with your decks to help out with that mana issue soon.
1 month ago
TearsInRain23: I'm glad you've thought out this deck so well! My quick responses to your answers:
1) nods Makes sense. If you ever decide to adjust it, I've gotten great value out of Ashes to Ashes before. It loses the instant-speed, but it always 2-for-1s and the 5 life is rarely relevant since you gain a lot of life here. Or Unmake - unconditional instant-speed removal is one hell of a drug :)
2) Cool, we're agreed. If you want another X-spell to dump mana into (how much mana do you usually generate by the end of a game?) Exsanguinate is the go-to option, hehe.
3) Depending on how slow your deck is, Marshal's Anthem could do work for you. But if Always Watching does work, then it's great. Never really tried the card myself, just thought those anthem effects are usually better with tokens.
4) I played Magister of Worth in a few of my decks, but the table always conspired against me to flip the vote against me. Still, though, if it works in your deck! I have a foil of that card, and it's super pretty, so maybe I should stick it back in a deck and try it again.
5) Yeah, I think my decks are just cursed. I usually play ~37 land and still get screwed almost every game. No idea what that's about...
I'd love your perspective on a few of my decks if you have any time :)