Exile target creature.
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Unmake occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
3 days ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
1 month ago
That description is very amusing - 80% of pauper decks using Dark Ritual is just not the case - not even mono-black control plays a single copy of the card, let alone any other tier 1 or tier 2 archetype.
Regardless, the dark ritual would be probably be a good addition here, but there are multiple better ones.
First, a fourth copy of the namesake card of the deck - Edge of Divinity there is no way to play less than 4 in this deck. Second, you need 4 copies of Nightsky Mimic - the best creature for that archetype.
Since mimic needs orzhov colored spells to work I suggest kicking out any non-orzhov cards as well. - 4 pilgrim (too slow anyways), - 3 umbra (that is just a much worse version of Edge), - 4 charms. Night's whisper is the only good mono-color card, but no room for non-orzhov. Since we are getting rid of bad cards, -2 harvest gwyllon as well, one of the worst orzhov cards.
That is a total of 17 cards to get rid of and I already suggested 5, so you need 12 more.
- 4 Gift of Orzhova - now that is an aura worth its salt.
- 1 castigate - might as well play the full 4.
- 4 Kingpin's Pet - a flier and a source of damage even when not attacking.
- 3 Unmake - get that removal in there
The sideboard could also be orzhov only, but that might be a bit too much. And I would not play so many comes into play tapped lands.
In addition, I think this pauper version of the deck is probably better than the non-pauper one in every metric other than mana base.
7 months ago
Even in a casual metagame, I would advise against running Forsaken Sanctuary - lands that enter tapped can often get you killed. Instead consider Caves of Koilos as a budget replacement. It can tap for colourless when you don't need coloured mana, and the 1 life is an insignificant price to pay for instant access to the colours you need.
I think you should probably dump one copy of Vampire Nocturnus - it's a late-game finisher that is fairly difficult to cast, so you want to minimize your chances of drawing into it before you can successfully cast it.
Unmake is a bit too expensive-to-cast to be overly worthwhile. Since you are not limited by the constraints of Modern, you should consider running as many copies of Swords to Plowshares as your budget will allow.
Another stellar card in casual is Dark Ritual , since you're unlikely to run into Force of Will or any other turn 0 counters.
Bloodghast is a fantastic card that is incredibly difficult to permanently deal with.
Feast of Blood is a fun, flavourful card that should be pretty easy to enable. I would run 2 copies of it.
7 months ago
7 months ago
First bring your land count down to 35, 37 at the most.
I suggest removing Reveal in riches. Without the ability to play it at flash speed the odds of playing it on your turn and having it still on the board by the time your turn comes around again is slim to none. Cathars' Crusade , has nearly no value in a aristocrats build. Teysa, Orzhov Scion , she is best used as a commander for an infinite combo build. Suture Priest , unless you are going for some lifegain win con this seems pretty useless. Cliffhaven Vampire , it has nothing that synergizes with your commander. Mortify , don't need it so long as you have Archon of Justice , Anguished Unmaking and Utter End in your deck. You could add Generous Gift if you wanted to. Unmake , creature target only, leaves it limited in it's use.
7 months ago
I would consider Vindicate and/or Mortify instead of Unmake . Mortify is better than Unmake in most circumstances and Vindicate , while not at instant speed, just hits everything so it's also crazy strong.
8 months ago
8 months ago
4 colors and no Arcum's Astrolabe ? That's really greedy of you.
I don't quite understand why your deck is only running one Mnemonic Wall when it's essential to the deck and you can't tutor it.
Your deck feels pretty weak to removal that exiles, such as Unmake or Ob Nixilis's Cruelty , to non-elf swarm tactics (namely, goblins and slivers) and to Thorn of the Black Rose and Palace Sentinels decks. I'm not sure how you fare against burn either, as it feels like you'll probably lose pre-board and your best shot at winning post board is getting Ephemerate + Hallow + Mnemonic Wall which is unlikely to happen twice in a row.
Overall, this feels like Teachings Tron that doesn't play the Urza lands in order to play Skred effectively but lacking the access to the Urza lands means you can't make good use of Mystical Teachings as you're not floating in a pool of mana. You do, however, get rid of the Crop Rotation + Expedition Map + Prophetic Prism package that is essential to playing Tron, which leaves more slots open but I'm a bit skeptical still.