|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
You may play nonland cards as though they had flash.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Vedalken Orrery Discussion
1 day ago
@: True. Personal Sanctuary is great here. Just added two more though: Etali, Primal Storm for constant exiling, & Vedalken Orrery for Flash with my stuff. However, I kept Chromatic Lantern in the case that all I have are Fetches to use for something besides land searching...
I'll see what the community says...
1 day ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 4 COMMENTS | 155 VIEWS
Note: I want only those who've been involved in cEDH to help out. If you haven't checked yet, this is a Mass Stax deck with a Hatebear subtheme; possibly the best I can manage for the Color Combination. But I want to know; what stuff should I put in to bring the status of a Boros Commander to at least 2.5?
And NO. I will not stay grounded like a novice pilot; I want constructive criticism, & NO hate. I believe this has hope; especially in our age. Should I throw in Etali, Primal Storm? Vedalken Orrery? Anything else? I'll leave it to the community to decide my fate. & for me, "No." or likewise is not an answer to me.
My apologies if I offended anyone. ;_;
2 days ago
3 days ago
I would say Shimmer Myr, Vedalken Orrery, Hurkyl's Recall and Retract are some autoincludes in decks like this. You can also add Future Sight since you already have 2 of 3 combo pieces (SDT and Helm of Awakening) that will allow you to draw your entire library.
+1 from me!
1 week ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 week ago
Yeah i see your reasoning. You would almost have to run Vedalken Orrery to flash it in play and thats just diluting the deck more when you could just be beating face with demons. Awesome deck by the way. Love a good shadowborn deck. Thought about running one with Raz or maybe sidisi so you can tutor Thrumming Stone but i really like balthor.
1 week ago
You made a very good point I guess while deciding on what to do I kinda lost focus. So taking your advice I dropped Vedalken Orrery Angel of Jubilation Revoke Existence Sphere of Safety and Iona, Shield of Emeria making it a little more aggro and hopefully quicker being as it seems like a slow start but it's coming along thanks to your input which I appreciate I was having a brain fart for awhile now lol. The counting idea I can't believe I never thought of that.
1 week ago
Ah, I agree that Sword of War and Peace has some bad synergy. As for what to cut, I'm not too sure. You've dipped your toes into a lot of themes (voltron, hate bears, pillow fort, etc) and have lots of spot removal. I think the deck would be much more consistent if you cut the pillow fort theme and went more aggressive with hate bears and more aggressive creatures like Silverblade Paladin and Sublime Archangel, which is great for creature heavy voltron builds. My first thought is to cut Iona, Shield of Emeria mainly because of how hateful that card is, could be an easy cut depending on your play group. I'll list off some other cards I think you could cut: Angel of Jubilation, Revoke Existence, Vedalken Orrery, Sphere of Safety, and Ghostly Prison.
You might want to write out how many cards you have that are card draw, spot removal, board wipes, hate, tutors, etc. to see what areas you are weak on. I did something similar with my karametra deck and it helped a ton (Commanding from the Throne of Abundance)