|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell that targets a permanent you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Turn Aside Discussion
1 day ago
I know this is basically a necrobump, but I saw this deck on the main page and had to check it out because I love Temur colors for EDH. I'm struggling to see where you're wanting to go with this deck. It seems all over the place. You have cards like Archaeomancer, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Wee Dragonauts, and others, but you only have 11 Instants and 2 Sorceries, of which the instants are just counter magic. Also Dispel, Force Spike, Turn Aside and Outwit are a little too situational for my tastes. If you need to be that heavy into countermagic for your meta, I would recommend Voidslime, Dissolve, Spell Crumple, or Scatter to the Winds. Those should all be pretty inexpensive. It also couldn't hurt to consider replacing some of your creature ramp with Rampant Growth, Kodama's Reach, and Cultivate. You should also absolutely pull two basic lands for Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds if you haven't already.
3 weeks ago
Cyclonic Rift Sphinx's Revelation are very strong. The enchantments, and then you can load up on budget board wipes. Hour of Revelation Planar Cleansing River's Rebuke are all cheap. Get some good utility spells. Ojutai's Command Azorius Charm Render Silent Lavinia of the Tenth Collective Effort Blessed Alliance. Dont skimp on counterspells, run like 10-12, a lot of 1 mana ones are good in commander like Outwit Annul Invasive Surgery Dispel Turn Aside and they are all pretty cheap.
1 month ago
Gattison I agree that Turn Aside should prob go to the side...but why replace a 3/3 flyer with a 4/4 mana dork? The Sultai Scavenger is part of the win-con of this deck, the Werebear, not so much. Distress is def a good idea will prob replace Turn Aside, Funeral Charm stays though...it is pauper gold and there is a reason it's $1 common...I love that card one of fav pauper cards ever! Putrid Imp might find its way in for a play test...Dark Ritual doesn't seem to make sense in this deck...what are your thoughts on it's inclusion?
1 month ago
Also, -3 Funeral Charm because it doesn't seem to jive with anything else. Add some more Ostracize if you have any because creatures will be a problem, if not you can use Distress. Otherwise, just put in some Dark Rituals.
Also also, Putrid Imp may be better for you than the scavenger, not sure.
You could also go a whole different direction and include the starfish instead for more scry/Delver-insurance, maybe. ::shrug::
1 month ago
Some changes I'd do and try out how they fare:
- Sol Ring (Illegal in our playgroup) run a dork instead
- Simic Keyrune - Play mana Dorks instead
- Vision Skeins - Play better draw spells for only you
- Flash Counter - Play better version of this
- Siren Stormtamer - Play better version of this
- Chasm Skulker - we don't synergize with this
- Tempt with Discovery - there's better ramp that's just for us
- Solemn Simulacrum - we are in green
- Creeping Mold - too expensive
- Pathrazer of Ulamog - Doesn't have a cast trigger, but we cast eldrazi
- Baloth Woodcrasher - We are not in limited or in landfall
- Scaled Behemoth - We are not in limited
- Gauntlet of Power - We are in 2 Colors
- Lightning Greaves - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Swiftfoot Boots - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Imprisoned in the Moon - the green one is better
- Song of the Dryads - Better than imprison in the moon. Binds everything until removed
- Doubling Cube - Should be very awesome with kruphix
- Nature's Claim - cheap instant speed removal
- Paradox Engine - we run counters and can keep our nonland mana so this should yield a lot of mana
- Vedalken Orrery - I think we like a lot of flash in this deck
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for us and slowmo for the others? Yes please!
- Dispel - cheaper than flash counter. Maybe play Swan Song instead of it.
- Everflowing Chalice - bestest manarock to dump mana in
- Brainstorm - best draw spell ever
- Staff of Nin - draw a card a turn and kill some mana dorks
- Fyndhorn Elves - mana dork
- Heroic Intervention - Protect's kurphix and therefore our accumulated mana
- Simic Charm - same as interverntion
- Turn Aside - see above. might be one too many but hey. if it's too much protection run more dorks.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - she spits dorks. could be very awesome
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm every turn and an alternate wincon in a lockdown situation. Best walker ever.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Agreed. Ive played several rounds against a prowess deck that removed my enchantments using color protections instead of direct removal. Blessing and a totem armor wont help me against that sort of removal. It's why I run Dispel, though, as you pointed out, that's not always effective. I've been thinking about running Turn Aside instead. Though, the Hyena Umbra is a great suggestion. Thanks for commenting.
EDIT:Apostle's Blessing Will not help me. Enchantment removal targets the aura, and not the creature. In the cases where my creature becomes the target and I have to sac an aura, I may be forced to use a color that is shared on my enchantments. I'd lose them all in the process.
2 months ago
I suppose you could run Avoid Fate because they'd never suspect a green counterspell.
But, if you did, you could run Turn Aside instead and make it monoblue?