|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Uncommon|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Ashiok, Dream Render
Legendary Planeswalker — Ashiok
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't cause their controller to search their library.
-1: Target player puts the top four cards of their library into their graveyard. Then exile each opponent's graveyard.
Ashiok, Dream Render Discussion
4 days ago
more mana artifacts
also you should run atleast 9 counterspells
Should try to get tutors
more draw spells
4 days ago
Creatures Craterhoof Behemoth , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , Aurelia, the Warleader , Samut, Voice of Dissent , Birds of Paradise , Bloom Tender , Derevi, Empyrial Tactician , Faeburrow Elder , Anafenza, the Foremost , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , Trostani Discordant
1 week ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
1 week ago
I finally got a chance to build and play this in Arena, so I've been able to play-test it.
Drown in the Loch proved to be too slow. I got murdered by Drakuseth one game, and Haunt of the Hightower + Ashiok, Dream Render in another. All while I was holding a haplesss Drown in the Loch, so they are out for Bedevil
Thanks for all the help!
1 week ago
Thoughts on deck construction and how the deck played:
I would have included Ashiok, Dream Render , however most of my playgroups have Graveyard strategies included, and i don't want to be that guy.
I originally built with intent to run Desecrated Tomb . When it was played I found it to be too slow and didn't provide a lot of value. It was really gimmiky and really only ever netted me 2 bats over 15+ games.
You could also include cards like rise of the dark realms, or command the dread horde for added graveyard recursion, and a way to propel yourself to the front of the game after a major board wipe like In Garruk's Wake .
2 weeks ago
Ok so after careful consideration I removed Overwhelmed Apprentice for Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and I put Ashiok, Dream Render in the sideboard so if their deck is drudge or less creature based I can replace Wall of Lost Thoughts for it
2 weeks ago
- For Phenax, we want cards with large toughness, and cards that want to be tapped (such as Daring Thief ).
- Syr Konrad, the Grim is essential, as it's the best single mill card and has several one-card combos.
- Undead Alchemist points to a possible zombie mill theme.
- Drown in the Loch is a no-brainer.
- Mind Grind is a one-card win condition.
- Patient Rebuilding is an engine.
- Ashiok, Dream Render is a good fit.
2 weeks ago
Sorry for taking so long to get back with you about this, but here it is...
I really do like Oko over Ashiok, Dream Render , but I'd like to try and see if there is a way to add Oko and keep Ashiok. Searching up cards is so powerful in cEDH for some decks I want to have and answer to them. Considered dropping down to 29 lands to keep Ashiok in dropping Tarnished Citadel . I'm no expert in deck building so take it for what that is worth.
Oko really shuts down some gaming winning strats leaving opponents will little ways to answer outside of combat damage. Had 1 table that I turned the Frog (gitrog) into and elk, Anji into an elk and most of CVT's rocks into elks. With little to no way to sack or get rid of their new elks you kinda lock them out of the game.
A lot of them didn't know what to do from this point and went on the combat plan, but tbh with 40 life 3/3's take a long time to kill ya.
No data for this card yet.