|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Fact or Fiction
Reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (34)||tragic_slip , NOGzFTW , xXThormentXx , Crimson6 , hippienproud , frederiklw , darthnuchi , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , Jpegwun , killstars , burnedbread , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , damo_rox , rikertchu , MoJoMiXuP , DFDGamer , , buildingadeck , Fairseas , Xikitten123 , MattN7498 , rockleemyhero , angesoir , Hellsing , Benniator , YossarianLives , fireborne1986 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Metaphisyk , meowCat1234 , LTmiller , sneferie|
|Want (2)||Duct-Tape-Guardian , ryuzaki32667|
Fact or Fiction Discussion
2 weeks ago
You're a little light on card draw/advantage. A few cards that I think are absolutely amazing are Fact or Fiction and Dig Through Time. They are great late and early game, and offer a great advantage. You also are missing the two most important spells in any white deck Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares! They're amazing!
2 weeks ago
This could be a fun idea, especially in EDH.
Riddle of the Sphinx
Each player exiles all permanents they control face down and shuffles the all of those cards they control together. Than, each player separates those cards into two equal face down piles, rounding down one pile if needed. Beginning with you and without looking at either pile, choose one of the two piles and exile the other. Return all cards from the chosen pile face up to the battlefield under their owner's control.
Sort of a Fact or Fiction kinda thing going on here that just decimates the game.
2 weeks ago
What about Jace's Erasure which let you draw 2 Cards each turn... it's a Rhystic Study with less CMC and much cheaper in price. Additionally I would recommend Hedron Archive for early Ramp and Carddraw in the lategame when you have enough mana to spare. Deranged Assistant and Millikin let you "draw" cards and ramp you early to get Muldrotha way earlier.
I would in fact think about playing no instants or sorceries at all to get more value out of your commander and nearly every instant or sorcery effect is now available on a permanent type - maybe sometimes not that good but good enough to want to abuse it.
Another card i would change would be Shriekmaw... Cards like Ravenous Chupacabra or Noxious Gearhulk dont have any restrictions and Gearhulk also gives you life and can hit enemies hard due to Menace. In commander, usually played as multiplayer, I think it is more important to be able to hit as many threats as possible. And I live and play EDH in the sense of "think BIG"... so I would pay 2 CMC more every day for the chance to hit that nasty Sheoldred or Grave Titan.
And one of the most underrated card-draw cards for Muldrotha imo is Jace's Archivist. It gives you alot of value and also cripples our enemies by letting them discard their precious cards they just tutored or drew...In my opinion much better and usefull in that deck than Fact or Fiction or Vessel of Nascency
2 weeks ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
3 weeks ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Nope, no Mishra's Bauble, if I were to run that sort of thing, I prefer Urza's Bauble for hand info.
Anyways, made some cuts and additions but haven't gotten any playtesting in and I was hoping for some opinions or suggestions.
1 month ago
You might add Transguild Promenade, Rupture Spire and 2x Forest. Cut 1x Island, 2x Swamp, 1x Plains for example. Then cut Phyrexian Arena for something like Fact or Fiction, Brainstorm or Harmonize. Grave Pact out for Dictate of Erebos. Otherwise there will be too many games where you can't cast all your spells, I think.