|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (41)||perrin515 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , westdoorblowsnow , EliGjerdingen , Roadhog , xXThormentXx , voidruby , Crimson6 , KipIsKosher , Nemesis , Rez09 , mentor6 , bakunet , CastleSiege , Vasbear1 , Doom_of_Valyria , vishnarg , killstars , 7vennum7 , LPrats , miracle , themindbullet , rikertchu , Swamy , JasYper , tlhunter07 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Azdranax , mziter501 , Justinaut , Benniator , KillDatBUG , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , TheRealPeaches , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , Hellsing , SketchyScribbler , Mortiferus_Rosa ,|
|Want (17)||demonicgrizzly , Turtlelover73 , Tiddilywinkus , xpsychovampx , Fergernuggets , Desol4tion , Malachy_ , RedMulligan , Va1mar , phoere , Jonnybidon , Xathrid_ , rakdos24 , vashaclarens , Nightdragon779 , Bulldawg1310 , diestoremoval|
Phyrexian Arena Discussion
22 hours ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
Thanks Chasmolinker! I will take your suggestion and cut the Phyrexian Arenas. I am worried that this deck will have difficulty with planeswalker heavy builds, and the Hero's Downfall will definitely help with that. I was also considering Anguished Unmaking, but the total of 5 life loss including Godless Shrine is too steep. Utter End may be too expensive at 4 CMC, but I haven't tried it out yet.
2 days ago
3 days ago
3 days ago
Nice! I play pretty casually and play almost exclusively Boros colors, so here's my take:
- 1) 3.5. Skullclamp is really good in just about any token, sac or equipment deck.
- 2) 4. The only thing holding this back is the price.
- 3) 3. Not bad. The fact that you have to pay every time is annoying. Not quite as good as number 1.
- 4) 2.5. Not a huge fan. This basically eats up half your mana base and makes you the target of Strip Mines.
- 5) 2.5. Mask of Memory is pretty decent. Middle of the road.
- 6) 3. Solid. I like it.
- 7) 3. Good plan, Lifegain to mitigate paying life. Best with Necropotence.
- 8) 2. Still helps opponents, and normally discard outlets are useless without the deck being built around them.
- 9) 2. Tower of Fortunes is not really good if you don't have insane ramp. Better options out there.
- 10) 3.5. Nice!
- 11) 1. Just play Phyrexian Arena. Use Strionic Resonator for bigger trigger effects.
- 12) 2. Well of Lost Dreams is actually pretty good, but there are better lifegain effects than Peace of Mind. I like Inventors' Fair.
- 13) 2.5. You have to be pretty desperate to use this but it seems like it'd be okay sometimes.
- 14) 3.5. Tribal is always powerful.
- 15) 2.5. It's okay, kinda easy to interupt.
- 16) 3.5. I love Infiltration Lens!
- 17) 1. Little too janky and helps opponents.
- 18) 4. Because Slate of Ancestry is so good.
- 19) 1. I feel like there are better ways to repeat wheels. This one costs too much.
- 20) 5. My all time personal favorite. Humble Defector is good alone and my top two-drop in all my Boros/red decks.
So again, from a strictly Boros perspective, those are my thoughts. I'm sure you can see the biases and the ones I've actually tested haha!
Others to consider:
- Prophetic Flamespeaker + Sword of Fire and Ice
- Knollspine Dragon + Damage
- Commune with Lava + Neheb, the Eternal//other ramp
- Loreseeker's Stone + lots of mana
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser + lots of tokens
- Book of Rass + Lifegain if you're not in black/no necropotence
- Commander's Sphere + Sun Titan
- The Immortal Sun... alone
- Azor's Gateway Flip + Untap effects//filter effects
Hope some of this helps. This will be a good resource!
3 days ago
A draw engine is a two card synergy that results in repeatable card draw. I run a Mardu deck so most of the cards will be in colors. I've numbered each engine so you just need to post the engine number followed by your personal score for each. (Feel free to skip any since the list is lengthy. No card is mentioned more than once however.)
A score means the draw engine is janky, unreliable, clunky, inefficient, etc. Basically an engine you'd never consider running under any circumstance. A score means the draw engine is consistent, reliable, fast, and effecient at drawing cards. This score signifies a considerable auto-include for any EDH deck.
Not all draw engines need to be rated. Rating the ones that are the most interesting will do. This feedback will be crucial for other people when considering what draw engine to use for their decks.
3 days ago
I like the idea with Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury.
I don't want to do the basic ramp package. There's only a few basics.