|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Annihilation (V14)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- With mass removal do players choose the order in which the permanents are placed within the graveyard?
- Does Overload work with cards that have protection from X?
- Can I have precisions on Protection from X ?
- What happens to phases when a player looses?
- A question about using an ability in response multiple times
Wrath of God
Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
|Have (8)||rockleemyhero , GeminiSpartanX , , CampbellStev , Pumpkinking913 , Bluboltar , Forkbeard , metalmagic|
|Want (8)||theoneyednightwing , knumber3of3 , msv0915 , zilikken , MTG_Optometry , tylanderrr , Forsetyr , pellenator|
Wrath of God Discussion
6 days ago
First, the number of things that place global -1 counters in this list is a bit limited: Yawgmoth, BSZ, Soul Snuffers. And honestly, once Yawgmoth is on the field, I usually win anyway.
Second, this means Hapatra can always be blocked. And while blocking her would eat lands, in decks like your Azusa list, you'd rather kill two lands of your choice than let me kill one land of mine (and thus you'd block and kill my commander). Maybe I can politic a solution: "if you let me hit you with Hapatra, I'll kill someone else's land".
Third, if someone else board wipes with this down, I am unbelievably screwed. Other players run more artifact ramp than I do, meaning that a Wrath of God essentially says "the player with the most mana rocks wins".
And fourth, of course, Living Plane costs a LOT of money :(
1 week ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 week ago
I like it, consider adding The Royal Scions , and cut Realm-Cloaked Giant . as it while it wipes most of board, having the 7/7 really isn't that relevant, as it'll just eat a Doom Blade . If you really wanted a wipe, I would add Wrath of God and be done with it.
Boomcat12B on daxos
1 week ago
Cards to add-
Sea of Clouds You want to add glacial fortress for sure. It is a cheap check land that can come in untapped, and you want Rogue's passage to let you swing freely if your equip pieces are getting destroyed. I would run 36 lands in this deck and Sea of clouds can replace the bounce land if you want to go that route since it is a bit more expensive money wise.
Mystic Remora This will give you better card draw (in addition to what you already have. The more card draw you can have the better. This should give you around 10 pieces of card draw. Some of the card draw is situational so it will come to playing the deck and seeing if you need to add a bit more dedicated pieces.
Cards to suit up with-
Eldrazi Conscription - One of the best enchantments you can have for voltron
Sword of the Animist - Will help out with ramp...Add no matter what. This card is stupid good
Sun Titan - Allows you to get Equipment and artifacts back from the GY and you are running enough cards to make it worth running him.
Silent Arbiter - Perfect for your decks strategy, and will help with crack back
Umbra Mystic - Allows you to sacrifice your Auras instead of Daxos should he be killed.
Battlewise Hoplite - Gives you another creature to suit up if Daxos is taken out of commission or costs too much.
Augury Adept - Card draw and lifegain is worth it, plus it gives you another option for a creature to suit up
Removal- You are actually not to bad off in interaction. Your sitting at around 10 I think, but you do not have any boardwipes and that cna be a problem. However with your counterspell suit and single target removal it might play out alright. It will really be a matter of playtesting and seeing where you want to take the deck.Here are some ideas to add for board wipes (I would add one of these since there is one more slot to fill for the cards I suggested taking out. The rest can be ideas should you need to add board wipes)
Cyclonic Rift - This one is not cheap but I would definitely include it if you are willing to spend the money. I would add it over any of the other cards mentioned in this section.
Just a few ideas for cards to pull-
Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer - It just is not doing anything for you
Tamiyo's Epiphany - It costs too much for what it does
Curse of the Swine - just run a board wipe instead.
Angelic Edict - Costs too much for what it does
Dauntless Onslaught - This deck wants cards to suit up Daxos not combat tricks
Moment of Heroism - Same as above
Silence - A good card but your not looking to combo off so it is a slot you can use to further your game plan
Tragic Lesson - Better options for card draw
Corridor Monitor - Does not really provide much synergy for what you want to do All the bestow creatures- They just cost too much to use bestow and you have better options
Mesa Enchantress - A really good card, but Running 14 enchantments won't proc her enough to give you the value you want
Curse of the Forsaken - Does not really help all that much
Mystic Barrier - It does not really further your game plan
Unknown Shores - It isn't bad but being two colors you don't need to worry about color fixing that much.
Azorius Guildgate - Tapped lands can always be replaced
Alright so looking over the list these are the cards I would take out and the cards I would replace them with. I basically removed cards that did not provide a strong synergy, or cards that could be replaced with more efficient cards. The 2 biggest areas I focused on were Ramp and card draw since you were light in both areas. Simply by adding those 2 packages the deck will start to run better and more consistently which will lead to better games for you overall. I also suggested some lands so you can replace the tapped lands, as well as give you more utility to get dmg in with Daxos. Upping your land count by one should also help your land draw ratio as well. Next I suggested 2 more pieces of voltron that are just too good not to add. I pulled a lot of creatures that you were running because they did not provide synergy or they were just to costly. I replaced them with creatures that provide synergy and value for your deck, and also gives you a few more options in case Daxos gets shut down. Always need a back up plan. Finally Add in at least a board wipe. you really want three and I would personally replace 2 of your weaker counter spells (I left in most of your counter suite)with board wipe pieces. I gave you a few ideas as to cards you could run for board wipes. If you do decide to remove 2 counters to replace with w wrath I would suggest Stymied Hopes and Annul
I kept the upgrades to around $30-$40 dollars (I think I was not adding them up) but they should not more than $50 or so since I know you don't want to spend a shit ton on your decks. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions on choices or reasoning.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
I love the idea. I think it needs some more divine judgment though. Sunblast Angel , Oblation , Austere Command , Hour of Revelation , Akroma's Vengeance , Descend upon the Sinful , Fumigate , End Hostilities , and of course Wrath of God and Day of Judgment . Ravnica at War could be good depending on your meta. While playing boardwipes just for flavor wouldn't be the best idea, it's also a strategic decision. Angels are slower tribe, so it's a good idea to put everybody else behind.
Outside of boardwipes, Akroma's Memorial spells death for all opponents, Herald's Horn is another cost reducer, and True Conviction is a powerful anthem due to the fact that most of your creatures are big and flying.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the card ideas Prospekt, lots to consider here!
4 weeks ago
I have noticed that the majority of EDH deck that contain the color red contain Blasphemous Act , and I am wondering why that is.
Is that card popular because it is so powerful? Is it because that is the closest equivalent that red has to Wrath of God and/or Damnation ? What does everyone else say about this? Why is Blasphemous Act so popular in EDH?
Wrath of God occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%
WB (Orzhov): 0.53%
WUB (Esper): 0.39%
RBW (Mardu): 0.43%