|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Cleric Ally
At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Drana's Emissary Discussion
2 weeks ago
I would also recommend removing Necromancer's Covenant. Save it (and it's 6CMC!) for a Zombie deck. While I am not totally sold on it, perhaps Righteous War would be good in that slot. Or if you aren't afraid of the 6CMC, go for True Conviction or Cathars' Crusade.
You have a 2 color deck, you really shouldn't need to settle for taplands unless they are bringing something aside from color fixing to the table. A Temple of Silence beats Vivid Marsh in your deck, for example. It's possible that even just having a basic land in some of your tapland spots would be a win for you. Also, Myriad Landscape beats your Terramorphic Expanse.
Personally, I would get rid of Painful Quandary. First off, it's not going to kill anyone fast, but it will make them mad. And 4-5 people mad at you is not good. Second, reanimator decks might just pick discard every time and be quite happy about it. Find something that makes you less of a target, or that discourages attacks against you. Parhaps something like Windborn Muse or an Extort card, or something seemingly harmless like Drana's Emissary.
Also, while you have plenty of board wipes you have no instant speed removal, and only two targeted sorcery speed removal spells. There are going to be times when you need a given card off the board, but otherwise like your board state and don't want to wipe.
Finally, I might look into something like Shackles. Not only can it move around to the largest threat, but also triggers Constellation, Mesa Enchantress, and Celestial Ancient on recast.
2 weeks ago
Right now, I recommend cutting Drana's Emissary, Markov Crusader, and Vampire Nighthawk. They're alright creatures, but not good enough as the game stretches on. I'd add Indulgent Aristocrat, Vampire Nocturnus, and Vampire Hexmage, for their own reason, though Nocturnus is a little pricey.
Also, consider Feast of Blood. Great cheap removal, and it can be cast if you play any vampire thanks to Edgar.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I don't know about your budget, but Greater Auramancy is better than Cloud Cover. You also have cards like Enlightened Tutor and other tutors to faster find your wincons.
Drana's Emissary is not a great draining card, especially since it's a creature. If you wanted to continue further with the drain theme, a card like Palace Siege would be better.
Sunscorch Regent is an odd card. Which I would easily take out for other cards, such as Divinity of Pride, Serra Ascendant or Serra Avatar.
Remand isn't that great in commander, I'd rather have a card like Disallow or Dissolve.
Bontu's Monument. Not a great addition to the deck, considering your low amount of creatures in the deck. Oracle's Vault could be a substitute.
Overall, I like this deck, since it reminds me of my own first commander deck Oloro, Controlling your foes to death
4 weeks ago
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa: muito situacional, basicamente mana jogada fora a maioria das vezes
- Bloodhusk Ritualist: seria interessante se fossem todos os oponentes, muita mana para um oponente s
- Drana's Emissary: um ping bem ruinzinho, ganhar vida legal, mas no parece ser o foco primrio ento um corte vlido
- Voldaren Pariah Flip: legal mas tem substituies melhores
- Mortify: melhor se livrar de problemas permanentemente
- Urge to Feed: fica legal no flavor mas seus vampiros se beneficiariam mais de outras cartas
- Consuming Vapors: recupera vida, o que legal, mas dificilmente vai eliminar um problema que voc espera (vampiros no devem dar escolha pros oponentes)
- Obelisk of Urd: tem uma substituio muito melhor por menos mana
Well of Lost Dreams: ganho de vida no parece ser a estratgia principal, o que corta muito o potencial dessa carta
Vampire Nighthawk: Famoso vampiro multi-uso, CMC baixo, voa, tem deathtouch e lifelink, melhor impossvel
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: Baixo CMC e buffa todos os tokens ANTES do dano deles (first strike acontece antes do dano dos demais)
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Baixo CMC, Sac Outlet que buffa todos os vampiros.
- Falkenrath Exterminator: CMC baixo, potencialmente pode matar vrias criaturas problemticas.
- Mirror Entity: um vampiro no casting, te d um token. No battlefield buffa absurdos todos os tokens (pode diminuir uns maiores, but nothing comes for free) e CMC baixo.
- Falkenrath Gorger: vai perder seus melhores vampiros para um wheel? Claro que no, cmc baixo timo
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: baixo CMC e d haste para o que voc precisa que j entre sentando o sarrafo.
- Iroas, God of Victory: nico outro no vampiro til, ajuda bastante no combate
- Boros Charm: ningum gosta de criar um exrcito s para tomar um wrath
- Anguished Unmaking: Se livre de permanentes problemticas
- Utter End: mesmo do acima
- Rakdos Charm: Cemitrios so problemticos, artefatos so problemticos, no mesmo slot dois por um
- Syphon Mind: Se um deck para multiplayer esse o melhor draw possvel.
- Night's Whisper: draw
- Phyrexian Arena: draw
- Underworld Connections: draw
- Eldrazi Monument: Seus tokens buffam, ganham voar e principalmente, indestrutvel.
- Fellwar Stone: Ramp
- Sword of the Animist: Ramp
- Darksteel Ingot: Ramp
- Ashnod's Altar: Ramp e Sac Outlet
- Phyrexian Reclamation, Palace Siege: o Edgar no gosta de reanimaes direto pro campo, ento o melhor trazer para mo e castar de novo. Cast and Profit, Sac and Profit, Reanimate and Profit. No d para ficar mais vampiro que isso.
1 month ago
Lazaro46 I'd say that overall, the deck has been performing pretty well at a casual level, maybe 50% tuned decks. If I were to mark the things that are in most dire need of change, it would definitely be the curve and the early game. If you were looking at upgrading the build that is posted here, I would take out some of the weaker win cons such as Herald of Leshrac and some of the less useful cards such as Drana's Emissary and Aven Mimeomancer. The early game is where this deck can struggle; if it gets a good start then it will faceroll against decks of a similar power level, but it can really struggle if it doesn't get a t3 or t4 Paradox Haze + abuser. Additionally, I would run a LOT more interaction. This version of the deck is super greedy, running almost no removal and no counterspells which tends to lead to losing a lot of games.
In summary, I'd take out all but your 5 or so win cons of choice and run some more interaction and more control elements. I'd take out most of the cards like Aven Mimeomancer and Martial Law since they don't do much to slow down an entire table, and I'd add more ways of consistently finding and protecting your good win conditions such as Mirror-Sigil Sergeant. I'll be the first to admit that there aren't a ton of ways that this card wins for you, which is why this is a VERY casual deck. Best of luck in your paradoxical ventures :)
1 month ago
KylerStar Thank you! I definitely plan on adding shock/fetch lands eventually. Thats a good call on Drana's Emissary -- I think swapping her with Cliffhaven Vampire makes a lot more sense, especially since I'm adding Exquisite Blood for those infinite combos. I'm taking out Gleam of Battle too and replacing it with Shared Animosity.
1 month ago
I would suggest the obvious suit of shock and fetch lands. I absolutely love the idea of Drana's Emissary, but it usually gets cut from most of my decks. I would definitely suggest Cliffhaven Vampire which ends up doing more work and infinitely combos with Exquisite Blood. Which I would suggest as well for Exquisite Blood infinitely combos with Sanguine Bond. Would also suggest Whip of Erebos or Vault of the Archangel. Possibly Attrition. I have to suggest Crib Swap as removal that nets you a vampire(For this is technically a vampire spell). Blades of Velis Vel, Nameless Inversion, and Shields of Velis Vel are worth mentioning, though maybe not needed, on the same token.