Temple of Silence
Temple of Silence enters the battlefield tapped
When Temple of Silence enters the battlefield, scry 1.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||ibraJG84 , cryptoplasm , RubyStrings , warcry02 , philktoken8998 , brokendwarf , switchkill65 , fireborne1986 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (3)||meowCat1234 , bradyofportdetroit , TheRealPeaches|
Temple of Silence Discussion
1 day ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
2 weeks ago
Welcome on T/O.
It's a great place with lots of helpful players and interesting decks. A good place to improve your deck.
After reviewing your decklist I have the following land suggestions to add:
Going to 36 lands, looking at your mana curve, is probably a good thing to do.
I did not play with or against Sen myself, so I find it hard to pick a few cards that I shouldn't be playing. Looking at the curve I would cut:
The rest is up to you.
Have fun and if you like to check out my favorite deck, then feel free to visit it here.
1 month ago
Just a bunch of suggestions. I recommend a lot of discarding and field wipes for her.
Kaya, Ghost Assassin - Herald of Anguish - Liliana's Caress - Mardu Charm - Megrim - Myojin of Night's Reach - Pain Magnification - Sangromancer - Scythe Specter - Skull Rend - Nezumi Shortfang - Unnerve - Waste Not - Words of Waste - Tasigur's Cruelty - Painful Quandary - Banshee of the Dread Choir - Bite of the Black Rose - Capital Punishment - Creeping Dread - Entomber Exarch - Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite - Myojin of Cleansing Fire - Day of Judgment - Temple of Silence - Temple of Triumph - Temple of Malice - Go for the Throat - Doom Blade - Mortify - Austere Command - Incendiary Command - Damnation - Wrath of God - Crux of Fate - Deathbringer Regent - Archfiend of Depravity - End Hostilities - Plague Wind - Sublime Exhalation - SUPER METROID - Weathered Wayfarer - Planar Cleansing - Intrepid Hero - Adarkar Valkyrie - Avatar of Woe - Sire Of Insanity - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - Vault of the Archangel - Liliana of the Dark Realms - Liliana of the Veil - Shared Trauma - Dread Summons - Anger - Filth - Blasphemous Act
1 month ago
I loved your lands and used your Temple of Silencein my vampire deck. My suggestions: remove Tithe Drinker and put Gifted Aetherborn, Blood Artist is so expensive, and so useless, l prefer Indulgent Aristocrat. At place of Drana's Emissary you can use Gatekeeper of Malakir. Anowon, the Ruin Sage is a good one when your deck is restricted to vampires only. I think it was a constructive hint.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Admonition Angel has won me games before on her own, the interaction with Crucible of Worlds is very nice, surprised you don't play a mid-range land destruction, Armageddon + Cataclysm + Ravages of War strategy to eliminate and play lands while Exiling your opponents permanents. Recurring Strip Mine or Wasteland isn't very nice >:)
Marsh Flats feels missing in this build.
Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse work well with Admonition Angel, they trigger him twice as well, but enter tapped so understandable to not be played. Might be better than Temple of Silence though.
Very fun build. Love the weaponry.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Three things you need that stand out from your list are more fast mana, mana consistency, and some haste effects.
This looks like a budget build so I will try to keep my recommendations to less than $2 each, though I think a couple of recommendations I'm going to make are worth the additional cost.
On the mana consistency: Kaalia (and many of your other cards) has (have) heavy color commitments, so more dual lands are in order. Battlefield Forge, Caves of Koilos, Dragonskull Summit, Temple of Malice, Temple of Silence, and Temple of Abandon would be a good start. You might also add Vivid Meadow and Vivid Crag; I generally don't like CITP ("comes into play tapped") lands in Kaalia decks, but the above are pretty much your best budget options, and the temples at least give you the useful "scry 1" while the vivids provide all three colors mana.
On the other hand, I'm personally NOT a fan of the "karoo" lands (i.e. Rakdos Carnarium), especially because there's a good chance that the land you're going to be bouncing is going to come back into play tapped; you're better off with the Guildgates, the Tarkir "refuge" lands (i.e. Wind-Scarred Crag), or basic lands.