|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Giant
: Inferno Titan gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Whenever Inferno Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creatures, players and/or planeswalkers.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Inferno Titan Discussion
6 days ago
6 days ago
Some cards of possible interest that shouldn't break the bank:
Fungal Plots Dead bodies can spawn you new bodies to keep attacking and generating more mana.
Hammer of Purphoros Haste is good and extra lands become attackers if needed.
Artifact Mutation Turn their artifacts into your attackers.
Fanning the Flames Something to do with all of that mana.
Overgrown Armasaur can produce more bodies to generate more attack mana. Thundering Spineback is a mana sink that makes more bodies and Forerunner of the Empire will fetch either or Ghalta plus ding the Armasaur to make a saproling. There may be other dinos that fit in here and most aren't expensive.
Inferno Titan has a firebreathing mana sink plus can help clear the way so all of your attackers actually connect more often. Warmonger Hellkite is even less expensive to buy and gives your whole team firebreathing. You have to attack every turn but you should be wanting to do that anyway.
Gruul Guildgate and Gruul Turf are dirt cheap. Sheltered Thicket is a budget dual that Wood Elves can go fetch. Cinder Glade does the same but might be just over what you're looking to spend. Raging Ravine might also be right at that budget line but produces both your colors early and attacks when you have the mana mid to late, getting bigger each attack. Myriad Landscape , Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse can fetch the appropriate color, thin your deck and create a shuffle effect if needed.
If you happen to have Heroic Intervention I would recommend adding it but it is definitely more than what you've indicated your budget per card is.
1 week ago
Some suggested cards by looking at your build:
Reclamation Sage - removal that you can recur.
Acidic Slime - ditto.
Ashnod's Altar - free sac outlet, ramp.
Beast Within - one of best removal spells in green.
Basilisk Collar - gains life, keeps opponents from attacking (death touch makes people weary of losing best attackee, and it becomes a board wipe with sharpshooter or thoctar - death touch, kill a creature repeat.
Below is a list of your non land cards and the role I see them in. I linked the cards that don't serve the end goal of going wide or comboing. I also high lighted cards that are either cost ineffective, or I found lack luster in my builds. Not recommending you cut them, just so you can look at them from another perspective. There are others that would be cut if needed to be more competitive and had the replacements.
1 drop (8).
1x Birds of Paradise - ramp/fix.
1x Elvish Mystic - ramp.
1x Llanowar Elves - ramp
1x Mortician Beetle - ??
1x Skullclamp - card draw.
1x Sol Ring - ramp.
1x Sudden Demise - ?
1x Tempt with Vengeance - ?
2 drop (10).
1x Blood Artist - combo piece.
1x farseek - ramp/mana fix.
1x Goblin Bombardment sac outlet/ combo piece.
1x Impact Tremors - combo piece
1x Rampant Growth - ramp/mana fix
1x Sakura-Tribe Elder - ramp/mana fix
1x Swiftfoot Boots - protection
1x Thought Vessel - ramp/unlimited hand
1x Wight of Precinct Six - ?
1x Zulaport Cutthroat - sac outlet 3 drop (17).
1x Awakening Zone - token producer.
1x Beastmaster Ascension - win con
1x Burnished Hart - ramp/mana fix
1x Catacomb Sifter - token producer/ scry
1x Champion of Lamb Holt - win con.
1x Commander's Sphere ramp/fix.
1x Cultivate - ramp/fix.
1x Eternal Witness - recursion
1x Fecundity - card draw.
1x Food Chain - combo engine.
1x Goblin Sharpshooter - win con
1x Growing Rites of Itlimoc - ramp.
1x Kodama's Reach - ramp/fix
1x Ophiomancer - token producer
1x Quagmire Druid - enchantment removal
1x Reincarnation - recursion
1x Stronghold Assassin - creature removal
4 drop (12).
1x Beast Whisperer - card draw
1x Brawn - give trample.
1x Grave Pact - stax piece.
1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth - recursion.
1x Ogre Battledriver - haste.
1x Parallel Lives - combo piece.
1x Pitiless Plunderer - combo piece.
1x Poison-Tip Archer - combo piece.
1x Purphoros, God of the Forge - combo piece.
1x Shattergang Brothers - stax?
1x Smothering Abomination - draw.
1x Xenagos, the Reveler - ramp/token producer
5 drop (6).
1x Doubling Season - combo piece.
1x Emrakul's Hatcher - token producer.
1x Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder - token producer
1x Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest - can make creatures real big.
1x Mycoloth - token producer
1x Xenagos, God of Revels - haste enabler for prossh.
6 drop (4).
1x Brood Monitor - token producer
1x Deathbringer Thoctar - combo piece
1x Dragonlair Spider - token producer.
1x Inferno Titan ??
7 drop (5).
1x Avenger of Zendikar - token producer.
1x Butcher of Malakir - stax.
1x Hornet Queen - token producer.
1x Sheoldred, Whispering One - recursion.
1x Stalking Vengeance - combo piece?
8 drop (1).
1x Woodfall Primus - removal. 9 drop (1).
1x In Garruk's Wake - removal.
12 drop (1).
1x It That Betrays - ??.
Let me know how this plays for you.
1 week ago
How much of a budget do you have?
Some cards off the bat that can be considered:
Big Dummies on budget:
Interaction on budget:
Fun Mayael Cards on budget:
Now to some cards you can consider to cut:
- Garruk's Horde
- Zhur-Taa Ancient
- Vengeful Archon
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad
- Warp World
- Titanic Ultimatum
Hope that helps!
3 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I think you may not want to get too caught up with abusing Rakdos's ability. You don't need to stuff your deck full with >8 casting cost creatures to make Rakdos useful. In my experience Rakdos draws a lot of hate and gets targetted quite often - putting so many huge creatures in your deck just causes you to be neutralized very easily.
I would recommend putting only 2 or 3 huge casting cost creatures (or even none at all!), and making your main fighting force 5-6 mana cost creatures. This way even if you don't use Rakdos you get a good fighting force. And if Rakdos comes out you still can hyper-charge your plays. Swinging at someone for 6 damage with Rakdos, then paying BBRR to put an Inferno Titan and a Grave Titan into play is still huge.
1 month ago
Hey, honestly you should consider simplifying everything. Start by cutting Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker, white and blue and just playing Smasher with red and black? I suggest this because of the budget; it's easier to make a good two color budget deck than a four color one. When playing four colors on a budget you really need to restrict the types of cards you play in some colors. For instance here because of the manabase it's better not have or cards in the deck. Instead mostly red and black cards only splashing the two other colors which makes it easier on the manabase and more consistent that you can cast cards in your hand because you have the right mana. With two colors however you increase deck consistently; you only have to worry about being able to cast black and red cards.
Cards like Rakdos Return, Torrent of Hailfire, Ribbons, expand with more of these types of cards:
- Black Sun's Zenith
- Mind Twist
- By Force
- Decree of Pain
- Blasphemous Act
- Comet Storm
These cards want a lot of ramp:
A problem with just red and black can be draw, but there's a few good budget draw spells to choose from:
- Night's Whisper
- Faithless Looting
- Sign in Blood
- Read the Bones
- Magus of the Wheel
- Reforge the Soul
- Bloodgift Demon
- Winds of Change