|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Hymn to Tourach
Target player discards two cards at random.
Hymn to Tourach Discussion
2 days ago
Boza on SANCTIONED!
3 weeks ago
Y'all, the best format ever is now officially sanctioned! Pauper FNMs incoming!
Basically, all cards ever printed as commons (online or offline) are now legal (as of release of Core 2020). Added to the banlist are three cards:
What do y'all think about that?
3 weeks ago
Remove from Sideboard:
1 month ago
Hey nice deck ! First time I see a golgari elf tribal in this format. I really like the taste of it and your finishers seem fun :)
Furthermore, my 2CP is that Demonic Tutor , Thoughtseize , Inquisition of Kozilek , Duress and Hymn to Tourach are stapple in black. You should probably not run them all but the fact you're playing Shapers' Sanctuary shows you're looking for tools versus control. Those black cards are way better than Shapers' Sanctuary (and I run Shapers' Sanctuary in my main duel commander deck since I haven't access to black :p). Since you seem to have a strong deck for you should at least have a try on Mind Twist .
To finish with, even with your amount of ramp going to 35 lands can be a good thing. Mulligan deaths are real in this strong format (maybe the London mulligan will change lists). The best elfball deck lists have around 37 lands (https://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=367). Wasteland could be a really sweet inclusion ( Sinkhole is kinda solid and available in black if you'll find land destruction is efficient).
1 month ago
Okay, i found a few things i'd take out:
- Endless Atlas Black has way better options to draw cards.
- Underworld Connections Is funny, as you can enchant your opponents lands, but i don't think that was the plan here. Generally slows you down by 1 mana when used, which is bad, even with untapping effects, it's still not good.
- Arguel's Blood Fast Flip This also slows you down a lot and pays off way too late.
- Dark Prophecy Your opponents can pretty much always see this coming, and it relies on a setup.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods Also slow and relying on a dozen conditions, is a creature though.
- The Elderspell You're not running PWs, so you can't fully make use of it's effects.
- Abhorrent Overlord Sadly it's not devotion for colorless :(
- Inverter of Truth I know this guy's an eldrazi, but this is sort of anti-synergetic with your deck.
Here's the cards i'd take in.
This is some of the best carddraw black has to offer and in the entire game, makes your deck faster and more consistent in getting these eldrazi running:
- Night's Whisper , Ancient Craving , Sign in Blood , Ambition's Cost , Ancient Craving , Read the Bones , Wretched Confluence
Depending on your playgroup and since you mentioned liking long games, here's a favorite when you've got trouble dealing with that combo.deck:
Hope that helped ;)
2 months ago
This has been said already, but since the deck still has it I'm gonna say it again. Hymn to Tourach is illegal in pauper since it isn't an MTGO common (it's a weird rule but true). Even if Wizards shifted to paper legality rules, Hymn would definitely be put on a banlist anyways since it's busted.
You could use some more 2 power one-drops like Vampire Lacerator / Vicious Conquistador and Carrion Feeder in place of Stone-Throwing Devils and Hymn, more power is better than first strike imo and Carrion Feeder is a great card.
2 months ago
I really wish we could get a german Hymn to Tourach , but I don't believe it. :-(
Hymn to Tourach occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.7%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%