B, Pay 2 life: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
6 hours ago
You also can look at Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Dark Prophecy if you have enough sac outlets to make it useful, Erebos, God of the Dead, and Greed. If only Yawgmoth's Bargain and Griselbrand were EDH legal... Oh well...
3 days ago
Hey friend, cool deck! One of my first EDH decks was an Oloro gain'n'drain build a lot like this. I'd suggest checking out my deck @ Ageless Artifacts for the broad picture of it, but here's what I noticed about your build:
Some of your cards, like Filigree Angel, want to be in a deck with a TON more artifacts than you actually have. Those are the cards I'd cut first. Next, I'd take out cards that want you to attack, like Odric, Lunarch Marshal, It That Betrays, and Archetype of Imagination, since a gain'n'drain build doesn't really want that as much as it wants protection and deterrence. Then, I'd take out some of your removal encahntments like Banishing Light in favor of WB "unconditional" removal like Anguished Unmaking and Utter End or WB board wipes like Retaliate and Fell the Mighty.
As far as cards to put in, I'd shoot for some more of those explosive combos that this deck does so well. Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is nuts with Serra Avatar and Vizkopa Guildmage, as is Cradle of Vitality. I'd put in more card draw like Underworld Connections and Greed (Oloro is an expensive and easily-killed commander, so don't always rely on his second ability).
In general, I'd say you need to take out cards that don't enable your primary win conditions or help you survive long enough to find those win cons. However, that's not to say that this isn't a well-thought-out and explosive deck, because it certainly is. Good luck! and mention me in the comments if I can do anything else for you.
2 weeks ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 weeks ago
Whip of Erebos also seems like it would fit in quite well into this deck.
3 weeks ago
I am going to copy and hopefully brew up some things with added ideas to this deck, I would love to chat and hear any input you might have about it! Phyrexian Reclamation seems like good suicide recursion. Toxic Deluge is great suicidal board wipe. Necropotence is fantastic suicide draw. Hatred seems like it belongs. Erebos, God of the Dead and Greed both seem solid. Slaughter is great suicide removal. Snuff Out seems fitting.
3 weeks ago
Here are some cards you might like: Dark Tutelage, Greed, Hatred, Anguished Unmaking, Tree of Perdition, Bloodgift Demon, Mother of Runes, Ob Nixilis Reignited.Also surprised you have 2 different Sorins, but not Sorin Markov? Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
As for draw, green is somewhat limited, but there are options. Life's Legacy or Regal Force are relatively cheap. Harmonize or Soul's Majesty also work. If all else fails, pick up a Howling Mine or Font of Mythos and get everyone drawing. Black has Greed and I'm sure a few others... if you feel like dropping some coin Sylvan Library is a staple in every green EDH deck I make. I add a Mind's Eye to every deck as well to assist with draw.
3 weeks ago
NO, BAD, PUT THOSE LANDS BACK TOGETHER. WE DON'T NEED TO SEE EACH ART! Also Haven of the Spirit Dragon
So all suggestions are kinda budget and focused on a more casual chilled meta. I can show you how I would build RB dragons personally if you want, but my budget might be higher and I can be more cut throat, with certain political angles that might not fit your deck.
You can cut down on lands. You only need about 36, because you have 8 other pieces of ramp. However, Sol Ring seems to be missing. And you do seem to want to jump mana quickly.
Dragon Hatchling is a poor card in this deck, and I would argue Dragon Hatchling is too. Scourge of Valkas seems an auto include really for a dragons deck, and Imperial Hellkite gives you a big body and tutor effect.
I don't like Death Wind, Draconic Roar, Fall of the Hammer or Flesh to Dust. Unholy Hunger just makes the cut in my eyes. You want access to more flexible, more powerful removal ideally. Wrecking Ball for example, costs 1 less, and has an upside in you can also kill lands. Chaos Warp is very flexible, and ideally I would want something like Rakdos Charm and some more artifact removal.
You are very very draw light. The basics I would always consider are Read the Bones, Greed, etc. Phyrexian Arena and similar are also good consistent draw. Palace Siege is a recursion engine too which is nice.