Creature — Human Shaman
When Plaguecrafter enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker. Each player who can't discards a card.
|Have (2)||Sengii ,|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Plaguecrafter occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
2 days ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
3 weeks ago
I've been "upgrading" the deck a bit recently with some cash from selling some old Pokemon cards I had laying around (seriously, check if you have any old ones... some are worth a LOT).
I've been focusing on lowering the average CMC of the deck and making it more consistent! I've also added few more cards that can regain me life, mainly to balance out the damage many of my own cards deal to me! I'm swapping out my Swamps with Snow-Covered Swamps to fuel Dead of Winter, a pet sweeper of mine. I'm also preparing for the possibility of a Snow theme in the 2021 sets!
I've added some more large-scale removal options, including Dead of Winter, Archfiend of Depravity, as well as some new pinpoint removal options with Hagra Mauling Flip and Noxious Gearhulk. I'm hoping all the removal will make Revel in Riches (which I've finally gotten around to adding after so many recommendations) a viable win condition!
The cards that I've been cutting have mainly been ones I've found sitting dead in my hand for many games because they're just too situational. Skeleton Key costed too much just to have the chance to Loot a few times, and relied on having a Creature in play that could attack without dying instantly. Supernatural Stamina had a best case scenario of getting a 1-for-1, and maybe triggering an ETB effect again, and the new card Malakir Rebirth Flip does a very good impression, but with the bonus of being a and in an opening hand. Plaguecrafter and Massacre Girl weren't tooooo bad, working well with recursion effects and Mimic Vat, but I found they were often dead in my hand for many games.
The only card I've recently cut that I think I might try to fit back in is Desecration Demon. This absolute BEATSTICK has performed really really well! He's also a pretty good resurrection target, and most games I find ways to play him over and over again (I think my record is 6 times in a 1v1 match). He works very well with Profane Command as he's so cheap! His downside of being able to be tapped at start of combat with a Sacrifice tends to be almost totally negated in this deck, which actively wants your opponents Creatures to die!
I've recently gotten a copy of Chainer, Dementia Master, which I'm going to try out as an alternative commander for this deck when I'm feeling extra spicy. I might end up putting him in the 99, maybe replacing Geth, Lord of the Vault, who can't target my own creatures? If anyone has experience with Chainer, I'd love to know how well he works in the 99!
Anyway, Commander Legends looks like it's not going to give me tooo many new toys for this deck (although War Room looks pretty good!). If anyone has any further suggestions or any questions, I'd love to hear them!
3 weeks ago
Engineered Plague, Contagion Engine, Contagion Clasp, Dakmor Plague, Desecration Plague, Endemic Plague, Tim Curry, Kelsien, the Plague, Necrotic Plague, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Plaguebearer, Plague Beetle, Plague Belcher, Plaguecrafter, Plague Dogs, Plagued Rusalka, Plague Engineer, Plague Fiend, Plague Mare, Plaguemaw Beast, Plague Myr, Plague of Vermin, Plague Rats, Plague Reaver, Plague Sliver, Plague Spitter, Plague Spores, Plague Stinger, Plague Wight, Plague Wind, Plague Witch, Spreading Plague, Swallowing Plague, Traveling Plague, Undercity Plague, Virulent Plague, Disease Carriers, Diseased Vermin, Exotic Disease, Quag Sickness, Spread the Sickness, Illness in the Ranks.
There, that should just about cover it.
4 weeks ago
Hey there! As asked for on my page, I will most certainly do my best to give you as many suggestions as I can, though aristocrats is, again, not exactly my area of expertise. I hope this helps, and before I continue, I wish you the best of luck on your deck.
Let's start off with the lands/ramp. The lands seem pretty great choices for a budget deck, couldn't really have done it better myself, but there are a couple cards you may want to consider that you might have missed. Brightclimb Pathway Flip is probably one of the biggest ones, and it is only around 2-3 bucks. It's very valuable to have a choice like that in the game, and neither would come in tapped which is super good. Salt Flats is also a great card, and while it comes in tapped, you can always rely on it for a good source of colored mana, or simply use the colorless part of its ability. It is also less than 50 cents, making it a great include for a budget deck. Blighted Fen might also contribute to the theme, but is absolutely unnecessary unless you like its ability. Now, we get into a whole set of cards that could be interesting to think about, though whether you think you should include them or not are entirely up to you. Teysa is all about sacrificing and having sac outlets, so what if you had lands that had the option to act as creatures? This would let you tap for mana, and have the option to sac a creature if you needed it! Here are some of the better ones you may want to consider:
- Shambling Vent
- Foundry of the Consuls
- Blinkmoth Nexus
- Dread Statuary
- Frostwalk Bastion
- Mishra's Factory
- Cradle of the Accursed
Now you may not like most of those, but possibly even just having one or two of the better ones like Blinkmoth and Mishra might be pretty beneficial, as it's always good to have things to sac in the worst-case scenario. In addition to that, all of the cards above are less than a dollar if not a small bit more, meaning they could most likely work price wise. To wrap up all the land part, Crystal Vein is also something good to consider, giving you a turn extra in mana at the price of the land, as well as Field of Ruin, which is just a overall not bad card in general for harming your opponents.
Now, what about ramp? While your ramp looks pretty good, here are a couple sweet ones you may have missed: Dark Ritual!!! This guy is amazing, for one mana you can pretty much cast teysa turn 2 with another land out, or it can just give you a huge leg up in general! Certaintly worth considering. Talisman of Hierarchy is also a super cheap great card I would definitely recommend for the deck, and it will surely benefit you more than the Prismatic Lens, though having both is simply better. Commander's Sphere obviously isn't as good as arcane signet, but it is still pretty great due to the draw ability and is also definitely worth considering. Cabal Ritual is also great with teysa since you'll be sacrificing a lot. To top that all off, Knight of the White Orchid and Gift of Estates are pretty good and definitely worth looking into.
Altogether, for your mana base, there isn't anything too dire, it all looks pretty good, though there are certainly a few budget cards I mentioned there you should definitely consider. I'm now going to give some recommendations on some all-around good cards to include, and save the specifically aristocrats stuff for last. Swords to Plowshares is pretty cheap and yet an amazing staple in all decks, I would definitely consider that, especially since in your case you can play it on one of your own things to get extra triggers, while also gaining the life. Generous Gift is also an amazing removal card that I have in my best deck and it's pretty good too! Same as for swords, you even have the option to play it on yourself and get the elephant token that you can sacrifice again! Fumigate and Cleansing Nova are pretty cheap but good board wipes that I would definitely try including too, to top of all the removal. In black, Read the Bones, Sign in Blood, and Night's Whisper are pretty good for draw that you may want to think about.
Now sorry if this is a bit rushed, I am short on time, but you may want to think about some of the following cards, with graveyard recursion, tutors to graveyards, and good sac cards!
- Buried Alive
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Pitiless Plunderer
- Dictate of Erebos (not budget, but would be worth it)
- Village Rites
- Cruel Celebrant
Now before I end this, I would consider checking out EDHREC, where you can find so many suggestions for teysa based on what other people have (link to teysa on edhrec here and also checking out the combo section, as you may find many combo-y cards that could work in the deck! Anyways, sorry this was a bit rushed, I hope it is of use to you, and have a wonderful day! Happy tapping!
4 weeks ago
ImaginitiveRascal Plaguecrafter is one of the updates I'll do when I get one, since currently I don't have any in my collection. About Daxos, Blessed by the Sun I never thought about adding him on this deck, I'll try how it works with him when LGS are open to play games again.
4 weeks ago
I have a budget version of this deck, and these are some cards I'd suggest: Plaguecrafter is better than Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner because it can hit planeswalkers, it's a 3/2, and it also makes your opponents discard cards. Once, Daxos, Blessed by the Sun saved me the game with around 20 life. He works with tokens really well because there are so many of them that it starts to add up, plus you get two when they die with Teysa Karlov.
1 month ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. This is a good budget version of Teysa and you have several nice cards.
Some lower CMC cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Doomed Traveler
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp.
- Tithe Taker
- Skirsdag High Priest: repeatable 5/5 Demons, morbid can trigger on any player's turn even when an opponent's creature dies.
- Dark Ritual
- Dreadhorde Invasion
Cards to consider cutting for these:
- Martial Coup
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder: his token making ability is better in mono black or Rakdos; it's not needed when playing white.
- Vindictive Vampire: the worst aristocrat here.
- Smothering Abomination: doesn't trigger when a creature dies only when a creature is saced, there's better repeatable draw options/sac outlets here.
- Black Market: Smothering Tithe is better ramp.
- Sifter of Skulls: Pitiless Plunderer and Pawn of Ulamog are better.
- Choose one, cut the other, from Butcher of Malakir or Martyr's Bond.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
- For sure adding Daring Apprentice to try, though may be too slow without haste.
- Want to try Glen Elendra Archmage (though she was way cheaper when I last looked).
- Plaguecrafter will be added, even if just to replace Fleshbag Marauder / Merciless Executioner.
- Vanishing looks like a fantastic protection for Muldrotha, since I only need her on board on my turn.
- Mindbender Spores just looks like a hilariously fun and lesser known old card, that just looks like a great deterrent to attacking.
- Kaya's Ghostform is strictly better than Thrull Retainer, the buff doesn't matter much.
- Remove Sol Ring for Arcane Signet, there are so many 2 colour pips I need the coloured mana.
- For this reason, I also want to put in Lotus Field. Sacking 2 lands may hurt early game, but can be amazing late game.
- Debating Journey to Eternity Flip, the curve for the deck is low but getting an extra creature out of the graveyard at instant speed is pretty great even if costs 5 CMC to activate.
- Glacial Chasm, it just, makes me happy and could be clutch in a pinch. The cumulative upkeep is no big deal since you can let it die, so having it in your graveyard could be an awesome safety net with the limited land destruction in the format. I think sacking a land and using your land drop for it would be terrible early to mid game, unless Azusa, Lost but Seeking is out.