Creature — Human Shaman
When Plaguecrafter enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker. Each player who can't discards a card.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Plaguecrafter occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.21%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
WB (Orzhov): 0.49%
BUG (Sultai): 0.73%
3 days ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Ah, you must be so lucky to play a meta with so little planeswalkers.
3 weeks ago
This is an interesting concept, but I think the meta just isn't in the right place for this. Any mono-red aggro goes under you, Temur Clover/Jeskai Fires goes over you, Azorius Control hardly exists anymore, but it waits you out as well, Rakdos Sacrifice you have no meaningful interaction with...
Just the lack of non-creature interaction in this deck means it won't be able to interact with the artifacts and enchantments that are so pervasive in this meta. You've got Planar Cleansing, but with nothing to follow that up with, you're still going to lose because your opponent can just rebuild.
Most of these cards are decent cards, they just don't fit together. You need a lot of sac-chaff for Doom Foretold and Plaguecrafter to work well, you need to make your opponent draw cards for Underworld Dreams to do good work (you also need more black mana, from the simple fact it costs , and Covetous Urge basically costs ),
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Plaguecrafter feels very out of place here. you're not trying to build some sort of sacrifice themed deck, so you won't get as much value out of it.
4 weeks ago
Hey, I like your version of Athreos and it has a much higher budget than your Niv deck, nice Scrubland :) There's not a lot of versions of Athroes yet to compare too, but there's some really good interactions here especially Nightmare Shepherd and Mangara of Corondor.
Puppeteer Clique can steal an opponents creature from their graveyard, attack with that creature, at your end step stack the triggers to first put a coin counter on that creature then exile it, returning it to the battlefield under your control.
Eldrazi Displacer can be repeatable exile of opponents creatures for three mana. Steal any opponents creature at your end step at instant speed after you put a coin counter on that creature. Displacer would require more colorless mana sources from lands and mana rocks: Caves of Koilos, Fetid Heath, Talisman of Hierarchy, Mind Stone, Tainted Field, Esper Panorama, Ash Barrens. Displacer can also protect you from an opponent creature attacking you since if you blink an attacking creature it will leave combat and ETB tapped. Can also use the blink with politics.
Plaguecrafter and Fleshbag Marauder are powerful creatures in multiplayer Commander who can sac themselves or another creature you control who may have a coin counter. These creatures are good with Mimic Vat which would give you a repeatable creature at instant speed who can make all your opponents sac a creature. Vat can pair nicely with many board wipes since you can imprint an opponents creature.
Good luck with your deck.