|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Golem
Darksteel Colossus is indestructible.
If Darksteel Colossus would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal Darksteel Colossus and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||warcry02 , switchkill65 , Nemesis , L4DMalus , Fullmetalmage , angesoir , Mousemke , Fairseas , Va1mar , Sav547 , Pumpkinking913 , Dannyel , Shiromakuro , , mziter501|
|Want (29)||MrSage , Turtlelover73 , AlphaSp , acbooster , richardmv , ZatheusArctureus , shoebox , Mexinate , Approximos , CerberAsta , Baconmaster52 , VampSlayer , pphhaazzee , BringerOfStorms , xander025 , thiSmanAro , eastly , snoopywashere , kovellen , RoninH3RO , rakdos24 , Hakkai_Requiem , karakiwi , AquaDave , lucky72 , maddallena , SilverGalaxE , jakemoomoocow , GrandeKhan|
Darksteel Colossus Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 months ago
Why are you adding Darksteel Colossus, you'll have to cast it from your hand every time which makes it a bit useless for daretti
2 months ago
For around the $30 mark you should certainly be able to get the following cards: Duplicant, Thopter Assembly, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Platinum Angel, Metalwork Colossus, Darksteel Colossus, Colossus of Akros, Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient, Blinkmoth Urn, Pia's Revolution, Buried Ruin, Inventors' Fair, Hellkite Tyrant, Nevinyrral's Disk, Jhoira's Familiar, Foundry Inspector, Thran Temporal Gateway, Copper Gnomes and Unwinding Clock.
I have seen all of these guys do a lot of work for a Daretti deck and all of them are relavtively affordable for this first batch. I did the math and it is around the $30 for all of the above cards on TCGPlayer.
For future upgrades though I will recommend cards like: Rings of Brighthearth, Blightsteel Colossus, Darksteel Forge, Mycosynth Lattice, Platinum Emperion, Vedalken Orrery, Metalworker, Krark-Clan Ironworks Mindslaver, Karn, Scion of Urza and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Hopefully that helps out!
2 months ago
Thanks for the tips. This is still a work in progress, so the final run will look a lot different than the current one. Budget is the key word in this first build, if it turns out to be working, I might add some more value cards to strengthen it. I know I should go into blue, but I really want to try not to.
You're right about Fertile Ground, it's too costly. The upside is that you can put it on Darksteel Citadel, which can be untapped with Voltaic Servant (or maybe Voltaic Key?). In each case, I think I'm going to replace it by two more Llanowar Elves for the time being.
About the tutoring, I guess I should add Ancient Stirrings (which i don't own).