Electrodominance deals X damage to target creature, player or planeswalker. You may cast a card with converted mana cost X or less from your hand without paying its mana cost.
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Electrodominance occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
1 week ago
Misc: Etali, Primal Storm, Bloodbraid Elf, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Coiling Oracle, Shardless Agent, Kess, Dissident Mage, Spark Double, Beast Within, Terminate, Nature's Claim, Electrodominance, In Garruk's Wake, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Unexpected Results, Casualties of War, Deny Reality
I would also recommend a little more ramp, because you are going to have to cast the big things as soon as possible.
1 month ago
That's hard to bear, for most. The thing I do to keep my decks cheap is avoid Shock Lands( Steam Vents and the like) and cards like Fabled Passage . I'm not denying their value, but are they really 10-20 times more valuable (in the game) than a card like Temple of Epiphany ? They both tap, and both give an add on.
Also, Sleeves exist, to protect cards. Cards can be bought cheaper when they are in a less-than-new condition. And foils are also a bit unnecessary, if your goal is to stay cheap.
Now for an actual idea. I was looking at the cards you liked at the top of this post. Pteramander and Crackling Drake are both big on instants, and getting Humongous as a result of them. Enigma Drake has already rotated, it is no longer standard legal. Two other red and blue cards that get Gargantuan as a result of instants/sorceries are Erratic Cyclops and Wee Dragonauts . Cards that help you cast such spells are Goblin Electromancer , and (sorta) Spellkeeper Weird . The instants/sorceries you want to cast with this can be damaging type, card advantage type, orcreature buff/debuff, or even the first two of these combined. (Counterspells are essential, too)
For Damage, Shock , Lava Coil and Electrodominance are good. Card-Drawing, Opt , Winged Words , and Chemister's Insight all draw and give card advantage. Infuriate , Sure Strike , and Sonic Assault both buff/debuff. Ral's Outburst both damages and gives card advantage. For a damaging deck, you may want Electrostatic Field . For a card-drawing deck, The Magic Mirror and Niv-Mizzet, Parun make a great combo. If you want to simply buff your creatures to victory, make sure to keep the pumping creatures.
Counterspells are essential, I find Quench is surprisingly useful. Ionize is great too, and everyone seems to love Mystical Dispute too, although it is pricey. Convolute is a cheaper (monetary-wise) thing to use.
I hope this helped you decide on cards!
1 month ago
Hey man, this is a really tight list! My suggestions are going to seem half-hearted, because there isn't a lot I would change here. All the key pieces I was looking for are already here. Well done.
I really like Torbran as a pressure and efficient boardwipe commander, so I'm glad to see both of those elements here.
Here's some cards to consider:
Immolation Shaman is another pressure card you're missing.
Satyr Firedancer is some cool tech with direct burn spells, plus the +2 damage from Torbran stacks!
Shadowspear from the upcoming set might be awesome in here. You can target stuff and they lose indestructible. Huge.
Drakuseth, Maw of Flames is a great finisher, with Torbran he's actually dealing 9, 6, 5, and 5.
Let's talk about card advantage. If you add ANY of the cards I suggest, please let it be these.
Cavalier of Flame is a good self wheel/later damage, as well as Khorvath's Fury . Reforge the Soul is just a solid wheel and budget Wheel of Fortune. These plus the wheels/looting you already have go great with Glint-Horn Buccaneer , who's also solid on his own. Humble Defector is my second favorite magic card, and is a great political card or just combos with Homeward Path , which you already have. Tome of Legends has been finding it's way into most of my decks with low cost commanders, if you attack with Torbran you should consider it. Ignite the Future is basically Red's harmonize, and I suggest it for any red deck without blue. And since you're in one color, Endless Atlas is a solid draw engine. Finally, Light Up the Stage is an okayish little draw spell you might consider.
Here's some cards I'm not convinced by and you might consider cutting for my other suggestions.
Chandra, Awakened Inferno Emblems don't have a color, so Torbran doesn't affect then. Yeah she can wipe the board, but you can more easily do that for 1 mana instead of 6.
Electrodominance under-preformed in Neheb.
Sundering Stroke I think is too expensive for what it does. It's hard to get 7 red without Neheb out.
By Force unless you really have to deal with artifacts every game. Add draw to get to the other removal you have faster.
Price of Glory under-preformed in Neheb, people just hold up mana rocks.
Urabrask the Hidden Haste at 5cmc is way too late. Replace with Cavalier if you really think you need it, or anything else.
Thran Dynamo this deck is hungry for red mana. I'd suggest finding a mana rock that gives red. Arcane signet maybe?
Magebane Armor is cool, but most of your sweepers don't kill your important creatures.
That's all I got for cuts, again. tight list man. Love it.
1 month ago
If you wanna go all-in on the spell copying i have a few things. You need cost reduction, in addition to Electromancer you have Baral, Chief of Cumpleaños , Arcane Melee , Mizzix of the Izmagnus , and Curious Homunculus Flip for creatures. There're also the Medallion artifacts( Sapphire , Emerald , and Ruby ) and Jace's Sanctum is an enchantment that also has you scry 1 each time you cast an instant or sorcery. You can also look at As Foretold , Throes of Chaos , and Maelstrom Wanderer as ways to get "free" spells so you can use the mana that the spells cost to instead copy them. You're also going to want more mana acceleration so you can cast multiple spells or utilize multiple copy effects the best dorks are Rattleclaw Mystic , BoP , and Sylvan Caryatid and for 2CMC rocks you have the Signets( Izzet , Simic , and Gruul ) and the Talismans ( Creativity , Curiosity , and Impulse ). If you don't want to rely on artifacts for ramp since they don't synergize with Riku Kodama's Reach and Cultivate are pretty much auto-includes for G ramp spells, and Nature's Lore , Farseek , and Skyshroud Claim to get non-basic Forests into play faster, this does mean you'll need more non-basic Forests so you should get Breeding Pool , Stomping Ground , and Sheltered Thicket . Once you have costs down you can focus on the value you get out of your spells an easy way is looking at Twiddle effects like Rewind , Frantic Search , Snap , and Unwind , similar to Peregrine Drake and Palinchron , they untap their costs worth of lands so when you copy them or reduce their costs they start to generate mana. Now that you've generated a stupid amount of mana you need things to do with it so you have Epic Experiment , Expropriate , Time Stretch , and Rishkar's Expertise for value and you can use Fireball , Fall of the Titans , Finale of Devastation , and Electrodominance to just straight up kill people. Additional ways to copy spells are Dualcaster Mage , Dual Casting , Repeated Reverberation , Bonus Round , and Increasing Vengeance and Echo Mage , and some added value effects you can use are Rashmi, Eternities Crafter and Sunbird's Invocation .
2 months ago
So you use Electrodominance with X = 0 to cast Footfalls without having to pay the green to suspend it?
2 months ago
Here are some of the newer-released cards that I've added to my Mizzix deck (Note, I did not buy the precon, I built mine from scratch).
2 months ago
Naksu, thanks! I'm trying to keep this a standard build to see how much fun I can have with it in my local meta. As such, Scapeshift and Multani are out. I'll look at Cavalier though and see how it feels within the deck. Might be a great sideboard in certain situations.
As for Wilderness Reclamation , it is here to interact with both Repeated Reverberation and Electrodominance . Since Fires does not require you to play the spells for free, you can cast Reverb for free, move to your end step, and mega-pump Electro. Then, even if the first Electro gets countered, you still have two copies of it that need to be dealt with.
2 months ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.