|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Electrodominance deals X damage to target creature, player or planeswalker. You may cast a card with converted mana cost X or less from your hand without paying its mana cost.
1 week ago
So you use Electrodominance with X = 0 to cast Footfalls without having to pay the green to suspend it?
1 week ago
Here are some of the newer-released cards that I've added to my Mizzix deck (Note, I did not buy the precon, I built mine from scratch).
2 weeks ago
Naksu, thanks! I'm trying to keep this a standard build to see how much fun I can have with it in my local meta. As such, Scapeshift and Multani are out. I'll look at Cavalier though and see how it feels within the deck. Might be a great sideboard in certain situations.
As for Wilderness Reclamation , it is here to interact with both Repeated Reverberation and Electrodominance . Since Fires does not require you to play the spells for free, you can cast Reverb for free, move to your end step, and mega-pump Electro. Then, even if the first Electro gets countered, you still have two copies of it that need to be dealt with.
2 weeks ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
1 month ago
How about some CHEMISTER'S Insight ? Har har, funny jokes.
Electrodominance is an excellent card for Izzet Spells. Bonecrusher Giant gives you an upgraded Shock and a good creature. Ral, Storm Conduit gives extra damage and card filtering. Thousand-Year Storm you might also consider if you're playing several spells in one turn. Risk Factor forces your opponent to take 4 damage or let you draw three.
Just some suggestions. You'll have to make room for whatever cards you put in, so be selective.
1 month ago
I think it's plausible. Lotus Field is the right choice for this deck IMO, as it allows you to change the mana symbols you're getting. I think only playtesting will show if that strategy will work.
If you don't mind, I'll critique other parts of the deck. Swiftwater Cliffs needs to come out for Steam Vents (preferably four of it) since this deck doesn't really care about gaining one life. Castle Vantress and/or Mystic Sanctuary might also have a home in this deck. Hypnotic Sprite is underpowered in both halves. If you want a counterspell, go with a good counterspell. If you want a creature, get a creature. Also, when you playtest, view Queen of Ice with a skeptical eye. I'm not convinced it needs to be taken out, but if you need to shrink the deck she's a good candidate.
Improbable Alliance seems to be a good fit here, as does Irencrag Pyromancer . Electrodominance works well, since it allows you to play an additional spell from your hand (essentially making it a two-for-one). Faerie Vandal might go well here.
Please correct me if I've misunderstood the purpose of the deck, because it seems you aren't maximizing the potential of the extra cards and instant/sorcery benefits.
1 month ago
I love Nahiri, the Harbinger , she's such a fun card. I wonder if a pivot to a Restore Balance deck is more along the "prison" lines you're looking for. With Electrodominance and the new Fires of Invention you can cast it repeatedly. Chandra, Acolyte of Flame can get it back. And then Cavalier of Flame could be fun in the deck. You could even consider adding green to have Crashing Footfalls and Eternal Witness .
1 month ago
I have a thread that you can post this on if you are looking for help with it called Quick, Thoughtful Deck help. As for my own suggestions, I see 15 Instants and 3 Sorceries. A certain card, Arclight Phoenix , seems like a very good choice for your deck as it makes the discards from your Thrills and Scions less awkward. Also, consider taking out the one copy of Ionize and Electrodominance for two copies of either Ral, Izzet Viceroy , Jace's Projection , or even a card like Bag of Holding . Ral can deal with the opponent’s big threats while also letting you filter through your deck, Jace’s Projection can get pretty out of hand with extreme card draw, and Bag keeps your discarded spells able to be returned to you. As for any other advice, Niv-Mizzet, Parun seems pretty okay in here, and Mystic Sanctuary to get back some of your spells doesn’t seem half bad either.
Electrodominance occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%