Ryusei, the Falling Star
Legendary Creature — Dragon Spirit
When Ryusei, the Falling Star is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, it deals 5 damage to each creature without flying.
|Have (2)||lizardwarrior , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||jimcricket42 , sgt.zephyr|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||None|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ryusei, the Falling Star occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ryusei, the Falling Star Discussion
2 weeks ago
In: Ugin, the Spirit Dragon - Out: Despark Moving the deck balance more towards asymetrical boardwipes instead of single target removals. Ugin and Primeval moved the average CMC to 4.0 which is quite high. I'll decide after some playtesting if Ugin should stay or not, maybe in favour of ramp like Skyshroud Claim
I left Niv-Mizzet Reborn in the deck for now, in goldfishing he usually draws me 1-3 cards which is not bad for a 5 colored mana dragon that can be cast with a simple Jegantha tap.
Down to 25 dragons, which is the lowest I want to go. I'd like to make room for Skyshroud Claim due to the higher average CMC and also still planning on adding Fire Covenant whenever I get my hands on it.
3 weeks ago
Braid of Fire - Molten Disaster - Chain Reaction - Magmaquake - Viashino Heretic - Wildfire - Pyrohemia - Violent Eruption - Starstorm - Pyrokinesis - Street Spasm - Rolling Thunder - Boil - Arc Lightning - Steam Blast - Breath of Darigaaz - Slagstorm - Flame Jab - Pyroclasm - Flamebreak - Volcanic Fallout
3 weeks ago
Hey JaceGoBoom :)
Just wanted to let you know that I really like your deck...
Well actually, it’s not only that:
When I started playing EDH I decided that I only wanted to have legendary dragons as commander. After building the easier ones I’m now at the point where I go for the „un-build-able“ and yeah, four of the Kamigawa Dragons appear to be at least a challenge because you always have to jump through so many hoops to get the when it dies trigger. After making Keiga, the Tide Star and Jugan, the Rising Star work I thought that’s it, I will never find a way to make Ryusei, the Falling Star into a deck and that’s when I found your list. And you did it! And your solution is so simple and therefore brilliant: Clones! And you also did it on a budget which is just super impressive :)
What I perhaps like the most is the sub-theme with Mogg Maniac and Coalhauler Swine. I like it so much that I’d like to suggest adding Spiteful Sliver and if you ever want to build it non budget Repercussion.
The last card that might be of interest is Weaponize the Monsters for Makeshift Munitions. Although it costs more to activate it deals more damage and also lets you shoot any target which could be an upside.
That’s it from my side. Thanks again for your deck building effort, description and especially charing it with the rest of the world :)
3 months ago
Cards to consider cutting:
- Fountain of Renewal
- Armillary Sphere: there's better ramp options since this only puts the basic lands into your hand not onto the battlefield.
- Moldervine Reclamation: the least good repeatable source of draw here and being a five drop makes it high mana cost redundancy that you don't need.
- Blood for Bones: lackuster reanimation because you have to sac a creature first. You have reanimation that comes with a Dragon, Teneb and Bladewing which is better reanimation with Dragons.
- Dance of the Manse: nice to reanimate artifacts/enchantments if the strategy of your deck is to self-mill or interact in other ways by getting artifacts into your graveyard. That's not the strategy here therefore this card is not doing much.
- Farseek: good ramp only if you can search for a dual land. Currently Farseek can't search for a dual land which means it could be replaced with a better card for ramp such as Arcane Signet or Smothering Tithe.
- Ryusei, the Falling Star: this Dragon is subpar because you only get the value from it when it dies, but you don't have a consistent way to kill your Dragons nor should you add one.
- Crucible of Fire: Dragons already have high power and flying they don't need an anthem effect like this.
- Helm of the Host: can be a powerful card, but needs support to be one. Your deck doesn't have that support and adding it just for Helm is not needed.
If you're looking for Dragon power then consider moving from the sideboard to the main deck Utvara Hellkite and Steel Hellkite? Utvara is among the best Dragons because it creates a Dragon for each Dragon you control that attacks, each Dragon not just Utvara which can create a huge Dragon army.
Utvara is busted with Dragon Tempest, Scourge of Valkas and Temur Ascendancy, Kindred Discovery, Elemental Bond. Tempest/Ascendancy because they give it haste. Tempest/Scourge because each time a 6/6 Dragon is created it does damage to target creature or player equal to the amount of Dragons you control. Ascendancy/Discovery/Bond can be a lot of draw because each 6/6 Dragon created draws you a card.
Scion of the Ur-Dragon and adding Utvara are reasons to also include more tutors that can search for them and put one of them into your hand. Steel Hellkite is also a Dragon upgrade as it's repeatable attack ability can wipe out an opponent's board state, one opponent at a time. Steel is good with lots of ramp.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Dragonspeaker Shaman is needed cost reduction for your scaled beasties though looking on Card Kingdom.com, the price on this is a bit higher than I would have guessed. Would still be a very good investment for the deck.
Icon of Ancestry is an anthem and search for more dragons.
You really need more artifact ramp here. Budget options [under $1] include: Star Compass , Mana Geode , Pillar of Origins and Hedron Archive . If you're willing to bump up and spend more than $1 per rock: Mind Stone , Worn Powerstone , Wayfarer's Bauble and Fire Diamond are more powerful options. Sol Ring is an obvious choice as well and if you can afford to splurge on one, I would.
By Force is a really nice mass artifact removal spell that will go a long way towards slowing down the table to give you time to launch the dragon airforce.
Too bad on Sundial of the Infinite , it would really make the deck much better by mitigating Zirilan's drawback.
8 months ago
9 months ago
Also worth considering are creatures with LTB triggers (Leave the Battlefield; AKA Death Triggers)
And literally any aristocrats as well.