Put onto the battlefield under your control all creature cards in all graveyards that were put there from the battlefield this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Thrilling Encore Discussion
1 day ago
Alright I took a look over your deck, and you built it pretty sweet! From what you told me so far you want a casual/fun deck that can threaten to stomp people to the ground :P
Here might be some fun card suggestions that you can utilize for card flips:
Aside from those fun janky cards, I would lower the curve a little bit more, add more rocks, as well as more Card Advantage (CA). The most problem with Rakdos decks is the lack of CA it can provide.
Some staples you can use of this archetype are:
Also some additional types of demon that can help:
- Bloodgift Demon
- Demon of Dark Schemes
- Lord of the Void
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Sire Of Insanity
Since cards are going to hit the graveyard at one point, recursion spells are quite nice, here might be some utility spells that are cool:
I'm not too sure on which route you want to go for your deck, but I hope this gives you some additional insight. If you like further help clarify what additional support your looking for and I'll be glad to help out!
5 days ago
Hmm, some good points here hkhssweiss
I usually like In Garruk's Wake because it's asymmetrical, but you pointing it out made me go "wait, I want my creatures to die!"
Cleansing Nova was in here mainly for artifacts and enchantments since has trouble dealing with them, but I suppose I have a few ways to deal with them. If worse comes to worse odds are good that someone else will deal with the threat.
I guess I do already have cards like Krav, the Unredeemed that are better.
Thran Dynamo was a card that I was thinking about, but I agree that I could do without it.
Seraph of the Scales was in here mainly for the afterlife and possibility for deathtouch, but I agree that it's lackluster.
I guess Thrilling Encore is a bit expensive
Maybe one day you will be in a deck Storm Herd . One day . . .
I suppose there are better ways than Nomads' Assembly
I do like the death trigger on Ancient Stone Idol and that fact that its cost can be reduced. A card to consider taking out though
I'm definitely on the edge about Knight of the Last Breath . On one hand it has afterlife and can be a sac outlet, but on the other it's stats are kind of bad.
I feel like Helm of the Host can do good by cloning creatures with death triggers. (My goal is to make a ton of Elenda, the Dusk Rose 's. But I live in Magical Christmas Land most of the time, so who knows if that will happen).
I really appreciate this. Both you and DrkNinja have brought up good points that have really sped this process along!
5 days ago
Here are 20 cards you can consider cutting:
- Ancient Stone Idol - Too high CMC and just a beater.
- Crested Sunmare - I like it but one of your slower weaker cards.
- Falkenrath Noble - You have cheaper same redundant effects.
- Knight of the Last Breath - Way too high CMC, doesn't impact board.
- Meadowboon - Doesn't trigger Teysa.
- Night Incarnate - Not good enough.
- Krav, the Unredeemed - We don't generate that much tokens to be efficient.
- Seraph of the Scales - Good in limited, in EDH she is subpar.
- Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts - Too high cost, and you don't want people to swing at you.
- Vindictive Vampire - Same reason as noble.
- In Garruk's Wake - Too high cost.
- Storm Herd - Just needs to be cut, as no way to free cast or reduce.
- Helm of the Host - Fun card but doesn't synergize efficiently.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - This might actually one day be bad for your game plan.
- Exquisite Blood - not that great by itself and hard to combo off.
- Sanguine Bond - Same as above.
- Nomads' Assembly - There are better ways to make tokens.
- Thrilling Encore - I like this card as well, but most of the time holding up 5 mana is quite hard.
- Cleansing Nova - You already have Merciless Eviction , you don't need two types.
- Thran Dynamo - This might seem weird, but I would rather have a 2 CMC mana rock over this one at times.
Hope that helps cutting!
1 week ago
Update — Jan. 10, 2019
I decided to buy some upgrades for the cube.
- Reanimate is now making its appearance and replacing Thrilling Encore , which was a fun card, but a little confusing and nowhere near as iconic.
- Eternal Witness is replacing Pulse of Murasa . With this change, it felt wrong to have green outshining the reclamation abilities of black, so…
- Gravedigger has been moved to the common rarity, replacing Macabre Waltz .
- Replacing Gravedigger in the uncommon slot, is Plague Mare .
1 week ago
1 month ago
Had some painful non-bo experiences today. Thrilling Encore isn't that good with Anafenza exiling their stuff. Probably better off with something like Make a Stand.
Plague of Vermin helped them more than it hurt. Although I gave my guys trample, their Soul Warden and Mycoloth equalized my alpha strike. I could really use a one-sided Ascendant Evincar of some kind. I was thinking of Amulet of Safekeeping, although it nerfs Ogre Slumlord. I might have to go full anti-token with Virulent Plague.
I'm leaning too hard on Merciless Eviction to undo a fortress. I could use a Nev Disk or even Purify. I also need a way to break through with my developed rat army, so I'm considering AEther Shockwave. I also need to reuse a non-rat card, possibly just add Regrowth.
1 month ago
Instead of Eternal Witness, you may want to consider Phyrexian Reclamation. It doesn't get anything back, but it is more repeatable. Or maybe consider Thrilling Encore to make yourself more board-wipe resilient.
1 month ago
Thanks for the clarification.
Marchesa, the Black Rose creates a delayed triggered ability each time a creature with a +1/+1 counter controlled by Marchesa's controller dies. At the beginning of the next end step, the trigger will try to put that creature back onto the battlefield from the graveyard.
For your first situation, he would have four delayed triggered abilities waiting to go off at the end of the turn. Since you own the creatures, they go to your graveyard. Once all four creatures are in your graveyard, you can flash in Garna, the Bloodflame and all four creatures will return to your hand. When the end step comes, the Marchesa triggers will try to return the creatures, but they can't because those creatures are no longer in your graveyard, so the triggers do nothing.
For your second, you can wait until the end of the turn to flash in Garna, but you must do it in response to the triggers going on the stack. If you let them start resolving, some or all (depending on how many resolve) of your creatures will return under his control instead.
In your third scenario, at any point between your creatures going to your graveyard and the Marchesa triggers beginning to resolve, you can cast Thrilling Encore and you will get your creatures back on the battlefield under your control. As a bonus, if your opponent killed any of his creatures as well before you cast this, you will get his creatures too.