|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Avatar
When Molten Primordial enters the battlefield, for each opponent, take control of up to one target creature that player controls until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They have haste until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||the.beanpole , Pelli , Mousemke , , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , Epidilius , The_Munchkin , Fineontheoutside , mziter501 , Wolfebladeelite , Myllyes314 , Kleptozaniac , Xunfor6iv3nX , Unlife , twistedmage , CampbellStev , rdean14 , sonnet666 , Swamy , bradyofportdetroit , SoggyGecko , YossarianLives , RedMulligan , thetechzombie|
|Want (24)||meren13 , smaps , DeifiedExile , Ellemenopy , king0fclubs , CaptianClueless , PRO-AUGMANDOO , NobleSlay3r , zephyrmoth , pumahands , Jokulmorder1 , itskevinmiller , HowIett , Clockwork_Control , Timishue , alexxq , Archmage_Aramil , cornonjacob , Rev0388 , kovellen , yanfox , samuelianstorm , mooseonwhiskey , metlguy|
Molten Primordial Discussion
1 week ago
Your deck is gonna be stagnant if Marchesa isn't protected so I'd suggest Lightning Greaves to protect her. I'd also suggest Grim Haruspex, Disciple of Bolas and Sage of Fables for some reliable card draw. Your deck also seems to want to be aggressive so cards like Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch and Anger to have more cards that grant haste to capitalize on an open opponent. Also dealing with combat you can have some extra evasion with stuff like Profaner of the Dead and Pyreheart Wolf. If you want to delve more into the realm of taking other people's creatures then Molten Primordial would be great. Last but not least Marchesa, the Black Rose and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed puts anything that dies into a recursion loop, so another way to abuse that is having a creature infinitely die while Deathbringer Thoctar or Stalking Vengeance is out to throw infinite damage at everyone for a W!!! That's all I got, Happy Brewing!!!
2 weeks ago
I'd put a couple of sac outlets and borrow effects in. Things like Molten Primordial, Mass Mutiny, Insurrection, Goblin Bombardment, Phyrexian Altar, Krark-Clan Ironworks, Trading Post and Grinding Station. Maybe a few things like Disrupt Decorum as well, that way you win with your opponents creatures and don't have to worry about diluting the chaos/group hug effects too much
3 weeks ago
I gave the list a more in-depth look, with particular consideration to the issues you've listed above. Here are some further thoughts--some of these will be outside your current budget, but are worth remembering for future improvement.
Torment of Hailfire provides a solid win condition.
To encourage attacking others, you could consider running some of the curses. Curse of Opulence and Curse of Disturbance are the two I would probably run. The first is a powerful incentive and gives them mana to feed into Xantcha's ability. The second gives you a blocker to offset the attacker they are receiving.
You have a lot of very expensive, low-impact sorceries you should cut. With the exception of Blasphemous Act, all your sorceries with a CMC 5+ should go.
Braid of Fire will grow out of control quickly, feeding your commander.
1 month ago
Secondo me devi impostare il mazzo più verso il fare attaccare gli avversari tra loro e fargli perdere tempo per poi tirare fuori una finisher. Inoltre non hai nessun vantaggio dallo scartare, perché non hai cose come Liliana's Caress, wheels o carte con Madness, di conseguenza taglierei anche da quella parte. Quindi toglierei alcune delle carte tax che hai messo. Proporrei cose del genere:
- Harsh Mentor -> Again, una tax abbastanza gratuita che però ti rende il tizio fastidioso #1. Non è ciò che vuoi, ti servono cose più subdole. Tipo Hunted Dragon.
- Sire Of Insanity -> Spezza le tattiche a tutti, ma anche a te. Non lo ritengo utile, soprattutto perché non carte con madness, né carte sufficenti con flashback, emerge, ecc. Meglio un Combustible Gearhulk che ti fa pescare. In rosso. 6/6 first strike.
- Dark Ritual -> Non è forte come Mana Geyser. Se non sei un mazzo combo, non te ne fai nulla di una carta così.
- Hero's Downfall -> Ruinous Path e risparmi.
- Rakdos Charm -> Nessuno dei sui effetti è così utile, se non forse esiliare il cimitero, but then again... Bojuka Bog?
- Dreadbore -> Murder e risparmi.
- Vandalblast -> Costa davvero tanto. Fai tu, ma non vedo tutta questa necessità di spaccare tutto. hai già molto removal per gli artefatti, potresti investire quei denari altrove.
- War's Toll -> Heartless Hidetsugu è meglio non metterti un bersagio sulla testa grosso come war's toll. L'hidetsugu è più democratico.
- Worn Powerstone -> Citadel of Pain perché la Powerstone fa schifo. Meglio una carta che gioca contro chi vuole fare il cheesy. Oppure Talisman of Indulgence.
- Hissing Miasma -> Skyline Despot meglio avere più carte che ti rendono monarca che un side effect come questo enchantment. Se vogliono attaccarti, lo faranno comunque. L'unica ragione per cui invece Marchesa's Decree va bene è perché ti rende monarca.
Io tenterei di mettere tante carte che ti fanno rubare cose agli avversari, perché è un modo swag di rompere le balle. Ci sono così tante carte con questo effetto, che rischi di poter anche non mettere Insurrection, più che altro perché è difficile da trovare e costosa. Dico cose come:
- Molten Primordial
- Grab the Reins.
- Act of Aggression.
- Necromantic Selection.
- Mark of Mutiny.
- Traitorous Instinct.
- Captivating Crew.
- Mass Mutiny.
- Lose Calm.
- Might Makes Right.
- Press into Service.
- Conquering Manticore.
- Portent of Betrayal.
- Malevolent Whispers.
- Harness by Force.
- Limits of Solidarity.
Oltre a ciò, ti consiglio carte swag che sicuramente sono divertenti come:
- Null Profusion.
- Last One Standing mi fa veramente ridere. Swag.
- Nettling Imp è un fck you in particular.
- Vial Smasher the Fierce come cacchio fa a non essere già nel mazzo???
- Lightning Reaver è forte, inolte è quel tipo di danni che non ti rende target #1 da subito.
- Khorvath's Fury è red draw... hello?
- Fellwar Stone è ottimo ramp.
- Staff of Nin.
- Bitter Feud.
- Palace Siege.
Scusa se non ti ho commentato tutte le carte, ma sono un pelo di corsa. Ne possiamo piuttosto parlare quando ci vediamo.
1 month ago
BS-T Hey thanks for your comment! Here are the choices I made based on your recommandations :
Capricious Efreet stays because it's chaos so it's fun and it's one of the few ways I have to interact with PW and enchantments.
Chandra's Phoenix : out. I like the card but cuts need to be made.
Flametongue Kavu : out. Good card but I'd prefer to do something else at 4 mana.
Goblin Chainwhirler stays because a 3/3 first striker for 3 is decent, it can net me mana depending on how many players we are and it has the potential to remove pesky tokens.
Molten Primordial : out. CMC too high for an unreliable ETB trigger.
Zealous Conscripts : out. I love the card and the potential to take and ultimate a PW, but that's actually a 3/3 haste for 5, so idk.
Chandra, Pyromaster stays because she's card advantage on a budget PW so that's pretty cool :)
Chain Lightning : out.
Seething Song stays because it's typical of red and allows me to have Neheb, the Eternal out T2 with a T1 Mountain + Sol Ring. If I one day decide to put in Simian Spirit Guide, I open the door to a potential T1 Neheb :)
Crystal Ball : out. It was initially there to avoid me having crappy hands over time, but I guess Orrery will do the job better.
1 month ago
This is all stuff I'd consider trim-worthy, mostly just because they are not impactful enough either in the format or in comparison to something else you're already playing:
1 month ago
Hey guys, sorry I haven't spoken in a while. IAmTheWraith, I think that's a brilliant idea! I'm with cdkime, I would want some spiky cards in there too. You could also be janky with it with cards like Molten Primordial, Sepulchral Primordial, and Puppeteer Clique.
2 months ago
Hello! I love to see how you are updating the list and our versions are kind becoming more different. I start to feel like i have my own deck instead of just a copy and it's quite great :D i'm also glad to have been able to help you improve your list!
Some coments about stuff you said that called my attention:
1) I've been consistently and surprisingly impressed by Lightning Bolt! Acts like a doom blade most of the time, instant speed is huge, and the fact that can hit walkers is the best. I've noticed there's not much efficient red removal that hits walkers! I wish they printed something like a Flame Slash that can hit walkers too, and the lack of it is what's keeping me out of Mizzium Mortars, it's sorcery and doesn't kill walkers. I'm gonna stick to bolt for now, and i can't honestly believe i'm defending that card in edh multiplayer xd
2) I also like Rolling Earthquake despite it not hitting walkers cause it's the most efficient X damage boardwipe that there is, and i love the fact that hits players. It's a fireball, can end the game on the spot, or can help take out problematic opponents. The alternative i was considering for an effect like that was Comet Storm, but for now i'm sticking with the earthquake until further testing.
3) I'm very curious to hear how Tilonalli's Summoner goes for you. To me that card has always looked like a win-more thing or a bad Tempt with Vengeance, but i'm willing to be proven wrong. Pia Nalaar looks good to me cause it's very consistent value (i always loved her activated abilities) and the fact that thopters seems to be grenzo's best friends.
I'm still a bit on defense about Legion Warboss. I like from the rabblemaster that he can pull out a shitton of damage on its own. I'm gonna be playing warboss in standard so i'm waiting to get some general experience with the card before i put it in.
Furthermore Experimental Frenzy looks really good and something i wanna test after i get some games with Stolen Strategy. I feel it's mostly an enabler for strategies that want to be super proactive at some point, and i'm not sure it fits ours as we wanna be very controlling and oportunistic at times. I'm also not sure we have as much ways to do things with the cards that get stuck in our hand. The fact however that you can just destroy it when it stops being good is what makes it worth the shot, so i'll be testing it at some point, probably after i get the chance to see it playing a bit in standard too.
5) I forgot to mention last time, but i was also considering taking off Insurrection for Molten Primordial. The cealing of the primordial is lower, as he steals less stuff, but i like that he offers more consistent value and gives you a big body you can keep, which make it better than insurrection against spell-based decks.
Now that i have more time i'll work on putting my version on tappedout with a bunch of anotations for these specific cards that are different from your take on the deck, and i will link your version so people can see the basic explanation of the concept, general card choices and your videos. We will have a nice place going on for people wanting to make a strong Grenzo list, which is exciting!