|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
Blue Sun's Zenith
Target player draws X cards. Shuffle Blue Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Blue Sun's Zenith Discussion
4 days ago
It looks like you have infinite combos for mana and counters, but not really any ways to win the game from that point. Here are some wincons that are in my Kraj deck that could work out well in this deck as well:
Herald of Secret Streams can let you kill everyone else when you get infinite counters on all of your creatures.
1 week ago
Let's say this card does see some use, or is used as a sideboard card against mill. Generally, this will not be too big of a problem--as there are fewer and fewer cards in one's deck, there is a vastly larger chance it will be sitting in an opponent's hand when you are ready to win the game. Even if not, Blue can still run sideboard cards like Blue Sun's Zenith, Arcane Denial, Delay, Dissipate, Remand, Void Shatter, etc.
2 weeks ago
Very competitive without being broken. I like it a lot. There's plenty of ways to play around your commander not sticking to the board and late game you can build up experience quickly to win that way anyway.
I was surprised not to see Gush on your list. Quick draw and that 4th counter as well as a way to draw out without using mana for your Enter the Infinite+Laboratory Maniac. Also, is there a reason you like Desperate Ritual over Seething Song? It seems to me that the Song gets you moving faster as 2 counters means your first reiterate costs 3 (going to 3 experience counters after Song is cast) still netting the one. Even with only One experience, you're looking at CMC 2 for Song and and 4 for Reiterate (wholy less than ideal, but still possible where as Ritual would get stuck here).
Finally, A lot of your win cons are 3 CMC. Have you considered Drift of Phantasms? It seems like an innocuous card, but as a nearly uncounterable tutor for Reiterate or Blue Sun's Zenith, it has done great work for me in my Oona, Queen of the Fae combo deck.
Keep up the great work! +1
2 weeks ago
The Ghostly Flicker combo actually goes infinite with just Naru and the spell.
- Cast Ghostly Flicker targeting two lands.
- Flash in Naru targeting the Flicker on the stack.
- Resolve the copy, allowing it to blink Naru and one land.
- Tap the land for mana, and rinse and repeat.
2 weeks ago
We seem to be playing different versions of the deck, which is understandable. A lot of the cards you suggest are above my budget, and you suggest cutting cards that I specifically mention in my description that are pet cards of mine. I built the deck so I could play all the awesome U/R spells that would never work in Modern.
You keep saying I don’t care about tokens but I do, I’ve built the deck around them. Young Pyromancer, Talrand, Sky Summoner, and Dragonshift being my wincons. And Call the Skybreaker is another of my wincons. It gets rid of the many excess lands I have from drawing so many cards and turns them into threats. You don’t need other wizards to make Docent of Perfection Flip good, it’s great on its own and is very easy to flip.
I’ve also tried counterspells in the deck and they were bad in my experience, I rarely ever hold up mana for them and hitting them on Epic Experiment feels really bad. My playgroup also stays away from extra turn spells because turns end up taking so long. I already have Blue Sun's Zenith in the deck. I’m also aware that Baral is better than Electromancer but with so few counterspells there isn’t much difference, I’ll upgrade it eventually.
Thanks for the suggestions and comments! Hope I didn’t sound rude, I really do appreciate it but you’re suggesting cutting most of my favorite cards in the deck.
2 weeks ago
Alright so I'm going to list a bunch of cards to cut but before I do... Mizzix is a deck that you either want to combo out in, or burn people's faces into oblivion; you don't want to make a bunch of tokens and swing with them because if you get boardwiped you probably can't get those token producers back. Also 90% of this deck you should be able to reduce cost for, and if you can't that card better make one hell of an impact. That said here is my list of cuts for you.
- Blustersquall: Turnabout is just a better card than this, it also can be your win con with Reiterate and is just more flexible
- Commit//Memory: I tried running this but it just never seemed good. I don't want my hand anywhere but in my hand, and if I counter something I'd rather it be gone.
- Counterflux: You can't reduce cost. More importantly you have to have both your colors and that can be a struggle sometimes.
- Dragonshift: You should only have 2-3 creatures at most for the majority of the game.
- Fall of the titans: I ran this for awhile but it ended up being a dead card in my hand 70% of the time.
- Fateful Showdown: Again, in this deck you should want every card in your hand, because a good portion of this deck is holding up mana.
- Izzet Charm: Not enough value.
- Prophetic Bolt: I recently cut Prophetic Bolt and to be honest I haven't missed it at all, just doesn't have enough value.
- Spellbook: Run Thought Vessel and/or Reliquary Tower in its place, its just not enough value to take a card slot. Pro tip, Reliquary Tower should be in EVERY EDH deck, same thing with Sol Ring
- Ral Zarek: You can't reduce cost. I get wanting a walker in the deck because value every turn for free is great BUT in this deck it's not really value because cost reduction.
- Pore Over The Pages: Ugin's Insight is just better, but I'd consider Mystic Speculation instead; still card advantage but you can play it over and over for more experience.
- Mizzium Mortars: If you are going to play a card like this, Blasphemous Act is just better.
- Devastation Tide: Cyclonic Rift is just worlds better.
- Call the Skybreaker: #NotYourWinCon
- Blatant Thievery: Great card honestly, but I think Bribery is just better and less expensive.
- Blast of Genius: Not enough value.
- Curious Homunculus: I tried running this card and honestly on turn two would you rather hold up man to counter a spell or play a guy who only produces colorless mana, not red, your other color?
- Docent of Perfection: You don't care about tokens, and you don't have enough Wizards to make it worth your while.
- Enigma Drake: I think this card slot is just better occupied elsewhere.
- Goblin Electromancer: Baral, Chief of Compliance is a better card in everyway.
- Guttersnipe: I get how useful it could be, but in my experience it's targeted right away.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: You can't reduce cost, and the value just isn't there.
- Niv-Mizzet, the firemind: You can't reduce cost.
- Talrand, sky summoner: You don't care about tokens.
Now that I'm done with cuts, and hopefully not making an ass out of myself here are some suggestions of really good cards that have lots of value!
- Pact of Negation & Force of Will I know they are expensive but... then when your opponent thinks they are safe you can still break them.
- Disallow You can reduce cost and it counters EVERYTHING!
- Mindswipe Counter and burn in one fell swoop, use it late game with a bunch of EXP and that's a good chunk of damage.
- Syncopate Permanently get rid of that dumb card you hate.
- Blue Sun's Zenith The card that just keeps on giving right? Also this card says 'Target Player' so you can mill a player out with this.
- Aetherflux Reservoir Jesus this card has saved my ass SOOOO many times, can't speak enough good about this card.
- Meekstone This is great if there's a lot of creature aggro in your meta, it crushes my play group
- Pyromancer's Goggles All aboard the value train...
- Inexorable Tide All of the EXPs!
- Leyline of Anticipation & Rhystic Study These are a MUST HAVE in ANY blue deck or deck playing blue. Your playgroup will hate you for it because 'Do you pay the one?' gets old but it's all value.
- Torrential Gearhulk Shit who cares about Snapcaster when you got this winner!
- Bonus Round & Spellseeker They just came out of battlebond but... I have high hopes for them in this deck.
3 weeks ago
Thought I would mention, I've found Reality Spasm works as good as Turnabout but takes a little more mana to kick-off, doubles chance of drawing the Infinite mana enabler, and can tutor the other half.
Also, as an alternative to Reiterate I also run Nivix Guildmage. As you can imagine, any combination of Turnabout or Reality Spasm + Reiterate or Nivix Guildmage, all work together, increased consistency of drawing into it, or being able to draw some parts and tutor the missing parts. Imperial Recruiter can Tutor Nivix Guildmage so can Muddle the Mixture out of interest, and both work on 3 other creatures (Muddle the Mixture works on any other CMC2 card as well).
Mana Geyser also can go Infinite mana if you play in 4-player pods regularly.
Also with Nivix Guildmage,
If one of the Islands is a Steam Vents you can get Infinite Mana. Built in Tutor as well thanks to Frantic Search. If you don't have High Tide an Izzet Boilerworks gives you the ability to use Frantic Search to Tutor any card, just doesn't give you Infinite Mana, unless you Tutor to your High Tide and cast of course (it's an instant!).
I would recommend Disallow it can handle lots of interactions people need to start their Infinite Combos, maybe delaying them a turn, or solving the issue all together.
Mana Crypt is a nice mana accelerator, quite pricey though, a Fabricate makes a nice Mana Crypt tutor (or possibly Net + with 2 Experience, can be used on a Sol Ring too or Thought Vessel if you need the no maximum hand size for some reason.
Jace, the Mind Sculptor? He's like another Cantrip.
I tried Metallurgic Summonings, I found Docent of Perfection Flip to be more utility, it's secondary ability is good but not great. Some people play Talrand, Sky Summoner, I wouldn't. To be honest, I know it's CMC7 so doesn't make any sense, but Sphinx-Bone Wand wins me games, if I can get any type of Reiterate going it's a win-con. If you have the Blue Sun's Zenith or something in your hand already then ok, but it's like another really bad Guttersnipe.
3 weeks ago
Fierce Empath, Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron , Experiment Kraj, Opposition, Exploration, Burgeoning, Lorescale Coatl, Doubling Season, Hardened Scales, Doubling Cube, Helix Pinnacle, Blue Sun's Zenith.
Should be enough for you to get started. I'd cut some of the rings and the lower impact eldrazi titans for a lot of these things.