Nezahal, Primal Tide
Creature — Dinosaur
Nezahal, Primal Tide can't be countered.
You have no maximum hand size.
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, draw a card.
Discard three cards: Exile Nezahal. Return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nezahal, Primal Tide Discussion
14 hours ago
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your inputs; you've given me a TON of things to think on and test! Here are some initial thoughts:
- In testing so far, there's almost always been something useful to do with Vault of Catlacan. Extra +1/+1 Counters and Servos from Animation Module for sure, but also huge Walking Ballistas, tutoring with Inventors' Fair, or block-then-bouncing Glint-Nest Crane or Whirler Virtuoso.
- Nezahal, Primal Tide is an intriguing option ... though The Locust God might be better in that kind of role. I'll have to check them out.
- Maverick Thopterist is worth looking at for sure ... not sure why I hadn't thought of him earlier!
- Yeah, I'm not sure about Metallic Mimic either. The card is pretty much terrible on its own, but it's just sooooo good with Animation Module (choosing Servo), Whirler Virtuoso (choosing Thopter), and especially Walking Ballista (since we can then tutor for it Whir of Invention after choosing Construct).
- The board definitely feels a little weird without some sweepers ... but so far, the deck hasn't really needed them (I found they often hurt me worse than my opp, plus it can just chump-block so effectively). But yeah, since we will almost certainly see more "can't be blocked", Trample, and Lifegain now, I probably need to just plan on it ...
1 day ago
Cool deck even though Energy is dead now ;). Mainboard, as you said, looks good. Is there a payoff for the Vault of Catlacan Mana or just being able to activate Animation Module a bunch? Perhaps Nezahal, Primal Tide as a payoff to bring in against control because it's big and looks fun :). I think Maverick Thopterist could be a consideration for the sideboard or even the main. Not sure about Metallic Mimic in the sideboard. You'll already he generating plenty of counters with your combo pieces unless you wanted to go really tall and wide I suppose but not sure what that buys you. I'd consider a boardwipe for any potential unblockable/big Mana trample decks that might pop up in the new standard. This deck looks great at clogging up the ground, air and sea unless the opponent is running one of the aforementioned strategies. I've always loved the modules and all the synergies, and who doesn't love a good infinite combo!? Best of luck and happy brewing!
6 days ago
Merfolk can do very well as control. Not trying to argue but I will give u a list of cards that you could run to make a good control deck. Kefnet the Mindful Tishana, Voice of Thunder Kopala, Warden of Waves Disallow Search for Azcanta Flip Nezahal, Primal Tide
6 days ago
PhotogenicParasympathetic's Team Show
Medium creature: Trapjaw Tyrant. I'm not sure if Dinosaur tribal will be a thing, but if it is, this guy will be there.
Big creature: Nezahal, Primal Tide seems like a good control finisher
Instant: Vona's Hunger, cause Edict effects are totally fair and never broken at all.
Artifact: I'm feeling Golden Guardian. Free enrage triggers, with possible upside if you kill the Guardian? Maybe. It'd probably be better if it were weaker...
Flex slot Uncommon: Swift Warden. Merfolk. A thing. Gonna be.
Flex slot Rare/Mythic: Wayward Swordtooth, cause even if Dinos aren't good, who doesn't like ramp?
6 days ago
i'm not sure why you can't see it, but its my comment. i can still see it when i go to your deck. basically it says Nezahal, Primal Tide is an absolutely terrible card and that your current deck will never have the mana to cast it.
1 week ago
Hey there, you requested feedback on the budget list so here are some suggestions.
- Bloodrite Invoker > Walking Ballista I like the invoker as a cute Necrotic Ooze outlet, but Balista adds significantly more value because it is also a Food Chain win condition.
- Urborg Elf > Arbor Elf Cheap Mana dorks are key here and if colors are a huge issue then something like Sylvan Caryatid seems better than the Elf.
- Mental Note > Thought Scour Strict upgrade if you want this effect because it allows you to mill other players after topdeck tutors.
- Shuko This is what allows you to mill out using Cephalid Illusionist, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be in the list already as the Illusionist seems useless without it. Alternatively, you could cut Illusionist entirely to add another Reanimation effect/target like Dance of the Dead or Nezahal, Primal Tide.
Obviously finding ways to upgrade the manabase and remove the ETB tapped lands will improve things but overall this looks like a good density of combos. The next step to upgrading will to fill out the tutor suite.
1 week ago
Nezahal, Primal Tide is terrible. not "impressive" at all, and its "protection" is garbage. discard 3 cards? absolutely not. you're not gonna even be able to play it at all without mana ramp. 24 lands won't cut it. if 2/5 of your deck is lands, 2/5 of your draws will be lands. so you'd need to be 17-18 cards deep into your deck before you saw those 7 lands, which means turn 10-11 if you're on the draw, or 11-12 if you're on the play. you'll be dead way before then.
1 week ago
Have you considered Nezahal, Primal Tide? Even for the sideboard at the very least maybe? I personally kind of like the card and maybe its a bit silly, but I think it has some neat synergy with Kefnet the Mindful.