|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature card in a graveyard
When Animate Dead enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, it loses "enchant creature card in a graveyard" and gains "enchant creature put onto the battlefield with Animate Dead." Return enchanted creature card to the battlefield under your control and attach Animate Dead to it. When Animate Dead leaves the battlefield, that creature's controller sacrifices it.
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||awalloftext , TheRealPeaches , TheAlmostHero , YossarianLives , Lucretian , ericalt91 , warcry02 , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , NorthernCrow , geazykagar , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , MattN7498 , philktoken8998 , ThisIsBullshit , rebelteddybear , golgarigirl , MoJoMiXuP , Spinalripper|
|Want (8)||ericalt91 , Ariumlegion , Desol4tion , Archegos , Va1mar , abby315 , TheRealPeaches , vishnarg|
Animate Dead Discussion
10 hours ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
21 hours ago
Thank you NV_1980, because you made me realize my deck is very weird on how it wants to win.
And then I realized that when I played with my deck, I never really won with it with tokens, I usually only used those for blockers. You know what did win me games though? Debt to the Deathless and Exsanguinate. So I started looking up combos for instant wins, and boy did I find a lot xD
2 days ago
Haven't gotten to play legacy since the top banning, had some questions before I update my RBx Reanimator list (current decklist at the bottom)
1. Is there a consensus on the best splash? Currently I'm on white primarily for Wear/Tear as I think it's the safest splash for an unknown metagame, but I know that people have had success with the green and blue splashes as well.
2. Is Sire of Insanity still good enough? I know it used to be a staple, but I've seen a lot of recent lists that don't have it anywhere in the 75.
3. Chancellor is always a mainboard card right? I believe it is, but I have seen a couple lists that either don't play it at all or just have it in the board. Both seem wrong, but I'd be willing to try it if it if you guys have some positive feedback about it.
4. Any glaring omissions in my list? Like I said, I haven't played it in a while, but I don't think my list is that far off, it's mostly just the sideboard that I'm actually concerned about.
4 Chancellor of the Annex
1 Tidespout Tyrant
1 Sire Of Insanity
4 Dark Ritual
2 Collective Brutality
4 Faithless Looting
1 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
3 Animate Dead
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
2 Collective Brutality
1 Blazing Archon
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
4 Stronghold Gambit
4 Wear / Tear
2 days ago
Daxos is amazing and I like this deck! So, +1 from me! Some questions though:
Rest in Peace seems a bit counter-productive considering you're also running Animate Dead, Debtors' Knell, Grave Betrayal. Not saying it's not a useful card; just that whenever it's out, these three cards become pretty useless (and the other way around too).
I find a similar contradiction in your use of Humility. This card is absolutely awesome, but not in a deck that largely depends on you being able to use your (cheap) tokens to win the day for you. Also, once it's on the field, cards like Luminarch Ascension and Sigil of the Empty Throne become a bit obsolete.
As for additions, I'd recommend Crystal Chimes (a Replenish that can be re-cast if you have Sun Titan in play), Grim Guardian (for some nice pinging action!) and Flickering Ward (to give yourself some more XP each turn). For more ideas, check out my Daxos deck freely.
Cheers and have fun!
3 days ago
You talk about animating spells, yet you're running so few and not the best ones.
I'd go with Reanimate, Animate Dead, Dread Return (better if you use Bloodline Keeper's tokens or if you add Captivating Vampire and sac the opponent's creatures you're now controling) or mass reanimation stuff like Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death/Living End (paired with Bojuka Bog and Withered Wretch is great!). Twilight's Call and Rise of the Dark Realms could also be fun.
4 days ago
Panharmonicon would be great in here.
Besides wipes I don't really see too many ways to sacrifice your guys to make your opponents' decide whether to give them back or not. Viscera Seer and the like are good.
6 days ago
Puppeteer Clique because it's stolen creatures trigger Kothophed from your own battlefield.Necromancy, Animate Dead and Reanimate for the same reasons.Strands of Night for it's own usefulness in mono black.Swap them for anything that returns things to your hand.
Also it should have a lot more Kobolds if it wants to be good.
6 days ago
This is Bean.
- Counterbalance (price for this on here is wrong, it's like $5 on tcgplayer. In fact, a lot of these prices are wrong)
- Frozen AEther
- Mana Maze
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Copy Enchantment
- Aura of Silence
- Arcane Laboratory
- Tainted Remedy
- Oblivion Ring
- Banishing Light
- Sphere of Safety
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Aegis of the Gods
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Supreme Verdict
- Rhystic Study
- Mystic Remora (Combos with Solemnity, as does any cumulative upkeep cards)
- Phyrexian Etchings
- Mind Harness
- Enlightened Tutor
- Dance of Many
- Pendrell Flux
- Vile Consumption
- Mana Web
- Praetor's Grasp
- Oppressive Rays
- Aqueous Form
- Suppression Field
- Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + Etherium Sculptor or Helm of Awakening = draw you whole deck
- Stasis Snare
- Temporal Isolation
- Spirit Mantle
- Starfield of Nyx
- Phyrexian Unlife (play this first) + Ad Nauseam = Draw your whole deck. Unlife says: you can't lose the game for having 0 or less life, and all damage to dealt to you when below 0 life is instead dealt in poison counters. Ad Naus doesn't deal damage to you, it's loss of life and so you can pay as much life as you want, draw your deck, and not gain any counters. Works fantastically with all the Propaganda/Sphere of Safety effects, if you run them. Worst case scenario, just put Solemnity out and you can't gain poison counters :D
More expensive options, or later upgrades to the deck:
- Show and Tell + Omniscience (can allow you to potentially cast any number of game ending combos, i.e. Enter the Infinite + Laboratory Maniac + draw)
- Serra's Sanctum
- Dark Depths (combos with Solemnity)
- Idyllic Tutor
- Runed Halo
- Greater Auramancy
- Bitterblossom + Contamination
- Leyline of the Void, can also combo with: Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension, infinite combo while it exiles opponents libraries since Leyline of the Void is out.
- Leyline of Sanctity