|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Mythic Rare|
|Worldwake (WWK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wrexial, the Risen Deep
Legendary Creature — Kraken
Whenever Wrexial, the Risen Deep deals combat damage to a player, you may cast target instant or sorcery card from that player's graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||bradyofportdetroit , Dr.Jackel , Lindough , FoamEagle , MrCrazzyc , mziter501 , machiavelli2081 , Ferritt , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , , gildan_bladeborn , SketchyScribbler , Forkbeard , MattN7498 , Pelli , Justinaut , Azdranax , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (2)||Psycheretic , VampSlayer|
Wrexial, the Risen Deep Discussion
1 month ago
Would you consider Wrexial, the Risen Deep as a threat? He's sort of a hidden gem for mill decks.
1 month ago
Hey there! This deck looks pretty solid already, and I don't know how much I can help - it's already in great shape. Here's a few suggestions:
- Grisly Spectacle is a little expensive for an EDH removal spell, but it accomplishes two tasks at once, which can be very valuable.
- Cyclonic Rift is one of the best EDH board wipes in existence, and belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever.
- Sire of Stagnation can get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the card draw and mill it provides.
- Counterspell also belongs in pretty much every Blue deck ever due to its extreme efficiency and versatility.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep doesn't mill by itself, but takes heavy advantage of the mill effects in your deck.
- Sepulchral Primordial for the same reason as above.
- Whispersilk Cloak can protect your commander and ensure his attacks connect.
- Whispering Madness is sneakily a mill card, forcing your opponents to draw and discard repeatedly.
- Windfall also has the same effect.
- Same with Jace's Archivist.
- Undead Alchemist also causes some serious mill stuff.
- There's basically no reason not to run Command Tower.
- Bojuka Bog turns off any graveyard shenanigans your opponents have going on.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with:
- Illusionist's Bracers doesn't do what you want it to do; Mirko Vosk's ability is a triggered ability, not an activated ability.
- I don't know how full your graveyard usually gets, so Psychic Spiral seems a little bad.
- Dimir Keyrune is too expensive for its effect.
- Same with Midnight Recovery.
- Same with Dimir Doppelganger.
- Same with Mindshrieker.
- Same with Riddlekeeper.
- Same with Dimir Cutpurse.
In any case, hope this helps!
1 month ago
Thanks for the tip, I'll do some playtesting with it! :) IS the deck called Empire of the mind? I had a deck with a bunch more creatures like Mindleech Mass, Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Wrexial, the Risen Deep but these were just too slow so added more removal instead and went with more lockdown like Iona, Shield of Emeria, I am considering Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
2 months ago
You are indeed able to activate the ability granted by Phenax multiple times a turn. Comboing it with Freed from the Real seems really strong. In addition, if you can manage to copy Tree of Perdition with cards like Cackling Counterpart and Rite of Replication, you can really go to town!
2 months ago
- Reliquary Tower
- Thought Vessela
- Phyrexian Arena
- Daring Thief
- Notion Thief
- Ashes to Ashes
- Maze of Ith or the new flip artifact in ixalan that has a Maze on the back.
- Rhystic Study
- Cyclonic Rift
- Syphon Mind
- Coastal Piracy
4 months ago
Hey there! Just have a few suggestions on some cards you might want in the deck. Whether you add the or not is up to you, but in my opinion they're some pretty good fits for your deck. As far as extra mill goes, Mind Grind, Fraying Sanity, and Sphinx's Tutelage are some good options. Paradox Engine is a fun artifact to use which can net you some extra mill. I don't know how much you will want to attack with this deck, but Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker is a solid card to mill your opponents with. I also noticed you aren't running a Dimir Signet, which is a solid mana rock for you to use. And since your opponents aren't going to do anything with the cards in their graveyards, why not steal them with cards like Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Sepulchral Primordial, Diluvian Primordial, Havengul Lich (or if budget isn't a problem Geth, Lord of the Vault) and Animate Dead? Rise of the Dark Realms is a fun way to close out games if you can play it. Hopefully this will be of help, but again, it's your choice whether to use my suggestions or not.
4 months ago
Wrexial, the Risen Deep is a fine kraken to fit your needs.
5 months ago
My reanimator deck has Sidisi, Brood Tyrant as the commander. Teneb, the Harvester is a commander that can reanimate by himself. If you wanted to run a mill/reanimate deck, you could run Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, since blue gives you access to "reanimating" spells with Spelltwine, Diluvian Primordial, Wrexial, the Risen Deep, and Memory Plunder.