|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for up to three creature cards and put them into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||bakunet , Clawsun73 , Supremespeed , killstars , LPrats , Dyobsemaj , rikertchu , MoJoMiXuP , mymanpotsandpans , Swamy , Fairseas , Thunderbeard , ZombieFood , Kvothe1115 , hippienproud , davir , Justinaut , angesoir , brokendwarf , CastleSiege , MagnaAura , Epidilius , jhTheMan99 , Azdranax , Joblaska , zachi , admizell , Mousemke , Ashy|
|Want (8)||phoere , ryuzaki32667 , chrishuffman95 , Nightdragon779 , BlueMageBrandon , Atavistic , mafmatician , primusinterpares|
Buried Alive Discussion
3 days ago
I'd run Buried Alive to get Necrotic Ooze, Channeler Initiate and Devoted Druid into your graveyard easily(which you should also run). Then cast Ooze from your grave and make infinite mana with the abilities of the other 2. From that it should be easy to win. For instant you could do hulkweaver loops, where you play Protean Hulk sacrifice it to say Viscera Seer and play it again, then sacrifice Multrotha and play her again to be able to get another creature out of the grave. This way with infinite mana and a sac outlet you can get infinite hulk death triggers which can get you want you want(Walking Ballista for the kill.) Also your Muldrotha is really expensive, so you probably want to run all 1cmc mana dorks.
Also maybe either cut Hermit Druid for a good tutor or get out all basics and add Dread Return so you can go for the Nooze win in one swoop.(put whole deck into grave, sacrifice Druid and 2 others to Dread Return, get back Necrotic Ooze. Then make a mana(usually done with Wall of Roots) to give haste via Blighted Bat and make infinite mana and kill all players). Not sure if I'd run this in muldrotha though, since it's a lot of overhead for just making hermit druid work. It'd put him into the spotlight instead of Muldrotha, which is probably not the right calls, but might be worth testing anyway.
5 days ago
5 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
6 days ago
Anyways, feel free to check out my list for ideas. Feedback, upvotes, or ideas on any of my decks is appreciated. Muldrotha's Madhouse - No Infinite
1 week ago
Ok, i'll go more into detail.
You need the 6 following cards played in this very exact order:
Next you cast Buried Alive and get Bloodghast, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion into your graveyard leaving you at floating.The reason you start with Lotus Petal is you need the Swamp to trigger Bloodghast which is the next step.
Shoot one damage with Triskelions 2nd ability at target opponent and the other 2 at it self (since its 2/2 with the +1/+1 Mikaeus Buff thus killing itself).
Since shooting the damage requires to remove the counters from it as an activation cost it has no counters left on itself at the moment the ability resolves and thats why it comes back with undying. After the first activation it comes back with both its own 3 counters plus the one from Mikaeus, so you keep repeating to shoot two damage to opponent and the remaining two at itself.
1 week ago
Have you tried any of the sagas such as The Eldest Reborn? Seems like really good incremental advantage.
1 week ago
lol I read your post on Advertise your commander too fast it seems, all I read was Primal Surge
Buried Alive also seems like a must.
Sorry for the mix up :)
2 weeks ago
As far as the creatures with multiple types, Kruphix, God of Horizons is pretty sweet with Sands of Delirium, and while free Wayfarer's Baubles every turn is pretty sweet, I still think Etherium Sculptor isn't quite doing enough. Courser of Kruphix is another one that I'm not sure about, because it only lets you play lands from the top, and therefore doesn't really synergise too much with the rest of the deck (Doesn't work with Burgeoning or Ramunap Excavator ). It might still be worth it, if I were you I would run it for a couple games and see how you like the Courser. IDK on that one.
I also realized that I was a little unclear about Alchemist's Refuge in my last comment. Obviously if you want to hold up instant speed interaction, you shouldn't tap out, but looking at your list, you don't really have much stuff to sneak in with Alchemist's Refuge except maybe Ravenous Chupacabra. Just looking over my list, I recommend Buried Alive (Can't believe I forgot about this on my first comment, this cards is nuts.) I have been enjoying Helm of the Host to get copies of Muldrotha and play many things, but that's pretty janky. The mill is actually a sweet direction I hadn't considered for muldrotha, and because mill is kinda slow, Elephant Grass should help you get through the early game . As to Llanowar Scout, keep in mind that it won't trigger Horn of Greed, because you aren't playing the land. Personally, I think that it's still pretty much a rampant growth that has summoning sickness. It does get significantly better with cards like Realms Uncharted (Which is super sweet oh my god I need to get one of these), but in that case, Sakura-Tribe Scout is the same effect that you can play on turn 1. Burgeoning is an awesome card, but with Ramunap Excavator , Exploration is WAY better. Burgeoning lends itself to a slightly stronger early game, but usually you won't be getting more than 1 or 2 lands with it. Actually, that might be worth it. If you want to spend the extra like $15 to get Exploration, it will probably be better at grinding (mind grinding, perhaps) out games.