|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Kaladesh (KLD)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
- Combustible Gearhulk ETB triggers. I respond by destroying the gearhulk. ETB resolves and I choose to have my opponent mill the top cards. Can gearhulk deal damage to me even if he is in the grave? Sa me if exiled?
- "Target opponent may" and shroud
- Does Start / Finish count as CMC 3 or 6 for Combustible Gearhulk.
Artifact Creature — Construct
When Combustible Gearhulk enters the battlefield, target opponent may have you draw three cards. If the player doesn't, put the top three cards of your library into the graveyard, then Combustible Gearhulk deals damage to that player equal to the total converted mana cost of those cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Combustible Gearhulk Discussion
3 weeks ago
@NominaeThanks for your reply. Lots of cool beaters in that bunch. I'm especially fond of Genesis Hydra in there and Combustible Gearhulk for either draw or damage. Been looking at the Hornet Queen while testing I found doing 3 dedication has been troublesome for my Tempo with this deck at times. Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar Would bring a lot of hurt in this deck as having 6 to 8 lands at turn 5 isn't strange in this deck.
As to the others they sure look great for in the deck but their bodies seem to be easily dealt with assuming I have to fight with them I generally want big bad beaters. The bigger they are the more they need to trade for getting rid of them.
3 weeks ago
Hey, if you're looking for big beaters, you can look at eldrazis with Artisan of Kozilek.. In jund, you can have Kresh the Bloodbraided, Butcher of Malakir, Corpsejack Menace works with your commander and kresh.. Prossh, Skyraider of Kher Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar Protean Hulk, Combustible Gearhulk Verdurous Gearhulk Noxious Gearhulk.. Hornet Queen can make your ennemies attack into 1/1 deathtouch which is fun There's a lot of dragons stuff such as Hellkite Overlord, Hellkite Tyrant, Bogardan Hellkite Dragonlord Atarka..
For big green stuff and ramp, you can look at my
SCORE: 1 | 37 VIEWS
Maybe some of those cards cost a lil' bit over 5$, i'm not sure on some prices, but I'll look for cards that benefits always having to attack or always be attacked from now on, and I might get back to you ! Good luck on your deck, Thantis seems really fun !
3 weeks ago
See, in my opinion this deck doesn't really want to flip Search Flip. It's a lot less mana intensive to just keep it as a surveil 1 per turn, and I must say that the effect can immensely benefit a subpar starting hand if it doesn't start off with too many lands. Still, it is meant for a slower game and I have been meaning to remove it if there is a better option (as it has shot up in price, and not really because of this deck).
Anyway, Risk Factor just isn't very good. I'm sorry to say it, but the opponent will always choose the option that is least harmful for them. If they see that drawing three cards would be good for you, they'd take the damage - and the damage isn't much above that of a Wizard's Lightning. If it's late game and you're using this for the damage, they'll let you draw. It will always be the worse of the two options for you (remember Combustible Gearhulk?).
I understand your problem with Search Flip though, and I believe that it is warranted. Despite being ranked as Red, it can easily be replaced - I'm just not sure by what. Thank you for the suggestions regardless! It is extremely helpful and I welcome any more you might have.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
I took out Dragonlord's Servant for Herald's Horn because it does the same thing and also has occasional card advantage. I like Coat of Arms over Door of Destinies because you can hold on to Coat and use it like an Overrun. Plus Door of Destinies has a ramp up time and has the cast problem like Sarkhan's Unsealing. I've been thinking about taking out Dragonspeaker Shaman for another dragon. Since I already have a 2 cost reducer with Urza's Incubator. I have a Blade of Selves in my paper deck (idk why it isnt on here I'll have to double check my list) so thats why I run Spawn of Thraxes.
The biggest challenge so far with this deck is the lack of card draw. I have Wheel of Fortune in another deck but I don't think I want that type of effect because I don't have graveyard recursion. But everytime I've used Dragon Mage, he has over performed. I'm thinking about testing Howling Mine and Font of Mythos.
1 month ago
Response to Vargavaka comment.
- Treasure Nabber: Likely to get removed if non green, little effect on green players.
- Archangel of Thune: Not going wide, most of the time I have few creatures on battlefield making the effect very weak.
- Angelic Skirmisher: Most other angel have one or more of the effects granted, making it less powerful.
- Blade of Selves: Not enough ETB effects or synergy. CMC high to equip.
- Combustible Gearhulk: More card draw, with high CMC can do massive damage with commander out. Synergizes well with commander and top card manipulation.
- Etali, Primal Storm: Cheating cards in to play. Synergizes well with high CMC deck and top card manipulation.
- Druidic Satchel: Good Ramp and Blockers. Synergizes well with top card manipulation.
- Selfless Spirit: Good protect from board wipes, and repeatable with Sun Titan.