|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Exiled||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
Whenever equipped creature dies, draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||Mousemke , acbooster , , raymaverick97 , greanbeaner , gosora , ZombieFood , cryptoplasm , brokendwarf , Spinalripper , MoJoMiXuP , rakdos24 , maR2307 , TheRealPeaches , kpral , Big-Foot , zachi|
|Want (4)||Nemesis , Dr.Jackel , Turtlelover73 , pskinn01|
16 hours ago
Damn. Bunch of cards I ordered haven't shown up in the mail yet.. hopefully the mail comes before I leave. I'll be going straight to the LGS tonight. I really want to toss in Linvala. Also the other fistful of cards for my Leov... errr, Tasigur deck. (Truthfully, that deck was originally Tasi & Leovold took over just cause he's a better commander. Stopped people from targeting my shit).
Oh ya, also got a Basilisk Collar coming. Not sure if it's gonna see play, but I am considering pulling Sword of the Animist for that, or maybe Skullclamp or Fireshrieker. My mana base has been cleaned up a bit & now the sword isn't such the necessity. Tho SoA + Em Shep is pretty dope :)
3 days ago
Skullclamp was in this deck but I just don't have a lot of creatures to burn. Demonic Tutor is pretty nice, never could justify the price though. Sun Titan is a nice card, but doesn't fit the theme at all. I took it out recently as it wasn't as helpful as I hoped.
Zulaport Cutthroat - I swear I would have used this if I knew about it. Way better than blood artist.
Thank you for the feedback!
3 days ago
Zulaport Cutthroat is honestly just better than Blood Artist, Kambal, Consul of Allocation is very good in General, Anguished Unmaking, Felidar Sovereign for you basically says: I win, Vindicate is very good, Demonic Tutor is one of the best cards ever printed if you have the money, Skullclamp is pretty good card draw, Isolated Chapel, and Sun Titan are some of the suggestions I have for ya:)
3 days ago
Actually, there are two main reasons. First is to abuse Crucible of Worlds and Sun Titan so they become Card Advantage source. This engine is really interesting for me, since Monowhite struggles so much to generate Card Advantage. Surely we have other Card Advantage sources, as Mind's Eye, Skullclamp and Sword of Fire and Ice, but I think it's worth using this engine. This way we guarantee our land drops, filter our library and increase the chance of drawing a non-land card. We can recur them and sac again every turn. Also, they are useful to shuffle our library when we look at a bad top with our Sensei's Divining Top.
3 days ago
In my experience playing Seshiro going wider always pays off and some of the old kamigawas are just outclassed by producing more tokens. A Cobra Trap for example is a gamechanger when played for its trap cost, but even an endstep 6 mana is worth the four bodies. Mainphase Seshiro, swing for 12 damage + 4 cards on an unprepared table.
Sakura-Tribe Scout has always been an underperformer. Doesn't actually do anything on its own without any lands in hand is a waste of a slot, since your sneks are also a very snowbally tribe and seshiro so expensive the earliest ramp is also the better ramp. I like Search for Tomorrow, Harrow, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Rampant Growth, and Edge of Autumn.
Since the number of cards you'll have is so inconsistent you may end up producing either too much or too little mana at times, I find Omnath, Locus of Mana a good sink that prepares me to cast the next hand and Skullclamp can be vital when losing in a big way and Seshiro becomes out of the question.
You should swap Hurricane for Arashi, the Sky Asunder who I say is a strictly better card. Nearly immune to counterspells, easily recurable, flexible, tutorable (even Time of Need), and most importantly instant speed is all worth that 1 extra green. He can even be used to oppress flying commanders or ping down steady sources when hardcast/cheated.
I haven't tested Benefactor's Draught yet but it should theoretically create scenarios where opponents will be stuck in lose-lose scenario, or even double lose with a trample source. Speaking of which having a Thunderfoot Baloth gives you the perfect combo of +4,+4, draw a card, trample to your side, which is much less situational than Bellowing Tangleworm
4 days ago
I keep hearing/reading that people think green has trouble drawing cards. Sure, it can't really compete with blue, and you can certainly argue black comes in second, but green has great card advantage options as well. In my eyes, used correctly, they can be even better than most black tools (with the exceptions of Ad Nauseam and Necropotence which are both insane). I'm not going to go into detail, but just list you some green card advantage: Sylvan Library, Glimpse of Nature, Harmonize, Fecundity, Skullmulcher, Greater Good, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Genesis Wave, Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Recycle, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, Praetor's Counsel, Seasons Past, Vizier of the Menagerie. Also, you have access to colorless cards like Mind's Eye, Memory Jar, Skullclamp, Horn of Greed and Slate of Ancestry. Obviously most of those cards require specific circumstances to work, like a high powered creature, a big number of creatures or lots of mana. Just select the ones that fit what your deck is trying to do and test to find the right number.
4 days ago
ticked-off-squirrel: Thanks for commenting!
Caged Sun - The deck is getting to the point where I don't really have a problem with mana, but I have a really bad problem with having enough cards in hand to actually spend mana on. I may end up adding one of these in the future depending on how the deck settles out, but I'm not sure which yet out of Caged Sun/Gauntlet of Power/Gauntlet of Might.
Metallic Mimic - I run this in all my other tribal decks, but I'm not sure it fits as well in here. Raid Bombardment does a lot of work in this deck, to the point that if I have both of my Anthem Goblins out I will sac one so that Raid Bombardment can still proc on the tokens. Since the tokens tend to get sacrificed or blow up, their actual power doesn't become that significant. In much the same tone Shared Animosity is only still in because it has virtually no drawback, and I can just set it down and ignore it.
Quest for the Goblin Lord - Same as above.
Goblin Caves - Now this is a card that I haven't thought about in a long time. This could really help all the Goblins soak up removal. The only drawback I can think of is I can't bounce around a Skullclamp, but if it was really important I could just sac the land the enchantment is on. Going to sideboard this because I really want to test it out.
Squee, Goblin Nabob - I like Squee a lot, but the only thing he really benefits me with in this deck is the discard that is tied to Tormenting Voice and Faithless Looting. I am considering putting Daretti, Scrap Savant back in, in which case it may be starting to be worth the include, but I can't see myself ever actually casting him, as 3 mana for something to sac is just too high. That means I would just hold Squee in my hand until a discard prompt came up.
KamenRiderVys: I actually ran Mana Echoes in the deck for a long time, and on average it would net me 100+ mana in any given phase. The problem was that I never actually had anything to spend it on, and it would just fizzle at the end of the phase. I don't have anything with flash, I have very, very few instants, and even when I was making 250 colorless mana on my own turn during my first main phase, I had like 3 cards in hand that had a total CMC of like 5. I eventually took it out a few iterations ago, and haven't really missed it. I moved it over to my Zada deck, that has a lot more opportunities to actually use it.
I really love Repercussion. I've knocked several people out on a turn where I would cast it and wait to see if it would be countered, and then if it wasn't I would immediately follow it up with a Blasphemous Act (with Boseiju if I need). Sac my own creatures in response and I take no damage but the rest of the table blows up. I used to use it as a finisher, but have started putting it down earlier and earlier because of all the damage sources that will whittle my opponents down, and I can choose whether I care about taking the damage or not. At worst it speeds up a game I would probably lose anyway, at best I win on that turn. People are already afraid to block tokens when Ib is out, now they let through 20 because they don't want to take 80. Works me me, haha.
4 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!