Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
Whenever equipped creature dies, draw two cards.
|Have (5)||, Forkbeard , pskinn01 , metalmagic , TrystonSpencer|
|Want (16)||gedeonQC , deathwish481 , Suicune , diestoremoval , narpas , Drogon5 , uncappedmarker , kalko , MinerMan1747 , catanthill , entitysix , AndrewsLuz , UnitedWeStand , Volkolar , nconiglio , io4nnis|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Skullclamp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.26%
WB (Orzhov): 1.31%
GW (Selesnya): 1.11%
UR (Izzet): 0.59%
BRG (Jund): 1.15%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3.52%
RBW (Mardu): 0.94%
12 hours ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
1 day ago
Sidisi, Undead Vizier - Sidisi is a great tutor that can also sac a creature if need be.
Gray Merchant of Asphodel - Gary is almost a must-include in any deck with enough black.
Bolas's Citadel - This lets you take advantage of the life gain in the deck and can even drain your opponents.
I love this deck and it seems super fun and casual. Hope you and your girlfriend have fun playing it!
1 day ago
Curious Obsession seems like a good replacement for Curiosity, as Ruhan has to attack each turn. It's your deck, so I don't know how it works, but I think Ancestral Vision might be slow for an aggro deck. Note that Skullclamp does not trigger if Ruhan goes to the command zone, I think(he doesn't die). Bloodforged Battle-Axe could be fun. I've seen it do work, both in paper and on YouTube.
1 day ago
Good start! You might like these cards: Morality Shift, Skullclamp, Kaya's Ghostform, Mimic Vat, Death's Presence, Gutter Grime, Splinterfright, Underrealm Lich, Sewer Nemesis, Boneyard Wurm, Nighthowler, Mortivore, Lhurgoyf, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Grim Haruspex, Moldervine Reclamation
3 days ago
To remove: Aggressive Mammoth, Byway Courier Chittering Witch, Footlight Fiend,Gluttonous Troll,Gruul Spellbreaker, Judith, the Scourge Diva,Keeper of Fables, Ogre Siegebreaker, Primordial Wurm, Rapacious Dragon, Rubblebelt Rioters, Sengir Vampire, Spark Reaper, Sphinx of the Guildpact, Spikewheel Acrobat, Vindictive Vampire, Woodland Champion, Zhur-Taa Goblin
To add: Eternal Witness,Squee, the Immortal,Zulaport Cutthroat, Vexing Shusher, Goblin Matron, Munitions Expert, Krenko, Mob Boss, Warteye Witch, Sling-Gang Lieutenant, Goblin Trashmaster, Putrid Goblin, Dockside Extortionist, Arasta of the Endless Web, Creakwood Liege,Dragonlair Spider, Viscera Seer, Ayara, First of Locthwain, Pitiless Plunderer, Poison-Tip Archer, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Deathrite Shaman
4 days ago
There are a lot of good suggestions already here. I would add Entomb.
I also think adding Chainer, Dementia Master would be helpful as reanimation redundancy. I know, I know, he's not a demon. But it's just one spell, right?
4 days ago
Looks good! You might like these: Illusionist's Bracers, Animate Dead, Death's Presence, Gutter Grime, Skullclamp, Kaya's Ghostform, Journey to Eternity Flip, Black Market, Pitiless Plunderer, Morality Shift, Phyrexian Reclamation, Mortivore, Nighthowler, Splinterfright, Gleancrawler, Sakura-Tribe Elder
5 days ago
Solid ideas bud. Will do some testing tonight and see how i like em.
I did originally have Skullclamp in, but as the deck progressed, i found it wanting. Only being good half the time and never being so great i just HAD to have it. Ill do a retest, but im not so sure about that one