Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
Whenever equipped creature dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield), draw two cards.
|Have (3)||, Forkbeard , metalmagic|
|Want (7)||Yodatheugly , ephemeralAubade , Ajecture , aburleigh94 , tjkoivunen , BurntRadish , ando7890|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Skullclamp occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
15 hours ago
Hey Foxfire_Celest, here is the probability so you know.
- Assumes you haven't already drawn an equipment or aura in opening hand or turn 2 draw
- Assumes the population of the deck is 91 (turn 1) or 90 (turn 2)
It has a Turn 1 kill line, an 8-card god hand, adding a Berserk and a Mox Opal to the above, and a random Grafted Exoskeleton rate of 6.5%. I can't see a 7-card here. Berserk is required because it would only be Power 3 + Exo 2 + Eminence 3 = 8 infect without. An alternative would also be Rancor and a Mox Opal, which puts you in a nice T2 position to eliminate another opponent potentially, Berserk would kill the cat.
1 day ago
Nice deck. Have you considered adding more basics to get more out of your commander? Lands like Mobilized District, Treetop Village, Drownyard Temple, Castle Garenbrig, Command Tower, Stomping Ground and so on doesn't synergize too well with your commander. I run a Phylath deck (you can find it here: Phylath) where im using only basics and fetches (Evolving Wilds, Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, Terramorphic Expanse and Wooded Foothills) to insure i get at least 6 tokens when i cast Phylath. In a 2 color deck its no problem running mostly basics. It also opens up for Blood Moon if your playgroup is ok with that.
Cards i highly recommend:
Conjurer's Closet - bounce Phylat on each of your end step is really nice
Skullclamp - turn all those 0/1 into card advantage
Greater Good - your plants can get really big. Get some serious card advantage when needed (nice to have in case of boardwipe)
Beastmaster Ascension - attack with 7 creatures is really easy in a Phylath deck. This will activate the turn you play it, giving all your creatures a permanent +5/+5 for only 3 mana :).
Purphoros, God of the Forge - Deal some serious damage to each opponent when you cast Phylath. Also really good with Scute Swarm
Tireless Tracker - Card advantage on landfall
2 days ago
Hey, nice first build of Teysa.
Reveillark + Karmic Guide + Teysa is a combo to exile all your opponents creatures because Teysa can sac herself and Lark/Guide are white creatures who can reanimate each other and Teysa. Lark + Guide + sac outlet is a combo to reanimate all the 2 or less power creatures in your graveyard which an aristocrat can be the win condition or Ayara or Gray Merchant of Asphodel. Buried Alive is very good at setting up Lark + Guide getting an aristocrat into your graveyard.
Hour is an important card and you're playing many other enchantments which makes Hall of Heliod's Generosity a helpful recursion effect. You're playing many utility lands which gives Expedition Map many choices thus I think it's worth adding. When your Commander is able to create 1/1 tokens it makes Skullclamp excellent repeatable draw.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Apocalypse Demon
- Epicure of Blood
- Butcher of Malakir
- Price of Fame
- Norn's Annex
- Ancient Craving
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Vampires are generally just a really well designed creature type imo, and monoblack lifelink is definitely an interesting approach! A few cards worth looking into are Exsanguinate, Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood for the infinite combo, and maybe even Skullclamp to get some more card advantage. Sorry I don't have many budget options lol
1 week ago
Optimator: Hello there! Always gotta love Vilis decks, especially as detailed as this one :D A lot of cards in Maybeboard would fit the deck really well (I just have no idea why you got some cards two or three times there), but I would try to minimalize the maybeboard as much as possible, to not look the deck so chaotic.
I run Vilis in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck.. he doesnt really fit the theme/idea of the deck so well, but Vilis is just too badass to cut out :D (anyway, any feedback/suggestions would be welcomed aswell <3 )
Some cards in deck I would cut, why, and their replacement:
1) Falkenrath Noble - might be a nice card in an aristocrat deck, there isnt really any way to generate->sac big amount of your creatures to abuse Falkenrath Noble as much as possible, also costs . If you want an aristocrat, Bastion of Remembrance could be a possible option aswell. Its cheaper, gives you a 1/1 token and has the same effect as F.Noble. Sure, can't attack or block, but Bastion is also harder to remove since its an Enchantment.
2) Leaden Myr - as you already mentioned, a possible cut for some other mana-rock.. I would switch it for Malakir Rebirth Flip as an another kind of "protection" to either Vilis or another important creature at the moment. With Vilis on board, it even draws you two cards (destroy protection, draw two cards, triggering aristocrat-like effects at instant speed for only ? YES PLEASE! ). In worse case scenario, its also additional land drop. Another possible replacement could be Blood Celebrant, which synergies well with both Vilis and K'riik.
3) Liliana's Contract - would probably fit better in some Demon tribal deck or Conspiracy deck. You also have only six Demons in your deck, all of them with fairly high mana cost. As a better card-draw, I would add either Greed, since it draws you 3 cards with Vilis on board, maybe even Skullclamp that would draw you two cards every turn with Ophiomancer, but Greed would be most likey better option, since there isnt really any other way to generate a lot of tokens every turn.
4) Crux of Fate - no Dragons in your deck, not even so many of them in black in general, so outside of politic reason, other 5CMC or less boardwipes would be better. I personally love Life's Finale, its more expensive than Crux of Fate, but enables you to look and search in target opponent's deck and put up to 3 creatures from their deck into theri graveyard, which would synergize with Chainer, Dementia Master, Geth, Lord of the Vault and some other.
5) Ruinous Path - sorcery speed removal is kinda meh, so something like Hero's Downfall is just better. I personally like Eat to Extinction, even if its more expensive, it helps with top-deck managment (+exiles targeted creature/pw).
6) Cut few swamps for:
6a) Cabal Stronghold - Stronghold is cheap, can tap itself for and can give you plenty of later on.
6b) Emergence Zone - I personally love this utility land, just because it gives you spells Flash whenever you sac it. It doesnt ETB tapped and can help you casting some stuff when you sac it.
7) Chaos Wand - might be a fun card, but doesnt really fit the deck at all. I would cut it for Bontu's Monument to make a lot of your big black stuff cheaper and another small source of life-gain.
8) Big mana-rocks: Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo - I used to run those too, but slowly started replacing them with cheaper mana rocks like Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. Hedron Archive is okay-ish since it can draw you two cards when you no longer need it, but with Vilis and especially mono-black, there can always be enough card draw.
9) Spellbook - would be fine, if you didnt manage to get your Reliquary Tower or Venser's Journal on board, but otherwise its just a dead card that does nothing to you anymore. I would rather replace it with Ivory Tower to get some life back.
10) Curtains' Call - I would replace this one for one of the following:
10a) Devour in Shadow/Vendetta - cheap removal that can potentionaly draws you X cards aswell.
10b) Dismember - depending on how big the creature is, but since you could cast it for only one and draw 4 cards aswell, its decent choice aswell.
10c) Snuff Out - free removal in 99.999% time, which can draws you 4 cards aswell, but not for black creatures, which, depending on your opponent's deck, might be important. Still most likely a better option.
10d) Tragic Slip - goes through indestructible, but requires a creature to die to be maximum effective, which might be sometimes a problem. Still, really good one.
10e) Malicious Affliction - another cheap removal, which is also locked to non-black creatures, but is able to destroy two creatures if a creature died already, so similar issue like Tragic Slip.
10f) Profane Command - I just totally love this card. Its not instant, but can be really flexible in various situations, so I would probably go for this as a replacement.
10g) Erebos's Intervention - similar to Profane Command, it flexile aswell, providing you to remove some indestructible creature and get some life; or serves as a fairly decent graveyard hate at instant speed.
I won't go through cards in maybeboard, even though there is plenty of really nice cards that would work so well in Vilis's deck, like Bolas's Citadel, Doom Whisperer, Font of Agonies and Phyrexian Reclamation and many more, it would just be a little too much, I would say... :D
I hope some of my suggestions will help, gonna upvote this for sure, just because it looks really nice, especially with so many possible cards that could easily fit so well :)
1 week ago
Hey, good work for your first Commander deck on a budget. You have several nice cards, but also many stinkers :)
There's 2x Inscription of Ruin which you can't have in Commander. Jungle Shrine has green in it's card color identity thus you can't play it because Edgar isn't green. With Edgar you want to lower the mana curve with more one/two/three drop Vamps. Edgar and Coat of Arms are the high CMC cards you want to cast, but before you cast them you want a more established army of Vamps which means the majority of the Vamps you play should be one, two or three drops. Low CMC Vamps are easier to cast thus you get faster token value from Edgar's eminence.
These one drop Vamps are fine plays in the early game while also being useful in the later parts of a game too.
- Forerunner of the Legion: Vamp tutor.
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: flying, powerful repeatable effect to put counters on all your attacking Vamps.
- Rakish Heir: another repeatable effect to put counters on your Vamps.
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose: Sanguine Bond effect on a Vamp.
- Olivia's Bloodsworn: flying and haste enabler for Vamps.
- Vampire Nighthawk: flying/deathtouch is a good combination.
- Cruel Celebrant: Zulaport Cutthroat effect on a Vamp.
Drana is the most expensive price Vamp I'm suggesting, it's worth $5. Most of these Vamps have repeatable effects or flying which is helpful evasion for attacking in Commander. More low CMC Vamps makes Skullclamp better and it's one of your best sources of repeatable value to get ahead or recover to draw more Vamps; Open the Armory can tutor for it.
Consider more budget dual lands that ETB untapped?
- Unclaimed Territory
- Exotic Orchard
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Path of Ancestry: repeatable scry.
- Nomad Outpost
- Tainted Field: Swamps should be the most lands in the manabase.
Ancestry and Outpost always ETB tapped, but that's fine since next turn they can make any color of mana you need to cast cards. On a budget this color fixing is helpful.
I offer more advice including what cards to cut. Would you like more advice? Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Thought I'd come over and check out your deck! Looks like a fun version of Odric to play.
I'd suggest prioritizing Flying and Double Strike as abilities as your creatures will hit harder and be able to get through. Fortunately White has a ton of flying and double strike creatures to choose from. You have a lot of First Strike which is an ok ability, but not as impactful as others in Commander.
I would only use equipment for Haste and card draw, two abilities White really struggles with. Lightning Greaves, Haunted Cloak, Mask of Memory, and Skullclamp are all great. The problem with using equipment for abilities that White already has is that you are actually having LESS damage on the board. A Skyhunter Skirmisher is better than Fireshrieker because it's actually a body doing some damage as well as being more mana efficient (no equip cost).
Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
If I were you, I would take out the Altar of the Brood (putting one card in the graveyard of the opponent at a time is not that useful to you and will often help them). I would also take out the Skullclamp as it doesn't synergise fully with the rest of your deck (you need to have a little more 1/1 for it to be very useful)