|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, , Sacrifice Expedition Map: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (9)||GoodnorEvil , FateDecider , PTsmitty , PimpNinja , jtfran02 , Douten , zilikken , ahp12 , rudek|
Expedition Map Discussion
3 days ago
Various stuff I forgot the first go around:
- Expedition Map is too powerful not to play, since it can fetch Sea Gate Wreckage or any number of other utility lands.
- Hedron Archive is worth it because this deck lacks card draw.
- Clock of Omens is yet another way to untap Traxos.
- Urza's Factory goes in.
- Avacyn's Collar is another vigilance granter, as is Sigiled Sword of Valeron
- Whispersilk Cloak will easily win the game so it goes in.
- Desolation Twin is the second-best "cheap" expensive card.
- Jhoira's Toolbox is mandatory because it protects Traxos so easily.
- Blinkmoth Urn is busted.
- Orazca Relic is an excellent mana rock in this deck.
6 days ago
Just wanna say that I really love the idea and concept of this deck so +1 from me! Have you considered Lightning Greaves / Thousand-Year Elixir since you do run a couple of creatures that has tapping activated abilities? If budget allows, I think that running a Crucible of Worlds package (with fetches) might be neat since you do have a couple of lands that would benefit from recursion. If you do consider it, I would recommend Haunted Fengraf (recursion theme) and Expedition Map for land tutor. I also think that Emeria Shepherd fits really well in your deck but I'm not sure if it fits the curve. Last but not least, since you're running Felidar Sovereign , maybe Approach of the Second Sun is another great alternative win con to complement the lifegain subtheme? Good job!
1 week ago
Maybe using cards like Sidisi, Undead Vizier so you can tutor cards and sac stuff you need in the grave, Scheming Symmetry , Phyrexian Delver , Bolas's Citadel , Buried Alive to tutor your wincons to the gy (like Necrotic Ooze Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion and you win in the spot), Animate Dead , Dark Petition , Carrion Feeder , Gravecrawler , Living Death / Rise of the Dark Realms (that last one is kinda expensive) I'd suggest those as black cards. Using Sol Ring is more useful than Worn Powerstone , Expedition Map to tutor any land to hand, Tormod's Crypt bc gy hate is useful, Gilded Lotus 3 mana by 5 isn't bad, Thought Vessel , Aetherflux Reservoir wincon tho. The mana base kinda concerns me by the amount of basic swamps, you could use something like Cabal Stronghold , Reliquary Tower , Terramorphic Expanse , Evolving Wilds even if it's a mono color deck, being able to shuffle and get lands out of the deck will be useful, less dead draws. Sword of the Animist is always useful if you don't have ramp.
1 week ago
Fetches would be nice for sure but unfortunately i just dont have ANY in the entire WUBRG Color pie... The manabase isnt exactly competitive (neither is my Modern environment/competition) but it appears to be playable in the repeated Naya Zoo matchups I've been playtesting; I've been losing more often than winning but I dont think its mana related and moreso my spell list...im hoping with the addition of Dawn Charm ill be able to stave off the topdecked Lightning Bolt / Lightning Helix now... However I do have a few Expedition Map s not doing anything that I can certainly put in here to help out my Gatecreeper Vine ! I'll see if that helps.... I actually saw a Primeval Titan at the LGS I got my 2x Hinterland Harbor s from and almost bought it with this deck in mind but I decided against it because I dont really think I have the space to add any means to protect him/give him haste... but maybe?... its kinda a neat idea? but it might end up costing me changing the direction/focus of the deck kinda like you were alluding too... I mainly thought He'd just speed up Maze's End and didnt even consider his synergy with Field of the Dead ... Im kinda having a love/hate for that card so far... the extra chump blockers are really nice sometimes but Whelming Wave kinda nonbos with it and sometimes I just wish it was another copy of Mazes End... Im gonna keep tinkering/playtesting with this list to make it better; thanks again!
1 week ago
- I agree white really helps. You get better fogs. However you'd really have to spend money on mana fixing. 3 color decks need to be able to cast their spells on time, especially in this deck. Still with green mana and white fogs would kill you. That ties up your mana as well as need the blue for your win condition. It means you need shocks for sure of both colors (don't have more than 3 total, 4 is pushing it) and it'd really help to have fetches.
- The biggest issue with gates is they enter tapped which makes your deck significantly slower, and aggro decks like to go fast. Field of the dead is an amazing card if you are running cards like Primeval Titan . Titan Shift is an amazing deck but not a fog deck. It also taps for colorless which doesn't help with your mana fixing. It does best in decks where lands matter. Which isn't your deck.
- If you are going to play mazes end you might want Sylvan Scrying or Expedition Map to find it easier. Id only have 2 of what ever card you choose.
1 week ago
They provide around 20 extra mana over the course of the game and can steal a lost game with torment of hailfire.
1 week ago
Hey, I like the idea of your deck, but I think you're going to have difficult time casting a lot of cards here and there's not enough repeatable control to stay alive long enough to cast Teysa. I don't think Voltron or Aristocrats are directions you want to go because there's better Commanders for those strategies. Consider more control and more opponent disruption?
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Sol Ring
- Smothering Tithe
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Mind Stone
- Ghostly Prison
- Windborn Muse
- Blind Obedience
- Rule of Law and Eidolon of Rhetoric : this helps to slow down the game and you don't have a reason to want to cast more than one spell on your turn. Each turn means you can leave up instant removal and cast it on your opponents turns.
- Aven Mindcensor : disrupt your opponents tutors including Fetch lands.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Day of Judgment
- Cleansing Nova
- Luminarch Ascension : triggers at each opponents end step, it can be activated fast.
- Expedition Map : tutor for Coffers or Urborg.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of Silence
- Gift of Orzhova
- Death Grasp
- Brain Maggot
- Hymn to Tourach
- Victim of Night
- Curse of the Cabal
- Assault Suit
- Trepanation Blade
- Argentum Armor
- Obzedat, Ghost Council
- Heartless Summoning
Other than Lashwrithe the other equipment is not doing much because you don't have enough creatures to support it and equipping to Teysa is unrealistic. Unless playing 1v1 Commander then other than Duress lots of other single card one opponent discard isn't impactful enough. Heartless Summoning seems like neat tech to ramp into Teysa or other big creatures, but it completely negates Teysa's 1/1 Spirits and both your Planeswalkers who make 1/1 tokens. For these reasons I would cut it because I think both Planeswalkers repeatable tokens and abilities are better then what Heartless provides.
I think you can take real advantage of Hushbringer because not playing a lot of creatures who have ETB abilities or graveyard interactions with die triggers. You're killing your opponents creatures, opponent die triggers could really hurt you. Hushbringer is powerful disruption in multiplayer Commander. I offer more advice if you would like. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Personally I don't think you need Expedition Map or Idol of Oblivion . In this deck map is basically a 3 drop mana rock, which you've been trying to cut back on, and as for the idol: you're in blue there are plenty of better card draw options. Options such as Blue Sun's Zenith , Rhystic Study , or even Consecrated Sphinx , and as for the token creating abilities of the idol, I feel like there are much better uses for 8 mana than a 10/10 beater with no abilities.
Expedition Map occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.17%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%