Creature — Bird Horror
Whenever Thrummingbird deals combat damage to a player, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
|Want (3)||mgalloro , Rabu , Oliviridian|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thrummingbird occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
2 weeks ago
You might also like these: Fierce Empath , Woodland Bellower , Eerie Interlude , Ghostway , Grateful Apparition , Thrummingbird , Skyship Plunderer , Guildpact Informant , Evolution Sage , Sword of Truth and Justice , Soulherder , Deadeye Navigator , Rite of Replication , Cauldron of Souls
4 weeks ago
Love this deck, I made a version of it based on the list.
I have found Gleam of Authority underwhelming unless you have managed to get your Cloudfin Raptor up using Thrummingbird . Because most of the enchantments are cheap, if you don't know you have Celestial Ancient coming up it's hard to justify keeping stuff like Ordeal of Thassa and Favorable Winds in the hand to activate the triggered effect of Ancient later on. However usually if you get get some proliferation from Thrummingbird + Collective Effort , you have a viable bird army by T3 or T4.
In the 1-drop slot I swapped Faerie Seer for Healer's Hawk . I have been thinking of adding Sky Tether as basically a 1 mana Pacifism for removal. Blessed Spirits also rounds out the curve nicely and fits right in with the theme. I happened to have a Starfield Mystic which also dovetails nicely. I found Gird for Battle as a nice mana sink on T3 or T4 to get the proliferation / boosts for High Sentinels of Arashin if you have any "naked" creatures. To boost card draw, one could also add Winged Words and/or Curiosity / Curious Obsession which would get more enchantments in the hand. Invocation of Saint Traft is also a great combo with Cloudfin Raptor . Finally, Eidolon of Countless Battles can be a nice T4 bomb, boosting up one of your smaller flyers.
I know a lot of those changes make it a little less budget, but we're still talking like <$15 here.
2 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
2 months ago
The newest debate that I am considering for my Atraxa EDH deck is whether or not I should replace Guildpact Informant with Merfolk Skydiver . The skydiver has a lower converted mana cost and can also immediately make itself or another creature more powerful, but its proliferate ability requires a significant investment of mana, which is the main focus of my deliberation.
On one hand, the informant’s ability requires no mana, but triggers only during combat, whereas, on the other hand, the skydiver’s ability can be used at any time, but requires mana to use. Also, each of those creatures has redundancy with other cards in my deck; the informant has redundancy with Thrummingbird , Grateful Apparition , Sword of Truth and Justice , Kalonian Hydra , and Archangel of Thune in that each of those cards has a triggered ability that places counters on creatures. If I were to put the skydiver in the deck, it would have redundancy with Viral Drake , Contagion Clasp , Contagion Engine , Karn's Bastion , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , and Gavony Township in that each of those cards has an activated ability that places counters on creatures.
Actually, I could alternatively replace Abzan Falconer with Merfolk Skydiver , because, as nice as the falconer is, it does not really contribute to the overall theme of the deck and having another source of proliferation is better than giving all of my creatures flying, especially since a large number of creatures in this deck already have flying, and I have two other cards in this deck that can grant all of my creatures flying. What does everyone say about that?
2 months ago
DragonSliver09, I posted a link to the deck in the opening post of this thread.
bushido_man96, I actually have not used the deck sufficiently frequently to be able to provide detailed information about how it usually functions, but I shall say that I usually do very well with it; I do not win every game with it, but I rarely am in last place in any games with more than two players.
Also, I have multiple redundant cards in that deck: as I already mentioned, Thrummingbird , Grateful Apparition , and Guildpact Informant are redundant, but that group also includes Archangel of Thune and Sword of Truth and Justice in that they all have triggered abilities that put counters on my creatures. Viral Drake has redundancy with Contagion Clasp , Contagion Engine , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , and Gavony Township in that all of those cards have activated abilities that place counters on my creatures, so replacing, for example, Guildpact Informant with Merfolk Skydiver would be reducing the number of redundant cards in one group and increasing the number of redundant cards in the other group, which could probably be a thread of its own.
2 months ago
DragonSliver09, yes, I would like to have both, but there is no card that I can remove to make room for Merfolk Skydiver (actually, do I really need the triple redundancy of Thrummingbird , Grateful Apparition , and Guildpact Informant ?).
bushido_man96, you clearly have been following my posts, to know how I think regarding these matters.
2 months ago
Viral Drake is better because of flying and infect. Drake is also easier to activate with colorless mana combos; needing only colorless and one blue. If not playing mana combos and only using these cards for proliferate then there's better mana efficient options such as Evolution Sage , Flux Channeler , Thrummingbird and Grateful Apparition .
3 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions lagotripha. Judge's Familiar is a great budget card; you could easily run that instead of Healer's Hawk . Thrummingbird is a good card too but I think I prefer Squadron Hawk here for going wide.