Creature — Bird Horror
Whenever Thrummingbird deals combat damage to a player, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
|Want (2)||jellylamp , mmiless|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thrummingbird occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
Yeah, definitely agree with Hardened Scales. That will go on the acquire board for the next card order I do.
Can't believe I did not think about Proliferate. That may change a couple creatures that I have in there. Probably look into subbing in some combination of Evolution Sage, Flux Channeler, Pollenbright Druid, Thrummingbird, and Roalesk, Apex Hybrid.
2 months ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hi! I'm also currently building a deck like this and may have a couple of suggestions for you! First, Thrummingbird seems like a strict upgrade from Guildpact Informant, so i would suggest swapping those out. Young Wolf and Cloudfin Raptor are both very strong early game plays that allow further proliferate tactis more easiliy due to their resilience. Also, I'm not sure myself yet if this card is as strong as it looks, but i find Cave of Temptation a great card to play around with that can give you a little push in the late game without sacrificing too much in the way of mana fixing/ speed. Last advice i would give you is, unless you have a special reason for them, the tron lands seem clunky and don't function particularlly well when run in singles.
Hope this helped a little? And check out my brew for some more inspiration if you'd like!