Exile target card that's an instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard. For each card exiled this way, copy it, and you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Exile Mizzix's Mastery.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Hootiequack , frederiklw , thetechzombie , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , burnedbread , , sepheroth119 , Esquire_ , Faceless_Being , KillDatBUG , mziter501 , Forkbeard , Boza|
|Want (4)||Pocketmouse , samuelianstorm , Suns_Champion , The_Munchkin|
Mizzix's Mastery Discussion
3 days ago
SirSh4ggy thanks for all of those suggestions. As you mentioned its not a pure focused storm deck, but a combo-storm. The main plan is a combo: Jeskai Ascendancy, cast Kraum, Ludevic's Opus and make it letal or Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa, attack, and post-blokers make it /; or again Natural Affinity / (preferably)Sylvan Awakening and make them big enough (there I dont necessarily need jeskay), after and/or otherwise, I'll star the storm part with Grapeshot and eventually support with Mizzix's Mastery. I'll keep Aetherflux Reservoir and Mind's Desire in check especially reservoir, I play in 1vs1 but in a very competitive and aggressive meta. Rude Awakening was replaced by Sylvan Awakening, is already too high to pay.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
1 week ago
1 week ago
Yes, you have to pay cost increases when casting a spell without paying its mana cost as Mizzix's Mastery has you do. Since you are casting each spell you would also count them toward the cost increases for subsequent ones. So if you hadn't cast and spells yet and decided to overload Mizzix's Mastery with 5 eligible cards in you graveyard and you wanted to play all of them you would have to pay an additional 15 mana.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Taigam, Ojutai Master was added more for his first ability to make all your instant and sorceries un-counter-able. The rebound is nice, but it may not be worth risking Taigam, Ojutai Master. Plus having the spells in the graveyard for Runechanter's Pike and Mizzix's Mastery may actually be better move.
Primal Amulet is just straight value in this deck. It is very easy flip.
Teferi's Protection is great because it protects you and your board including your tokens.
Am I missing anything else in this deck?
1 month ago
If you get them all into your graveyard, you can cast them all with Mizzix's Mastery.