|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.
1 week ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
2 weeks ago
DivineKhaos Cards I would consider swapping out for Force, Crypt, Diamond and Remora would be Prophetic Bolt , Dissipation Field , Insurrection , and Blatant Thievery . Bolt is a bit clunky, Dissipation Field isn't super useful, Insurrection is super situational, and Blatant Thievery doesn't help you reach the decks win con.
I think it got accidentally removed in this list, but I do run Lightning Greaves in this deck. Additionally, this deck runs a swath of counterspells, even more in the cEDH version, and those are usually enough to protect Mizzix.
Narset, Parter of Veils wouldn't be a bad addition, but I can't think of anything I would cut for her. Every non-instant or sorcery in this deck needs a really good and synergistic reason for being in, and while Narset can slow down opponents and filter some cards, I'm not sure I'd put her in. But she's worth a test
3 weeks ago
Hey! I built a budget Black Rose deck and, you're right, it is hard to win! The throne mechanic can be really restrictive. I think it's important to remember Marchesa wants to be aggro. Flayer of the Hatebound is the closest you can get to combo (with Marchesa, burning people for 9 at each end step). So make an enemy... try to kill someone ASAP. Dethrone other players only if you have a way to nuke your life, on-demand +1/+1 counters, or board that can 1-2-shot someone.
You need more creatures. At least 28.
If you want to win consistently, I'd play more stax pieces like Sadistic Hypnotist , Oona's Blackguard , Noxious Toad , etc. Maybe even Specter tribal with the likes of Sedraxis Specter . You really want to slow your opponents down and secure your board; like how Boros aggro needs Armageddon .
Purphoros, God of the Forge wins games.
I would consider cutting...
Altar of Dementia ... any other engine on a stick is better.
I might add...
Plaguecrafter ... all-star.
Shifting Shadow ... great engine in Marchesa.
Breath of Fury ... extra combats will win.
Puppeteer Clique ... fun theft.
Grave Titan ... you might just need some pricey 1-card houses.
Curse of Stalked Prey ... ignore the Throne.
Sidisi, Undead Vizier ... tutor.
Fleshwrither ... maybe?
Whip of Erebos ... to combo with "Pay life:" ...or some other life gain.
4 weeks ago
Well, THCue, it depends.
Most of the time, you'd want to go for the mill kill, but there can be some situations in which it's more advantageous to cast a In Garruk's Wake / Insurrection / Fact or Fiction / Disrupt Decorum from someone else's yard than to mill for 8. It's good to note also how most of the X/X creatures I run count creatures in your opponent's graveyards, so Wrexial wouldn't affect that either.
Wrexial is very versatile, as it potentially gives you access to many more options, since you may as well mill on purpose one of your opponents beforehand to later steal a particular spell from their graveyard.
2 months ago
Nice Deck, it's a shame that silver-bordered cards can't be played in Commander, because there are some competitive and fun options.
I'm not a big fan of cEDH, and one of the only ways you can play this deck is in your playgrup, not for increase you win percentage, and probably you will need to win "normally".
I think that you can do it. How? With the help of Angel's Grace , Platinum Angel and Gideon of the Trials , because that cards don't let you opponent to win, and if you can activate the Twilight Sparkle ability, you will be the only player that wins.
Also, will be fun to build a Twilight Sparkle deck with Group Hug strategy, because you help the others players, and you make the game longer, but then suddently you do something to win (like Insurrection ).
I hope that this helped you,
2 months ago
2 months ago
Stomping Ground , Beast Whisperer , Essence Warden , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Mina and Denn, Wildborn , Banefire , Finale of Devastation , Rolling Thunder , Animist's Awakening , Savage Twister ?, Volcanic Geyser , Crater's Claws , Molten Disaster , Blaze , Burn from Within , Collective Voyage , Devil's Play , Zhur-Taa Druid , Fire-Lit Thicket , Ring of Three Wishes , Diviner's Wand , Planar Portal , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , Garruk, Caller of Beasts , Insurrection
2 months ago
Quick thing about Temple Bell : In playtesting I love how it works with Smothering Tithe and by extension Revel in Riches . Also, as it's cheap in many ways, it helps with gunning toward my second casting of Approach of the Second Sun , not that any card draw wouldn't do the same. While it is about card draw, it's, as you mentioned, a political thing.
I know the deck is very light of artifact and enchantment removal. The focus on creature removal is part flavor, part Mathas, Fiend Seeker synergy. Removing Vindicate for cost purposes was probably not a great call, but I'm not worried yet. I really like Cleansing Nova though, for its price, cost and versatility. Crush Contraband has a good flavor for an inquisition as well. I'll eyeball the removal pile and see what swaps should be made.
Insurrection occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%