|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
4 days ago
I'm actually kind of happy you are mentioning a mob rule cut... it was literally card #100 in the list and I wasn't sure that I was happy with it either. I mean it's big brother Insurrection is an idea, but 8 mana is a huge chunk, and the decks gameplan is to keep boards at a low size anyways. I'll make the two changes here, I really like Thalakos Deceiver because of it's ability to steal creatures from any player regardless of who you are attacking. Riptide might be a little hard to cast on curve with it's double blue and I might look around for something in it's stead, but it's a heavy consideration none the less. I do however like that it's a morph, that puts morph #3 in the deck and would let me actually use morph tactically since my opponents couldn't really reliably assume what morph I put down and they function 3 very different roles between them. (Grim Haruspex & Voidmage prodigy being the other two) ... there's a good chance I might not find anything that fits better and it goes in the list anyways.
I greatly appreciate the look through and suggests, thanks a bunch :)
1 week ago
You can most likely cut out:
2 weeks ago
I'd put a couple of sac outlets and borrow effects in. Things like Molten Primordial, Mass Mutiny, Insurrection, Goblin Bombardment, Phyrexian Altar, Krark-Clan Ironworks, Trading Post and Grinding Station. Maybe a few things like Disrupt Decorum as well, that way you win with your opponents creatures and don't have to worry about diluting the chaos/group hug effects too much
2 weeks ago
Predator Dragon is fun if your opponents think you can't cast your boss or that he can be chump blocked.
You NEED a Mage Slayer
3 weeks ago
Wow, Expropriate is wild! That'd go nicely in my Lazav, Dimir Mastermind deck. Definitely expensive though. I might prefer Insurrection in your deck, for the fact it needs creativity to permanently steal their creatures (I like that challenge) - but they are both nuts in there. I see what you mean about Razaketh, the Foulblooded, and the lag to play one of those other two after you search for them...
...If that's the win-con package, maybe some passive ramping could help? A couple examples of what I mean would be Pitiless Plunderer and Black Market. I run both those in my Ghave, Guru of Spores to great effect. A Ruthless Knave, rather than the plunderer, offers a sac engine while creating two treasure tokens. Not efficient enough for this deck I think, but more for inspiration :). He offers a mana sink if you find yourself with extra mana in the first 5-6 turns and helps you position yourself for 1 big turn.
Maybe, after playing this version a bit, swapping your high cmc for Grave Betrayal and some one sided board wipes like Plague Wind could be an interesting take to try out?
I put an Unspeakable Symbol in mine as well. Seems like it was made for her, taking your life below your opponents while putting on the counters. I dream of having it out in this "Steal Yo Gurl!" style, with a Champion of Stray Souls on the battlefield. If the sequencing and mana could work... Value town.
In regards to the version I'm working on: We have a lower level player in our playgroup who doesn't quite have the cards or the know-how for stronger deck building. I wanted to make something less powerful than Kresh and Ghave, for playing him while still enjoying myself. Madness is a really fun mechanic I'm building around with a lot of trigger opportunities through the draw, discard to cast, and different recursion. Such great value, just not the power. Madness fits naturally with the Innistrad vampires that get +1/+1 counters for dealing damage. Great synergy with Marchesa and it's letting me play interesting cards, including some sweet old commons, that I probably wouldn't play otherwise (ex: Bog Witch). Cards like Archfiend of Ifnir and Squee, Goblin Nabob become elite. I'll let you know when a version is online.
4 weeks ago
goldlion, thanks for the compliment! Kresh the Bloodbraided has been on my to-do list for a long time now, he always seemed like he'd be fun to pilot. Let me know how your Marchesa, the Black Rose deck turns out, I'm always interested in seeing other folks' builds.
I've been on the fence about Grave Betrayal for a while now. The effect is absolutely stellar, and it certainly would fit the theme of the deck. But the steep cost of 7 CMC has me wondering if it would be worth the mana. The only cards in the deck that are above 6 CMC are Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Expropriate, and Insurrection. I'm not even too sure about Razaketh, the Foulblooded's inclusion, since it still takes me another turn to play the Expropriate or Insurrection that I'd find from his ability. If I end up cutting Razaketh, the Foulblooded, I'll most likely put Grave Betrayal in there, since it is such a rockin' card. I just like Razaketh, the Foulblooded because he's a sac outlet and a life drain, so I can use him to ensure Marchesa, the Black Rose's Dethrone ability triggers.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely have to put some thought into swapping something out for Grave Betrayal.
PS: Reef Worm has been an absolute all-star in this deck. I would fully encourage its inclusion in just about any Marchesa, the Black Rose deck. Once I have a consistent way of putting +1/+1 counters on it, it gets outta control pretty quickly.
Thanks again for the thoughts and suggestion!
1 month ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).