|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , ChainerDragon65 , TheAlmostHero , PhotogenicParasympathetic , themindbullet , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Forkbeard , mziter501 , Slowgod , sonnet666 , Metaphisyk , Bluboltar , KillDatBUG|
|Want (10)||samuelianstorm , Nemesis , georgehades , Ize19 , Myllyes314 , pskinn01 , gosora , Daeyel , SirFowler , Cunningcrow|
2 days ago
Thursday night report, so much mana!
Tonight, finally added Crypt Ghast (replaced Ivory Tower) as I also put in Cabal Stronghold. Wow, amazing! I mean, no duh, right? I had Crypt Ghast most of the game and untapped a turn or two with those newly acquired cards plus Caged Sun and Cabal Coffers. Mike was borrowing my Kynaios and Tyro of Meletis deck and had the Insurrection but that was effectively countered by my Sudden Spoiling. I untapped and attacked, eliminating Arvad the Cursed because Angela's top deck was revealed by Brendon's Daxos of Meletis techy Lantern of Insight to be Urza's Ruinous Blast. After a Corpse Harvester sacrifice, Sheoldred, Whispering One reanimated Gray Merchant of Asphodel for the win. I was drowning in mana for enough turns to have over 20 devotion.
Of course, the previous game was more ignominious as I used Sidisi, Undead Vizier to get Bojuka Bog for Tori's Alesha, Who Smiles at Death deck rather than Cabal Coffers to further my own agenda. She was at a low enough life total I need not have done that. Kothophed, Soul Hoarder was then my final undoing as Tana, the Bloodsower had four swords equipped and enough tokens with a sac outlet to finish me off.
1 week ago
Word of Seizing: It's good, but I prefer repeatable effects. Act of Aggression is close to meriting inclusion, but I did just kick Mark of Mutiny for the same reason of it not being repeatable. I DO like how it turns on Dethrone, however.
1 month ago
+1 on the above Deathrender suggestion. Have you considered Phyrexian Processor and the new Evra, Halcyon Witness? Act of Aggression is on theme and you can pay life for some of its mana, which you will likely have in spades. Eldrazi Displacer would be good to combo with the ETB temporary stealers, as well as blinking to save Brion or other creatures from targeting affects, or even reset Brion for another fling if he has haste. Felidar Sovereign, Insurrection, and Storm Herd could make for some win conditions, and Rhox Faithmender could help get you there. I really like Divine Reckoning in a deck like this, because your opponents will probably keep their juiciest creatures around, and they'll likely be ripe for the ol' nick-and-flick. Lastly, Celestial Mantle, while unwieldy, could make for some fantastic and splashy plays.
1 month ago
I would run enchantment hate Tranquil Grove, Calming Verse, Cleansing Meditation, Bane of Progress and edict effects Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact, Butcher of Malakir, I would run Insurrection effects like Mob Rule. Grave yard hate. Like Rest in Peace, God there's so many. Steal effects like Blatant Thievery, Control Magic, I would run effects that take his CMDR out the game entirely like Song of the Dryads, Imprisoned in the Moon, Lignify, Darksteel Mutation, even Prison Term. Now this one works great because if she has hexproof you could put this out on a creature before she's out and when she comes out it slides over to her getting around hexproof. And she never attacks.
1 month ago
Thanks for the feedback!
@ButterMyBiscuit: I did not wrap my head around it, but to make it more affordable you could cut the eldrazi lords and add some kraken or leviathans or whatever you like. And the fetchlands could maybe be cut for a manabase that is more forest-centered with some additional land-fetching sorceries and signets. Wiggyman's list looks promising, too.
@Wiggyman: thanks for all the suggestions!
Bringer of the Black Dawn, Blightsteel Colossus, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Progenitus, Expropriate, Insurrection, Eldrazi Conscription and It That Betrays are nice options. My focus was to include creatures with cast-triggers or with abilites that are conditional on the creature being cast like Hypnox, but I'll try to find slots for some of the cards you mentioned.
Maelstrom Wanderer was not included because in this deck it doesn't hit most of the powerhouses which have higher cmc than 7.
Omniscience is great, but I did not include it for now because it would undermine Jodah's role in the deck. Ultimately I'll have to add it, though.
1 month ago
Also, Omniscience just works really well in this type of build. I would definitely put it in.
These are some of the giant dudes I run to cheat in:
Bringer of the Black Dawn. Blightsteel Colossus (or I would run if I could afford). Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Progenitus. It That Betrays. Maelstrom Wanderer. Boundless Realms is better than Brass's Bounty. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. Expropriate. Time Stretch goes well with Reverberate. Insurrection. Rite of Replication. You can kill people with commander damage if you include Eldrazi Conscription.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Individual Card Comments:
- Wayfarer's Bauble - Too Slow. Each time you recur it, it still costs 2.
- Contagion Engine How many cards can be affected by proliferate? If low, I'm not sure it is worth it.
- Spine of Ish Sah - Technically it goes to the yard, then the return to hand trigger goes on the stack. Find a way to bring it back to the battlefield before the bounce trigger resolves. Sculpting Steel copying Spine will cause Steel to come back to hand when sacrificed. Very useful.
- Impact Resonance - Really specific damage. I think it removes things after you need them to be removed.
- Unstable Obelisk - Even if you bring it back, it still costs 7 mana to remove something.
- Word of Seizing - Mindslaver is a good card because it is recurrable in your deck. This isn't. There are other gain control cards that are more useful. This and mindslaver both require you to play someone else's deck, which is a gamble whether it is worth it.
- Conjurer's Closet - How many ETB creatures do you have? Is this worth it?
- Alhammarret's Archive, Reliquary Tower, and Thought Vessel - I don't think you have enough draw to really abuse any of these. For the Archive, do you have any lifegain sources?
- Darksteel Colossus - This will never hit the graveyard, so you will always be hard casting it. Not sure if that works with your gameplan. The shuffle effect is a replacement effect, not a trigger so it doesn't use the stack.
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon - Meh, only works well with high CMC artifacts, and most of the time you'll be killing your own stuff.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster - What are you going to tutor for this that will win you the game?
- Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient - Good card, but copying what activated ability will win you the game?
- Scrap Mastery - This card is gold, and is a definite win condition in your deck. Make sure you have a way to preemptively sacrifice all of your creatures/discard your hand/mill yourself for most of your deck before resolving this.
- Unwinding Clock - Good card in this deck, but how many artifacts with tap abilities can you exploit using it?
- Karn, Silver Golem - I would only keep this for any combos associated with it. In a vacuum, he's just a good blocker.
- Skyshaper - Is create for the alpha strike single shot, I've got several big ass creatures or a shitload of tiny ones, but other than to give Blightsteel Colossus evasion, is this card super impactful?
- Phyrexia's Core, and Throne of Geth - I wouldn't consider either of these sacrifice outlets, because they are single use per rotation, and the Core costs mana. If you want sacrifice outlets I'd shoot for Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and things that say "Sacrifice a creature:."
- Dormant Volcano - From seeing it in use, seems like you only want to see it really early on.
- Carnage Altar - I know you're in red and draw is at a premium, but 3 mana for a card is not the best.
- Too much Ramp
- Not enough Draw and Removal
- Does the deck work without Daretti? If no, find a way to protect him, or other artifact recursion sources.
- You WinCon category doesn't really have many cards that win you the game, just really impactful cards. Look for combos, or Insurrection like cards, or the dreaded MLD type effects. Basically cards that, if it resolves, win you the game.
- You have a lot of categories with one or two cards in it. I'd clean those up into more general things to get a more clear idea for what you're trying to do.
- You should probably be running more utility lands.
- Think about adding some sacrifice outlets. If this is a recursion/reanimation deck, you need to be able to kill shit when you want to.
- Red is really good at making temporary tokens, specifically artifact tokens, of things. Might be worth looking into.
- I try not to include lands in categories because they aren't abusable enough to be consistent. It gives you false category numbers. If you have 10 draw cards, but 3 are lands, you really don't have enough draw. But that's just my opinion.
- I'd try to find more "to the battlefield" recursion cards, instead of to your hand. Recasting those cards every turn causes mana problems. The "to hand" effects are still good though, just slower.
- Isochron Scepter would be good with some of the spells you have like Scrap Mastery, and Trash for Treasure.
- Tuktuk the Explorer and Feldon of the Third Path go well together, but the fact that the artifact is legendary sucks.
- Turning nonartifact cards into artifacts using effects like Liquimetal Coating is an interesting direction to look into, and there are a few cards that do similar things. Probably several useful combos to do with that. Especially if you ever get the Daretti emblem.
- Do you ever plan on getting a Daretti Emblem? Obviously you would like it, but to you, is it worth dedicating some card slots into cheating out loyalty counters to get him to 10? The problem is that he will very rarely get to 10 through use of his +2 alone. And even with Contagion Engine, people will attack him before he's at 8. Just something to think about. If you get the emblem, you've very likely won the game, so that can definitely be a win condition to pursue.
- "Control" is too ambiguous. Chaos Warp, and Steel Hellkite are removal, and Liquimetal Coating is protection(?).
- Red's draw is usually the looting (draw a card, then discard a card) and pillaging (discard a card, then draw a card) effects. These also aren't great, but using artifact recursion, cards like Mind Stone become very good draw effects if you can recur them every turn/rotation. Other abusable draws are Tamiyo's Journal, and Seer's Sundial. It might suck to give other people cards, but Howling Mine may also be worth it.
- It seems counter-intuitive, but Vandalblast might be useful, especially with Scrap Mastery.
- Are there more cards that let you cheat out artifacts from your hand like Copper Gnomes, if so that sounds like an interesting direction as well. Sneak Attack comes to mind, but
- Pentavus + Blade of the Bloodchief + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite mana.
- Nim Deathmantle + Myr Battlesphere/Pentavus + Ashnod's Altar = Infinite tokens
- Combos dont have to be infinite. If you can find a way to kill and recur Scuttling Doom Engine every turn/rotation, Id consider that a combo. Anything that puts a decent clock on everyone to answer your shit is a combo to me.