|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Scrapheap Scrounger can't block.
, Exile another creature card from your graveyard: Return Scrapheap Scrounger from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||EdenGardenz , Nemesis , , ZombieFood , Hootiequack , acbooster , KillDatBUG , jparker-sartori21 , Sparky41 , unnaturalelementals , Lindough , zachi , Dawnsly , RedMulligan , ecurps , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , meowCat1234 , KB2187 , jrschnoebelen , mentor6 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , GeminiSpartanX , firemind12 , philktoken8998 , VoidCaster113 , brokendwarf , thetechzombie , jhTheMan99 , YossarianLives , Big-Foot , gildan_bladeborn , 2austin5|
|Want (2)||TheRealPeaches , Myris|
Scrapheap Scrounger Discussion
19 hours ago
Im looking for some extra cash right now and as such, this list of things of sale! I want to come to you all with the individual cards first as this is the site Ive traded through most and I have done business with many of you in the past.
With that said, payment will be by Paypal gift or add 4%. Items will not ship until payment has been received. All items will be shipped in a bubble mailer with tracking. Orders under 25 dollars add 2.67 for shipping, over 25 it is included. This shipping applies to the USA, for Canada I will ask that half of shipping is paid due to the increased costs of shipping out of country. I think that covers most things so here is the list! (Bear with me on the length of it :) ) Also! Prices are per single card, so if you want two of a card, double the price shown
1x Engineered Explosives (Masterpiece) 67.30
2x Monastery Mentor (7.66)
1x Wasteland (Expedition) 80
4x Deathrite Shaman (RTR) (4x foil) 31
4x Polluted Delta (KTK) 14.50
1x Polluted Delta FOIL 43
4x Flooded Strand (KTK) 11.90
1x Flooded Strand FOIL 34.60
1x Relentless Dead Russian 13
1x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (1sp) 16
1x Verdurous Gearhulk 6.25
2x Blightsteel Colossus 2x Japanese 24
1x Hazoret the Fervent (Pre release FOIL date stamped) 13.55
3x Simian Spirit Guide 5.87
1x Tropical Island NM/NM- (Rev) 182.50
2x Tireless Tracker 2xRussian 6.14
1x Traverse the Ulvenwald Russian 4.16
1x Scrapheap Scrounger FOIL 3
3x Amulet of Vigor (3x SP+) 7.5
1x Amulet of Vigor Japanese (sp) 7.5
4x Darkslick Shores (2xsp) 9.25/ 9
4x Atarka's Command 5.59
4x Ancient Stirrings 3.65
2x Blooming Marsh 5.30
3x Expedition Map (2x Zen, 1x MM) 2.25
3x Kolaghan's Command 11.33
1x Leyline of Sanctity (MM) 17
1x Esper Charm FOIL 8.9
1x Pithing Needle (Masterpiece) 35.40
4x Snapcaster Mage (4x INN) 41.40
1x Snapcaster Mage (MM17) 39.82
2x Scalding Tarn FOIL (MM17) 69.50
1x Arid Mesa FOIL (MM17) 35.50
1x Marsh Flats FOIL (MM17) 33.11
1x Spirebluff Canal 7.20
Please post on this thread to keep track of first come first serve. As always, thank you for your time and keeping this community the way it is!
1 day ago
First thing I would do is probably at least cut two of the Faith of the Devoted because you only need one out for Amaizing value, and as far as winning the game or doing damage there are better options if you keep ending up hellbent, a great one being Bloodhall Priest, it can end up still pinging for two once a turn, and although you lose the life gain you have a 4/4 body out and can target creatures. If you play it right, especially using Ye power if key to the city you can slam it on urn three, then get hellbent in turn four.
As far as consistent discarding goes, I think you will find that Olivia, Mobilized for War will easily fix this and add tons of pressure on the board. I would've at least run one and take out the one copy of Lightning Axe. I find two Lightning Axe and four copies of Fiery Temper is the right amount of burn facing most decks.
1 day ago
But thanks for the tip!
1 day ago
Bomat Courier generally dies real easy and becomes useless towards the late game, so I would neglect to run a play set of them. Also Flameblade Adept as a card is a little underwhelming I don't think it is any better than 1 drops like Dread Wanderer.
Amaizing cards in these types of decks would be Olivia, Mobilized for War and Bloodhall Priest. Olivia, Mobilized for War has synergy with every other creature and Fiery Temper, and Bloodhall Priest can shoot down small blockers they have or just get that extra two damage to their face to finish them off.
Im also not a fan of Alms of the Vein. it just doesn't do as much as some of the other madness cards like Stromkirk Occultist which gets around the problem where heckbent decks generally run out of cards to play.
Key to the City also seems pretty useless to me, in control matchups there wont really be any creatures to get around, and in agro matchups good removal like Fatal Push or Magma Spray (If you need to stay with a low budget) can effectively make your creatures almost impossible to block and reduces the counter attack your opponent will have.
You also don't have a sidebored which can easily lose you games at Friday Night Magic. Your worst matchups are probably going to be any Zombie or marvel deck. A few sidebord cards can fix you up against these two types of decks though. In my black-red agro deck I run a play set of Magma Spray in the side, because it deals with Scrapheap Scrounger, Dread Wanderer, Cryptbreaker, and significantly reduces the power of Diregraf Colossus. I also would run at least three Release the Gremlins because it is your only real good answer to Aetherworks Marvel. The last real card you absolutly need in your Sidebord is Transgress the Mind, because its just good against control decks that like to hold onto big scary gearhulks. the rest of your sidebord you can play around with.
Overall great deck for only being sixty dollars, you have some great stuff going for you. You seem like a fun magic player. :)
3 days ago
Unfortunately I was not able to get my hands on enough Dread Wanderer cards still, but I've included 2 Mortuary Mire into my deck.I may say this card is mixed bag. Some time it may help a lot in case you lost Drana, Liberator of Malakir or if you have no mana/creatures to resurrect Scrapheap Scrounger / Relentless Dead. But in most cases I had almost no value from it.
3 days ago
I've done a swap of the number of Glorybringer and Verdurous Gearhulk. 4x Glorybringer gives me better odds to draw it and get it into play turn four or five. I've also increased the number of Mountain to 3x cutting 1x Forest to make room. Glorybringer is double red so having another red source that doesn't come into play tapped really helps.
The difference between the Dragon and Gearhulk is the Dragon's haste. Creature removal is good right now and I get more value faster out of the Dragon than Gearhulk. I've also found the Dragon to be much better than Gearhulk in both Mardu Vehicles and Zombie matchups, especially Mardu as a great way to deal with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Gearhulk is also an artifact, the Dragon isn't, which is relevant.
I was sideboarding a third Glorybringer, but I don't need to do that anymore, I cut it for a third Manglehorn. I like Manglehorn in both Marvel and Mardu Vehicles matchups, especially Mardu because it can kill Heart of Kiran and slow down Scrapheap Scrounger.
Small Summary, Sideboard Cards for Matchups (Look for a more in depth guide in the Sideboard Card Choices section soon):
- Marvel: 4x Negate, 2x Manglehorn and 2x Tireless Tracker. Negate is the best card in the matchup because it can counter Marvel as well as both Chandras. I need all four Negates because I want to at least have one turn four. Tracker comes in as a way to get some card advantage if I can disrupt Marvel. This deck has no way to stop Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.
- Zombies: 3x Radiant Flames, 1x Magma Spray. Flames and Spray are the best cards in the matchup. Spray because it can exile either Dread Wanderer, Relentless Dead or Scrapheap Scrounger. A heavy removal suite of 4x Spray, 4x Harnessed Lightning and 3x Flames is very potent and needed. Harnessed is important because it can kill Lord of the Accursed and/or large Diregraf Colossus, double Lord can make Zombies more than 3 power which gets around Flames. Sometimes I need to kill a Lord before I can sweep the board. Metallic Mimic is also a problem in this matchup it's best to kill it because it can make Zombies more than 3 power.
- Mardu Vehicles: 3x Manglehorn and 1x Magma Spray. This matchup is all about killing or delaying Heart of Kiran. Spray can exile Scrapheap Scrounger as well as kill a turn one Toolcraft Exemplar. Glorybringer although not a sideboard card is one of the best cards for the matchup because it can help me to stabilize being a terrific counter play to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.
- Izzet Control: 4x Negate, 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Manglehorn. Negate is to stop Glimmer of Genius, Sweltering Suns and protect Tracker. Glimmer is the card that puts Control very far ahead. Suns is the Control players sweeper of choice and it can wreck me if it resolves. Tracker is the card I want to see in this matchup because if I can protect it, it can out card advantage Control. Censor is something I have to look out for always be aware of needing an extra mana for my spells.
- Golgari Energy: 3x Tireless Tracker and 1x Rhonas the Indomitable some versions are playing Heart of Kiran if so 3x Manglehorn also. Fatal Push is the removal spell of choice from my opponent making 3 drops much better than 2 drops in this matchup. Tracker comes in as a way to gain card advantage and Rhonas can be a both an attacker and blocker, mostly a great blocker. Storing energy for Harnessed Lightning is very important because my opponent's creatures can get big.
3 days ago
This is a cool build, very unique. Aside from card suggestions, if you go to "edit deck" you'll see a spot called "Hubs" and you can select up to 6 options. Some users follow hubs and you can also search by hub so it will get your deck more views overall, which translates to more feedback and upvotes. For this deck you could do "Grixis" and "Tribal" for example.
As for the build, I would just consider revising the removal suite a bit, Fatal Push is an amazing card. Grasp of Darkness is solid but can be tough to cast sometimes in a 3-color deck. Unlicensed Disintegration seems like it deserves a 4th spot, at least in the sideboard (which you should make!). Shock is good to finish off Walkers or throw to face if close to lethal, but I think it's counterpart Magma Spray is more pertinent with all the Scrapheap Scroungers and Dread Wanderers being played. Could throw a few in the sideboard.
Nice deck, +1!
4 days ago
Interesting! Is the lack of Canyon Slough intentional? Would Succumb to Temptation be playable at BB if you already want Grasp of Darkness on 2? I think I might like it more than Live Fast? I'm not sure the two-of Aether Hub and two Glint-Sleeve Siphoner is enough of a payoff for sorcery speed? Not sure. I really like the 4 Dread Wanderer in the side as extra copies of Scrapheap Scrounger too. It looks like a cool list overall!