Creature — Vampire
Whenever Blood Artist or another creature dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, tokens enter the graveyard before they cease to exist) graveyard, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
|Have (3)||, metalmagic , Sengii|
|Want (3)||pegonça , VGKanri , DodrHaugen|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Blood Artist + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar
- Blood Artist + Ornithopter + Scrap Trawler
- Blood Artist + Bloodthrone Vampire + Gravecrawler
- Blood Artist + Shrivel
- Blood Artist + Lightning Greaves
- Blood Artist + Nim Deathmantle
- Blood Artist + Bloodthrone Vampire
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blood Artist occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Blood Artist Discussion
7 hours ago
@Rivrek: Thank you. Moved Ishkanah to fringe competetive because you just need infinite black mana to win and another viable way to win, is together with Food Chain and Altar of the Brood/Blood Artist. I don't know how me missed that, but don't be to harsh with us. With over 1000 possible commanders, somethin like that can happen, haha :D
7 hours ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
2 days ago
Samimaru, thanks for the upvote and suggestions!
Unfortunately, those cards are much better when you are playing around creature deaths (especially your own). I have them all in my Teysa Karlov deck since the main goal of that deck is to make as many tokens as possible and sac and recur creatures that produce tokens on death. This deck does NOT want our creature to die, as their value lies in what they do while in play. I also run a lot of exile effects for opponents creatures so even Blood Artist wouldn't be utilized to its fullest extent were I to run it, despite triggering on any creature.
I definitely think those creatures are good but they have a place and purpose to fulfill, neither of which really fit into this deck.
2 days ago
Any thoughts on Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat/Cruel Celebrant/etc.? Maybe not enough small creatures and/or recursion to make that whole package totally value in this deck, but I'm still a huge fan of them in general.
2 days ago
Blood Artist and Exsanguinate both jump out as good inclusions. However, I think it's also worth considering throwing in some more low CMC monsters so you can actually attack more often (just in case something happens to your commander). Really cool deck though, I've never seen this commander before but it looks really fun!
6 days ago
Hey, a challenge I accept :) Here's what I have so far, Too Much Disk.
My idea is Esper Control/Reanimator to abuse the repeatable Disk effect with Nevinyrral. To take advantage of Sun Titan + Apprentice Necromancer interaction to repeatedly reanimate Recruiter of the Guard and Heliod's Pilgrim who can tutor all the combo pieces I need. Animate Cat combo is the true win condition I'm playing: Animate Dead + Blood Artist + Leonin Relic-Warder. Since my version is $200 budget my choices for expensive price cards other than lands are Recruiter of the Guard and Liliana, Dreadhorde General.
What are your thoughts on Nevinyrral? How would you make a deck with him?
1 week ago
Thanks rjphilla. I did consider putting Blood Artist in but went with Zulaport Cutthroat instead. They have the same mana cost but cutthroat is cheaper to buy and deals damage to each oppenent where as blood artists only deals damage to target player.