|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire
Whenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
|Have (4)||, , , PTsmitty|
|Want (11)||toonlink282 , Gravehawk , Kaslay , klafooti , Koalatoucher , jpengland , Tustac , analthunder , goldskull666 , teresaalice , Blargen|
Latest as Commander
Blood Artist Discussion
5 hours ago
So for upgrades Wedge recommended Devoted Druid , Parallel Lives , Cauldron of Souls , Black Sun's Zenith , Skullclamp , Beastmaster Ascension , Seshiro the Anointed , Blood Artist , and Triumph of the Hordes . I have most of these cards, but I don't know what to take out. I have Parallel Lives , Black Sun's Zenith , and Triumph of the Hordes on hand right now, so those are the ones I would like to substitute for other cards.
8 hours ago
Looking for feedback for tiny leaders deck Tiny Fungi. It only ever seems to win when I get Westvale Abbey Flip to flip. That's cool, but I'd like to win other ways too. The goal is to create a value engine with saproling tokens. Open to either aristocrats or going wide. If you recommend additions, please let me know what you think I should cut too. I always have a hard time with that. I know, I should probably add Blood Artist . I just love staying on theme, but I am definitely open to adding Blood Artist if that's what it takes. Thank you!
21 hours ago
Hello, rSt, thank you for pointing this out. I double-checked the comprehensive ruls and you are correct. Profane Memento will still trigger from opponent's creatures going to their graveyards but your Bronze Bombshell will not trigger it. Deathgreeter or Blood Artist could be good replacements though you risk losing them to an opponent when Endless Whispers is in play.
3 days ago
idiot_taco you're welcome! :) I would cut the myrs in the first place since they have summoning sickness and are vulnerable to removal. Furthermore cards like Treasury Thrull or Sunblast Angel seem a bit situational. In the first place i would try to figure out how you would like to win apart from Torment of Hailfire (I can't tell for sure atm). With Ahtreos i would try a strategy that goes with strong etb- or ltb-effects and maybe pair it with aristocrats like Blood Artist to support the lifeloss from your commander.
4 days ago
Hey, adding black to Goblins is good not just for Wort, but for adding a sacrifice and drain opponent life strategies. Zulaport Cutthroat , Blood Artist , Judith, the Scourge Diva , Goblin Bombardment , Skirk Prospector , Viscera Seer , Goblin Chirurgeon , Diabolic Intent , Siege-Gang Commander , etc. These strategies are also good with Goblin tokens with Krenko, Mob Boss , Goblin Rabblemaster , etc.
1 week ago
- Have Auriok Salvagers and Lion's Eye Diamond in play.
- Pop Lion's Eye Diamond for and discarding our hand
- We spend to activate the ability of Salvagers, returning Lion's Eye Diamond to our hand. We have netted mana
- We can loop steps 2 and 3 as many times as we want, generating infinite mana. We then loop steps 2 and 3 as many times as we want, generating infinite mana.
- We play our commander, causing an opponent to lose 1 life and we gain 1 life.
- We sacrifice our commander to its own ability, sending it back to the command zone.
- We use our infinite mana to repeat steps 5 and 6 until all opponents have been drained of all life.
To explain the Relic Warder combo
- Leonin Relic-Warder is in the graveyard. We have either Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat on the battlefield.
- We cast either Animate Dead or Dance of the Dead targeting Relic Warder.
- Relic Warder enters the battlefield, causing its ability to trigger. We choose to exile the reanimation enchantment that is keeping Relic Warder in play.
- The enchantment becomes exiled, causing Relic Warder to go to the graveyard from the battlefield. Relic Warder's leave the battlefield trigger fires, and our reanimation enchantment comes back. We target Relic Warder.
- We repeat steps 3 and 4 to form an infinite loop of Relic Warder going to the graveyard from the battlefield. Every time it leaves, we cause opponents to lose life with Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat until all our opponents die.
1 week ago
Fierce Empath tutors for:
- Woodfall Primus - removal/finisher
- Sun Titan - Graveyard Recursion Value
- Harvester of Souls - Draw after board setup
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed - Token Generation when yard stocked
Dimir House Guard usually tutors for:
- Price of Fame - instant speed removal + surveil. Cost reduced to kill commanders
- Guardian Project - Draw Engine
- Peregrination - Ramp
- Corpsejack Menace - Combo with commander
- Debt to the Deathless - Finisher/Lifegain
- Return to Dust Artifact/Enchantment Removal
- Marshal's Anthem Token enhancer
- Decree of Justice - small token spam / big flying token generator
- Teysa Karlov - Enhances enchantment engines (usually weak pick)
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker gets:
- Acidic Slime - Artifact/Enchantment/Land removal
- Woodfall Primus - Finisher / Removal Combo
- Harvester of Souls - Draw Engine
- Night Incarnate - small board wipe via -3/-3
Other tutors are Mausoleum Secrets (situational depending on graveyard) and Fauna Shaman (creatures - if she untaps)
Some cheap pieces to keep in mind are:
1 week ago
Is it me or are you a bit low on the lifegain side? I do like your take on trying to control the board through other cards than Karlov. But I feel, when looking at this list, you might have problems getting Karlov going consistently. I mean no tutors: Demonic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Ranger of Eos etc.
When it comes to lifegain triggers, I play about 25 in my deck, wich often result in a 8/8 Karlov by turn 3.
You can always take a quick look at my list if you want, maybe it gives you some ideas! :)
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 9 | 2 COMMENTS | 311 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
Blood Artist occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
W/B (Orzhov): 1.55%
RBW (Mardu): 0.8%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3.23%