Creature — VampireWhenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.4||$2.65||$3.99||$6.37||0.04 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (11)||Regulus1010 , trness , OcelotProblems , simson475 , jwe94 , GoldGhost012 , thegoblinmaster , Crow_Of_The_Void , Explotography , gurthang034 , DrLitebur|
|Want (7)||agGravity , luckythepirate , about30ninjas , dspot4lyf , riley1001000 , m-d-an , Haplo78|
Blood Artist Discussion
17 hours ago
If you run Extraplanar Lens remember to only run Snow-Covered Swamp as it will benefit all basic swamps otherwise. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is very common in any dual, or tri-colored deck that runs . As far as other vampires, there's quite a few of them floating around. Not all of them are ideal however.
Blood Seeker: is a good one especially against token decks.
Blood Artist: is another great option to go with a sacrifice theme.
Bloodghast: he's that annoying itch that never seems to go away.
Ascendant Evincar: Nasty against non-token token decks.
These are just a few examples there are others out there but a gatherer search will find all the other relevant ones.
3 days ago
I've got a few suggestions for this list after digging around tappedout for a bit. These aren't cards that need to be in the list, but I do believe they serve their purpose, and should at least be considered.
3 days ago
3 days ago
Few new suggestions -
Personally, I think you could reeeally make this into a vampire aggro. You could squeeze some lower-cost creatures in there and replace your Grim Discovery and Stir the Grave with Unearth (one of the best reanimation spells out there). Sure, it lowers the chance of getting Nocturnus back if it dies, but consider some of the options below to help with that.
Going with aggro, I would suggest keeping your creature costs down to under 3 (with the exception of Nocturnus, because he's an auto-include in all vamp decks). If you can afford him, Bloodghast is SERIOUSLY your best friend in this kind of deck, since he's almost impossible to get rid of short of exiling. Guul Draz Vampire, Vampire Lacerator, maybe even Arrogant Bloodlord (Sure, he dies to weenies, but he's a good value for his cost and that flavor is unbeatable).
Regardless of if you want to pump more aggro into the deck, which I again recommend, you could also have some really good tribal support in the deck aside from Nocturnus. Bloodline Keeper Flip is great, since he's a better token generator than Sorin AND can pump them all pretty easily. Captivating Vampire is also a good choice - he pumps AND steals opponent's creatures. Granted, you'll probably get more out of the pump than the stealing, but it's a great feature to take their toughest guy if need be, since you won't lose him if Captivating Vampire dies. If you splashed Red instead of White, you get access to Stromkirk Captain, who is pretty great for vampires on his own, but that would also grant access to classic red burn spells, Terminate and Stromkirk Noble.
If you don't aggro as much, I feel like you could have in a sac outlet to really get Kalastria Highborn going. Bloodthrone Vampire, for instance, gives you a free sac outlet to do some life swinging. Viscera Seer is an even better option, since it also helps you sort your deck for the Nocturnus. Mix that with, say, Bloodghast 's recursion ability and you could do some big swings. Going with that, Blood Artist is a damned good option, since there'd be life swings regardless of whatever happens with Kalastria.
4 days ago
This is awesome!
If you're willing to stray a little from budget and make the deck more consistent (and competitive), consider replacing Diabolic Tutor, Altar of the Brood, and Blasting Station with 3 Blood Artist and 3 Kitchen Finks. (4 sac outlet may not be enough though, but you have enough tutors I think, I'll try it for sure).
Sweet deck though, I always loved the idea of Melira combo, and Anafenza makes it so much more consistent!
4 days ago
Glad that you like it.
Let me show you a few examples of why Champion of Lambholt is useful in several ways:
- It provides counters even when I can't sacrifice something or the opponent refuses to kill my creatures, so it can give the initial spark for and be part of a counter-producing loop with Retribution of the Ancients targeting any of my undying creatures.
- It lets me swing with huge unblockables if it survives just one turn. Ever had a Champion of Lambholt gain 9-12 counters the turn after it was cast? I get that regularly. Often supported with secondary attackers.
- It is not the most important card in the deck, but draws the paths and bolts like crazy, so my Bloodflow Connoisseurs and Blood Artists are in less danger to catch one. It being a favored target is kind of a good thing.
Judged by the basic strength in a vacuum, Mogis's Marauder might be better or not. Hard to say since they are so different. However, the synergies in this deck make Champion of Lambholt superior in every aspect.
Thank you for your comment and your suggestion. I might have to consider ensuring that it is more resilient to removal. Maybe some hexproof instant or Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots, that could also help protect the others.
4 days ago
i think Plumeveil is a nice addition here: the flash plays nicely with your instants, allowing you to hold up mana for tricks, and play a surprise blocker/removal spell that holds its own against most critters.
depending on the decks you're facing, Mana Leak or even Arcane Denial may be more effective for the 4-of counterspell slot. denial is especially sweet as it cantrips for you and is a hard counter, as opposed to leak (soft) and negate (conditional). it's also probably 1.5$ apiece, tho...
|Power / Toughness||0/1|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Forbidden Orchard + Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Athreos, God of Passage + Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Mortician Beetle
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks + Mercy Killing
- Blood Artist + Engineered Plague + Grave Pact
- Blood Artist + Massacre Wurm + Sangromancer
- Barrage of Expendables + Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Blood Artist + Desecration Demon
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat
- Blood Artist + Viscera Seer
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Words of Wilding
- Blood Artist + Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow
- Bitterblossom + Blood Artist + Contamination
- Blood Artist + Forbidden Orchard + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Food Chain + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Mindcrank
- Blood Artist + Suture Priest + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Martial Coup
- Blasphemous Act + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Bloodghast
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Pawn of Ulamog
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Altar
- Altar of Dementia + Blood Artist
- Archangel of Thune + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Dark Prophecy
- Blood Artist + Cauldron of Souls
- Blood Artist + Grave Titan
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Athreos, God of Passage
- Blood Artist + Grave Pact + Proper Burial
- Blood Artist + Smokestack
- Blood Artist + Hunted Phantasm + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Bloodthrone Vampire + Pawn of Ulamog
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Blood Artist + Solemn Simulacrum
- Blood Artist + Karmic Guide + Reveillark
- Blood Artist + Virulent Plague
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Krenko, Mob Boss
- Blood Artist + Bloodghast + Viscera Seer
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble + Malakir Bloodwitch
- Altar's Reap + Blood Artist + Flayer of the Hatebound
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Krovikan Horror + Nether Traitor
- Blood Artist + Orzhov Pontiff
- Blood Artist + Damnation
- Blood Artist + Requiem Angel
- Blood Artist + Spawnsire of Ulamog
- Blood Artist + Spawnsire of Ulamog + Training Grounds
- Blood Artist + Kiku, Night's Flower
- Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Blood Artist + Sanguine Bond + Whip of Erebos