|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire
Whenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||rockleemyhero , metalmagic , PTsmitty , ruflescl , GoldGhost012 , TwentyFive_Shmeckles , LiveForChaos , DrLitebur , awalloftext , Regulus1010 , pskinn01 , jwe94 , saj0219 , ThisIsBullshit , Vanirra , Big-Foot , ajmcnulty , GriffinL , hound77|
|Want (2)||pismy , mercury19|
Blood Artist Discussion
3 hours ago
I have a deck kind of similar (SHE WENT TO JARAD). Off the top of my head, Slitherhead, Corpsejack Menace, Primordial Hydra (this card is insane with Fungal Sprouting or Retribution of the Ancients for removal), Scourge of Skola Vale, Blood Artist is great for constant ping/lifegain, Solidarity of Heroes.
18 hours ago
You could take the aristocrats route. A Nantuko Husk, Bloodthrone Vampire, or maybe Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet with a Blood Artist can end a game very quickly. This goes great with Bloodghast as well. Throw in some token generators like Bitterblossom and you've got some strong inevitability right there.
3 days ago
I have a love/hate relationship with Suture Priest. It provides a lot of small pokes that most people don't worry too much about, but you really have to pay attention and I have to say I don't always pay attention as well as I should in a group game.
Blood Artist is the other one that stands out for me. Most people don't want to waste removal on a 0/1, but the cost of sweeping the board with him out can be devastating for them.
3 days ago
yes you must pick a target with the ability. this is what you could do:
1) activate the ability by paying black and removing the counters from the creature with undying. this puts the ability on the stack, as removing the counters is part of the activation cost.
2) sac the undying creature to the sac outlet.
3) ability from Retribution of the Ancients is countered due to its target no longer being there.
4) repeat as many times as you have the mana to pay.
5 days ago
6 days ago
I don't like the ideals because getting one enchantment out each turn for the rest of the game isn't as good as being able to play spells when you want to. Other suggested cuts are:
- Enduring Ideal
- Silent Sentinel (seems good but it's always too slow)
- Starfield of Nyx (nombos with Karmic Justice and just opens your enchantments up to removal against opponents who otherwise can't handle them)
- Aegis of the Gods does do everything, not even useful as a blocker, and you already have Leyline
- + unless you are going to add a consistent sac outlet for them like Infernal Tribute
- Contaminated Bond
- Flickerform is cute but you didn't have any trouble being monarch so I would cut it for now.
Things to add (pending budget of course, but you did just buy a foil italian Damnation):
- Lightmine Field deters attacking en masse at all instead of just taxing it
- War's Toll for obvious fuck-you-blue reasons
- + , don't try to be cute, everybody who isn't playing green needs these cards.
- Thran Dynamo couldn't hurt either
- Sword of the Animist! is now basically the best ramp card for all non-green decks! It's essentially a repeatable Cultivate!
- Phyrexian Reclamation so you can reuse your Monk Idealist and Auramancer
- The Soul Sisters (Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, maybe even Blood Artist), yes I know you're doing enchantress but you are hurting everyone a lot and you need to have more ways to stay ahead of what is currently symmetrical damage.
- + maybe
6 days ago
A few suggested changes I could possibly see:
Remove Jolrael, Empress of Beasts : Add Kamahl, Fist of Krosa. While Kamahl is more mana intensive, it won't hurt your hand, allows a bit of politics-friendly land removal, and affects the board as soon as it lands until having to wait an entire turn as Jolrael does.
Consider Anguished Unmaking, Swords to Plowshares, etc in place of one of the other removal effects. More general removal than the creature hate, and at a reasonable cost. B/W has some of the best removal in the game.
1 week ago
Cliffhaven Vampire -- one is plenty, you don't need two ;)
Mastery of the Unseen -- without any way of manipulating the top of your library, you risk losing some important non-creature cards.
Silumgar, the Drifting Death -- two dragons total in the deck will make Slim's ability to be less than impressive.
Maybe 1 more board wiper (besides disk). Maybe something like Killing Wave since you'll have way more life than everyone else...
Maybe 1 or 2 counterspells.
Other cards to consider for the life gain theme: