Creature — VampireWhenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$1.66||$2.75||$3.93||$6.84||0.05 TIX||0.05 TIX|
|Have (17)||jwe94 , Nate_D , failurechild88 , GrandeKhan , Crow_Of_The_Void , knto , greycross , Regulus1010 , trness , Gameover209X , TheRedMage , GoldGhost012 , vampirelazarus , CompleteWaste , Explotography , jamesonDaly , thegoblinmaster|
|Want (5)||torridus , agGravity , Kravian , dspot4lyf , CompleteWaste|
Blood Artist Discussion
5 hours ago
@Cerradura: Thanks for your suggestions!
Sadly, these cards may work great in your EDH, but they won't work here.
Infernal Genesis - This is a great effect and I would totally play it, if it were a lot cheaper (like 2 or 3 CMC). Infernal Genesis starts giving my opponents tokens in turn 7. I want to win the game with a Massacre Wurm in turn 6...
Seed the Land - Seems good in EDH, where you need lots of mana. With a 60-card deck, my opponents often don't need more than 4 lands. Also, it's way too few tokens for this deck (2 if I go first, they play a land every turn and I win turn 6). Compare this to Varchild's War-Riders, which gives my opponent 10 tokens (turn 3 to 6) and has a viable body for 2 mana less.
I don't play cards like Illness in the Ranks, because I want my opponent to accumulate tokens for me to kill when I control Blood Artist or end the game with Massacre Wurm. Tainted AEther seems really nasty with Illness in the Ranks, because then they can't sac the tokens you give them. Here, they would just sac their tokens and be happy to do it. Also, I need my creatures and would have to sac my lands...
I took a look at your deck, and it seems a blast to play/pretty nasty to play against, +1 for sure. I very much like the idea of using Pharika, God of Affliction as token engine for your opponents.
6 hours ago
hey guys now that you can run 8x Blood Artist what do you think of modern aristocrats? if you get 5x of them out then a single board wipe from either side = you win
may try brewing a little somethin somethin
7 hours ago
etrax93 A couple years back during INS/RTR Standard there was a deck in which Falkenrath Aristocrat and Cartel Aristocrat were the center pieces, alongside Blood Artist and cards like Doomed Traveler. The name refers to those center piece cards, and now the name "The Aristocrats" basically refers to a deck that focuses on sacrificing it's own creatures for value :)
20 hours ago
In Modern 5 mana is reserved solely for something that will either turn the tide of a game drastically or finish it. 5 for one piece of a combo is far too slow.
Since you're mono-black, I would replace the 2 Bloodline Keeper Flips for Vampire Nocturnus. The problem with Keeper is that if he is flipped, his cmc is technically 0, so he is vulnerable to Abrupt Decay which runs rampant in many Modern decks.
I would drop Kalastria Highborn down to 2 or 3. 4 just seems way too high.
Also, car is right about Bloodghast. They seem underwhelming, but I play with them and they can be very persistent and annoying. Most spot removal doesn't want to target them, and they help re-stabilize in the event of a sweeper or board wipe.
- Bloodline Keeper Flip
- Vampire's Bite
- Exquisite Blood
- Sanguine Bond
- -1 or 2 Kalastria Highborn
- Dash Hopes (personal opinion since I don't like giving my opponent an option)
- Go for the Throat (Affinity is HUGE in Modern)
- 3-4 Bloodghast (pairs well with Viscera Seer)
- 2-3 Victim of Night
- 2-3 Vampire Nocturnus
- 1 more Gatekeeper of Malakir this card is crazy good.
- some hand disruption, it's Black's best friend in Modern (Inquisition of Kozilek, Thoughtseize.
- And maybe another copy of Captivating Vampire
A good trick with Viscera Seer and Vampire Nocturnus and one of the best synergies you can have is to readjust the top of your library with Viscera Seer's Scry ability to assure you've always got a black card on top of your library.
Although it may be a R/B build, you should take a look at my Modern Vampire deck. It's done amazingly well and been tons of fun to play.
1 day ago
Hey all. Decided to try my hand at building a Vampire deck for Modern, and I'm really new to MTG, only played like 3 weeks so far.
My questions are in the description for the deck but will be copied here:
The main idea of the deck was to poke them down with Blood Artist and Viscera Seer then control the board through Dash Hopes, various kill spells and Gatekeeper of Malakir to then build up a synergizing army with Bloodline Keeper Flip and Captivating Vampire to either go for the win swinging or to stall them until I can use the infinite combo as a win condition.
Keep in mind, I'm incredibly new and have only played casually. I plan to EVENTUALLY play Modern, and this is the deck I'm building for that. I have no idea how realistic this is. I'd like insight on this!
QUESTIONS COPIED BELOW
New MTG player and this is my first deck that I've actually built on my own without editing off of someone else's deck.
Could really use help. Questions below.
Are vampire decks viable in Modern tournaments (Not this one just in general)?
Could THIS deck be used at FNM without being ROFLstomped (Not expecting to top place but hopefully not be consistently and soul-crushingly destroyed)? Is it at least decent?
How many kill spells should I run?
Any card you would replace? How could this deck be made more Modern-viable?
Is the infinite combo in this deck too slow for Modern/How long is an average Modern game?
How does the mana situation look? Only 22 lands, but most of my cards are relatively cheap with decent scaling.
I'd appreciate ANY of these be answered, thanks a ton in advance!
1 day ago
Blood Artist combos really well with Storm Crow, which forces your opponent to either take 1 damage from the crow or block it and lose 1 life if the crow dies, making it a practically unstoppable damage machine.
1 day ago
@SaberTech Thank you for your input! Those new eldrazi are a pretty awesome interaction! Didn't even think about utilising that when sifting through the spoilers. Void Attendant looks like it will be making an entrance then! Not to keen on Blight Herder as it seems to just be a cheap body with mana tokens. But Void Attendant offers a nice interaction to give an opponent a token for BFF, Definitely a great political interaction. Cannot really decide upon weather Grave Pact is worth it's self in this build as often I wont be creating a token for myself, Though it is always a possibility. It would bring some removal I currently feel as if I am lacking. I will have to test those ones. Sadistic Hypnotist is a similar conundrum due to my lack of sacrificing my own creatures. But it does offer a way I could even yard my own cards, for Dread Return etc, Genesis Chamber Is another great card I have been thinking of! Very quick to get down and pretty fun! That will be included soon.
@DexterKrause Thank you for commenting! Blood Artist Was in the first build but then was dropped because it dies to Night of Souls' Betrayal due to it killing Blood Artist. But then that was dropped because of budget. I will probably swap out Blood Seeker for it soon enough. Zulaport Cutthroat is one I cannot make my mind over, This is due to the aim of the deck being the tokens I am gifting are getting killed and I do not control them. I haven't really built around self Sacrifice so I'm not sure how potent it will be.
|Power / Toughness||0/1|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Words of Wilding
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Mortician Beetle
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks + Mercy Killing
- Blood Artist + Engineered Plague + Grave Pact
- Forbidden Orchard + Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Orzhov Pontiff
- Barrage of Expendables + Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Blood Artist + Forbidden Orchard + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Desecration Demon
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat
- Blood Artist + Martial Coup
- Blood Artist + Smokestack
- Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Blood Artist + Dark Prophecy
- Blasphemous Act + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow
- Bitterblossom + Blood Artist + Contamination
- Athreos, God of Passage + Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Blood Artist + Viscera Seer
- Blood Artist + Karmic Guide + Reveillark
- Blood Artist + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Parallel Lives + Tooth and Claw
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Gravecrawler
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Mindcrank
- Blood Artist + Suture Priest + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Bloodghast
- Blood Artist + Pawn of Ulamog
- Altar of Dementia + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Grave Titan
- Archangel of Thune + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Massacre Wurm + Sangromancer
- Blood Artist + Dark Prophecy + Dictate of Erebos
- Blood Artist + Damnation
- Blood Artist + Grave Pact + Proper Burial
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Blood Artist + Hunted Phantasm + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Athreos, God of Passage
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Blood Artist + Bloodthrone Vampire + Pawn of Ulamog
- Blood Artist + Food Chain + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Blood Artist + Solemn Simulacrum
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Virulent Plague
- Blood Artist + Kalastria Highborn
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Bloodghast + Viscera Seer
- Blood Artist + Cauldron of Souls
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble + Malakir Bloodwitch
- Altar's Reap + Blood Artist + Flayer of the Hatebound
- Blood Artist + Thopter Assembly + Time Sieve
- Blood Artist + Requiem Angel
- Blood Artist + Spawnsire of Ulamog
- Blood Artist + Spawnsire of Ulamog + Training Grounds
- Blood Artist + Krovikan Horror + Nether Traitor
- Blood Artist + Kiku, Night's Flower
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Altar
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Krenko, Mob Boss
- Blood Artist + Sanguine Bond + Whip of Erebos