Creature — VampireWhenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.66||$2.57||$3.94||$6.72||0.04 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (14)||jwe94 , notamardybum , Regulus1010 , CompleteWaste , JamestheJoo , thegoblinmaster , Gameover209X , Salad_Thunder , Raistlin911822 , gurthang034 , NoisyPotato , CosmicNutria , nintendowryyy , TheRedMage|
|Want (5)||Magicrafter , CompleteWaste , deathcabbage7 , m-d-an , Panda213|
Blood Artist Discussion
22 hours ago
Final thoughts, here a few more cards to consider:
Falkenrath Exterminator --> opens up more creature removal, but needs those +1/+1 counters first.
Havengul Vampire --> I saw one in my binders, and while I don't recall this having much play, this can be your hero (no, not Hero of Bladehold levels) due to the +1/+1 options, similar to Blade of the Bloodchief
Vampiric Fury --> possible finisher and that first strike is always nice
Feast of Blood --> conditional removal with a tacked on 4 life. might be useful, mostly not.
Nightbird's Clutches | Rogue's Passage --> when you really want that creature to smack your opponents' face and can't remove blockers (indestructible, high toughness, protection). But seeing 4 Geth's Verdict in the sideboard, this is just redundancy.
Hopefully, you will find the build you want (without breaking the piggy bank)
2 days ago
2 days ago
Hello and thank you again for your thoughts and suggestions. I find it funny how you in your last comment pointed out that this is a casual deck, which it is (casual - semi-competitive), but yet you start suggesting cards such as Path to Exile. I would be glad if I could afford that card; would go into every single white deck I have. Same goes for the fetches.
As for the Blood Artist: He works in this deck, as I tend to chump-block with my tokens (the whole point of this deck) and by doing that I'll inflict damage and gain life. The point of this deck should be to create a situation where there is no 100 % benefit for the opponent to ever attack me. On many occasions people tend to "waste" their removals on Soul Warden and Blood Artist just because they annoy the living crap out of the opponents. That will waste their removal on my weenies and I may play the bigger baddies instead.
I have, all though, also wondered about the Zealous Persecution; they might be pulled out. But I will test and see. My first version of this deck had even 63 cards in it, so I guess this a minor improvement over that, ain't it?
2 days ago
I would board a Zealous Persecution. Great card but not as good in certain matchups. I think the worst card in here is probably Blood Artist. The tempo you lose by playing him is made up by the damage you inflict ONLY if they board wipe. Otherwise the extra 4, 8, 10 damage you get from an Intangible Virtue is just better. Plus if they board wipe you still have to reconstruct a board anyway.This would allow you to add in another Sorin to hit exactly 60. Three is by no means too many. After turn four you want one on the field anyway. One other thing to improve the deck while keeping the same theme is to replace the Mortifys with Path to Exile. You don't want to lose an entire turn to 1for1 that aggro opponent who is about to kill you with their other creatures, or worse get comboed on because you couldn't kill that creature that they comboed off on.
Keep in mind the calculations you did are only for a 60 vs 63 card deck. If you go down to 40 vs. 43 cards (definitely not unreasonable in your average game) or 30 vs 33 cards, those draws become much more relevent. Adding in fetches also messes with math in complex ways but since this isn't a serious deck we don't need to go into that. The point is that there is always something that can be cut and will just improve the gameplay and experience of using the deck. And it does matter. Greatly in many cases.
3 days ago
I built a pretty savage U/B Zombie deck for modern once. It was only semi-competitive, but was hella fun to play. I splashed blue for Diregraf Captain and Countersquall. I knew I wanted some form of countermagic, and Countersquall fit my gameplan ridiculously well, because the goal was to grind my opponent down with small bits of life loss through that counterspell, Geth's Verdict, Blood Artist, Geralf's Messenger, Diregraf Captain's ability etc. Then since my creature-base was very resilient to dying because of Undying, Gravecrawler (with four Mutavaults to ensure I always had a zombie), Bloodghast, and Butcher Ghoul, I was able to run sacrifice outlets that are usually unconventional because sacrificing board state is usually not so good. I was able to legitimately use Altar's Reap, Grimgrin, Corpse-Born, and even Demonmail Hauberk LOL. Four mainboard Tragic Slip is pretty savage too in this deck.
Giving all my dudes swampwalk would be pretty legit! I'd certainly find something to cut for it.
4 days ago
Thankyou both for your great contributions!
To start with 21 lands is of my own play testing of variations this deck for about a year now, Aristocrat is the only 4 drop and yes she is often delayed but I don't mind at all.
The main beatdown for this deck for me has become the Champion of the Parish + token + kytheon now. Currently playtesting with War Horn to see what happens.
Relic Seeker is good for me coming from a black background. I value all tudors extremely high, potentially doubles the amount of swords I have in the deck for drawing purposes, providing you have the right removal which this deck has.
With Blood Artist and Impact Tremors etc we are moving away from the aggro beatdown play style which I perfer and roaming into a whole new deck itself. Tremors is only in here for me at the moment as a way to bypass a stale board against Ensnaring Bridge, Ghostly Prison etc.
I love Boros Charm and will be including it. The Orzhov Charm and Alesha, Who Smiles at Death have earn there place for me through play at Friday Night Magic. I love utility over predictability. Enables more routes, more win conditions, more plays. More interesting play all round, again, I love the Boros Charm.
And that brings me to Kolaghan's Command. It's the pure utility that has it for me. I want to include more Lightning Bolts!! Naturally! But the deck is becoming so tight right and the more value I get out of a single card the better.
Finally Return to the Ranks is a no go for me, Exiling my creatures on a possible all in is a no go for me in modern. Vapor Snag is brings back reoccuring memories.
Mass Hysteria I feel is not for this deck but going into my goblin deck so fast. I never.. What is this thing. It is amazing.
Again, thanks again both for your contributions, Ill naturally play test with most if not all that is suggested and see how things go :D
5 days ago
im already working on making it mono black XTechNinjaX, it works alot better i cut down the kolaghan's commands for Darkness and Plunge into Darkness i might keep the Watery Graves because i might put Diregraf Captain back into the deck due to the amount of sacrifice outlets i have in the deck he will do a similair effect as Blood Artist but the 3 mana is why he isnt as good so i will consider the latter. i also did put the Grimgrin, Corpse-Born in i will update the deck within the next 2-3 days so you can see the updated list.
|Power / Toughness||0/1|
|Avg. draft pick||3.14|
|Avg. cube pick||7.67|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist
- Forbidden Orchard + Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Altar
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Mortician Beetle
- Blood Artist + Darkest Hour
- Blood Artist + Engineered Plague + Grave Pact
- Blood Artist + Cauldron of Souls
- Blood Artist + Massacre Wurm + Sangromancer
- Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Barrage of Expendables + Blood Artist + Master of Cruelties
- Blood Artist + Desecration Demon
- Blood Artist + Dark Prophecy
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Aristocrat
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Words of Wilding
- Blood Artist + Vampire Nighthawk + Viridian Longbow
- Bitterblossom + Blood Artist + Contamination
- Blood Artist + Martial Coup
- Blood Artist + Forbidden Orchard + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Blood Artist + Viscera Seer
- Blood Artist + Suture Priest + Teysa, Orzhov Scion
- Athreos, God of Passage + Blood Artist + Killing Wave
- Blasphemous Act + Blood Artist
- Altar of Dementia + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Orzhov Pontiff
- Blood Artist + Kiku, Night's Flower
- Blood Artist + Grave Titan
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Athreos, God of Passage
- Blood Artist + Grave Pact + Proper Burial
- Ashnod's Altar + Blood Artist + Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Blood Artist + Smokestack
- Blood Artist + Hunted Phantasm + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Food Chain + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Archangel of Thune + Blood Artist
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks
- Blood Artist + Killing Wave + Krenko, Mob Boss
- Blood Artist + Illness in the Ranks + Mercy Killing
- Blood Artist + Bloodghast + Viscera Seer
- Blood Artist + Karmic Guide + Reveillark
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Blood Artist + Solemn Simulacrum
- Blood Artist + Falkenrath Noble + Malakir Bloodwitch
- Blood Artist + Krovikan Horror + Nether Traitor
- Blood Artist + Damnation
- Blood Artist + Spawnsire of Ulamog + Training Grounds
- Blood Artist + Blood Seeker + Falkenrath Noble
- Blood Artist + Sanguine Bond + Whip of Erebos