|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire
Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
Discard a card, Sacrifice Insolent Neonate: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Insolent Neonate Discussion
1 day ago
1 day ago
3 days ago
Hey there, thanks for the suggestions on my own decklist, now here are some for yours.
As it's rather late for me when i'm writing this, I will continue to think up some more suggestions tomorrow, but this looks like a good start for sure.
3 days ago
I like the commander, love the vampire theme. I just don't understand how the deck is supposed to win in a multiplayer format. Ultimately this all comes down to your playgroup and how competitive the deck is, what the meta is, all that good stuff. Most vampire decks to date have done Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond / Defiant Bloodlord. Or stealing opponents stuff with Olivia Voldaren in the late game. Or even Vampire Hexmage + Dark Depths. In my experience, very rarely are you going to be able to overwhelm all of your opponents with vampires that have had time to grow and get fat. Heavy creature decks that also generate tokens are huge Wrath of God magnets.
You may want to consider some more removal if you plan on keeping the win condition brute force: Merciless Eviction, Austere Command, Tempest of Light, Utter End, Oblation, Red Elemental Blast, Grave Pact, whatever. Otherwise, you fall victim to a huge variety of defensive measures: Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety, Copy Enchantment, Moat, Crawlspace, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, No Mercy, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, etc.
Finally, it's hard for me to say what I would cut without knowing your meta, but I'll give it a go: Confusion in the Ranks, Harsh Mercy, Insolent Neonate, Olivia, Mobilized for War, Attrition, Urge to Feed. These cards are either too finite, or have circumstantial value. Other than that, I challenge you to look at your creature base, I know you want to get a lot of value out of Edgar Markov but the creatures themselves need to bring a lot to the table too.
6 days ago
What about Bloodghast? You wouldn't play it from your hand, but discard it and then return it with the next land drop.
Also Reforge the Soul could be amazing - either you play it for its miracle cost or you also can discard it.
Maybe Insolent Neonate is worth checking out. Gives you basically Faithless Looting all the time and is quite a decent attacker.
And last but not least, your deck already has quite a lot in common with the Dredge Archetype so probably you should have a look into those deck lists or a format primer.
1 week ago
taiga277677, I've been playing around with the idea. I had Indulgent Aristocrat and Stromkirk Noble for a while, but they just didn't seem to mesh well with the deck. I've also considered Insolent Neonate, Vampire Lacerator, or even Guul Draz Vampire or Guul Draz Assassin but so far, they just haven't play tested all that well. Also considered Falkenrath Gorger, but the ability doesn't work well with this deck since it's not really built to discard much. I think I'll see what Ixalan has for vamps.
1 week ago
Hi! Have you considered:
1 drop creatures:
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Excellent 1 drop that comes with lifelink and can give counters to all your vampires
- Insolent Neonate: 1R drop that synergizes with the madness, has menance, and can provide card advantage
- Guul Draz Assassin: 1 drop that eventually becomes a Grasp of Darkness if left unchecked
- Bloodghast: Really annoying 2/1 that can always come back if you have a land drop
- Gatekeeper of Malakir: 2/2 that has kicker for 1B. If you kick it, they have to sacrifice a creature so it's for tempo.
- Gifted Aetherborn: Non-flying vampire knighthawk
- Captivating Vampire Buffs +1/+1 and can steal other creatures provided you have enough vamps
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: 2/3 Flying, First strike. Can buff all your creatures with +1/+1 counters
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: 3/3 Flying. Let's you discard and buff another creature with a +1+1 counter and haste. Not bad
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan: 2/2 Haste. Can grow and become indestructible.
- Bloodhall Priest: 4/4 Has madness and can provide 2 dmg every turn provided your hand is gone
- Bloodline Keeper Flip: 3/3 Flyer that can poop out 2/2 flying vamps. Can flip if you have enough vampires and buff everyone
- Vampire Nocturnus: 3/3 Buffs all vamps with flying and +2/+1 if your top card is black. Can quickly lead to lethal
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet: 3/4 that deals with annoying creatures by exiling em. Has lifelink, can grow. Expensive paper
- Olivia Voldaren: 3/3 Flyer that can ping creatures to kill and grow (+1 counters). Can also steal creatures
If budget is a thing avoid Kalitas and Bloodghast. The rest are affordable-ish. I recommended Dragonskull Summit for a cheap dual land