|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. Each of those creatures is a black Zombie in addition to its other colours and types. Put Ever After on the bottom of its owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||Wolfebladeelite , Mousemke , gildan_bladeborn , Brandbrower21 , Chandelier , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , Lindough , ecurps , Wolfninja , saj0219 , KB2187 , voidruby , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , DarkMagician , Falte , Rez09 , mentor6 , Sparky41 , twistedmage , joshw335 , philktoken8998 , jhTheMan99 , golgarigirl , Borg0th , Pylioz|
|Want (5)||ericalt91 , _raeofsunlight , Desol4tion , Spinalripper , RedMulligan|
Ever After Discussion
1 day ago
I'm seeing a few challenges for this deck.
- Your ramp is having a good foundation, but you don't have a very large chance of landing a ramp spell on turn 2, if I were you I would exchange the Commander's Sphere and Darksteel Ingot for an Orzhov Signet and a Gruul Signet, while on the topic of mana, you are playing Hour of Promise that synergizes well with Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, putting both in play at the same time.
- Your victory conditions seems to be scattered all around, you have a subtheme with planeswalkers and Parallel Lives, you have a token strategy with anthems to boost them, you have Purphoros, God of the Forge to kill people with tokens coming into play, then you have a couple of creatures which don't seem to support either of those strategies, you appear to be wanting to do too many different things.
I would consider replacing Saskia the Unyielding, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Iroas, God of Victory, Faith's Reward, Erebos, God of the Dead Beacon of Unrest, Xenagos, God of Revels, Ever After, Lurking Predators, Grave Titan.
A few suggestions on what to add instead could be something like Martyr's Cause, Retribution of the Meek, Fight to the Death, Obzedat's Aid (it can return planeswalkers), Blood Artist, Aura Shards Teysa, Orzhov Scion and Requiem Angel
In my experience, focusing on one main strategy and maaaybe one secondary strategy, is the way to get consistent performance with a deck.
2 weeks ago
Entomb, Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Gamble, Sheoldred, the Whispering One, Reanimate, Grave Titan, Grisly Salvage, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Animate Dead, Avatar of Woe, Exhume, Ever After, Buried Alive, Zombie Infestation, Kheru Lich Lord, Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Deathrender, Dralnu, Lich Lord, Mystical Tutor, Liliana, Death's Majesty, Living Death, Stitch Together, Nyx Weaver, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Geth, Lord of the Vault, The Mimeoplasm, Birthing Pod, Noxious Revival, Ramunap Excavator, Prized Amalgam.
There's some great renamition based cards if you need some ideas... I play decks like this pretty often.
2 weeks ago
Some cheap reanimation effects I can think of:
3 weeks ago
@MrTom, hah, I see that now. Yeah, cheap/not cheap. Damia, has been occasionally taking some removal, but it hasn't been terrible in my play group so far. I probably could do with a few more "blocks" in there.
@Swamy, If that happens, or if I can't seem to stack my hand well enough, then I try to fall back on dumping the creatures in the graveyard and reviving them from there with things like Shallow Grave, Animate Dead, Ever After, etc.
@Spooky, I agree, the mana base can certainly be improved. I don't have a Tropical Island at the moment to complete the dual cycle, but I agree I should really take out the slow-lands and replace with non-tap stuff like Ancient Tomb or more fetches. Thanks for the tips.
3 weeks ago
So... I just built this deck for my best friend, and I have a lot to say if you are willing to listen.
The first thing I want to say, don't play The Ur-Dragon as your commander. I get why you did but less on your dragons isn't worth, having to pay 9 CMC for your commander. With Sion as your commander you get to play it turn 5, and put the Ur-Dragon on the table the next turn for , then you just reanimate it with Teneb, the Harvester or any reanimation tool.
Cards to take out:
- Boneyard Scourge: it's just not that good, I'd rather run Reanimate or Dread Return in its place to bring back a dragon that does something and isn't just a body.
- Foe-Razer Regent: It isn't all that great, because for less you could be playing Frontier Siege which gives all your dragons the Foe-Razer ETB and is versatile enough that you can play it early for ramp.
- Glorybringer: It's a weaker version of Balefire Dragon honestly. It's just not worth.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Creatures are the easiest type of permanent to kill, so I'd suggest just running Exploration or Burgeoning both are enchantments, which are the hardest permanent type to deal with.
- Ramos, Dragon Engine: When you play dragons you are under constant bombardment of Wraths because your creatures hit hard and do so much. Ramos will never make it to 5 +1/+1 counters which means he's just a flying body. He needs to be in a deck based around him or using +1/+1 counters.
- Rattleclaw Mystic: just is a lackluster Sylvan Caryatid, he dies so much easier and isn't half the blocker caryatid is.
- Scalelord Reckoner: Karmic Justice is just a better reckoner because it's ALL your permanents not just dragons, AND it's an enchantment which makes it, again, harder to kill.
- Territorial Hellkite: Its too RNG based it's not always gonna do what you want it to do; there are just better dragons to take this slot.
- Dragon Tempest: So you already have Temur Ascendancy which is better than the haste on this card, and Warstorm Surge does more damage per dragon. Ultimately this card relies on you keeping a huge board state which just isn't a reality when you sit down at the table with this deck.
- Call to the Kindred: just run Descendants' Path, it's 100% better. You can't just kill the creature that it's attached to to get rid of it..
If you want some good ideas for the deck just come look at the deck I built for my friend. Its super competitive and honestly has been a threat to our play group.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 8 COMMENTS | 347 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
1 month ago
yeah, the combo shines if you include Grave Pact / Grave Betrayal / Dictate of Erebos.another combo piece to this: Diregraf Colossus. endless zombies incoming.on the other side, if you can pull the combo off with your Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat, you instantly win the game.I play 38 lands and 3 artifacts that create mana. In my case it's enough if I don't draw really bad.If you want to cut smthn, I would cut Bontu the Glorified. It's a sac outlet but for real.. it's not a really good one.Ever After in addition is a really good spell to get two extra creatures out of your graveyard.Lim-Dul the Necromancer can maybe be a good addition too.
1 month ago
I recommend some board wipes and spot removal. You need to have answers for creature hate enchantments and artifacts. Also if a board goes wide like elves, a wipe will help.Here are some cards:
I also know Dragons get a lot of value from recursion engines. One dragon costs more than one recursion spell so they are high value cards. This is more preference but the precon has some you might want to put in.
1 month ago
Was looking at your deck some more, and I have a few more ideas, like upping your demon count and a few reanimation spells liiiiike.....
stuff like that...then you could put in reanimation spells like
Maybe a zombie sub theme and add in Shepherd of Rot
If anything definitely add Anger to your deck
or just throw in 30 Shadowborn Apostle haha
If I repeated any cards already in your deck, I apologize. Either was happy building and kick some ace!!