|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. Each of those creatures is a black Zombie in addition to its other colours and types. Put Ever After on the bottom of its owner's library.
Ever After Discussion
1 day ago
I would take out Ever After as it is a bit slow and I'm not sure you'd ever play it especially in modern (unless this is more of a casual deck which is understandable). I think you can cut out Merciless Eternal too, is it apply enough pressure I think, compared to your other afflict cards. You can take a hint from standard and have Curious Obsession to even further pressure if that's what you like. Also I would change Encrust to better forms of removal such as Cast Down , Murder , Fatal Push or Bedevil . Another addition would be to remove Crippling Chill for Blink of an Eye which I think is better overall as you can remove a creature and force the opponent to play it next turn, or remove something like Ensnaring Bridge or another artifact/enchantment that affects you or your creatures. I hope this helped, and this looks like a super fun deck!
3 weeks ago
Additions to consider - Lim-Dul the Necromancer - Field of the Dead - Cemetery Reaper - Army of the Damned - Zombie Master - Dark Salvation - Noxious Ghoul - Noosegraf Mob - Risen Executioner - Corpse Connoisseur - Gempalm Polluter - Mausoleum Secrets - From Under the Floorboards - Graf Harvest - Call to the Grave - Cabal Stronghold
1 month ago
Suggestions: If you're running payoffs for death triggers and sacrifice outlets, you might want to put in some things you want to sacrifice. Or ways to recur things. Either way, I think we're angling toward a black stompy deck with removal and commander synergy. We should be able to budget-ize this pretty nicely by focusing it as well.
Some cards to try: Maralen of the Mornsong , Wound Reflection , Lashwrithe , Dread Presence , Vilis, Broker of Blood , Scheming Symmetry , Ever After , Killing Wave , Decree of Pain , In Garruk's Wake , Pestilence Demon , Indulgent Tormentor , Painful Quandary , Silence the Believers
2 months ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
2 months ago
I feel like you are just missing staples reanimator staples, and just EDH staples in general.
- Nim Deathmantle
- Buried Alive
- Ever After
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Dance of the Dead
- Doomed Necromancer
- Teneb, the Harvester
- Altar of Dementia
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip
- Meren of Clan Nel Toth
- Extract from Darkness
- Deadbridge Chant
- Command the Dreadhorde
- Leyline of the Void
- Crucible of Worlds
- Deathrite Shaman
- Altar of the Brood
- Glowspore Shaman
- Vampiric Tutor
- Demonic Tutor
- Krosan Grip
3 months ago
I'd say that golgari sacrifice decks are pretty much similar in some way. I run a Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck which is a bit more about reanimation and automill, but still pretty similar to what you would run in yours. I guess you could try and swap out commanders if you have them in your deck (you should). Otherwise, tackling the problem could be done in many ways.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Ever After is even better if you want to step it up a notch
Ever After occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%