|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
In Garruk's Wake
Destroy all creatures you don't control and all planeswalkers you don't control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||bradyofportdetroit , ZombieFood , CAPT.Shock , Antiat , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , ChainerDragon65 , Riders_of_Brohan , zn.tportlock , darthnuchi , Clawsun73 , NobleSlay3r , DrLitebur , Skydra2 , saj0219 , PTsmitty , Reliva , LPrats , philktoken8998 , rakdos24 , Hootiequack , ibraJG84 , accioali , ironax , gildan_bladeborn , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , jstn.mrrtt , sneferie , Myllyes314 , joshw335 , TheRealPeaches , Supremespeed , 8vomit , DudeMan1031|
|Want (3)||Ariumlegion , Zomgasa , Desol4tion|
In Garruk's Wake Discussion
2 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
I mean if you really want we could give you a $20 deck. If you give people a hard number to work around as far as $$$ that would be very helpful.
The first thing I do when I don't want to spend much on a deck is look through my collection for cards that work in the deck. They don't have to be good in the deck they just have to be related to the theme of the deck.
Things I'd say are most important to Jeleva is haste, multiple combat steps, and a lot of mana. I would say Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Aggravated Assault, Mirari, Revel in Riches, and Black Market are all things I would put in most jeleva decks.
She also loves the big dumb spells that don't fit in any other deck. If you have been playing for any length of time you probably have a bunch of those you will never use. In Garruk's Wake is a good example and is less than $1.
2 weeks ago
The most noticeable problems are not enough lands, and not enough board wipes. For more sweepers, I'd consider Boompile, In Garruk's Wake or Necromantic Selection, Kederekt Leviathan or Bearer of the Heavens to unearth, Keldon Firebombers if you're meta has lots of green or flip lands, and definitely Cyclonic Rift. Good call on Magus of the Wheel and Teferi's Veil.
Maybe consider Talisman of Dominance/ Indulgence or Wharf Infiltrator for lower curve. I'd also add more removal because you seem to like death syngergies in this deck. Some initial ideas are Terminate or Dismember to stay on curve, Ruthless Disposal to discard good creatures, Royal Assassin/ Avatar of Woe/ Stronghold Assassin, etc.
Check this out too, especially the Blink section.
Hope this helps! If you need more help, I'm always here
2 weeks ago
I love this idea, but you may want to cut some of the worse planeswalkers for a couple more creature wipes. Concordant Crossroads feels like it may end up helping your opponents more than it helps you, most of the time.
Ideally, you'll be playing too many Planeswalkers for your opponents to keep up with, but it's probably good to have more protection and removal for those that you manage to get out.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Needs 3-4 more lands, I think. I'm talking Dismal Backwater, Dimir Guildgate, and gags Submerged Boneyard if nothing else. Better lands than those in no particular order are Dimir Aqueduct, Temple of the False God, Terramorphic Expanse, Myriad Landscape, and Opal Palace.
Also cards you could take out to put those in: Sphinx's Tutelage is better in a card draw based deck than a mill based deck. Maybe it'll get a dozen or so cards every other game, but I don't really think it's quite worth it. Isochron Scepter is good if you can hook it up with one of your half dozen instants that are worth while imprinting with it and it can go infinite w/ Dramatic Reversal and a Sol Ring or something, but I'm not sold. It's an easy two-for-one if an opponent gets rid of it and I feel like there'd be many situations that it's just a dead card in hand if you don't have one of your instants. I've seen how well Tormod's Crypt has worked, but it doesn't do enough to stay in the deck compared to some of your other "graveyard hate" cards. Plus, many of your other cards (literally) get their power from having stuff in your opponent's yard. Evil Twin isn't as bad as he thinks he is. As a removal spell he's slow and I don't see why you need a Clone in here. Body Double is worth it, though because 8/10 times people will have more creatures in their graveyard than on the battlefield against this deck. Disciple of Deceit feels... untrustworthy. If it works, though, by all means keep it. I'm not familiar enough with the deck to know what you would throw away and what you would want to go find. Maybe Crypt Incursion for the sane reason as Toromod's Crypt? Maybe switch it with Profane Memento? Also, maybe Bontu the Glorified could be cut?
Some other cards you could look out for: Altar of the Brood. Mind Sculpt. Siren of the Silent Song (I really like its draw and mill ability). Dinrova Horror, Far / Away, and Reality Shift are underrated removal spells. Also at least two more board wipes. Cyclonic Rift is just as good, if not better, here as it is anywhere else. In Garruk's Wake is pricy, mana-wise, but pretty nice. Nevinyrral's Disk is a classic. Profaner of the Dead works in here. And there are more at least decent black wipes that you could consider playing. And maybe you didn't think of these couple dudes, but they are good for butts and good in general: Disowned Ancestor, Dragon's Eye Savants and the best blocker of all time Fog Bank.
1 month ago
Hey, looks not bad for me. but i have a few things to mention.
Im not happy with the board clears you've chosen Blasphemous Act is perfect and along with the other two cards ive mentioned one of the best of its color. In Garruk's Wake is a bit costly but fine I think. But i wouldnt play Jokulhaups and Apocalypse. First of all land wipes are one of the most nasty things you can do in Commander and they dont help your gameplan in any way so id get rid of those two.
You dont have much card advantage in your deck. I wouldnt rely on one time effects like Read the Bones repeatable card draw is much better. Id recommend cards such as Phyrexian Arena, Ob Nixilis Reignited and Necropotence
Your mana Curve seems a little odd because you have a lot of 6 and 7 drops which might be ok in a Rakdos deck but you dont have a lot of ways to make your opponents loose life so its relativley hard to cast your commander and to reduce the costs of your high cmc creatures.