|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
In Garruk's Wake
Destroy all creatures you don't control and all planeswalkers you don't control.
In Garruk's Wake Discussion
1 day ago
itsmekidney, I do like the Skull Storm and probably should fine a space for it. The only issue I have with the card it that it has a high cost. Most of my deck is designed to "cheat" the casting cost. It seems like it might often be a Plague Wind or In Garruk's Wake with a nice upside; except against go wide decks where it is worse. I may try it in place of the Plague Wind . As for the other two I'm not really sold on them for this deck, but I hope you can steal some of the ideas I had to build a fun deck. Let me know when yours in finished so I can see how it comes together.
1 week ago
1 week ago
This is really cool, I don't think I've ever seen this as a commander!
Judith, the Scourge Diva seems like it could do serious work in this deck.
I hope that this could give you some things to think about!
1 month ago
Hmm, some good points here hkhssweiss
I usually like In Garruk's Wake because it's asymmetrical, but you pointing it out made me go "wait, I want my creatures to die!"
Cleansing Nova was in here mainly for artifacts and enchantments since has trouble dealing with them, but I suppose I have a few ways to deal with them. If worse comes to worse odds are good that someone else will deal with the threat.
I guess I do already have cards like Krav, the Unredeemed that are better.
Thran Dynamo was a card that I was thinking about, but I agree that I could do without it.
Seraph of the Scales was in here mainly for the afterlife and possibility for deathtouch, but I agree that it's lackluster.
I guess Thrilling Encore is a bit expensive
Maybe one day you will be in a deck Storm Herd . One day . . .
I suppose there are better ways than Nomads' Assembly
I do like the death trigger on Ancient Stone Idol and that fact that its cost can be reduced. A card to consider taking out though
I'm definitely on the edge about Knight of the Last Breath . On one hand it has afterlife and can be a sac outlet, but on the other it's stats are kind of bad.
I feel like Helm of the Host can do good by cloning creatures with death triggers. (My goal is to make a ton of Elenda, the Dusk Rose 's. But I live in Magical Christmas Land most of the time, so who knows if that will happen).
I really appreciate this. Both you and DrkNinja have brought up good points that have really sped this process along!
1 month ago
How about some one sided boardwipes? Plague Wind and In Garruk's Wake come to mind. Also, a very good boardwipe for your deck is Black Sun's Zenith . It usually won't kill your commander, but it will kill everything else.
1 month ago
Here are 20 cards you can consider cutting:
- Ancient Stone Idol - Too high CMC and just a beater.
- Crested Sunmare - I like it but one of your slower weaker cards.
- Falkenrath Noble - You have cheaper same redundant effects.
- Knight of the Last Breath - Way too high CMC, doesn't impact board.
- Meadowboon - Doesn't trigger Teysa.
- Night Incarnate - Not good enough.
- Krav, the Unredeemed - We don't generate that much tokens to be efficient.
- Seraph of the Scales - Good in limited, in EDH she is subpar.
- Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts - Too high cost, and you don't want people to swing at you.
- Vindictive Vampire - Same reason as noble.
- In Garruk's Wake - Too high cost.
- Storm Herd - Just needs to be cut, as no way to free cast or reduce.
- Helm of the Host - Fun card but doesn't synergize efficiently.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - This might actually one day be bad for your game plan.
- Exquisite Blood - not that great by itself and hard to combo off.
- Sanguine Bond - Same as above.
- Nomads' Assembly - There are better ways to make tokens.
- Thrilling Encore - I like this card as well, but most of the time holding up 5 mana is quite hard.
- Cleansing Nova - You already have Merciless Eviction , you don't need two types.
- Thran Dynamo - This might seem weird, but I would rather have a 2 CMC mana rock over this one at times.
Hope that helps cutting!
1 month ago
Yeah for Kess there would be a couple cards you can cut. High CMC instants or sorceries are fine as you can at least cast them later on with Kess, but other high CMC spells I would cut.
Here are some possible cuts I would consider:
- Black Market
- Swarm Intelligence
- Fury Storm
- Echo Storm
- In Garruk's Wake
- Diabolic Revelation
- Decree of Pain
- Blatant Thievery
- Cruel Ultimatum - If you really like this card keep it as it's funny
Hope that helps :)
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking to get Doubling Season eventually - Parallel Lives and Primal Vigor are decent imitations for now. I hadn't considered Vraska, Golgari Queen. I have that one and Vraska, Relic Seeker, which would go well thematically. The others look like good additions too, but I'll need to hunt them down.
Say I do get those cards - which should get removed? New to Commander, especially constructing decks, so I'm not sure what should go. Would I sub Grave Pact for Dictate of Erebos since they do basically the same thing, only a little cheaper? Or remove something else so that I can double dip that effect? In Garruk's Wake for Gaze of Granite or something else to have 2 board wipe type spells?
In Garruk's Wake occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.14%