|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an instant or sorcery card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (44)||perrin515 , that_guy_43 , warcry02 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Poptartz95 , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , zn.tportlock , ironax , fireborne1986 , AAHFI , DrLitebur , kpral , Vasbear1 , SirCorey , Benniator , twistedmage , Mousemke , TheBl0b , The_Dragonmaster , Azdranax , zachi , CastleSiege , MyTotoro , Sparky41 , miracle , LiveForChaos , killstars , burnedbread , marsthesoos , Big-Foot , DruneGrey , dplerner , philktoken8998 , KillDatBUG , mziter501 , angesoir , Justinaut , LTmiller|
|Want (14)||Ariumlegion , xpsychovampx , MouseyWolf , BlueMageBrandon , Fergernuggets , SpaghettiToastBook , Willis1994 , MindAblaze , jamesesdad , Nightdragon779 , No1HanSolo , _raeofsunlight , SirFowler , Galdelonian|
Mystical Tutor Discussion
2 days ago
I like the updated build, I'll post more in depth thoughts on your thread.
There are definitely a few convoluted infinite combos in this deck that can come up. I don't run Capsize for that very reason, but it's an awesome card in this kind of deck. 4 card infinite "oops" type combos are pretty much fine in my group though so I may give Capsize a test run.
I haven't had much luck with Grand Architect personally. I ran it in an early version of the deck but the fact that it can't ramp the majority of my creatures was a bummer. Now that I run Walking Ballista and Memnarch as win conditions I may have to give it another shot.
Sword of Feast and Famine is another interesting include. I may give that a shot as I almost always find I have tons of cards and want more mana.
Stubborn Denial does seem nice on paper but I think it's a trap card. Most of your creatures do turn it on and a 1 mana Negate is awesome, but when you don't have a 4 power creature it's REALLY bad. Counters are the kind of card that ALWAYS need to work as intended so I'd rather just run Negate or something like it.
As far as Arcane Adaptation is concerned, I'm not as high on it as I used to be. I run more non-sphinxes than you (12 if you count my clones) but sometimes it just doesn't pull it's weight. It needs two other cards to function (Unesh and a non-sphinx in hand) and when those things aren't present it's just a wasted spell. I've been toying with the idea of cutting it in favor of Blue Sun's Zenith. That said, you only really need it to hit once per game for it to pull it's weight and when it does hit multiple times it feels amazing.
I ran Oracle's Vault and Edifice of Authority in my first build of the deck, but cut them quickly because they are pretty weak without untappers online. If I were to power down my list I'd probably put them back in because they are really fun, but they just don't pull enough weight in my current list.
4 days ago
omg the instant speed tutor for unlimited mana and instant kill with 4 or more counters and 5 or 6 mana. kinda awesome when someone says ok i am swinging at you, what ur life total 22 ok swinging for 25. ok in response Firemind's Foresight for 3cmc Seething Song 2cmc Comet Storm 1cmc Mystical Tutor then Mystical Tutor for Reiterate. i had Steady Progress to draw it then cast Seething Song then Reiterate buyback and loop it for infinate red manna then dump it all into Comet Storm kick it for each player and gg.
on Oloro Stuff
5 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 week ago
Completely missed that in the description. Thank you MaximumNoobage, for catching that. I fixed it and added the possibilities of Mystical Tutor. I am kinda lazy when it comes to my descriptions, and add them slowly.
1 week ago
max hand size
gy to lib
1 week ago
I too am a fan of the Twiddle bird. I was super intrigued when I saw Aetherflux Reservoir but then I didn't see and engine for it. I highly recommend Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter and Enlightened Tutor, Tezzeret the Seeker , and Mystical Tutor to find it faster. You already have some good draw engines here some extra tutors will just streamline the process.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 4 | 636 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
2 weeks ago
// Mishra EDH
// 52 Maindeck// 9 Artifact
// 11 Creature
// 6 Enchantment
// 5 Instant
// 1 Land
// 6 Planeswalker
// 14 Sorcery
// 2 Sideboard// 1 Artifact
// 1 Creature
SB: Tavern Swindler
So I am attempting to build a coin flip edh deck and would love some help. I chose Mishra because I am Possibility Storm's #! fan. I also like the colors R/B/U for this theme. Black can help get my pieces in hand. Anyways the win con idea here had to be original becuase Im a Jimmy player, and casual so no infinite's or anything we have all seen before a million times. The win con so far is Mirror Gallery+Krark's Thumb+Phyrexian Metamorph/Clever Impersonator/etc+Game of Chaos. With Mirror Gallery out I can get two Krark's Thumbs from anything similar to Phyrexian Metamorph. This way when I play Game of Chaos I can flip 4 coins and basically ignore three and choose one each time. This makes my chances 15/16 times I win the flip. Doing the math, Game of Chaos can kill anyone by 6-7 winning flips. As you can see this deck is screwy but that's the point. It's a coin flip deck, and that means there has to be a sense of risk and reward. I welcome all ideas and criticism, so I urge you to just drop down any idea that comes to your mind.
Upon further tinkering I have added more ways to get multiple Krark's Thumbs by using Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast and/or Saheeli Rai. They can produce more than 2 thumbs possibly and Krark's Thumb is exponential basically with each duplicate. With 2 thumbs when I flip I coin, instead flip four and choose one. So if I have 3 or 4 or (god so help me 5) thumbs what are my odds now and how can this affect my deck? Well I'll show you a couple things in a bit.
Krark's Thumb(s) Growth Data
Thumbs and possible outcomes
0: H v T
1: HT v HH v TH v TT
2: HHHH v HHHT v HHTH v HHTT v HTTT v HTHH v HTHT v HTTH v TTTT v TTTH v TTHH v THHH v THHT v THTH v TTHT v THTT
3: 8 flips and it makes 256 outcomes trust me for now...
BY NOW I hope you see how Krark's unholy thumb is exponential and so a simple way to think about the thumb and how many flips I get is 2 to the power 0 plus X which is equal to the number of thumbs so:
F=2*(0+X) (note: tappedout wont show the normal smybol used for exponent placement so I replaced it with an asterisk please dont get confused and call me dumb)
So if I have no thumbs I only get one flip and if I have 6 thumbs I get 64 flipping flips! Also the number of possibilities is the number of previous possibilities squared. In the example above it shows:
0 thumbs = 1 flips = 2 probabilities
1 thumbs = 2 flips = 4 probabilities
2 thumbs = 4 flips = 16 probabilities
3 thumbs = 8 flips = 256 probabilities
4 thumbs = 16 flips = 65536 probabilities
5 thumbs = 32 flips = 4294967296 probabilities
Having all these thumbs can be used to do possibly the most damage from a nonX spell with Game of Chaos(up to um millions, billions, possibly trillions? I'll do the math in a bit) or with Impulsive Maneuvers no one can damage you and they deal double to each other or you deal double damage to them.
So Game of Chaos doesn't end until a player chooses to end it and not flip again doubling the stakes. This means that the target player and I can have negative life totals and keep on doubling the stakes giving me a possible chance to have an insane amount of life.
UPDATE 2/9/18 - Updated list and would really like suggestions to make the deck's strategy viable. Please overview the list of possible cards and give input into what you think might be optimal or honestly whatever comes to your mind just say it!
2 weeks ago
You'll want Cyclonic Rift. It's one of the best tempo cards in EDH. Also, if you're going for control as your theme you're probably going to want more counter magic, like Counterspell. Swords to Plowshares is also good.
Another thing to think about is whether or not the lifegain strategy is going to work given the current control shell. Maybe you could mill yourself out and with with Laboratory Maniac, which is pretty easy to do, as an alternate win condition.
Some other cards to consider: Mind's Dilation, Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Rhystic Study, Consecrated Sphinx, Sphinx's Revelation, Blue Sun's Zenith, As Foretold, Mystical Tutor, Baleful Strix.