|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an instant or sorcery card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||perrin515 , that_guy_43 , warcry02 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Poptartz95 , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , mziter501 , zn.tportlock , philktoken8998 , ironax , NostalgicAce , fireborne1986 , dplerner , DrLitebur , Mousemke , AAHFI , Benniator , TheBl0b , Vasbear1 , DruneGrey , zachi , Justinaut , LTmiller , HR19|
|Want (15)||Ariumlegion , xpsychovampx , MouseyWolf , BlueMageBrandon , Fergernuggets , jtaddeo , SpaghettiToastBook , Willis1994 , _raeofsunlight , MindAblaze , Nightdragon779 , tlhunter07 , hardhitta71194 , hwagner , Galdelonian|
Mystical Tutor Discussion
12 hours ago
Doubling Season Deepglow Skate Primal Vigor Vorel of the Hull Clade Xenagos, God of Revels I would take out the direct damage cards they don't really flow with the synergy of the deck. I would also add a few of the cheaper tutors like Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor and Mystical Tutor so you can set up your board to maximize your +1+1's and protect them, and throw in a counter spell or 2 for some protection.
4 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
6 days ago
6 days ago
Hey there! The deck looks good overall, it looks very fun.
A couple of ideas I had looking through your list - you are running a couple of miracles cards like Entreat the Angels and Temporal Mastery, maybe a few ways to enable those cards on command is in order?
In my "miracles" Dakkon Blackblade build I run Sensei's Divining Top, Brainstorm, and Scroll Rack for some library manipulation, plus Mystical Tutor as a way to miracle on command. Just some thoughts!
1 week ago
I love seeing another Talrand user. The deck looks pretty good. +1 from me. A few suggestions...
Capsize Win condition that is very useful, especially late game.
Memory Lapse goes well with isochron scepter and is a hard counter for 2
Your avg CMC seems a little bit high, so adding cheaper counter spells will allow you to counter something when it matters most.
Blatant Thievery is a great card for multiplayer
Temporal Manipulation and Time Warp are useful because you have talrand out, cast it, get a drake, do whatever, end the turn. Then have another turn to play a land (blue's way of ramping) and the drake you casted last turn with the extra turn can now attack.
Back to Basics and Overburden help slow your opponents down (Note: overburden won't trigger on your tokens so thats good). Moreover, you have too many creatures for a talrand deck. I can recommend some options of what to take out (creatures and others) if you like.
Speaking of creatures, while we don't want to have to many in the deck, some are worth their weight in gold such as Consecrated Sphinx, Snapcaster Mage (can be reused with Riptide Laboratory, which can also be used for talrand) and Torrential Gearhulk
Ramp. There are a lot of options, some of which you already have. One I like in particular is Sky Diamond because it allows Talrand to come out on turn 3.
I don't know your budget/meta/competitive level but if you want more ideas, feel free to look at my deck Tisk Tisk Talrand.
1 week ago
thanks for the input! I must say I'd like to use my commander a bit more to win. When I play Rashmi, I just use it as a 2/3 card advantage generator to get to resolve a big Primal Surge and put my whole deck into play (yes, I only have Surge + Mystical Tutor as non-permanent cards and that's the combo right there). I win thx to her but not WITH her if you know what I mean. Urabrask is pretty off the radar too and I like fringe cards but I'd still prefer using my commander as a cornerstone of the deck (my little brother plays Omnath, Locus of Mana and it's just wonderful).
Delta-117 thanks I'll let you know if I need a decklist refined ;)
Wiggins having any Praetor draws attention? Because off all of them, Urabrask seems like the least strong honestly. I mean Sheoldred is just disgusting, Vorinclex is annyoing af, Jin-Gitaxias is pretty lame and Elesh Norn is OK but really expensive. I'd want to play a commander that sticks around and helps me deal damage. Dammit we're playing after all!
1 week ago
Take out: Gut Shot, Mutagenic Growth, Mystical Tutor, Merchant Scroll, Enigma Drake, Spellheart Chimera, Vivid Crag.
Add: Delver of Secrets Flip, Remand, Electrolyze, Grim Lavamancer, and maybe Condescend and Shard Volley or Rift Bolt or Searing Blaze which ever one you prefer. If you got the money Goblin Guide, Cryptic Command, and more Snapcaster Mage's. Sideboard could use some of these Spell Snare, Breaking Point, Flames of the Blood Hand, Sudden Shock and maybe Vendilion Clique and/or a Bribery to steal Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Progenitus from an opponents deck. Guile Is a cool card as well.
2 weeks ago
Excellent Simic deck, my wife runs a Prime deck I built for her, she demolishes with it too. Zegana is one of the most underrated Commanders of all time in my opinion. Got a few ideas of some creatures she runs that could interest you.
Thassa, God of the Sea and Nylea, God of the Hunt are great for Zegana. Getting to 5 devotion is a cake walk once Zegana hits the field, and they can be picked once Zegana enters if they become creatures once she does. Pretty boss.
Rhonas the Indomitable is another power card for ridiculously cheap casting cost. Zegana's long list of creatures that go tall is something Rhonas can fully take advantage of too.
Mystical Tutor seems like it would be a wonderful card for this deck, plenty of outstanding sorceries and instants to choose to grab in this deck. Any reason it's on the sideline? I personally love using it in conjuction with Temporal Mastery. Who cares if it exiles itself, it's an extra turn for two mana, which is f*cking crazy.
I'm having a hard time coming up with cards to swap out for those suggestions, quite the impressive deck indeed. I'll think on it more as I continue to evolve my Zegana deck as well. A well deserved +1 from me :)