|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Signature Spellbook: Jace (SS1)||Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an instant or sorcery card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
|Have (6)||, Psycheretic , gosora , Skulldrey , Zyrook , Vasbear1|
|Want (19)||telepaper , crazyparty24 , jonnhytheweed , Maalikapula , ausername , Xemnas14 , Arcashine , Jagdpanther001 , Bobomaster , TheVoice , mattsfatt , Sorgol , drowninja321 , cantcmenoobz , TheTimCan , Chrizz , JollyGyarados , emobob , Carn13|
Mystical Tutor Discussion
16 hours ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
3 days ago
Jaytron: Karn will slow us a lot by disabling our manarocks, moxes and artifact lands. But we will still be proactive. With Karn as an oathbreaker, I will mulligan away my manarocks, or loot them to get more lands. Saheeli beatdown plan is still possible.
The table could turn Archenemy against the Karn player in fear of Lattice, which could put us under the radar and save us some time to expanse our board presence.
The only interaction I see against Karn is Role Reversal : take the Karn in exchange of one of our PW. That move will shut down their manarocks.
Or try to damage the Karn with some Thopter tokens, and finish it with Hour of Devastation .
Mystical Tutor might help finding silver bullets against Karn.
3 days ago
5 days ago
Mind if I join you on the tier list? I've considered making one.
So far the best variant has been:
SCORE: 2 | 109 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
The other best lists I have seen in the format are:
Tezzeret the Seeker / Thoughtcast (Use Tezzeret to fetch Aetherflux Reservoir , but there are some variants that use Clockspinning with it and fetch Paradox Engine , or variants of The Chain Veil combo, idk.)
Past that, a tier 2 would be:
1 week ago
A few suggestions, and I'll try to break it down by category.
Ramp - A good rule of thumb here is cost or less (3 drop is ok if it adds more than 1 mana like Basalt Monolith, Worn Powerstone , and Coalition Relic ). Fellwar Stone , Pentad Prism , and Talisman of Progress are your best rocks you're missing. Crystal Vein and Generator Servant are also great here. Fire/Marble/Sky Diamonds, Darksteel Ingot, Commander's Sphere, and Gilded Lotus need to go. 6 out for 6 in not counting the land.
I'd also work on adding all 8 extra combat spells to the deck asap.
Cuts I'd suggest - Both Jaces, Rings of Brighthearth (does not work with Narset), Knowledge Exploitation, Mind Scult, Star of Extinction, Startled Awake, Stolen Goods, Weight of Memory, Fated Retribution, Mycosinth Latice, and the mana rocks I already suggested dropping.
1 week ago
Hey, my suggestions are to improve the manabase. Lands $5 or less each to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Cascading Cataracts
- Spire of Industry
- Prairie Stream
- Sunken Hollow
- Port Town
- Choked Estuary
- Caves of Koilos
- Underground River
- Seat of the Synod
- Vault of Whispers
- Ancient Den
Other cards to consider adding:
- Chromatic Lantern : helps with color fixing for Sen's ability.
- Fellwar Stone
- Smothering Tithe : treasures are artifacts and can be saced for any color of mana.
- Rhystic Study
- Mystic Remora
- Mystical Tutor
- Enlightened Tutor
- Demonic Tutor
- Anguished Unmaking
- Thief of Sanity
- Baleful Strix
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Phyrexian Metamorph
Cuts to consider:
- Meandering River
- Submerged Boneyard
- Rupture Spire
- Temple of the False God
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Akroma, Angel of Wrath
- Frost Titan
- Magister Sphinx
- Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
- Sphinx of the Steel Wind
- Sphinx Summoner
- Finale of Glory
- Argentum Armor
- Obelisk of Esper
- Hedron Archive
1 week ago
Or just play Mystical Tutor and tutor for approach and have additional utility.
1 week ago
I feel like tutors would need to be at least banned from being the signature spell because really what would be stopping someone from just using Teferi, Time Raveler and any blue searcher like Merchant Scroll or Mystical Tutor .
Mystical Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.19%
W/U (Azorius): 1.7%
U/B (Dimir): 1.22%
U/R (Izzet): 1.25%
G/U (Simic): 0.97%
W/U/B (Esper): 1.17%
U/B/R (Grixis): 1.07%
BUG (Sultai): 0.6%