|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled (V09)||Mythic Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an instant or sorcery card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (50)||perrin515 , that_guy_43 , warcry02 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Poptartz95 , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , MrCrazzyc , TehDelta , zn.tportlock , ironax , fireborne1986 , AAHFI , DrLitebur , Vasbear1 , Benniator , Mousemke , The_Dragonmaster , TheLazyGrim , TheBl0b , dplerner , twistedmage , Hellsing , kpral , Jauntu , Azdranax , ACCG , CastleSiege , MyTotoro , LiveForChaos , killstars , burnedbread , DruneGrey , Skulldrey , marsthesoos , kaboomeow , themindbullet , Shiromakuro , Sparky41 , rikertchu , zachi , admizell , philktoken8998 , mziter501 , angesoir , Justinaut , LTmiller|
|Want (18)||Ariumlegion , xpsychovampx , MouseyWolf , BlueMageBrandon , Fergernuggets , Willis1994 , MindAblaze , jamesesdad , ryuzaki32667 , SirFowler , Big-Foot , metljoe , Nightdragon779 , No1HanSolo , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , Cunningcrow , Azdranax , Galdelonian|
Mystical Tutor Discussion
3 days ago
defwalter_white, the Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots are in the deck to protect Jhoira of the Ghitu, since she's a target as soon as she hits the field. I guess it'd help if I threw a Laboratory Maniac in the fray to assist with the Enter the Infinite card. I figured that if I have my entire library in my hand, that I'd be able to come up with something to close the game out before I drew my final card. Hasn't come up in a game yet.
I try to avoid tutoring in many of my decks. Tutoring removes a lot of the variety, and with it, some of the challenge of piloting a deck. I mean, I could throw the ol' Isochron Scepter and Mystical Tutor combo in there and tutor up every spell I could want, but that kills a lot of the variability of the deck.
As for the Eldrazi, not sure if you just missed them or what, but they are definitely in the deck. I've got all of the good legendary ones in there, and a fair amount of non-legendary ones too. I think the only legendary one I'm missing is Emrakul, the Promised End, and that's because she sucks.
Mystic Remora and Rhystic Study are indeed great for card draw, but don't really fit in the theme of the deck. I've got Arcanis the Omnipotent, Jori En, Ruin Diver, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, and Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius included in the deck for card draw purposes.
Thanks a bunch for all of the suggestions! You've certainly given me plenty to consider and think about!
3 days ago
why include the greaves and boots when suspended creatures get haste? also what's the win con for enter the infinite? i don't see a reason not to run time stretch either. no shame in running a few counterspells for personal protection, or tutors for protection or bigger spells you want to cast. Mystic Remora and Rhystic Study are excellent card draw cards for gas, and no edh deck is complete without some kind of card draw. Personal Tutor Mystical Tutor Merchant Scroll and Gamble are great includes maybe even Drift of Phantasms to find rhystic study or Dizzy Spell to find remora. and ill assume some of the eldrazi aren't in here cause you can't afford them. other than that awesome deck dude looks fun to pilot i might build one myself
3 days ago
5 days ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
6 days ago
I like what your doing here. Never thought to use Hellkite Tyrant with Mycosynth Lattice
But I do have a few recommendations for you that might help.I see you have Sensei's Divining Top. You could run Cloud Key + Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top combo, You can Draw your whole deck, and if you add Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter You can cast you whole deck if you have mana rocks out.
And here's a list of just good cards that might work well with this deck:
- The Antiquities War
- Demonic Tutor
- Storm the Vault
- Trinket Mage
- Mystical Tutor
- Diabolic Tutor
- Voltaic Key
- Paradox Engine
- Mana Vault
- Basalt Monolith
- Isochron Scepter
- Future Sight
- Dramatic Reversal
Hope this was helpful to you
Happy Brewing -Ore
1 week ago
I'm honestly struggling a bit. I'm really not familiar with the deck.
The most obvious thing I'm not seeing that would streamline a deck like this is tutors. Obviously Demonic and Vampiric Tutors are best (albeit expensive) but you're in the 3 next best colors for tutors and have options for pretty much any spell. Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Chord of Calling, Green Sun's Zenith, Eladamri's Call, and creatures like Recruiter of the Guard, Protean Hulk, and Fierce Empath. Running tutors allows you to count it as a 2nd copy of several effects as it covers redundancy like a champ.
Another thing I'm noticing is very little ramp/Mana fixing and your manabase could use some tlc. I'd probably go with Birds of Paradise, Farseek, Ash Barrens, and probably Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claim because they put the lands in untapped.
I'd drop any colorless lands like Temple of the False God, Alchemist's Refuge, High Market and Reliquary Tower just because you're 4 colors. I'd add more basics (to support a few of the above cards) and Reflecting Pool, City of Brass, and Mana Confluence just for the mana fixing.
Anyways, off to bed. Hope I helped, and good luck.
1 week ago
Here's my Rashmi deck if you ever want to check it out.
It's a personal unique build (at least I've not found anything that looks even remotely like it). The goal is to keep Rashmi in play (pretty weak so never targeted) and abuse her card advantage ability.
It can also win out of nowhere with Primal Surge where you cast it (can be tutored with Mystical Tutor) to put basically the whole deck into play. Everytime it happens I win the game, but it's a very fragile combo so people are usually OK with them being 'comboed out'.
On a side note, the deck cost me about 120 euros.
1 week ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)