At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$2.5||$4.31||$7.79||$7.5||0.69 TIX||1.05 TIX|
|Have (15)||ducttapedeckbox , canterlotguardian , addaff , pskinn01 , simson475 , jwe94 , Ocheyo , Grantley91 , Jelatinator , Mazzuno , Tiddilywinkus , geazykagar , OverloadBeta , fireborne1986 , TheAlexGnan|
|Want (3)||Explotography , Galdelonian , FraserWM|
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
7 hours ago
Oh man, the rack was my first Modern deck, and is still my baby.! love it.
I'm wondering why you run creatures with Ensnaring Bridge?
Other than that good run at the rack, I like it.!
1 day ago
The sideboard needs work. I'd probably use something like:
- 2x Crypt Incursion/Bloodchief Ascension
- 1x Dismember
- 1x Slaughter Pact
- 3x Fulminator Mage / Rain of Tears
- 2x Darkblast
- 4x Surgical Extraction/Grafdigger's Cage
- 1x Throat Slitter
- 1x Pithing Needle
This probably needs some fine-tuning and adjustments, but
2 days ago
With Exquisite Blood, Maralen of the Mornsong heals you back up on your opponent's upkeep. If you're running that, you can also run the infinite combo of Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond. Bloodchief Ascension would be pretty cool with Maralen of the Mornsong as well, not to mention having a combo with Mindcrank! Combos are even easy to assemble since your commander tutors for everything!
2 days ago
Personally, I'd cut Syphon Life for another Abrupt Decay. That card is BONKERS. Either that, or cut Syphon Life and Bloodchief Ascension for 2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang. I have preached on how it is Tarmogoyf+, and it closes out games fast. You also have the cards (Liliana of the Veil, Smallpox, cheap hand removal, fetches) that can power him out T3-T4 in your list. And drawing the cards later might just be a wincon.
I like Syphon Life as more of a sideboard card, but not in mainboard. I'd rather have more efficient threats than a retracable card. If you want the lifegain end, go with Feed the Clan and dump stuff with LOLTroll. If the lifeloss end is more valuable, Tasigur is much better, since he beats down hard, can be less of an investment, and generates card advantage.
4 days ago
Fair enough, everyone plays differently. Another one you might want to consider would be Bloodchief Ascension. Solid card, it would go off quite quickly.
5 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hmm, discard for everyone? Could try some Hellbent effects; looking through them, there doesn't seem to be many good ones, but you never know what can be helpful at times or not. Good ones seem to be Infernal Tutor, Rakdos Pit Dragon, Demonfire (fits flavor wise with Malfegor), Anthem of Rakdos (I'd imagine this would kill someone very quickly with commander damage), Jagged Poppet (it's meh, but if you're having them discard stuff to for effects that we'll get to in a sec, it might not be that bad), and Ragamuffyn (I love her name, might have to get one just because of that lol).
Since the other commentors also seem to be leaning towards making your opponents discard as well, why not use cards that get value off of that? Such as Waste Not, Liliana's Caress, Megrim, Sangromancer, and Bloodchief Ascension. Sire Of Insanity and Painful Quandary can help with this. Other effects you can use are Madness and Flashback effects, of which I don't have time to look up at the moment. Looks fun and frustrating to play against, unless they have Sigarda, then good luck... :D
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Zur's Weirding + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Liliana's Caress
- Altar of Dementia + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Memory Jar
- Bloodchief Ascension + Pulse Tracker
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mindcrank
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Grind
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Funeral
- Bloodchief Ascension + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Bloodchief Ascension + Psychic Spiral
- Bloodchief Ascension + Whispering Madness
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mesmeric Orb
- Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Painful Quandary
- Bloodchief Ascension + Volt Charge
- Bloodchief Ascension + Ill-Gotten Gains
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nekusar, the Mindrazer
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nephalia Drownyard
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nekusar, the Mindrazer + Wheel and Deal
- Altar of Dementia + Altar of the Brood + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Deathcult Rogue
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mogis, God of Slaughter