At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
1 day ago
Also, amazing and very creative deck! Thanks for sharing :)
4 days ago
x2 Polluted Delta 18$ each
x2 Flooded Strand 17$ each
x1 Phyrexian Unlife 14$
x3 Wall of Omens 3$ each
x1 Griselbrand 12$
x2 Death's Shadow 7$ each
x2 Bloodchief Ascension 5$ each
x4 Simian Spirit Guide 5$ each
x4 Wild Nacatl 3$ each
x1 Breeding Pool 13$
x1 Raging Ravine 16$
x1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 10$
x3 Pendelhaven 13$ each
x2 Thoughtseize 15$ each
Or best offer! Looking to sell as my financial situation sucks right now so Ill be willing to cut prices. Hit me up!
5 days ago
6 days ago
1 week ago
Just some ideas...
Psychic Strike might also be worth considering because of the added mill.
I hope it helped! :D
3 weeks ago
I got a Nekusar Wheel Deck myself, love it :)
I would cut:
- Breathstealer's Crypt: Average damage too low compared to alternatives.
- Vision Skeins: Doesn't do enough.
- Jace Beleren: It's a Temple Bell, doesn't do enough.
- Kami of the Crescent Moon: Worse than a Temple Bell.
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor: I don't feel he fits in this deck, but I would probably play him as well if I had him :)
- Magus of the Jar: If you need space, he is a bit clunky and expensive.
- Nin, the Pain Artist: You don't have room for targeted removal (that is also very mana intense, even though you are short on ramp).
- Sensei's Divining Top: You have no space for it.
- Anvil of Bogardan: Not a big fan, but could be fine.
- Bloodchief Ascension: Seems like a no-brainer. It's activated quickly in a multiplayer game and then it's an awesome discard punisher + it triggers not only off of discard.
- Ill-Gotten Gains: It's mass discard for the discard punishers and allows to pick up some of the wheeled away cards. I ended some games with Gains + a picked up wheel effect. I also play Bojuka Bog to get rid of any sort of disruption the opponents could pick up.
- Mass bounce: Especially Evacuation but also other mass bounce effects are extremely powerful with the wheel spells.
- Notion Thief: Any wheel effect and you're almost done!
- More ramp
- Chandra Ablaze: Another Wheel, though a bit expensive and you seem to have enough.
- Misdirection: I just love the card for commander, because it's so much fun to blow someone out with it.
- Scroll Rack: I love it with all the wheels, but it's an old expensive card. Library of Leng could be also nice, but never tried it.
There are more really good cards that i didn't mention, but I don't have those (mainly because they are rare old cards). I didn't look at the mana base.
I try to build around the wheels. I add a whole bunch of wheel effects, so I'm certain I will get a few of them in each game (you got that covered). Then I add some punishers that can win me the game (also covered). I also got some ramp to set up massive wheel turns quicker (which I feel is a bit short in your list). For control we differ a lot. Sigil of Sleep interacts very well with the pain creatures like Nekusar, the Mindrazer, but I prefer cards like Evacuation. They interact well with the wheels, that are the core of the build and also work fine on their own (which makes it more consistent). Also, I play more mass removal like Devastation Tide or Damnation, since people are going to play plenty of stuff with all that card draw you provide. I make room for ramp and mass removal by cutting most of the Temple Bell/Howling Mine effects you play. They give your opponents a lot of resources but wither them down very slowly.
TL;DR: Less Temple Bell, more mass removal and more ramp to go off quicker with the wheels.
About Elder Mastery: It's hard to achieve the lock, but might be worth running. If you do though, everyone will hate you. It's like infinite turns, you won't make any friends that way. That's why I wouldn't run it.
3 weeks ago
Add Barbed Shocker, Shocker, Dragon Mage, Kami of the Crescent Moon. Kederekt Parasite, Whispering Madness, Waste Not, Phyrexian Tyranny, Forced Fruition. Wheel of Fortune, Windfall, Psychosis Crawler, Bloodchief Ascension, ecc...