At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$3.25||$4.32||$7.79||$7.13||0.56 TIX||0.42 TIX|
|Have (12)||TheBoraxKid , jwe94 , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , GrandeKhan , Jelatinator , canterlotguardian , TheRealPeaches , Grantley91 , Schmawl , quesobueno123 , kylespearsisdead|
|Want (2)||Galdelonian , Explotography|
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
8 hours ago
Given that the new plan is to be a semi-reanimator deck, I don't see any way to consistently place Iona in the graveyard...
1 day ago
so i get where your coming from. angels are stupid pricey but if you are have 2 of some of the most expensive angels already as far as $ then y not get rid of them for a few more cards that may not be as powerful but you would get more bang for your buck. idk thats just me but anyways i like angels they are pretty fun. instead of me trying to explain things (i suck at that) just look at my decks there are better angels then the ones u have and better spells to help out your commander as well nothing but war Come At Me as far as mana goes yes there are some angels that are up there to but since you have three colors use that to help u ramp as much as possible and it'll help u get stuff out there faster and they will be big bad creatures almost all of the time. a necessary sacrifice this deck has some removal you should consider just ignore the creatures
definitely get rid of Defeat its to situational get rid of Mardu Runemark it dosnt do enough, u don't even have any creatures that benefit from it enough. use Phyrexian Arena ya its a BB but it pays off so much more put Blind Obedience Bloodchief Ascension and Dark Ritual in for sure tho
i know i said a lot lol but look at some of it if you like what u see up vote my stuff to haha and if you have questions or anything just msg me
2 days ago
+1 for a great deck. I thought about this combo a few years ago, and this is the first time I saw it since. I only have one problem with the deck: it is too slow and succeptable to Control. You have nothing (like seriously nothing) to protect your Duskmantle Guildmage. I recommend to either switch to Bloodchief Ascension (Not probable) or to run a full panel of protection and fast cards (Easy to do). Remove 1x Phenax, God of Deception, 1x Sire of Stagnation, 4x Tome Scour, 4x Dimir Aqueduct, 4x Island, 4x Swamp, 1x Jace, Memory Adept, 3x Doom Blade, and 3x Ultimate Price. The first two are WAY to slow for Modern. You do not need 16 basic lands, or the Aquaducts. Finally, you run WAY to much removal. Next, add 4x Underground River, 4x Darkslick Shores, and 4x Watery Grave as they are all relatively cheap and come in untapped. Then, add 4x Thought Scour for cantriping and still being able to activate your combo. Also add 2x more of Mind Funeral, as it is a good card. Next, run a full playset of Countersquall, as it will protect you. Finally, add 2x more Master of the Feast, as he is a good beater. After all of that, you will still be perfectly balanced and have a faster deck (not to mention it still being pretty cheap). Trust me, you can now be competitive, cheap, and have you combo in the Modern format.
If you wish, you can check out my Mill-ish deck:
2 days ago
I want the full jund shell with a proper not-as-good-as-goyf substitute.. There isnt one that feels right.. Im sure I could throw something in there.. :(
Also I fully expect my Living End deck to work once in my meta.
Before those with all the $$$ they need swap decks to beat me or sideboard everything they need to win.I mean, I got the Durdle Titan Maze guy sideboarding Rule of Law and the deck isnt even built yet..
..and the one guy who built vamps with Bloodchief Ascension the day after I played a casual game with the deck.. -.-
3 days ago
Ok, some tips based on my experience playing this commander:
- Run Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. That's some crazy ramp right there. You can grab one with Expedition Map or something, then tutor or draw into the other one. Black Market is also very good ramp. Run Crypt Ghast too (before anyone asks, it is legal in a deck with this color identity) and you've got more than you'll know what to do with.
- Or you can use it to cast Rise of the Dark Realms, which is on-theme, hilarious, and often game-ending. Just the ETB effects on the stolen creatures can sometimes seal a win for you.
- Altar of Dementia is better IMO than Altar of the Brood and is also a sac outlet, something any EDH deck needs.
- Mindcrank and Duskmantle Guildmage go infinite together and are also good on their own. Bloodchief Ascension works too.
- Undead Alchemist shuts off some decks while also giving you creatures.
- Wrexial, the Risen Deep steals instants and sorceries, and is unblockable with Urborg on the table.
- I've had good results with Sphinx's Tutelage. It's especially hard on mono-colored decks. It rewards you for doing something you already want to.
- For removal, throw in some boardwipes. Decree of Pain, Life's Finale, Plague Wind, Black Sun's Zenith... all good. And Cyclonic Rift belongs in every EDH deck running blue.
- Add some tutors. Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Tutor, Increasing Ambition and Dark Petition are budget options. Liliana Vess can also get stuff for you.
- Some enchantments will be a problem for you. The new Scour from Existence can deal with those. So can Spine of Ish Sah.
I'm still working on tuning my list and I'm down to share notes.
3 days ago
This deck looks fun! I see the concept of it, and I was wondering have you tried Bloodchief Ascension with it?
oh, and +1
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nekusar, the Mindrazer
- Zur's Weirding + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mindcrank
- Altar of Dementia + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Grave Pact
- Bloodchief Ascension + Memory Jar
- Bloodchief Ascension + Pulse Tracker
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Grind
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Funeral
- Bloodchief Ascension + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Bloodchief Ascension + Psychic Spiral
- Bloodchief Ascension + Whispering Madness
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mesmeric Orb
- Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Painful Quandary
- Bloodchief Ascension + Ill-Gotten Gains
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nephalia Drownyard
- Bloodchief Ascension + Nekusar, the Mindrazer + Wheel and Deal
- Bloodchief Ascension + Mogis, God of Slaughter
- Bloodchief Ascension + Liliana's Caress
- Altar of Dementia + Altar of the Brood + Bloodchief Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Volt Charge
- Bloodchief Ascension + Pyromancer Ascension
- Bloodchief Ascension + Deathcult Rogue