|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||ericalt91 , ZombieFood , KillDatBUG , Kvothe1115 , geazykagar , Ocheyo , MattN7498 , Nemesis , dplerner , fireborne1986|
|Want (6)||, Hootiequack , Ariumlegion , ChrisH , Psycheretic , Ace_Kavu|
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
3 days ago
@man1ac Nice observations. I came mostly to same concluisons. I have been tuning my deck yesterday based on some games we had with our playgroup recently.
Totally agree on targeted removal. Myself, I prefer Pongify, Snuff Out (free removal so more mana to use the God) and Curtains' Call (as it takes out two creatures unconditionaly. Some other observations I had:
1) You may end up playing against spell decks, had a hard time playing against Glissa and combo Hanna, Ship's Navigator. both reccuring artifacts and enchantments from the graveyard. So you need a beatdown plan and also gravehate for other than creatures. Therefore I added Withered Wretch
6) Memory Plunder continues to impress. Played Toxic Deluge in opponents combat phase or Krosan Grip to take out a combo piece I wouldnt be otherwise able to ged rid of. This card is an all-star in the deck.
3 days ago
Been playtesting a lot and made already some changes which were suggested here:
Dreamborn Muse : Awesome card, even lategame just awesome. The mill is exactly what you need and even with a lot of GY hate there will always be stuff to exile an get back.
Illusionist's Bracers: Dropped Rings for this one cause it comes for free and often is forgotten because its just an Equipment. For me the cheaper and suprisinigly stronger card.
Shepherd of Rot: Had him online but he only puts a clock on the game cause I will drain myself with. Lost 2 games because of him because of some crazy Creature Pump on the other side with added up with my Shepherd. Went for Noxious Ghoul instead.
Bloodchief Ascension: In combination with Dreamborn Muse brutal card, ou will need a Counterspell for both to keep them alive a little bit. Can win games a little bit dirty but for the fun for it I will play it as long is I am allowed in my playgroup :D
And totally agree on Fleshbag Marauder - but I only like him at max turn 5. Otherwise they will be stuff there that people won't mind sacing (Tokens)
In my opinion the deck needs at least 2-3 cards of direct card removal to get little more control over the overall board situation. Mutilate / Go for the Throat // Barter in Blood may be worth a shot?
4 days ago
Jagd_Tallgeese: I totally forgot about Mindcrank! Especially with Duskmantle Guildmage or Bloodchief Ascension. Let's see if I can find something to remove for it. Don't know if I want to put in more graveyard hate only for Meren, maybe if the deck gets too oppressive. Cemetery Reaper reminded me of The Scarab God, maybe hes gonna make the cut.
4 days ago
I like this deck a lot! I've been thinking about making an Oona deck for about three years now, and this looks like a good intersection of budget and quality.
I see you already have the Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth for an infinite mana combo. You could add Bloodchief Ascension for infinite life loss and mill when active and combined with Mindcrank.
Another idea would be Training Grounds. It gives you 2 extra cards of mill every time you use Oona.
You could think about adding The Scarab God , too. He combos well with Oona's mill, allowing you to recur and remove problematic creatures in your opponents' graves. His cost is also reduced by Training Grounds.
Liquimetal Coating allows creatures with activated abilities to be targeted by Grand Architect. Imagine using Oona to create Faeries, then tap those Faeries for more mana to activate her ability with, then tap those new Faeries to do the same, etc. You can do it as long as you have colored mana stored up and are generating enough Faeries to tap for colorless mana.
Bog Initiate completes the loop, allowing you to turn your infinite colorless mana into Black and effectively combo out and end the game with Oona.
Have you thought about adding Leyline of the Void? Exiling graveyards in Commander is always good, especially when it's only your opponents'.
5 days ago
The fun part is subjective i guess, however I would strongly disagree with it haveing more hate pieces that people kill. The deck's I've seen run Palinchron/Deadeye Navigator and Phantasmal Image with Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Sure people will try to stop Palinchron with everything they have, but nobody lets Mindcrank or Bloodchief Ascension happen either.
1 week ago
This is Bean.
- Counterbalance (price for this on here is wrong, it's like $5 on tcgplayer. In fact, a lot of these prices are wrong)
- Frozen AEther
- Mana Maze
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Copy Enchantment
- Aura of Silence
- Arcane Laboratory
- Tainted Remedy
- Oblivion Ring
- Banishing Light
- Sphere of Safety
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Aegis of the Gods
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Supreme Verdict
- Rhystic Study
- Mystic Remora (Combos with Solemnity, as does any cumulative upkeep cards)
- Phyrexian Etchings
- Mind Harness
- Enlightened Tutor
- Dance of Many
- Pendrell Flux
- Vile Consumption
- Mana Web
- Praetor's Grasp
- Oppressive Rays
- Aqueous Form
- Suppression Field
- Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + Etherium Sculptor or Helm of Awakening = draw you whole deck
- Stasis Snare
- Temporal Isolation
- Spirit Mantle
- Starfield of Nyx
- Phyrexian Unlife (play this first) + Ad Nauseam = Draw your whole deck. Unlife says: you can't lose the game for having 0 or less life, and all damage to dealt to you when below 0 life is instead dealt in poison counters. Ad Naus doesn't deal damage to you, it's loss of life and so you can pay as much life as you want, draw your deck, and not gain any counters. Works fantastically with all the Propaganda/Sphere of Safety effects, if you run them. Worst case scenario, just put Solemnity out and you can't gain poison counters :D
More expensive options, or later upgrades to the deck:
- Show and Tell + Omniscience (can allow you to potentially cast any number of game ending combos, i.e. Enter the Infinite + Laboratory Maniac + draw)
- Serra's Sanctum
- Dark Depths (combos with Solemnity)
- Idyllic Tutor
- Runed Halo
- Greater Auramancy
- Bitterblossom + Contamination
- Leyline of the Void, can also combo with: Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension, infinite combo while it exiles opponents libraries since Leyline of the Void is out.
- Leyline of Sanctity
1 week ago
I think Bloodchief Ascension would fit nicely into this deck.