|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent lost 2 or more life this turn, you may put a quest counter on Bloodchief Ascension. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, if Bloodchief Ascension has three or more quest counters on it, you may have that player lose 2 life. If you do, you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||Nemesis , ZombieFood , KillDatBUG , Kvothe1115 , fireborne1986|
|Want (6)||, Hootiequack , Ace_Kavu , Ariumlegion , ChrisH , Psycheretic|
Bloodchief Ascension Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, just thought I but in some dumb suggestions.
First off, I'm not so sure about including both Solemn Simulacrum and Burnished Hart, as Black has enough ramp potential to not really need all of that slower sort of ramp. Instead, I'd replace one of the two with a Crypt Ghast so you can double your black mana. If you can, try to run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers you can maximize the value of your black mana to shoot ahead
4 days ago
I forgot to suggest Bloodchief Ascension.
It fits perfect in the mill theme.
4 days ago
I personally play against this guy and the deck runs very well in group games and 1v1 it isn't bad. Not to long ago we were in a 6 man free-for-all and he had Bloodchief Ascension out and I played a Mindcrank. This was all on turn 3 and for the life of me I can't remember the card but our other buddy played a enchantment that said at your drswstep, draw another card and discard and lose a life so when that happened it triggered both of our cards but only for our opponents so at everyones draw step that player would die. When it got to back to saber4734 he swung at the one player with the draw enchantment because he didn't have any blockers and he died because it started the infinite combo lol. Best game we had in a long time. Note he was running Kambal, Consul of Allocation and me Phenax, God of Deception
1 week ago
although Startled Awake Flip seems good milling 13 cards but not for 4-5 mana when i have Traumatize it is too much of a mana-sink to be effective to recur, it doesn't do anything with Phenax, God of Deception in turns of its ability as a creature tapping to mill either.
I will also consider Bloodchief Ascension but every time i try to buy it it is sold out online :(
1 week ago
@AwezomePozzum you are correct Mindcrank is a very good card and absolutely would combo out with Bloodchief Ascension i personally do not put infinite combos into my desks as they are frowned in the local shops i play in.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Spiteful Visions, Fevered Visions, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Psychosis Crawler, Forced Fruition, Howling Mine, Font of Mythos, Temple Bell, Dictate of Kruphix, Kederekt Parasite, Nin, the Pain Artist, Otherworld Atlas, Price of Knowledge, Bloodchief Ascension, Phyrexian Tyranny, Well of Ideas, and Ob Nixilis Reignited are also really nice cards that can go crazy with Nekusar.
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!