|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Chose one —
- Exile all cards from target player's graveyard.
- Destroy target artifact.
- Each creature deals 1 damage to its controller.
|Have (16)||ironax , sneferie , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , Fairseas , Epidilius , Va1mar , itheoryz , ducttapedeckbox , OneEyedKing , Horizon97 , rockleemyhero , conker3009 , , CAPT.Shock , Nemesis|
|Want (10)||jkpker , Zidon , yeoldsmithy , hotmaildotcom1 , Karkelo , facepalmmuted , rightturner , ferretgr , Drops , Malachy_|
Rakdos Charm Discussion
1 week ago
Or you can go the ultimate jank route and use cards like Lapse of Certainty ^^
2 weeks ago
Winterblast those cards are great counters to TLG, but (also IMMG54) i'm not much of a stax player, so I own about one of those cards. | DrukenReaps those commanders would be good if my goal was dealing specifically with TLG decks. No one in my meta is playing those, so what do I know? I haven't seen them in action. The weakness of my Omnath is removal. It's great at land plays and stompy things, but right now having a hard time finding the right removal cards and appropriate slots for them. Of course, let's not forget TLG has lots of blue, and plenty of countermagic to protect it. | SunsChampion I love Rakdos Charm for decks like TLG, Edgar, and all things tokeny, but can't seem to find the right commander in the right colors, though it feels like Nekusar is mentioned more and more in this thread. My only recourse is that there's already another player in the meta and I prefer to be unique. | DruneGrey Do you have a list? Maybe i'll be inspired to give her a hard look. I sure don't want to find myself playing blue solitaire. SynergyBuild I'll keep that in mind. I'm a career tinkerer, can never seem to find a single commander to commit to because of how easily I get discouraged when other decks shred mine. I'm currently running Omnath, Locus of Rage and Purphoros, God of the Forge as active decks. I took apart Meren of Clan Nel Toth because of how much hate it was getting from just sitting at the table, and i'm trying to theorize how to make a Tasigur, the Golden Fang deck to compete with my blue-heavy meta.
All that aside, the point of the thread was to ask folks if there are other commanders with win-power like TLG. Not necessarily blue infinite combos, but a commander with the ability to not only roast every player's life totals in a turn or two, but fill a board with flyers in the process.
3 weeks ago
If he has a ton of bugs but no sac outlets, a good ol Rakdos Charm should do the trick
Exile removal is a good idea too
3 weeks ago
Hey, this is a good start. Actually a really well made with the restriction of using most cards from only GRN and RNA, good job, nice Dark Depths :)
Budget cards that are currently in Standard mostly from DOM, GRN, RNA sets to consider adding:
- Squee, the Immortal
- Midnight Reaper
- Pitiless Plunderer
- Dragonskull Summit
- Costly Plunder
- Rix Maadi Reveler
- Reliquary Tower
For more upgrades you're going to however want to move away from just GRN and RNA cards, but this doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money for upgrades. There's budget ($5 or less per card) upgrades you can make. I put a star (*) in front of the best upgrades of these suggestions.
- * Command Tower : best budget land for multicolor Commander decks.
- * High Market : sac outlet.
- Smoldering Marsh
- Foreboding Ruins
- Tainted Peak
- Graven Cairns
- Shadowblood Ridge
- Ghost Quarter
- * Ashnod's Altar : sac outlet that makes mana.
- * Skullclamp : very good repeatable draw when you're sacing creatures.
- * Viscera Seer : one drop sac outlet.
- Carrion Feeder
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- * Diabolic Intent : $5 tutor to get any card that also sacs a creature.
- Altar's Reap
Repeatable value from sacing creatures:
Make Judith deadly:
Busted with Dark Depths:
- * Vampire Hexmage : sac it to remove all counters from Depths.
- Thespian's Stage : make a copy of Depths, the copy doesn't have any counters, sac it and get Marit Lage.
Reanimate lots of creatures:
- * Talisman of Indulgence : two drop mana rock.
- * Rakdos Signet
- Burnished Hart
- Blasphemous Act
- Rakdos Charm
If you like some of these suggestions I can help you to make cuts.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Rakdos Charm feels like a good fit here, you don't really play creatures so "Each creature deals 1 damage to its controller." won't effect you and it can wipe a graveyard or kill an artifact... Otherwise this looks like a fun deck, perhaps a little heavy on 3 drops and light on 2 drops, but fun none the less.
A small aside on the meter, it's incredibly weighted to the lands you use, which in some ways makes a lot of sense. It's not a bad indication but it's better at defining how casual something is over how competitive.
1 month ago
Alright can definitely give you some ideas than Salinas29!
Since you are playing in large pods some cards that can definitely help you would be:
- Neheb, the Eternal - Highly recommend this card!
- Etali, Primal Storm - In multiplayer pods this card is devastating!
- Vial Smasher the Fierce - Great card all around.
- Viashino Heretic - This is if you play in a artifact heavy meta.
- Twilight Prophet - Card draw and damage, love this card a lot.
- Lobber Crew - Decent effect if you have a lot of multicolored spells.
- Pyrohemia - Semi board wipe effect but also cost reducer for you.
- Pestilence - Black version of above one.
- Sunbird's Invocation - Extremely fun card to play with.
- Sarkhan's Unsealing - Can get really nasty real quick, plus low cost.
- Fiery Confluence - All modes are relevant in this deck.
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained - Control and reducer, a bit high on CMC though.
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance - An all star, ramp, reducer, and card draw.
Now for the big creatures that can provide additional utility effects, here are some cards that can be considered:
- Conduit of Ruin - Allows you to grab creatures and additional cost reducer.
- Void Winnower - Hate piece and a big filthy creature.
- Steel Hellkite - Beater that can destroy a lot of good stuff.
- Combustible Gearhulk - Card Advantage (CA) or cost reducer, win/win.
- Sandstone Oracle - Hand refill on a stick.
- Garna, the Bloodflame - Semi recursion in case of a boardwipe.
Importantly as well is to have some early game plan, ramp, CA, and utility spells. Here are some cards that can be also considered.
- Rakdos Charm
- Blasphemous Act
- Chandra's Ignition
- Go for the Throat
- Chaos Warp
- Reforge the Soul
- Phyrexian Arena
- Dark Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Sol Ring
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Indulgence
- Commander's Sphere
- Chromatic Lantern
- Mass Hysteria
The best route if you want to inflict a lot of pain is going for the big Eldrazis but I won't list them as they are quite expensive even after the reprint in UMA. If you can pick them up than definitely go for it! They are absolutely filthy creatures that would make people cry :3
Aside from that feel free to ask for any additional help, I love helping people tune their decks!
1 month ago
If MLD is acceptable in your playgroup you could run a few and play them when you stick a strong enchantment like Revel in Riches or Black Market to pull ahead. In that case play ones that destroy everything but enchantments like Obliterate and Decree of Annihilation.
Fervor and Goblin Assault aren't doing much for you in a control shell. I could see the need for a token producer if you were playing Smokestack and friends but on your current build it only creates a suicide grunt.
If you want to pursue the discard route I suggest Oppression, Painful Quandary, and Words of Waste, Waste Not, and Myojin of Night's Reach. If you're going for reanimator I'd suggest Anvil of Bogardan as well to get the plays going faster.
1 month ago
Seeing as you have 5 colours to play with you might as well run the best multicoloured cards:
Tutors: Buried Alive
Removal: Aura Shards, Bant Charm (amazingly versatile), Decimate (iffy but playing a 4-for-1 on your opponent feels really good), Swan Song, Sudden Spoiling, Toxic Deluge, Rakdos Charm, Chaos Warp, Cyclonic Rift, Shivan Harvest
Rakdos Charm occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.28%
RBW (Mardu): 0.28%
BRG (Jund): 0.11%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.22%