|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
When Contagion Engine enters the battlefield, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature target player controls.
, : Proliferate, then proliferate again. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there. Then do it again.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||rebelteddybear , Ferritt , Forkbeard , awalloftext , pskinn01 , Fullmetalmage , Supremespeed , ShishkyBob , rockleemyhero , rikertchu , Tiddilywinkus , maR2307 , Antiat , Sergal , Nemesis , L4DMalus , Skydra2 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Archegos , Unlife , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , robbnoble|
|Want (7)||Sasuin , Ariumlegion , MouseyWolf , samuelianstorm , Portwood , georgehades , richardmv|
Contagion Engine Discussion
2 days ago
I will say that while it's not infinite, having done this in a superfriends commander deck every time I've gotten Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil it's been profitable enough to secure a win with other walkers if not just going infinite with such things as Contagion Engine + Everflowing Chalice, but this is getting more into deck construction advise than rules. And as said, if Teferi, Temporal Archmage is your commander it is actually infinite.
4 days ago
Love the theme dude, very flavorful +1. Still I would try to utilize your commanders ability to a point that it gives you a big advantage.
- Crumbling Ashes
- Nest of Scarabs
- Blowfly Infestation
- Contagion Engine
- Grave Betrayal
- Skyship Plunderer
- Hex Parasite
Even though these cards are less flavorful, they give your commander more purpose and it also creates a secondary theme to the deck.
I would also go more with a control set up for this deck but that's a matter of opinion I guess. I would definitely run these:
- Engulf the Shore
- Hero's Downfall (a way better Murder)
- Sudden Spoiling
- Cyclonic Rift
- Phyrexian Arena
- Coastal Piracy
Last note, proliferate is really good with your commander, you can abuse it easily with the cards I've enlisted above.
Still love your theme and the concept, this is only how I would tweak the deck.
4 days ago
Also: saprolings rock =)
1 week ago
It is hard to explain but I feel like the deck doesnt know how it wants to play itself. The idea is simple use ramos->ramp->play whatever you have->win. that much is clear but the deck doesnt know how best to support ramos. It feels like it is trying to do more then it can handle between playing the the +1/+1 counters and playing big bomb cards.
Because of commander damage being a thing it would be much easier to get ramos to deal lethal commander damage and support the +1/+1 counters then focus on using ramos as a super mana dork and play anything you want.
what you have isnt bad it just played inconsistent (for me) when I play tested it and doesnt know to either support ramos or play big things.
But during play testing I had a hard time getting any lands to play ramos or anything, not to mention when I did play ramos it took a while to get him up to use his ability. The deck seems to be about winning the late game but it has no control to get to that part. So I would add in more lands (I like 35-38), some protection enchantments likeGhostly Prison, some ramp spells, maybe some more +1/+1 synergy cards like Thrummingbird or Inexorable Tide or Contagion Engine, and focus on a few bombs and not all of them.
1 week ago
If you are going for the infect kill in commander then youll need all the infect and proliferate cards you can get. Here are some pretty good ones-
1 week ago
toastySmorc thanks for the +1 :) I wasn't on the pc, but I checked your deck on my phone.
I don't want to be focused on tokens sacrifice too much, I use Drana's Emissary as I wanted some more creatures with flying plus her ability gives me life no matter what and it can work with Well of Lost Dreams or pay for cards like Phyrexian Arena.
I played a game yesterday 1vs1, vs selesnya tokens deck and this card actually saved me because of the life gain effect, and I won the game. But I agree this is far from being a good card.
I don't really like Bloodghast and as Erich_Zann mentioned its a good sac source but beside that I prefer something else, if Edgar gave a vampire token for each time a vampire non-token creature enters the battlefield then it will be a must have but it would be way too OP.. heh
Also the price on that card is too high $20 I prefer to get something more useful for that money.. :\
About Sorin I'm still not sure about either of them, need to test and see, the one you mentioned is good as his +1 is a card draw, and his -x is good vs other planewalkers. It isn't a bad card in general, but yes as I said need to test more.
Westvale Abbey Flip is good land for such a deck in general, as it is an easy flip, in terms of flavor you can easily think of it as a dark god of the vampires or something, as he is a Demon Prince.
Contagion Engine didn't have a chance to play it yet, but I have it as sort of Black Sun's Zenith, sure for 6 cmc the sun will do -4/-4 but this will also be on my creatures, and I do have some small creatures and the tokens are 1/1.
Erich_Zann, I don't use Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond
as my group of play doesn't really like infinity combos.
Boros Charm might be an option didn't thought about this one. But its quite hard to anticipate a board wipe '..
I use Harsh Mercy as Kindred Dominance quite high CMC. But it surely can be a good finisher, will get a copy of it for sure for anycase.
I will get a copy of Ashnod's Altar to try it out but I don't really like Eldrazi Monument for it I will need to be more token oriented for sure. I do have a copy of Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle I will see how to put him in, and I can't get Legion's Landing as it out of stock in the shop I buy, thought I was going to include it.
Wanted to say thanks again for the comments and suggestions really appreciate it guys. :)
1 week ago
@NiTRoBoX personally though I feel like the deck can be optimised. Drana's Emissary for example is pretty meh, especially how I don't see a sac engine, along with Grave Pact when you already have an Attrition.
This can be fixed with a Skullclamp and an Ashnod's Altar. Both of them are pretty insane EDH staples, and the Clamp can get you a lot of value off of the 1/1s Edgar makes, while the Altar gives you access to Rout which I believe is better than Merciless Eviction (I assume you'd want those vampires back since you're playing reanimator cards) Utter End can also be replaced with a Path or Swords to Plowshares.
This one is purely personal preference, but I like Coat of Arms much more than DoD jus because it gives the instant board buff that can win games.
Also (and this is pretty big) I feel like your deck isn't very focussed on Vampire synergy. For example, what is Sorin, Grim Nemesis doing in here when he only synergises with his ultimate? You can replace him w Ob Nixilis Reignited for the card draw and removal utility. Westvale Abbey Flip is another one. I get that the Demon is really cool and it's just a land so you can probably keep it, but it feels really out of place. Also, Contagion Engine just feels out of place too. The proliferate effect is not worth the mana cost and the 4 mana each turn imo.
3 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.