|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Bird
When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||ZombieFood , maR2307 , Roadhog , DrPopular , Poptartz95 , jrschnoebelen , MoJoMiXuP , philktoken8998 , VoidCaster113 , golgarigirl , DrLitebur , , brokendwarf , zachi , NostalgicAce , Mousemke , gildan_bladeborn , bigc137 , DruneGrey|
Baleful Strix Discussion
1 day ago
Baleful Strix is a pretty strict upgrade over Wall of Omens in this deck.
Sacred Excavation could be a good way to restock your hand with cyclers, although idk how much redundancy you need here.
RedGriffin42 on None
3 days ago
5 days ago
Stoneblade (more specifically deathblade) is my favorite deck in magic. I've been picking up pieces for it for awhile now, but I'm a college student and I've seen too many posts about people selling collections to pay bills that I don't want to invest in anything like duals or force of wills. I'm totally down for trading for them over a long period of time, but I don't want to buy them.
That said, I still want to participate in weekly LGS legacy tournaments if I can. I have no intentions of winning much, but I would like to take a few games a night. Oh yeah, and I'm super stubborn and insisting on playing a deck with Stoneforge Mystic and probably a blue deck at that, since I own Snapcaster Mage and fetches already. I can spend a little bit acquiring pieces to complete a list, but nothing like forces, duals, jace, and preferably not true-name namesis, though trading for one of those or a Karakas is a possibility, though unlikely.
Here's my current attempt at a decklist. Any advice for the deck would be much appreciated. The idea is Misdirection instead of Force of Will and a lot of awful fetching. I expect to fold to eldrazi and probably burn, but win vs death and taxes and give delver a run for their money. No jace makes beating BUG pretty tough, but not impossible.
Here are relevant cards I own: Show
- 4x Polluted Delta
- 4x Bloodstained Mire
- 1x Watery Grave
- 2x Creeping Tar Pit
- Relatively, shocks aren't that expensive so I can get Hallowed Fountain and Godless Shrine easily enough. Same for Flooded Strand.
Control, cantrips, and removal:
- 4x Brainstorm
- 4x Ponder
- 4x Swords to Plowshares
- 2x Engineered Explosives
- 1x Supreme Verdict
- 2x Thoughtseize
- 2x Spell Pierce
- 1x Counterspell
- 2x Misdirection
And anything in Rocket Science (my modern deck).
1 week ago
1 week ago
- Drop Buried Alive, it really has no place here
- Kefnet's Monument won't work with ninjutsu
- Essence Scatter is good but very narrow and you have so many other great counters
- Suffer the Past can be strong but you're playing a lot of other graveyard hate, and graveyard theft
- Harvester of Souls is good, but maybe try something faster? Baleful Strix, Shadowmage Infiltrator, or Thalakos Seer would be ideal for all the on the board, off the board, play and can replace some unblockable creatures as they already have evasion
- Exotic Orchard seems like an odd choice in this deck, you only need 2 colours.
- Open Into Wonder seems pretty steep for unblockable when you already have cheaper options.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Rite of Replication targeting your commander you will deal 30 damage to each opponent.
3 weeks ago
I looked at your list and I came up with the following suggestions you might want to consider:
If you need more help on this deck or any other Commander project, then give me a headsup on my wall :) Just click my name and post something on there.
It is always great to recieve an upvote on my favourite deck, which you can see here. Just click the 'Upvote' button on the left if you like what you see.
Enjoy the game!