|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2016||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Past in Flames
Each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The Flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
Flashback (You may cast this car from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||mcstang1986 , , PhyrexianScience , NostalgicAce , bakeraj4 , hwagner , Nemesis , rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Lindough , asceveris , jrschnoebelen , MoJoMiXuP , IRNMN , DevoidMage , golgarigirl , Kvothe1115 , Randomdeath , voidruby , marsthesoos , Sparky41 , philktoken8998 , rockleemyhero , brokendwarf , Boza|
|Want (2)||Dadaman11 , MouseyWolf|
Past in Flames Discussion
15 hours ago
Also having Past in Flames seems like it would be worth considering how many wheel or loot affects this deck plays
1 day ago
I just try to throw in some stuff, maybe you can use some of it.
Well known combos which might be nice here:
Grim Monolith/Basalt Monolith + Power Artifact = infinite colourless mana.
Grim Monolith/Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth = infinite colourless mana.
Tidespout Tyrant + Sol Ring/Mana Vault/Mana Crypt = infinite colourless mana.
Tidespout Tyrant + infinite colourless mana + Candelabra of Tawnos/Palinchron = infinite coloured mana.
Tidespout Tyrant + infinite colourless mana + Izzet Signet/Mox Opal/Fellwar Stone/Gilded Lotus = infinite coloured mana.
Palinchron + Phantasmal Image = infinite coloured mana.Candelabra of Tawnos + High Tide or similar = good mana rock.
Future Sight + Helm of Awakening + Sensei's Divining Top = draw.
Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter = a lot of infinite stuff possible.
I'd probably play Preordain, Gitaxian Probe, Impulse and Fact or Fiction. Maybe also Gush and certainly Frantic Search. These help you go through your pile quicker, which is quite important, since you don't have access to a lot of the good black tutors. Gamble and Intuition might be good, tutors are important for in cEDH. Turnabout seems good. I think most red cEDH decks play Pyroblast/Red Elemental Blast. Chain of Vapor probably belongs here and also Hurkyl's Recall. I think Dack Fayden belongs in every commander deck. Past in Flames. Baral, Chief of Compliance.
I'd streamline the deck towards fast combo (similar to a storm deck) and remove the stax elements. Usually if you try to be between fast combo and stax you don't do either right. I like Mind Stone, but for cEDH it's probably too slow. Library of Leng doesn't do enough in this deck I think.
3 days ago
Qolorful I have actually considered Past in Flames my only worry is flashbacking it then it getting countered and now it is exiled and I can't get it back with like Recollect or Greenwarden of Murasa or something. However I am still considering it, but what I am really looking for right now is some tutors. I know I need to pick up Mystical Tutor but if you know any others in these colours I would appreciate the advice.
3 days ago
You might also like Past in Flames for additional casts on some of your more impactful spells
5 days ago
Hey there! Nice deck and i have a few recommendations: Mystic Speculation because i think one blue to scry 3 constantly is pretty good; speaking of scrying, Jace's Sanctum for when your commander isn't in play; Knowledge Exploitation because you have the other good "play your opponent's deck" cards; Spelltwine and Past in Flames to recur some good spells; and lastly Future Sight so the top card of your deck is also your hand. That's all i can think of for now, hope i helped!
1 week ago
I've never seen anyone play Canadian Highlander, but it looks like fun. This is a very similar build to my General Tazri Commander. I haven't uploaded the deck to Tappedout quiet yet so it's pointless to look for at the moment. I'd add Foresight as it can pull Misthollow Griffin and Eternal Scourge in the same way that Manipulate Fate can. I'd also add in Riftsweeper or Pull from Eternity as they can recover your Food Chain if it gets removed. You're also running the perfect set of colors to run the Lion's Eye Diamond combo. 1st cast Entomb putting Auriok Salvagers + Angel of Glory's Rise + Trinket Mage into your graveyard then you Reanimate the Angel of Glory's Rise and pull the Lion's Eye Diamond from your library and simply go off. I'd also consider Yawgmoth's Will and Past in Flames for graveyard possibilities, and Walking Ballista as it can be tutored out by artifact search given that it's a xx cost it's equivalent is zero and it's the perfect sieve to strain away your opponents life when you have all that mana.
1 week ago
Hands down this is my favorite of all the decks you've done! I love playing Mizzix, but she can draw a lot of hate. Your deck takes all of the stuff I love from Mizzix and puts it in a less suspicious shell. I figured I'd throw out a few of my favorties from my own experiences, although not all of these are budget options.
- Turnabout - helps power-up your experiment by untapping your lands
- Past in Flames - why return Epic Exp to your hand when you can just cast it from the GY?
- Capsize - spells with buyback work great with Epic Exp
- Mizzix's Mastery - incredible useful as long as Epic Exp is NOT in your GY
- Mystic Confluence - not budget, but fantastic utility card
- Part the Waterveil - you can't awaken it off Epic Exp but it's still a free extra turn
- Walk the Aeons - extra turn, and with all your fetching you might have the islands to buy it back
- Firemind's Foresight - a severely underrated tutor, especially with the amount of ramp at your disposal. I'd recommend fetching Swan Song for protection, Epic Exp, and Reiterate for the payoff.
- Snap - if you hit it with Epic Exp then you get free mana!
- High Tide - I dont think there are enough islands in here to justify it, but it's really sweet with some of the untap effects
- Sphinx of the Final Word - meta-dependent, can help make sure your Epic Exp doesn't get countered
- Pyromancer's Goggles - great way to copy your Epic Exp, and it's just a great card to own in general
- As Foretold - I'm not sure if it's great in this deck, but it DOES let you cast spells for free, which means you have extra mana available for the Epic Exp
- Isochron Scepter - so many good targets for this one
- Dissipation Field - helpful defensive tech
- Everflowing Chalice - Pairs really well with Kruphix to power-up your Epic Experiments
1 week ago
dank_eater Thank you for your suggestions ;) Snapcaster Mage isn't in this deck because it costs ~50$.Past in Flames on the other hand would be nice too and i will test it. although all my instants and sorcerys cost 1 to play and i'm wondering if it wouldn't slow the deck down