|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a blue instant card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||NOGzFTW , NorthernCrow , IRNMN , SamCre1993 , hippienproud , ironax , Swamy , SirCorey , LTmiller , rebelteddybear , Splashy , Mousemke , awalloftext , TheBl0b|
|Want (8)||Hootiequack , Grantley91 , hwagner , PTsmitty , , miracle , SpaghettiToastBook , Galdelonian|
Merchant Scroll Discussion
1 day ago
Deepglow Skate + Corpsejack Menace + Crystalline Crawler + Cloudstone Curio = infinite +1/+1 counters (and thus mana as well) with the crawler in play. To ensure you can get the Sage to go off for infinite turns, adding Bioshift and Fate Transfer would help to ensure you can do it at instant speed. If you're going to focus on that combo, then I would eliminate the planeswalkers and add as many tutors and low CMC draw spells (Worldly Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Merchant Scroll, Preordain, Ponder, etc.) to get what you need to combo off.
2 weeks ago
Just in general though you want to have a couple more mana rocks because they are just good in general. I don't know what your budget is like but here is a link to all the mana rocks for EDH
The token based wincon and the dragonstorm isn't really the best "wincon" so to say. Of course it is up to you and if you find this to be really entertaining. A more competitive deck would use something like Aetherflux Reservoir and cast their entire deck but oh well.
Here are some cards you need that are also relatively cheap and very good.
basically you have a lot of cards in your deck that are like second tier cards I am not sure if you are going for flavor victory.
What is generally the case is that winning through combat is bad in EDH because you often need to setup for an extra turn and you might get completely wiped. In EDH if is pretty hard to win without using an infinite combo to kill everyone at the same time. You will also be viewed as a threat if you have a bunch of shit on the board. You have a lot of very expensive creatures in your deck that don't immediately win you the game. When you cast something that is like 8 mana the hope is that you win with that card.
You should look at some other people's mizzix decks it will give you an idea of how people play commander. I don't know if many will be that great on this site but oh well.
3 weeks ago
Omg, Narset. I used to have a Narset deck once. Removed the deck since I didn't want people to scoop in turn 2. I used the all-known Enter the Infinite and Omniscience combo, together with Beacon of Tomorrows.
Getting Narset out is you main purpose. You can make your ramp and color fixing as expensive (moneywise) as you want. Using every type of fetch you can helps. Using cards like Lion's Eye Diamond, Crystal Vein, Ancient Tomb, Pyretic Ritual, Simian Spirit Guide, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt or Lotus Petal Will get you there faster aswell, but it comes at a price. Literally.
The swings are important because you want extra turns, or extra attack phases. (=EXTRA COMMANDER DAMAGE) Expropriate, Temporal Mastery, Walk the Aeons, Time Warp, Time Stretch, Relentless Assault, Waves of Aggression, Seize the Day, Fury of the Horde,...
"Yeah that is IF you get to cast Omniscience". Just plant it there with Long-Term Plans or use an Enlightened Tutor before you swing with Narset. Find a Long-Term Plans with a Merchant Scroll or Mystical Tutor. Or maybe if you already have an Omniscience in hand, you can use or find a Brainstorm.
Besides the winning part, you have to be able to protect yourself. Defense Grid, Grand Abolisher, Misdirection, Wipe Away, Path to Exile, Force of Will or even an Armageddon or Boom/Bust will help you save your game.
Possibility's are endless. People will be targeting you. People will delete you from facebook. In the end, it's all about the fun. Narset takes away the fun. She's mostly there for competitive play IMO.
Go get 'em tiger. You got this.
1 month ago
Cards that I don't like:
Darkwater Catacombs | In a turn 4/5 build, it's too slow. Basically useless in some situations and opposite of mana fixing
Fetid Pools | Enters tapped needs strong abilities, maybe turn 8 cycling would be good, but in a Turn 4/5 build, it's not a turn 1 through 4 land so shouldn't be in there
Great Furnace | I think you can fetch , a single on Turn 1 though 4 is terrible
Tolaria West | Great land, but what does it tutor for you that's a combo card, Mana Crypt is ok, but none of your combos are land based, I wouldn't run this. If you needed to fetch a specific land for a combo would be ok.
I would go down 1 net land to 36 as well.
Devastation Tide | Miracle is too random, want to control your spells not have them control you. And it's a sorcery, as an instant it would be ok.
Cryptic Command has a pretty High CMC with , it's instant so it's better than some of the other sorcery/creatures, but could be a problem. It's VERY good card though, I would keep it worth the hard casting cost.
Scroll Rack mana sponges, it's too random, and too slow for turn 4/5 deck
Tolaria West go down a land!
Tunnel Vision (when used to tutor) >> Mizzix's Mastery! (Downside is it misses Omniscience so need something it can hit to put a card from graveyard into hand, best would be a card like that with flashback) OR Tunnel Vision >> Yawgmoth's Will. If it discards a Past in Flames get a couple shots. I think Kess, Dissident Mage can cast the Overload cost from the graveyard for Mizzix's Mastery too if you do get it looking for the Yawgmoth's Will which then cast the Yawgmoth's Will.
Summary: Harder to tutor items (Enchantment) should be priorities, Necropotence or Omniscience. Kess, Dissident Mage let's you recast and pull another item in most cases to finish the combo Omniscience + Enter the Infinite, lots of tutors pull Show and Tell for you.
Capture of Jingzhou and Temporal Manipulation are good too, but not necessary, you're really just trying to combo win with Show and Tell + Omniscience + Enter the Infinite would focus on getting there.
Frantic Search is better if you have a way to recur-it, like a Nivix Guildmage, but it does give you more control on the discard. The problem arises when you only have 1 card in hand, becomes the same issue I'm sure you experience with the Scroll Rack.
Dreadbore could just be another tutor that pulls Hero's Downfall they do the same thing anyway (or a Yawgmoth's Will if you need to recast Hero's Downfall and have used Kess, Dissident Mage. And it's a sorcery (YUCK)
You need the Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots for Phage the Untouchable and Laboratory Maniac. You could lose the Swiftfoot Boots since you do have Artifact tutors, but I bet they are pulling mana sources not boots.
Temporal Extortion could be wasted spell, since i doubt your doing the extra damage, but in multi-player perhaps it may resolve due to politics.
Time Warp could come out too if needed, high CMC extra turns. Useful for mid-range play though.
Need to research a way to bring a card from graveyard to hand, if it has flashback, that would be AMAZING!
1 month ago
- Ojutai's Command
- Arcane Denial
- Merchant Scroll
- Isperia, Supreme Judge
- Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
- Ghostly Prison
- Wing Shards
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Ajani Goldmane (Worse than Ajani Steadfast as it's on a -1 rather than a +1 and the +1 is terrible, but I have two Goldmanes and no Steadfast)
- Haunted Cloak
- Sword of Vengeance
- Ring of Thune
- Brave the Sands
Down to 107. Maybeboard updated.
1 month ago
I like how this deck seems to work at high levels but on budget. I would appreciate any advice on alternatives for the likes of Merchant Scroll that can keep this decks price down and it's effectiveness the same
1 month ago
depending on your budget: Chrome Mox, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Fellwar Stone, Mox Diamond would be good mana rocks to add. might be worth adding Personal Tutor and Merchant Scroll. Can usually find a use for Dispel in an EDH game aswell, although that's meta dependant.
2 months ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake