|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a blue instant card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||Hellsing , , lorddarkstar|
|Want (10)||nicoptw , appleseiter15 , Jearbear3211 , energyforest , Darkspy , Gmeritt , TheTimCan , PTsmitty , iiTzSeb , Lunchmonkey|
Merchant Scroll Discussion
1 day ago
Exactly. Aetherflux, paradox engine, and scepter combo is all you need to power out wins, the rest will just bog you down. That plan will get you heading the right direction.
Give my list below a look if you want some ideas for other cards. I intentionally go a more casual direction than your list, but it's still lethal.
1 week ago
Hey, nice budget deck :)
My suggestions are to improve the manabase, make some mana rock upgrades and add some staple good blue cards.
Cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Reliquary Tower
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Opal Palace
- Sulfur Falls
- Talisman of Creativity
- Commander's Sphere
- Mystic Remora : one of blue's best sources of repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries : static ability can be a win condition when you draw all cards from your library with Skullclamp. His +1 is a repeatable source of draw.
- Jace's Archivist : repeatable Windfall.
- Jace Beleren : repeatable source of draw.
- Faithless Looting
- Chart a Course
- Frantic Search
- Merchant Scroll
- Devastation Tide
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Island
- Highland Lake
- Izzet Guildgate
- Star Compass
- Sphere of the Suns
- Gravitational Shift
- Reins of Power
- Aether Gale
- Laquatus's Creativity
- Careful Consideration
- Illusionist's Gambit
- Outpost Siege
1 week ago
This deck can go infinte with basically any card with the word "untap" in the text.
So: Freed from the Real , Vigean Graftmage , Galvanic Alchemist , Pestermite , and Peregrine Drake would all have to go. Without Pestermite and Drake, Ghostly Flicker and Displace are only OK cards, so you could drop them as well if you like.
As for what to add... Whatever you want, my dude.
This deck generates the mana to go very very big. Ulamog's Crusher , Hand of Emrakul , Eldrazi Devastator are good face-beaters for big-mana decks. Oakgnarl Warrior and Krosan Tusker are pretty solid choices too. Wildheart Invoker is a good mana-sink. Rush of Knowledge is important for the go-big plan.
This deck also has the resources to go wide, if you like - you could fill the deck with small-mana value spells (evasive creatures, equipment, auras, counterspells, control), and pour your enormous piles of mana into Lore Weaver to draw into all of it.
Sky's the limit, my friend.
3 weeks ago
I love the list, guys. Fantastic as always.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
1 month ago
good list. I could see adding a Merchant Scroll . +1'ed.
Merchant Scroll occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
UR (Izzet): 0.62%