Search your library for a blue instant card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (5)||, rockleemyhero , lorddarkstar , metalmagic , PostContact|
|Want (4)||Casiotrappe , brunao , jeremy_hogaboom , LMEC|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Merchant Scroll occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
UR (Izzet): 0.62%
Merchant Scroll Discussion
1 day ago
Including cards such as Memory Leak leaves budget for mega-bombs such as Mystical Tutor and Merchant Scroll. These cards alone eat up 1/3 of the budget. The tutors and combo pieces Together eat up 2/3 of the cost of the deck. This deck pinches pennies, hence Memory Leak.
On your decisive win-turn, Memory Leak will do just fine. Plus the artwork is rad.
2 weeks ago
arcane_trouper, Zur the Enchanter is a 4-drop that can put any one of 1644 cards onto the battlefield for free each turn, while Woodland Bellower is essentially a 3-drop that makes you hard cast the card you get out of the 1099 options. The comparison is very different.
However, when comparing it to other cards on the list, like Merchant Scroll which can only get one of 716 cards, I realize that maybe it doesn't matter how many restrictions there are on a card. (Although my gut instinct is to not play Merchant Scroll either!)
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add Woodland Bellower to the list!
1 month ago
Well, lets see. Some of the ones not yet suggested are Gifts Ungiven (which has added functionallity other than being a tutor) all of the cards with transmute, if you aren't looking for Helix Pinnacle in particular you also have Merchant Scroll and Summoner's Pact.
2 months ago
@Annexus: Yes I totally agree with your thoughts about Timetwister but not with those to Wheel of Fortune. Budget options for those 2 cards are for sure / Time Spiral and Echo of Eons but you definitely need some wheels in your deck and Wheel of Fortune is the really strong, but the deck wouldn't lose much strength if you play Windfall and Echo of Eons/Time Spiral instead of Timetwister/Wheel of Fortune.
The two other Narset are cool flavourwhise but I personally thought that there were simply better alternatives:
I think the deck has only like two slots at maximum for "win more" cards.
At the moment I play Thousand-Year Storm and Aggravated Assault. TStorm cannot be cut because I won almost every game with him as soon as he touched the field. But maybe Narset Transcendent could be a replacement for Aggravated Assault. Narset is a bit more versatile but sometimes you don't hit any extraturn/combat and then narset is a lil bit worse than the Assault, because with the assault you gain another try with Narset, Enlightened Master and if you hit Time Spiral you get ANOTHER attack and with the assault you always have atleast 2 attempts per turn to hit a another turn/combat spell.
Narset, Parter of Veils is a good card but for me atleast I found a lot cards I liked more but can be a budget option JTMS. If you pla atleast 3+ wheel cards in this deck, she could be worth, but with only 2 wheels, there's lacking synergy.
JTMS is just insane and has fallen out of favor or forgiveness just like Narset, Enlightened Master, JTMS is a walkin Brainstorm and toolbox. It's a great feeling when Time Stretch is stuck in your hand and you can put it back on your deck.
Dack Fayden is also pretty good to steal your opponent's ramp pieces but I think he's the one who could maybe replaced by Winter Orb or like you mentioned Teferi, Time Raveler. I loved Teferi, but some dudes from the Narset Discord have somehow talked me out of Teferi...
Man I would really enjoy to play some 1vs1 games of different lists/cuts, to scientifically prove which list is the fastest and after that to test it in a real environment against legit decks to check which card/list is good in the current meta. (Do you have Xmage?)
I see your point on Gamble, sure this card has the opportunity to fail, but narset is just a "if you have luck you win deck" and with this cards I'm also gambling high, but yeah cards to replace gamble are: Idyllic Tutor/Merchant Scroll or like you mentioned Ponder/Preordain.
I tested Jace, Wielder of Mysteries a lot and in 99% of the time he was a dead card or not needed... when you draw your entire library you just win with Nexus of Fate/Beacon of Tomorrows but most of the time you opponents surrender before that ever happens after like your 5 extra turn... And if you really want another wincon then I would always prefer Bribery because this card is savage and in almost every cedh match somebody is playing Thassa's Oracle or another winon which you could possibly steal. Or just play the good old Approach of the Second Sun.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Grind: Thanks for your thoughts! In order --
1) I have not yet added Mystical Tutor, but I definitely should. Part of the reason is that this isn't really INTENDED to be consistent, per se -- it came from a silly idea I had, not a desire to make an optimized deck -- but as it's gotten more tuned, Mystical Tutor's fit better. I probably should run Merchant Scroll too, since that's much better to cast off Vadrok's mutation trigger.
2) I'm pretty dedicated to only running UR here (with the possible exception of Restore Balance). Also, Recruiter of the Guard can't get one of my primary three targets (Lore Drakkis), so I'll have to pass on this one.
3) Chart a Course is actually rather intentionally included over a straight draw spell. I often cast it in my precombat main even when I have something that COULD attack. The reason is that I want to have as many spells as possible that let me dump something into GY to cast with Vadrok in early turns, so I have value ready and waiting when I mutate her. Also, comparing it with Brainstorm, the problem is that Brainstorm can be pretty bad when I cast it from GY, since I'll often be drawing through the same cards I just put on top (unless I can crack a fetch in between, or whatever).
4) I am not a huge fan of Arcane Denial -- I'd very much not like to give my opponents cards when I can help with it. Delay is cute, but if I add another counterspell my go-to will certainly be Mana Drain ;)
5) Char-Rumbler is not spectacular, but when he goes off it's pretty hilarious. I mutate my commander onto him, swing for 3 double strike... Then on the next turn I swing, pump with RRRRR, and kill my opponent from lethal commander damage. He's probably the weakest of my current hosts, but I'm just so amused by getting to play the most janky uncommon ever printed. I was considering War Elemental in its place, but I could never manage to make it survive the ETB trigger.
Your thoughts definitely weren't useless! Thanks, I really appreciate them :)
2 months ago
buzzgsm92 so, originally I had a led breach pack with narset, the wheels and brain freeze, but ultimately, being a control deck, I didn't really want to wheel and refill 3 opponent's hands without narset or breach, so the cards would end up being pretty dead outside of that interaction, and I'm aiming at a mostly non-dead deck. I also didn't like including intuition for the number of slots I'd need to use with it, as mostly I'd like to grab a combo piece, noxious revival and reap, and without either of those pieces, intuition might not be great, but didn't test anything there, I might be completely wrong. About the sinks for inf mana, let me just say that we actually have 20 cards that can "win the game" after infinite mana. We have 2 spells (Expansion / Explosion and Thassa's Intervention) that, if found after infinite mana, will end the game by drawing our deck or finding the right pieces to assemble a draw your deck scenario. We also have plenty of ways to dig our wincons in Brainstorm, Dig Through Time, Frantic Search and Impulse. We can probably use either Noxious Revival and Reap to find a wincon in our graveyard or reuse draw spells. We also have plenty of tutors that can find our outlet spells or Twinning Staff, which can be a wincon after we grab infinite mana most of the time Chord of Calling, Muddle the Mixture, Mystical Tutor, Whir of Invention, Worldly Tutor, Eldritch Evolution, Fabricate, Neoform, Transmute Artifact, Merchant Scroll, Spellseeker and Trophy Mage.
2 months ago
Maybe The Ozolith to preserve counters?
High Tide works like you'd hope it would here.