|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Chancellor Of The Spires resolves, target rite of replication, when rites resolves, the token can target rites again?
- Can I entwine and/or kick off a cascade?
- Could I use rite of replication in conjunction with biovisionary to immediately win?
- How much exalted is 6 Sublime Archangels?
- exalted triggers, stacking & the math
Rite of Replication
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature. If Rite of Replication was kicked, put five of those tokens onto the battlefield instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rite of Replication Discussion
5 days ago
Here's how I think about this commander: You want two types of creature token. A) ones that are cheap/free to flood the board and B) ones that are copies of cool creatures with abilities you can exploit.
Your A Column is pretty solid. The only one I'd add is Genesis Chamber and/or The Locust God... Things that make Treasure or Clue tokens are pretty good because they'll add value OR attack. Additionally, Since lots of your small creatures are on ETB trigers Panharmonicon could be good.
Your Column B is so-so. You've got Feldon of the Third Path and Helm of the Host, but those are pretty slow and obvious. Mimic Vat, Heat Shimmer, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Rite of Replication, Supplant Form, Cackling Counterpart, Zndrsplt's Judgment and Fated Infatuation all could get you the token you need to make a deadly strike out of nowhere. An interesting combo here could be Precursor Golem so targeted instants make TONS of copies if you turn your army into golems. Creatures with Embalm and Eternalize Mechanics could fall into this category, too.
Great Brew, man! I wish you luck and I look forward to how this evolves!
1 week ago
Sorry, I've been really busy lately so my ability to respond to comments has been limited. First of all, SmashPortal, if you look at most of elgosu1337's copy effects, they create tokens. That is likely where the Utvara Hellkite token is coming from.
1) Wurmcoil Engine: Most of your copy effects make token copies, so first and foremost, copying Wurmcoil Engine is just great. But let's say it dies and you get the two wurm tokens. Wurm (1) has deathtouch while wurm (2) has lifelink. Yes they may be "small" creatures (3/3's are still pretty substantial), but attacking with lets say 10 deathouching wurms is basically a board wipe or attacking with 10 lifelinking wurms is +30 life. That is a lot of upside in my book.
2) Rite of Replication: this is probably hands down one of the best copy cards out there. Look at it this way. You are running both Cackling Counterpart (3 cmc) and Twinflame (2 cmc). Rite of Replication only costs 1 more than Cackling Counterpart for one copy, albeit at sorcery speed. Now, you kick Rite upping its total cost to 9 cmc and get 5 copies. Cackling Counterpart costs a total of 10 mana to cast it and to flash it back and you only get 2 copies (still a great card at instant speed though). Now lets look at Twinflame. 2 mana for one copy, but lets say we want 5 copies. That would cost a total of 14 mana to get the same amount you can get with a kicked Rite AND those creatures are exiled at the end of combat. I get that you want a lower initial investment, but 4 cmc is pretty darn cheap in Commander and the ceiling on Rite of Replication is soooooo much higher for a lower mana investment. Also, it can target ANY creature on the battlefield while the others cannot.
3) Phyrexian Processor: Not sure why you are afraid of the life cost. Life is a great resource and it is only a one time investment. 4 life (the minimum amount I would spend, but generally 6-10 is where you want to be at) to pump out a 4/4 every turn is pretty darn good. Any more life and you are getting an extremely good rate of cost to creature P/T. But, if you are hesitant, a card like Golden Guardian Flip might be an alternative that is almost as good. As a land it is a tad more resilient as well.
Overall, still love the deck though
2 weeks ago
The deck already has Rite of Replication in it, for the exact reasons stated.
2 weeks ago
Rite of Replication kicked targeting is a pretty nice vela finisher. I realize it isn't infinite, but 30 dmg to each opponent is real strong.
Infinite sacrifice can be way strong, and I would suggest looking into mikaeus the unhallowed combos.
2 weeks ago
I've run a Biovisionary wincon deck in EDH and modern deck and let me tell you, you are going to need some counter spells. It's the only thing that will reliably protect you from boardwipe, removal, and a lot of other hateful things. Get Mystic Snake, Counterspell, Dissolve maybe Plasm Capture (extra mana!). Also, Prophet of Kruphix is banned (RIP, my beloved.) You can replace it with Seedborn Muse and Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, add Alchemist's Refuge, and Leyline of Anticipation. You're also going to want more mana ramp and card draw. I suggest fetch land creatures like Sakura-Tribe Elder and others like it because you want Momir triggers as often as possible. A late game rampant growth or cultivate is sad when you are searching for answers. Also, relying on non-land permanents like mana dorks and artifacts can leave you high and dry if the board gets wiped, so avoid them. If you must though, consider defender ramp like Axebane Guardian and Overgrown Battlement. They can be explosive with all the copy you have.
Kruphix, God of Horizons is awesome in a deck like this, coupled with Seedborn Muse and Rite of Replication? You'll have everything you need to win and have mana left for a counterspell. Consider tutors like Mystical Tutor to get what you need. But I find massive card draw will help you get there. Reliquary Tower and Library of Leng couldn't hurt either.
Strategically, my basic advice is that the clone approach is slow and will antagonize your opponents as the countdown begins. They'll wipe or remove as soon as they can and beat your face in the process. Making it all happen at once is your best bet. Counters, card draw, mana ramp, flash and untap will help win the game with Biovisionary consistently.
Sorry for the mouthful! Nice to see someone running a similar deck to me. GOOD LUCK!
2 weeks ago
Looks really fun. I'm Looking to make a Ravager EDH soon.Deadeye Navigator, Rite of Replication and Conjurer's Closet are good cards that help Bolas set off his ETB and the other ETB's you or your opponents have going on if you wanted but they're just flavor. Personally, I'm not a fan of Hive Mind especially with counter spells since your opponents would get them too and their counter would beat yours since yours would be on the stack first. You could do Psychosis Crawler or The Locust God since you have all that wheeling going on but I also like Propaganda for control or Dragon Tempest since you have a lot of flying (more haste and it goes with the Bolas dragons!). +1 from me!
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment generalrenard. As mentioned in the description, Coat of Arms and Shared Animosity make all the tokens much bigger when Brudiclad turns them all into the same token with the same creature type. The burn damage from Ghirapur AEther Grid is much more insignificant since it's 0.5 damage per token and only for artifact tokens, and if I tap them I can't attack.
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor, I think Siege-Gang Commander could be a good addition, but the costs outweigh the benefits for the other cards. Wurmcoil Engine tokens are small although copying the original card could be valuable as a death effect. Desolation Twin costs a lot of mana and Phyrexian Processor costs a lot of life, and the tokens don't trample and aren't that big compared to the cards already included like Angrath's Marauders or Borderland Behemoth which can do over 40 damage each. Myr Turbine makes just 1 token a turn, Thopter Assembly could be a delayed 6 mana for 5 tokens, but is not reliable if I already have Thopters from other sources. Mechanized Production is not bad for the alternate win condition and copying noncreatures although the token is only produced next upkeep. Saheeli's Artistry would be useful if I was running more noncreature payoffs but for now is costly at 6 mana. Rite of Replication is good but since I don't think I will be kicking it often I'm running cheaper single target copy spells for now, will have to test it. I'll be tuning the deck and adding more ways to protect Brudiclad. I'd cut the token producers that rely on instants and sorceries if I find that they don't trigger enough. Thanks again for the detailed suggestions!
2 weeks ago
I feel like Wurmcoil Engine, Desolation Twin, Myr Turbine, Phyrexian Processor, Mechanized Production, Saheeli's Artistry, Siege-Gang Commander, Thopter Assembly, and Rite of Replication are all options that fit nicely into this deck.
I'd also suggest a few more ways to protect Brudiclad. Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots are the obvious inclusions, but you could probably run a few more counter spells. You only have 14 instants/sorceries which is kinda low if you are trying to maximize Talrand, Sky Summoner, Trail of Evidence, and Young Pyromancer.
Nice deck though. I'll be interested to see how it turns out!