|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Chancellor Of The Spires resolves, target rite of replication, when rites resolves, the token can target rites again?
- Can I entwine and/or kick off a cascade?
- Could I use rite of replication in conjunction with biovisionary to immediately win?
- How much exalted is 6 Sublime Archangels?
- exalted triggers, stacking & the math
Rite of Replication
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature. If Rite of Replication was kicked, put five of those tokens onto the battlefield instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (46)||ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , essex0619 , Lindough , xXThormentXx , Kvothe1115 , geazykagar , Crimson6 , Nemesis , thetechzombie , Clawsun73 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , jamesesdad , MyTotoro , burnedbread , PhotogenicParasympathetic , damo_rox , kaboomeow , elemental55 , Venser_the_Sojoner , rikertchu , MoJoMiXuP , DFDGamer , Jauntu , Fairseas , LegendDeer , mziter501 , Azdranax , MagnaAura , VGJustice , ironax , RazortoothMtg , RedMulligan , dplerner , KillDatBUG , rebelteddybear , CoolBeansBrattah , cryptoplasm , CastleSiege , sonnet666 , Metaphisyk , meecht , Dimarx , Justinaut , LTmiller|
|Want (8)||Turtlelover73 , Tiddilywinkus , xpsychovampx , acbooster , MaaxDemian , Riders_of_Brohan , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Big-Foot|
Rite of Replication Discussion
1 day ago
Here's a list of what I could find.
- Altered Ego
- Artisan of Forms
- Back from the Brink
- Blade of Selves (Though this one doesn't last)
- Body Double
- Cackling Counterpart
- Caller of the Untamed
- Cemetery Puca
- Clone Legion
- Dance of Many
- Dimir Doppelganger
- Dual Nature
- Echo Chamber
- Evil Twin
- Faerie Artisans
- Fated Infatuation
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Flameshadow Conjuring
- Followed Footsteps
- God-Pharaoh's Gift
- Heat Shimmer
- Helm of the Host
- Hour of Eternity
- Identity Thief
- Infinite Reflection
- Jwari Shapeshifter (Conditional for Ally creatures only)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (Combos nicely with Helm of the Host
- Kindred Charge
- Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Mercurial Pretender
- Mimic Vat
- Minion Reflector
- Mirage Mirror
- Mirror Match
- Mirror Mockery
- Mirror of the Forebears
- Mirrorweave (Helm of the Host on a powerful Legendary Creature, like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and you win the game)
- Parallel Evolution (Not going to list all cards with "Populate", but same thing but this one is better)
- Permeating Mass (Not what you're wanting, but fun nonetheless)
- Phantasmal Image
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Polymorphous Rush
- Progenitor Mimic (Easily can win with Biovisionary. Also pairs with Mirrorweave)
- Protean Raider
- Quicksilver Gargantuan
- Renegade Doppelganger
- Rite of Replication (Also wins with Biovisionary)
- Saheeli Rai
- Saheeli's Artistry
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Sakashima's Student
- Shapeshifter's Marrow
- Soul Separator
- Spitting Image
- Splinter Twin (More or less banned everywhere)
- Splitting Slime
- Sprouting Phytohydra (Not what you're wanting, though)
- Stolen Identity
- Stunt Double
- Supplant Form
- Tempt with Reflections
- The Mimeoplasm (Kinda?)
- The Scarab God
- Tilonalli's Skinshifter
- Unstable Shapeshifter
- Vesuvan Doppelganger
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Volatile Chimera (Not what you want but still a copy-creature card)
1 week ago
I'm building a very similar deck. I'm considering running Enter the Infinite and Laboratory Maniac (and Leveler) as a floating win con, in case the ETB effects can't keep up. Though Rite of Replication and Clone Legion seem a lot more fun.
I have more Merfolk than you, so Stonybrook Banneret is key. Particularly since Blue ramp is mediocre.
1 week ago
If your interested, I have quite a bit of discussion in my description around some combos and Alternative card evaluations.
Since you've invested the $5 in Rite of Replication you can put in Dualcaster Mage <$1 to get infinite Dualcaster Mage. They won't have haste, which sucks, but puts everyone on a 1 turn timer to deal with the Dualcaster Mage horde thats coming next turn! Very $100 budget conscious.
I abuse Nivix Guildmage in my deck, Turnabout $4, Reality Spasm <$1, Frantic Search $2 as a couple examples. Turnabout is just made to go Infinite, You can cut a few $'s by removing the Propaganda $7 and replacing with this guy. Turnabout and Reality Spasm can also go Infinite with Reiterate.
Cyclonic Rift is just too expensive if you're trying to get under $100. It's sad, AMAZING card.
Command Tower $3 isn't necessary with all the draw in and only being 65% 35% .
Just some ideas. Can save $30 there pretty easily and not loose too much value.
Hope something here helps anyway. +1.
2 weeks ago
So here are some suggestions, feel free to accept/ignore them as much as you want :).
1) I think the biggest issue your deck faces is that you are running a lot of cards that aren't terribly impactful in a 40 life, multiplayer format. For example, most of your card draw is either a one-off effect or tied to another spell that doesn't do a whole lot (i.e. Peppersmoke or Brainbite). I'd suggest adding card draw effects which either accumulate you more cards (i.e. Fact or Fiction, Stroke of Genius, etc.) or even better, are repeatable effects (i.e. Greed, Mystic Remora, Bident of Thassa, etc). Repeatable effects are key in EDH.
2) You are using a lot of spaces in your deck for effects that give your creatures evasion. I don't think you really need that much because most of your creatures already have evasive abilities. If you do want to devote some space however, there are much stronger options that you could consider like Whispersilk Cloak, Mask of Riddles, Sword of Feast and Famine and its siblings, Dauthi Embrace, Thassa, God of the Sea, Cloak and Dagger, etc.
3) Here is an obligatory promotion for Cyclonic Rift and Rite of Replication in any blue deck. Also, you probably want to run a couple more board wipes. Decree of Pain, Toxic Deluge, and Black Sun's Zenith are great. You also might want some more ramp. Talisman of Dominance, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, and Thaumatic Compass Flip are all really great options.
4) Alongside repeatable effects, flexible cards are extremely powerful in EDH. You are going tribal here, so a card like Vanquisher's Banner would be amazing. It boosts your tribe and provides card draw. Herald's Horn is another option.
5) I think you could be running a stronger removal package as well. Instead of running tap effects, why not just run straight kill spells like Hero's Downfall, Silence the Believers, Vraska's Contempt, Attrition, etc.?
Lastly, I'll leave you with my deck Pocket Sand. Feel free to take ideas from it. It isn't a rogue/faerie tribal deck and it plays a more political game than yours, but it is similar to your deck in that it likes to use small, evasive creatures to out value opponents to eventually win the game.
Good luck deck building! +1
P.S. Some of the cards that I suggested aren't very budget friendly, but there are tons of cheaper replacements that do almost the same thing.
2 weeks ago
Got in 1 more game today and boy was it a long one. Lost, but not too surprised. All 3 of my opponents were A: playing blue and B: were running a LOT of answers lol. One of my opponents was also playing blue Braids which just threw the game on its head anyways and allowed people to drop bombs while holding up plenty of mana for answers.
I think my opponents had more fun with my grave than I did... Body Double copied my Sepulchral Primordial then that same copy was Rite of Replicationed for 5 more copies by another opponent lol.. meanwhile I was sitting on 4 mana. Sidisi, Mikaeus, and Sheoldred all turned traitor as well. All in all not a good game for evaluating how the deck did, but it was a fun game and that's all that matters.
3 weeks ago
I'd also like to know what are your thoughts on cards like: Rite of Replication as combo win with Scourge of Valkas and new Fist of Suns creature Jodah, Archmage Eternal - could they be worth a slot in this deck?
Another question is - isn't it too risky to run Karrthus without cards like Homeward Path?
4 weeks ago
This isn't super sorted, but I tried to keep similar effects together, sorted by cost as well.
General Tip - Since Narset can only cast things whenever they could be cast, instants are a big advantage
About Wraths - You won't want to cast them with Narset out, but it's better than dying(probably get 4-6)
Things to cut:
any equipment - equipment is okay, but since you don't get the equip cost for free you want to focus on low equip costs, or things that protect narset
about aura's - normally they're just card disadvantage but narset probably offsets that
bounce lands - (like Boros Garrison) are usually a little awkward and slow, in three colors you're better off with basics
Aether Gale - tricky since it needs six targets and that won't always be possible
Sea God's Revenge - bounce that only targets creatures usually isn't worth it in EDH, probably better to have hard removal
Breath of Fury - while decent if you have the creatures (and you have some token generation) it's probably not consistent enough, just run sorcs that give extra combats
Dissipation Field - often gives too much value to opponents, maybe even being a lure (lightmine field might be a decent replacement)
Dismiss Into Dreams - you're not targeting that often, and if you are it should be removal anyways
Assemble the Legion - Seems to slow to be effective
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - Need to go wide for this to be really effective
_cheap$$(around or less than a dollar): _
Swords to Plowshares(removal) - excellent creature removal, cheap if you happen to draw it
Crib Swap(removal) - still exiles a creature outright, but 3cmc
Banishing Stroke (removal, tuck, utility) - expensive hard cast without narset/miracle but tucking is often better than destroying(worse than exiling)
Relentless Assault(extra combats) - Extra attack steps with Narset is dumb, do it
Fury of the Horde(extra combats) - extra attack steps (they're the best)
Boros Charm(protection, burn) - versatile, keeps narset alive
Return to Dust(utility removal) - Exiling artifacts and enchantments is better than not
Vandalblast(Mass artifact removal) - not an exciting card, but taking out only opponents artifacts cripples some decks
Sunforger(tutor/equipment) - only good if you have enough cards it can search for, is mana intensive but if you have enough cards it can fetch it'll be worth it
Lightmine Field(pillowfort/defense) - Narset can attack through it, and keeps token swarms off your back
Crawlspace(pillowfort/defense) - Against, stops large swarms, still you'll probably get hit by the two biggest creatures
Counterflux(counterspell) - strong counterspell, wins counter wars
Render Silent(counterspell) - Makes people sad, locks them out of whole turns
Insidious Will(counterspell, spell copy) - versatile, let's you copy stronger effects from narset as well
Reverberate(spell copy) - often is what you need it to be, can be a counterspell or raw value, great for piggybacking on green ramp
Wild Ricochet(spell copy) - copy a spell, twice!
Spelltwine(spell copy, recursion) - recursion is great since you're putting so much stuff in your graveyard
Call to Mind (recursion) - you have spells, may as well re-use the best ones
Mystic Retrieval (recursion) - same but with flashback!
Mirari(spell copying) - copying any instant or sorcery for three is a pretty good deal if you don't have to pay for the spell already
Clone Legion(wincon) - With how many etb creatures people run, this can be a game ender, or enough raw value to put you ahead
Blatant Thievery(card advantage, removal) - stealing things makes people mad, but it's very effective
Journeyer's Kite(ramp) - slower than rocks, but more reliable, a slow and steady way to get mana
Brass's Bounty(ramp) - only good if you need a lot of mana one time
Chain Reaction(mass removal) - board dependent, and kills narset, sometimes you need more wraths
Day of Judgment(mass removal) - very strong
Final Judgment(mass removal) - against some decks destroying all creatures isn't enough, exiling is
_LANDS(can be boring, but are often a big part of how your deck performs): _
Command Tower - Must have in three colors
Mystic Monastery - Tapped lands aren't great, tri-color tap lands in your color are
Rogue's Passage(unblockable) - Being colorless is bad, being unblockable is good
not so cheap$$(around three or more dollars):
Path to Exile(removal) - a second StP, not all decks need it, but it is strong
Darksteel Plate(protection) - keeps your commander safer, isn't super powerful, cheap equip
Rite of Replication(wincon, value) - You still have to pay the kicker but this card is incredible
Waves of Aggression(extra combats) - take extra combats, plus you can play it from the graveyard
Wrath of God(mass removal) - it's the best, but day of judgment is as good 99% of the time
Austere Command(mass removal) - hit's only what you need it to hit, can ignore narset if necessary
Cyclonic Rift(mass removal) - one sided, but you have to pay for the kicker with narset, still can steal games
Blasphemous Act(mass removal) - often one mana
1 month ago
Got a few more games in today and went 1-2. 2 games I lost were both due to creatures (sorta). 1st loss was to a Rite of Replication copying Frost Titan that kept 6/7 of my lands tapped down and 2nd loss was to a very early Sheoldred, Whispering One in an Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder deck followed by Phyrexian Altar and Sadistic Hypnotist to seal the game.