|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Chancellor Of The Spires resolves, target rite of replication, when rites resolves, the token can target rites again?
- Can I entwine and/or kick off a cascade?
- Could I use rite of replication in conjunction with biovisionary to immediately win?
- How much exalted is 6 Sublime Archangels?
- exalted triggers, stacking & the math
Rite of Replication
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature. If Rite of Replication was kicked, put five of those tokens onto the battlefield instead.
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , , metalmagic|
|Want (5)||Wumza , DeathBySafety , Zoro343 , djskype , Ruslton|
Rite of Replication Discussion
22 hours ago
I used to have a pretty competitive Tatyova. when building her you really want to focus on her ability, she is a Landfall goddess.
LANDS: 38 More Lands are needed, Terramorphic Expanse is another Evolving Wilds and triggers Tatyova twice. and what i believe is a great land card and if not a staple for this deck Alchemist's Refuge . this card with Seedborn Muse will give you practically another turn on someone else's turn.
Since you going to be bring in lands allot, your going to want other creatures that play off the "Landfall" trigger.
Rampaging Baloths creating a 4/4 beast with every land can make you quite scary. Roil Elemental Stealing your opponents creatures when a land enters will give you huge advantage. Psychosis Crawler your going to be drawing lots of cards, might as well deal some damage with it. Hedron Crab and then we have a bit of mill... actually this is scary. you can play this card fast and let the hurt begin.
INSTANTS: Krosan Grip A K-grip is always a good card to have in a deck. Crop Rotation It brings in a land. and you can find Reliquary Tower . another land card that is a must have in a deck that will have you drawing so many cards. Deprive Returning cards to your hand is a great way to play lands again. this is a cheap spell with an EXPLOSIVE result.
ENCHANTMENT: a great card for "landfall" is Burgeoning if you can get this out early is crazy ramp. if you can get it out mid to even late game is SUPER good with all the "Landfall" triggers you might have out on the table. Courser of Kruphix here is a way to play lands from the top of your library in case you don't have any in your hand. plus some extra life gain. Exploration lets you play more land per your turn. Zendikar's Roil and some more tokens per land entering the battlefield.
ARTIFACTS: once this deck starts to really take off Aetherflux Reservoir will end games fast. Alhammarret's Archive even more life and even more card draw. Storm Cauldron is a nasty card. it will stop other plays in their tracks, while giving you all the advantage.
COMBOS: There are a few combos that are optional.
Amulet of Vigor , Perilous Forays and any token generator Rampaging Baloths , Zendikar's Roil ... you can even use your opponents creatures as sac fodder if you have Roil Elemental . HOW THIS WORKS: with Perilous Forays pay sac a creature, find a land and put it on the battlefield. triggering Zendikar's Roil creating another creature. with Amulet of Vigor that land comes in untapped, allowing you to repeat this until you have all your basic land and all the triggers you could possibly want.
this is an infinite combo Retreat to Coralhelm , Walking Atlas and Simic Growth Chamber this allows you to repeatedly bounce Simic Growth Chamber to your hand and on the battlefield as many times as you want.
So here is my suggestions. just ways to energize with Tatyova. Hope this helps.
2 days ago
Thanks for following up so fast. Nice to see your thought process.
- For me the copy package is a great asset in this list. Stealing is not strictly better imo, as copying has way more versatility than stealing does. I have won several times casting a kicked Rite of Replication on something like Kokusho. And even just copying Gary once or twice can just get you the victory. This is why I run more expensive ETB creatures like the primordial, Noxious gearhulk and Rune-Scarred Demon , since I will rarely get their effect only once. Either recurring them or coping them can generate a lot of value.
- Bolas's Citadel has been great in this deck so far, as I can steal a lot of life quite reliably with all the copy and recursion stuff going on + Gary and Kokusho. I disagree it is only good with low cmc cards. Plus it turns into a Yawgmoth's Bargain with Top. However, I agree it is probably more fitting in other decks. Still, if I'd cut it I would then replace it with another draw spell, and not something from your list of tips :|.
- Trinket mage is here mainly as a second Top for the synergy with Citadel, but can also fetch artifact lands or sol ring, so doubles as ramp or a land. I would cut this together with Citadel if I would ever cut that card.
- I see your point regarding Steal Artifact vs Acquire . Will give that some consideration.
- I put in Personal tutor because I needed my vamp tutor for another deck :). I agree it is relatively slow and could easily be cut.
- Of course there will be scenario's possible where Steal Enchantment is the winning play, but that's quite meta-dependant. And it is still more narrow than for example Mirrormade . Again, I prefer options over efficiency in this build.
- You make me at least wanna try out memory plunder, so I will put that on my maybe list :).
- I'm not sure I want to take the deck in the direction of bigger mana rocks and more expensive spells. It could synergize well with the copy-artifacts cards, so I will also take that tip into consideration. It might be a fun direction to at least try, so I might do that :).
Thanks again for your time! Exchanging thoughts on steal decks always shows me how much cool thing are possible with this archetype. All the possibilities to prevent it from becoming stale!
3 days ago
It's fine. I assumed you were low key asking for help with the Rite of Replication math as well as crediting me for helping with the Blade of Selves math. I really appreciate you crediting me for the help with the math. It means a good deal to help someone so profoundly that they give credit in future interactions.
3 days ago
I will help with Rite of Replication math too. (with bonus explanation since that is how I keep track of if I am mathing right).
Hardened Scales , Winding Constrictor , AND/OR Pir, Imaginative Rascal - Rite makes 5 tokens with counters. Them dying creates 30 triggers. 30(3+X)= 120 for one, 150 for two, 180 for three. 30 additional counters for each additional if you have more than three counter adders.
Magical Christmas land of all 5- Rite makes 10 tokens with counters. Them dying creates 110 triggers. 110(4(4(3+3)+3))=11,880 counters in 110 batches of 108. +/- 2,200 for each counter adder more or less (change of 20 per batch).
4 days ago
6x3=18 counters in 6 increments of 3 counters.
Hardened Scales , Winding Constrictor , AND/OR Pir, Imaginative Rascal - Two tokens are created with counters. They leave the battlefield and six instances of placing counters are created. One, Two, or Three counters are added (or more, respectively) both on creation and on trigger resolution.
With 1 = 30 counters in 6 increments of 5 counters.
With 2 = 42 counters in 6 increments of 7 counters.
With 3 = 54 counters in 6 increments of 9 counters.
+12 Counters for each additional counter.
Corpsejack Menace Only - Two tokens are created with counters. They leave the battlefield and six instances of placing counters are created. Counters are doubled both on creation and on trigger resolution.
6(2(2(3)))=72 counters in 6 increments of 12 counters.
Doubling Season Only - Four tokens are created with counters. They leave the battlefield and twenty instances of placing counters are created. Counters are doubled both on creation and on trigger resolution.
20(2(2(3)))=240 counters in 20 increments of 12 counters.
Corpsejack Menace AND Doubling Season - Four tokens are created with counters. They leave the battlefield and twenty instances of placing counters are created. Counters are quadrupled both on creation and on trigger resolution.
20(4(4(3)))=960 counters in 20 increments of 48 counters.
And this just off Blade of Selves which can be a Commander damage kill as early as turn 3. T1 Sol Ring into Blade, T2 Reyhan, T3 equip, swing, and murdelize a mofo. Now imagine a kicked Rite of Replication ! (If your brain just melted... I understand).
1 week ago
The plan is usually cast Golos as quickly as possible. Then it's blink or clone him as much as possible to get gates on the battlefield. I don't think there's much I'd change about my deck, but it's also tuned for my play group. The last game I played with it, two gates got exiled, so I had to switch strategies and shifted to Dark Depths and Thespian's Stage to get a Marit Lage out. Field of the Dead also put in a ton of work. So there's backups to the gate strategy, but it can happen very quickly. Something like Rite of Replication gets you halfway there by itself. Circuitous Route into a Dualcaster Mage isn’t bad either.
1 week ago
Randrik, thanks for your input however this is mainly a competitive deck. Time Stretch and Rite of Replication does not win games, and especially with no way to cheat them out makes it unnecessarily clunky and too high to cast for it's CMC.
The only good turns would be a storm like deck in a more competitive meta. Other than that I would consider running Final Fortune over any of the blue extra turns as my win condition combo is compact.
Appreciate your thoughts!
Rite of Replication occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
UR (Izzet): 0.57%