|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As Vanquisher's Banner enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1.
Whenever you cast a creature spell of the chosen type, draw a card.
Vanquisher's Banner Discussion
1 day ago
I wouldnt focus on Vanquisher's Banner . It will make your Mana curve hard to reach. On the other hand Mentor of the Week is a great addition. I personally love that card. Also you can look into Tocatli Honor Guard and Thalia, Heretic Cathar and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben for sideboard, and main board Conclave Tribunal and Radiant Destiny . For more card draw Ranger of Eos , Survival Cache and Bygone Bishop
4 days ago
Costly Plunder is too costly. Vanquisher's Banner is too slow to get out. In their place I would be looking at Shimmer of Possibility , Demonic Vigor and Aether Tunnel (possibly 2 of each) - - more early unblockable creatures, more creatures returned to the hand if killed, and a bit more card search. You would be dropping your average cmc and boosting blue a bit more. Maybe -3 Swamp , +3 Island
1 week ago
Cryptolith Fragment Flip Just seems like a bad card overall but it fits the theme and gives you mana. I would put Thran Dynamo in for more mana, and maybe some of the 3 costing mana rocks. Other than that, it depends on how you feel about more tribal support, things like Vanquisher's Banner or Door of Destinies . Solemn Simulacrum is another colorless ramp you could add as well.
1 week ago
kevinscheurwater I kinda like your suggestions, thank you! I might have to add, i don't want to play this as a graveyard synergy deck (i already have a Meren reanimator) and want this to be a kind of "beatdown" deck. I haven't playtested it, I will test it on saturday. I agree on the Corpse Harvester and the Midnight Reaper and you might be right about the Stitcher Geralf as well, although he is mainly in the deck due to flavor, because i love the Twins. Coat of Arms and the Vanquisher's Banner seem indeed a bit situational. I thought about replacing it with a Risen Executioner at first. All in all Training Grounds might be the first Card to addm the rest needs some testing.
1 week ago
Training Grounds is an auto include. You should not doubt about it.
Some cards I would add are:
- Paradox Haze This card speeds up the killing
- Negate Keeps away spot removal like Path to Exile
- Cryptic Command Multifunctional Counterspell
- Mystic Confluence Multifunctional Counterspell number 2
- Countersquall Dimir counter for noncreature, again protection for your god
- Disallow Wide counter and counters activated abilities
- Entomb Dumb any bomb in your graveyard and reanimate it
- Vampiric Tutor Toolboxing
- Demonic Tutor Toolboxing
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth / Cabal Coffers
- Necropotence Best card draw black has to offer. Especiialy Necropotence will refill your hand for maybe 4-5 life
- Vedalken Orrery / Leyline of Anticipation 2 allstars in scarab god. Makes your turns the following, draw and pass turn. Play everything before you take your turn. Most importantly keeps your mana open to target cards in the graveyard of opponents
- Consecrated Sphinx Not a zombie but too good to ignore.
- Damnation / Life's Finale / Decree of Pain / or any boardwhipe really. You need to fill up them graveyards!
- Phenax, God of Deception Filling up them Graveyards!
- Crypt Ghast Insane amount of mana, gives you more activations on your God
These are just some suggestion (I know they can be a problem budgetwise).
Things i would cut:
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Last_Laugh , thx for the comment much appreciated !
I don't have the feeling i need ramp when i play my deck, i compared our decks and yours runs bigger vamps than mine so i get the point of it in yours, I only run 7 cards that are above 4mana. I'd rather play an aggro card than a ramp card.
Draw is something that's always handy to have, Necropotence is the best fuel in my case but im happy with the card advantages that Phyrexian Arena , Twilight Prophet , Skullclamp , Vanquisher's Banner give me! Even Athreos, God of Passage can end a game real quick or give me a lot of card advantage.
2 weeks ago
I would swap Mikaeus, the Lunarch with Enclave Cryptologist as hes kinda slow and this way you can get some more card draw going for you. Contagion Engine does not really mesh well with your deck I would swap it out for Door of Destinies and Inexorable Tide with Reconnaissance for similar reasons of improving attack ability. Add in Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as it can be massive mana ramp, I would remove whatever land you feel you don't need to much, probably Azorius Chancery . True Conviction for Vanquisher's Banner to help keep up that card draw.
Vanquisher's Banner occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
All decks: 0.08%