|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
For each opponent, gain control of target permanent that player controls. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||NOGzFTW , Hootiequack , xXThormentXx , Nemesis , frederiklw , thetechzombie , NobleSlay3r , LegendDeer , Dimarx , KillDatBUG , coyler2016 , ironax , Metaphisyk , sonnet666 , burnedbread , damo_rox , Spinalripper , mziter501 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac , Thunderbeard , Pumpkinking913 , ShishkyBob|
|Want (35)||LurchenGamer , indiefan , , shaistyone , xpsychovampx , MementoMuffin , cainanunes , B4rberblacksheep , pelzee , loganbowers , pumahands , CryAll , kovellen , ItaPuma , Kaedom , DPGamer17 , Moonling , Daeyel , coadster , Riders_of_Brohan , ostiarius , kvfd1719 , Wolfninja , lightbow , Cromby , Goatsgiats , marcus638 , 25Hour , PopeJonIII , jsdk70 , CaptianClueless , Jaberw0cky , zephyrmoth , oswrick , ilmau|
Blatant Thievery Discussion
2 days ago
Hello Cloudius and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I checked out your creatureless version, very nice! Looks like quite a formidable deck!
I thought to go light on creatures at first, but in my last edits I turned the deck more creature heavy, as my first take was not working out all that well. My current version has some mill effects coupled with reanimation of opponent creatures through effects like Sepulchral Primordial, but the jury is out still if my deck is trying to do too many different mechanics. If I continue along this path of using the opponent deck against them, I will likely add Blatant Thievery and Bribery if I can free them up from other decks.
Best of luck and cheers!
1 month ago
You have 137 cards, you need to drop 37?
Drop all three temples, bounce lands, Sunken Hollow and Smoldering Marsh, Forge of Heroes, Command Beacon, the three lands like Sulfur Falls, Dragonskull Summit, Desolate Lighthouse, and Drowned Catacomb, total of 13 lands, but add City of Brass, Gemstone Caverns, Ancient Tomb, Mana Confluence, Tarnished Citadel, Gemstone Mine, Shivan Reef, Underground River, and Command Tower
Total loss of cards = 5, rest needed = 32
Mainboard additions I'd suggest?
Talisman of Dominance, Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Indulgence, Bottomless Pit, Dark Confidant, Snapcaster Mage, Timetwister, Ponder, Brainstorm, Laboratory Maniac, Demonic Consultation, Tainted Pact, Imperial Seal, Dismember, Chain of Vapor, Pact of Negation, Mystic Remora, Swan Song, Delay, Dispel, Liliana of the Veil, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Chrome Mox, Mana Vault, Mox Diamond, Lotus Petal, and Rolling Earthquake.
Addition of 27 cards = 59 total to drop
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent, Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Vedalken Humiliator, The Scarab God, Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh, Liliana Vess, The Eldest Reborn, Painful Quandary, Pendrell Mists, Mind's Dilation, Omniscience, Leyline of Anticipation, Hero's Downfall, Stunning Reversal, Rakdos Charm, Thrilling Encore, Countersquall, Desertion, Go for the Throat, Fraying Omnipotence, Hour of Devastation, Tormenting Voice, Torment of Hailfire, Syphon Mind, Disrupt Decorum, Dark Intimations, Cruel Ultimatum, Blatant Thievery, Beacon of Unrest, Blasphemous Act, Damnation, Bloodchief Ascension, Disciple of Bolas, Etali, Primal Storm, Nightveil Specter, Fell Specter, Blazing Specter, Augur of Bolas, Clever Impersonator, Jace's Archivist, Kess, Dissident Mage, Mystic Confluence, Disallow, Cryptic Command, Reforge the Soul, Megrim, Liliana's Caress, Entreat the Dead, Phyrexian Arena, Rhystic Study, Search for Azcanta Flip, Dream Salvage, Chromatic Lantern, Expedition Map, Lightning Greaves, Worldgorger Dragon, Animate Dead, Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Glacial Chasm
That should do it! 100 card deck!
The biggest upside to my switches and drops is the extreme amount of lowering that is done to the average cmc of the deck, along with the droppage of slower cards that do little without other spells. The new gameplan would be use discard and disruption like countermagic and removal to stop your opponents just long enough to use Laboratory Maniac with Demonic Consultation or Tainted Pact to exile your deck, and usually a draw spell like Brainstorm. More tutors for consistent gameplay is in the switches too.
1 month ago
So first things first, this deck is all about value. The cards you use for this deck should bring a ton of value as you are cheating them out for next to nothing. For instance, what value does Bringer of the Red Dawn bring really if you could just play Act of Treason for it's same ability? Who cares about the body it has, but when you play a card in Jodah is should warp the entire game.
As far as your landfall sub theme... I think you should cut it altogether. A real landfall deck requires a LOT of specific cards, most of which you DO NOT have in the deck. Cards like Roil Elemental are good on their own with you just playing one land a turn. Omnath and Ob Nixilis are cards you have to commit to for them to truly shine.
With that in mind the following cards I think are too weak for this deck, and should be cut:
- Bringer of the Red Dawn
- Ashen Rider: Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger is just strictly better.
- Empyrial Archangel: this is more of a personal card, as for this card to be effective you'd need to have Avacyn out as well.
- Frost Titan: Just not enough value.
- Kokusho: Requires someone to Kill it, and doesn't immediately have an effect. Plus it's gonna be a real "feels bad" moment when they Path/Swords/Unmake it and no trigger
- Mindleech Mass: It requires you to do combat damage before it does anything which means theres a whole turn for anyone in your pod to deal with it.
- Ramunap Excavator
- Ob Nixilis
- Reya Dawnbringer: It is a fact that enchantments and artifacts are harder to kill than creatures, it is with that in mind I would say just play Debtors' Knell over Reya.
- Urabrask the Hidden: It's good, but it A) Makes you a huge target because you are messing with people's boards and B) just isn't as good as Authority of the Consuls
- Garruk Wildspeaker: In any ordinary deck this would be fine but since he doesn't do much I'd suggest his bigger, meaner form Garruk, Apex Predator
- Khalni Gem: This is expensive, and it sets you back more than it helps you. The idea with mana rocks is to get you ahead with lands, try Coalition Relic
- Treacherous Terrain: This card is only good against decks that ramp, or in the late game, in which case you'd rather see something else like a Time Stretch.
Cards I would suggest for this deck:
- Najeela, the Blade-Blossom
- Nexus of Fate
- Baneful Omen
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
- Zacama, Primal Calamity
- Demonlord Belzenlok
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Storm Herd
- Plague Wind
- Rise of the Dark Realms
- In Garruk's Wake
- Blatant Thievery
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
- Karn Liberated
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
If you think my advice was helpful or if you want to check out my version of the deck, upvote and check it out here.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 3 COMMENTS | 94 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 months ago
I know you went budget, but I'd consider:
- Baral, Chief of Compliance for more cheap stuff (I know it's pricy, but maybe when it rotates out).
- Time Stop it's super flavorful and sometimes could mean "take an extra turn after this one"(it's much cheaper than it says).
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is the flashy oh crap where's my hand buddy. He really is.
- Future Sight/Magus of the Future are both pretty interesting.
- Expropriate/Blatant Thievery because they're the steal spells (but where's my money at?).
- Chasm Skulker like wtf, when it drops you drop Rich's mom's cheesecake too.
- Ixidron just maybe, since your creatures are already 2/2, but they'd lose flying :/
- Inkwell Leviathan is a good hard-to-remove beater.
- Sphinx of Uthuun also filters and everything. No need for 2/2 when you got 5/6 fat butt lying around, amirite? Kinda.
- Niblis of Frost/Quiet Contemplation for when Tidespout Tyrant gets exiled.
- Swarm Intelligence because double spell means double fun.
- Sapphire Medallion with the Charlie Brown misprint :P
- Trail of Evidence because it's a damn cool art.
- Gravitational Shift to punch hard and feel less pain. Plus Emrakul doing a barrel roll with a lil' drakeling on the art so it's 100% legit and 100.5% flavour.
I know probably 17,5/4 of the cards of this list are not already in for a reason, but i didn't have un cazzo da fare for 20 minutes, so there you have it, I guess.
2 months ago
The deck looks fun, but, how do you win? I mean, you can control player's creatures, but it doesn't seems to be enougth, and you also have a lot of removals. I think you need to explore another ways do win the game, and for that, you'll need to change a lot of cards, and I sugest to do this with the artifacts.
I'll sugest those: The Locust God, Metallurgic Summonings, Frost Titan, Rite of Replication and Blatant Thievery.
You can copy Frost Titan for five tokens and have a good swing to someone, because you'll tap almost every powerful creature he could have.
Have a great game :)
2 months ago
KongMing Bribery is in the deck and I may add the Sphinx but the CMC is to high for these cards. Acquireonly grabs an artifact and that is going to be a hit or miss where Bribery I can take their best creature. Blatant Thievery should go in the side board though, you are right about that.
2 months ago
Stealing stuff from multiple opponents? Why not Blatant Thievery?