Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$4.15||$6.1||$15.68||$10.4||2.01 TIX||2.52 TIX|
Hero's Downfall Discussion
14 hours ago
I don't know if you're playing enough enchantments for Eidolon of Blossoms to work well, Surrak, the Hunt Caller could be a good replacement, or even Thunderbreak Regent for a flier that punishes removal. I also like Display of Dominance in the side to deal with Hero's Downfall, Murderous Cut, Encase in Ice, etc.
17 hours ago
1 day ago
Such a long list, I had to grab my laptop to make responding easier.
First off there was Bloodsoaked Champion and Bloodghast, both of these are 2/1s with no really scary ability. If they die they will be back in my hand, however they will die easily so I think without them I would be fine. Same thing with Gravecrawler
Desecration Demon I am unsure about how that card is, I have plenty of opponents so probably won't attack much. My friend is putting it in his Mono Black commander, I'll see how it does there. Also, just not a fan of Abyssal Persecutor
Erebos, God of the Dead, okay so first off flavor win. Other than that not much special, I have a few ways to make 1/1s, Skullclamp would get me more cards than Erebos, God of the Dead, Phyrexian Arena and Underworld Connections all combined. However that is one card in 99 so might add one of the three.
Cabal Coffers eventually.
1 day ago
1 day ago
Zeondragon: I don't run Atarka, World Render because I don't like a 7 drop that dies to Stoke the Flames. This deck focuses on the 4 and 5 drop slots, and if I am going to play a 7 drop it better change the field the second it comes into play. It is entirely possible that when Atarka, World Render hits the field there are no dragons on the field, alternatively when Dragonlord Atarka hits the field it immediately decimates tokens, or takes out one creature with 5 or less toughness, or kills a planeswalker (or at least moves Ugin, the Spirit Dragon away from ultimate range). I would run Hornet Queen over Atarka, World Render because 5 deathtouching fliers can't be removed by a single Hero's Downfall
I don't run Crucible of Fire because I don't need it. Dragons are pretty big on there own and I only have 10 dragons in the deck. Just like with Atarka, World Render there is a chance that my field is made up of a couple hydras and a phoenix at the moment that I play Crucible of Fire. I would rather run Become Immense as a universal pump spell that can delve to cost 1 mana, can target any of my creatures, and with instant speed I can swing with 3 creatures and cast this on which ever one gets through unblocked
1 day ago
Hmmm. Yes, I see. I forgot the power level of commander. Are any of the other cards useful? If not I'll dig for more because I'd like to at least give you some sort of help.
I dunno. I'm not much of an EDH player, but I'll suggest cards until you find a few useful ones. Sorry, I wish I was more helpful. I gave you an upvote though!
1 day ago
Completely redid the sideboard. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me prepared for a wide variety of opponents. Moved Hero's Downfall and Sunscorch Regent from main deck to sideboard due to mana cost. Main decked a pair of Secure the Wastes because the card is good at any turn. Main concern right now is weakness in the air. Considering Aven Skirmisher as an early option in the air because it works with my tribal theme at a really low CMC, but am not sure if I want to try it yet.
1 day ago
Ugin is a problem...You'll have to rely on Thoughtseize and stopping your opponent from getting him out early for the moment. If it turns out to be extremely common then you may consider running Hero's Downfall, but hopefully everything else would be able to prevent an ugin from hitting the field.
|Avg. draft pick||2.2|
|Avg. cube pick||2.67|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Hero's Downfall + Izzet Charm + Magma Jet
- Hero's Downfall + Master of the Feast + Pain Seer
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall
- Endless Obedience + Hero's Downfall
- Abrupt Decay + Dreadbore + Hero's Downfall
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall + Ultimate Price
- Hero's Downfall + Orzhov Charm
- Hero's Downfall + Vampire Hexmage
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall + Thoughtseize
- Courser of Kruphix + Elspeth, Sun's Champion + Hero's Downfall
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall + Sultai Charm
- Hero's Downfall + Utter End
- Banishing Light + Hero's Downfall + Murderous Cut
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall + Perilous Vault
- Dreadbore + Hero's Downfall
- Hero's Downfall + Stormbreath Dragon
- Abzan Charm + Hero's Downfall
- Agent of the Fates + Hero's Downfall
- Hero's Downfall + Murderous Cut + Utter End
- Hero's Downfall + Murderous Cut
- Gods Willing + Hero's Downfall
- Hero's Downfall + Valorous Stance
- Bile Blight + Hero's Downfall + Murderous Cut
- Bile Blight + Crux of Fate + Hero's Downfall
- Dissolve + Hero's Downfall
- Hero's Downfall + Lightning Strike
- Abzan Charm + Dromoka's Command + Hero's Downfall
- Abrupt Decay + Maelstrom Pulse + Hero's Downfall
- Hero's Downfall + Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni