Destroy all creatures. Each player loses life equal to the number of creatures he or she controlled that were destroyed this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Deadly Tempest Discussion
3 days ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
5 days ago
Yeah, it's okay. Basically you've got it, because the entire spell, be it a Wrath of God, or a Deadly Tempest, or a Life's Finale, the entire spell has to resolve completely and be removed from the stack before any triggered abilities can be put onto the stack off of the events it caused.
When say Requiem Angel triggers, the ability that it puts onto the stack simply reads "create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying". It doesn't care what's happened to the angel that the ability came from. However, when Elenda's first ability triggers and goes onto the stack, it reads "put a +1/+1 counter on Elenda, the Dusk Rose". By this time, Elenda is already dead, and you can't put counters on dead creatures.
1 week ago
Nice deck...brutal...but nice :)
I'd suggest a couple more boardwipes for control: Toxic Deluge and Deadly Tempest are great. If you prefer targeted removal, I really like Curtains' Call. It can be great value with the cost reduction.
Sidisi works well with repeated graveyard reanimation. Let Sidisi go to the graveyard and keep on bringing her back. Coffin Queen, Chainer, Dementia Master, and Corpse Dance are all great repeatable reanimation effects.
You may also want a little more ramp just to make sure you hit it each game. I like Myriad Landscape in mono coloured decks. Getting more swamps on the field works well for Crypt Ghast and Cabal Coffers. Ditto for Wayfarer's Bauble.
Hope this helps
1 month ago
With you're description I'm not sure you fully understand how Baron Von Count works. He doesn't care what their converted mana cost is. All he cares about are the numerals printed on the card. For example Nirkana Cutthroat has 1,2,3,4,5 printed somewhere on the card. So no matter where the counter is on the Baron it would go down one. Shriekmaw only has 1,2,3,4 printed on it. Also be careful as the Planeswalker starting count does NOT count as it is not within what Baron looks at. For example Sorin Markov only has 1,2,3 printed on it, and the 4 does not count (yes the numeral 1 counts from the printed "life total becomes 10").
You have a lot of Un-cards that don't really help Baron. If you're just looking to play the cards then they are fine to keep in. You also have a few ok cards in the deck that also only provide a few numbers for the Baron.
Not really useful Un-cards (only provide up to 2 numbers): Show
Not really useful cards (only provide up to 2 numbers): Show
I've tried building my own deck Count from 5. I've also compiled a spreadsheet to help me add cards to my deck counting the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 on different cards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i77tFtrQXR7FkVuaYcrp-ICaJS_BUzCfbnI6TfwYXTo/edit?usp=sharing
1 month ago
t3hdarkness on Life
1 month ago
Your deck shares some superficial similarities to my Get a Life, Licia
Since the Act of gaining Life is more important than how much life you gain and since most of your creatures are very small with almost no recursion, and your commander is targeted removal on a stick, I would take out some of the field wipes, removal, and mana rocks.
If you want specifics:
3 months ago
Hey xander11! I'd be glad to help!
In these voltron decks its always best to use equipment over enchantments unless the commander synergizes with enchantments or is hexproof like Sigarda or Bruna. This keeps you from being 2 for 1 when someone is able to remove Zurgo. The only Auras I would use are ones like Gift of Immortality since it is hard to get rid of.
Because of Zurgo's unique ability in being indestructible on your turn, sweepers are fantastic. What you have is a good start but I would also add Damnation, Divine Reckoning, Blasphemous Act, Decree of Pain, Deadly Tempest etc.... This also means other creatures should either be indestructible as well (like the Gods) or synergize with equipment or make Zurgo even more aggressive or evasive in some way. Creatures like Godo, Bandit Warlord, Stonehewer Giant, Sram, Senior Edificer, Puresteel Paladin, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Brutal Hordechief etc....
3 months ago
- Cut the 4-drop Elspeth, add Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Cut the Jace, Architect of Thought, add Jace, the Mind Sculptor
- Cut the Narset-walker and both Kiora planeswalkers, add Nissa, Steward of Elements, Ajani Unyielding, and Nissa, Worldwaker
- Cut Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and the two white Sorin walkers, add Liliana Vess, Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh, and Ajani Steadfast
- Cut the mono-blue Tamiyo, add Ob Nixilis Reignited
- Cut the 5-drop Vraska for Vraska, Relic Seeker
- Swap Death Cloud for Damnation, Profound Journey for Wrath of God, Decree of Pain for Deadly Tempest, Obliterate for Terminus, Jokulhaups for Fumigate, and Obzedat's Aid for Planar Outburst