Not legal in any format
Combos Browse all
All creatures have "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this creature unless you pay (1)."
Price & Acquistion
Pendrell Mists Discussion
1 week ago
Oh yeah, quick FYI- cards like Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, etc., don't prevent opponents from attacking your Planeswalkers. Those cards only keep you from being attacked by creatures, not your Planeswalkers.
And, uh, I know it may be considered a dick move, but I'm a fan of Jokulhaups in Super Friends decks. It doesn't interact with enchantments at all and it destroys the permanent type that most easily deals with your Planeswalkers (and since it eliminates lands too, that means it'll take them much longer before getting more on the field to attack your walkers, too). It might be a good idea to remove one of your more expensive/least impactful planeswalkers to add that in, if you think your playgroup could tolerate it. If not, don't worry about it and just replace Ghostly Prison with something else since that won't protect your planeswalker army.
4 weeks ago
You can run the sun, You only run one PW. It should be fine. In case things get a little rough though, always have a good bounce instant such as: Blink of an Eye Into the Roil Venser, Shaper Savant (My favorite)
I like running these cards in my deck in conjunction with the orbs. I run 3 PWs, that's the only reason I don't play the sun.
As for mana rocks, I see now some good one's in your deck. If, and only "if", you want to go big test out Mana Vault, Mana Crypt. Mox Amber Should work just fine as well. I am concerned for need to rebuild after a Armageddon, you could consider running Flagstones of Trokair, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds for recursion, and Land Taxis a must. Voltaic Key to untap the rocks. Commander's Sphere and Darksteel Ingot, Mind Stone. If you're feeling low on colored mana, Coalition Relic and Chromatic Lantern can help.
Select your rocks carefully to match your playstyle. Just, don't overdue. You need to stax the hell out of them, mercy is not an option here.
If you need some more staxing effects, might I suggest: Energy Flux to break artifact themed-decks. Pendrell Mists and Magus of the Tabernacle to break creature heavy decks. Cards that steal control of permanents can also be good. By the way,Phyrexian Metamorph is a great card for a sneaky play (either coping something good or something like a Ulamog).
Dismiss into Dream can be situational, but can also be a great weapon against pump, equipment or aura decks.
1 month ago
I arguably run as many or less basic lands than the typical EDH deck--basically because this is a very color-intensive two-color deck. So, given that there are generally three other opponents sitting at the table, a lot of times the "symmetrical" effect of Back to Basics is going to hurt me more than (at least one of) my opponents. Portcullis is interesting, but seeing as it costs four, doesn't eliminate creatures already on the battlefield, and is basically a giant Oblivion Ring in that if destroyed (and there's plenty of artifact destruction floating around your typical EDH table) everything comes back, I fail to see how it is any better than simply running a sixth "wrath" effect such as Day of Judgment or Rout.
Cards that I have previously considered that do similar things to the two cards that you have proposed and that have been mentioned here before I believe are Pendrell Mists, Mana Web, and Static Orb. If I ever were to take this deck further in the "Stax" direction that would probably be where I'd start.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I really enjoy pillow fort decks. I wanted to do one myself.
In place of Morningtide can be replaced by Scavenger Grounds. Dictate of Kruphix can get cut, only because card advantage is the most important thing in Commander. I think Profane Procession Flip is just ok, I would just cut it for more mill cards or anti attack/block enchantments or Porphyry Nodes. War Tax Eats up a ton of mana and can be replaced with Pendrell Mists mega punishhment
Draw engines are really scary when it comes to commander as well Howling Mine can allow me to draw into Bane of Progress Cleansing Meditation and swing the game in my favor. Rhystic Study Mystic Remora Consecrated Sphinx are all so unfair, and it makes so that you're the only beneficiary.
Recovery Open the Vaults Replenish will help you recover from an implosion. Greater Auramancy is a potential upgrade for the future, expensive but very nice. Also if you make the deck more enchantment heavy Sigil of the Empty Throne is super fun Runed Halo and Nevermore are really mean against someones commanders as well.
Lands Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
3 months ago
Made a few more changes. Replacing Agent of Erebos with Leyline of the Void in the main board and making a switch from Temple of Enlightenment and Temple of Silence to Adarkar Wastes and Caves of Koilos. Also made several changes to the maybeboard adding Delaying Shield, Divine Presence, Overburden, Pendrell Mists and Reverence and removing Ethereal Armor, Merciless Eviction, Toxic Deluge and Athreos, God of Passage.
4 months ago
I think a big problem with control is the multiplayer aspect of EDH. impossible to counter everything from 3 players, and trying makes you the target. I'd go with stax, what GAAIV already does.
Stax: Chancellor of the Annex,Spelltithe Enforcer, Kataki, War's Wage, Overburden, Meekstone, Lodestone Golem, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Fatespinner, Windborn Muse, Magus of the Tabernacle, Magus of the Moat, Trinisphere, Suppression Field, Pendrell Mists
Even if you don't go into the stax strategy hardcore, a lot of these might still be useful for you. Good luck!
5 months ago
Oh boy do I love control in EDH. Let me recommend some stuff.
- Aura of Silence Turning your opponents Sol Rings into slightly better Worn Powerstones is really solid tempo control.
- Kismet/Frozen AEther more solid tempo control.
- Invoke Prejudice Invoke Racism jokes aside, this card can slow games to a crawl. Shame about the pricetag though.
- Pendrell Mists My dude, its the Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, but not $1,000.
- Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory How about making countering stuff a much easier affair? If you're playing the long game, this rarely hurts you and watching ramp pull their hair out is hilarious.
- Torpor Orb This card can be a little tricky because it will hurt you too if you're not careful, but people forget how many staples in EDH are ETB creatures. Shutting them all off is a great power to have over your opponents.
- Ghostly Prison/Propaganda Consider these as some solid protection against aggro. Not perfect, but you do often force them into either tapping out to attack you or tapping out to cast things.
- Meishin, the Mind Cage Maybe consider if you want something a little more potent than Propaganda?
- Wrath of God/Evacuation/Oblivion Stone This deck should have a couple of reset buttons.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Good. Very good. Cast your Wurmcoil EOT, give yourself protection on your turn. Maybe throw in Grand Abolisher too.
- Mimic Vat Maybe not something immediately thought of when control comes to mind, but a very versatile toolbox card. You don't always have to be grabbing someones Akroma. In fact, using something like Sakura-Tribe Elder every turn is also really strong.
- Annul Annul is really good in EDH.
Wow that was way longer of a post than I thought it would be. Sorry! Hope I was helpful!