Colossus of Akros
Artifact Creature — Golem
10: Monstrosity 10. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put ten +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.)
As long as Colossus of Akros is monstrous, it has trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price -1%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.28||$1.38||$3.99||$2.02||0.01 TIX||0.03 TIX|
|Have (17)||Kravian , guessling , Mousemke , veritates1 , Riders_of_Brohan , nighthawk101 , CampbellStev , the.beanpole , sonnet666 , pskinn01 , jwe94 , saj0219 , gildan_bladeborn , hcma , smashbro35 , onomastico , Bassmaster|
Colossus of Akros Discussion
6 days ago
I absolutely love the idea. I thought I would go find some card ideas to give you, but there were so many that I'll just give you a link at the end.
Some quick ones though: Axebane Guardian, Assault Formation, AEther Membrane, Archers' Parapet, Colossus of Akros, Drift of Phantasms, Flamewright, and Grozoth. And that is only a few small additions to the deck, depending on if you want to stall with defenders, attack with defenders, or just get value from defenders.
On a side note, while I like the idea of Doorkeeper, milling effectively 90 cards over the course of the game is nearly impossible. There is a mill combo with Junktroller and Tunnel Vision if you are interested in that though.
Here's the link I promised to a list of cards that mention "defender". There are 200+, but that's where I found most of these ideas here.
6 days ago
Thanks MartialArt, some of the cards in this deck are specialised for my playgroup. The reason why I keep Iona, Shield of Emeria is because none of my friends have mono-coloured decks (I know everyone in my playgroup well) so if anyone played mono-coloured I would either cut Iona, Shield of Emeria or play her and say "GG" and we would scoop and start again.
As for Colossus of Akros I really like that card for some reason (I don't know why), so I will keep him, maby I'll cut him if I need room for other cards, also his monstrosity makes him a 20/20 indestructible, trample so my opponent will have a hard time blocking him with a 1/1.
My deck is a hybrid between annoyance for my opponents Iona, Shield of Emeria and fun/semi-group hug Selvala, Explorer Returned and Pyxis of Pandemonium and I love playing cards like Pyxis of Pandemonium and Xenagos, the Reveler that randomly reveal cards and change the game drastically. Anything drastic is fun. So if you have any other suggestions like those and Possibility Storm randomness is key.
Regards The Sardine A.K.A AnonymouSAvatar
6 days ago
Hi. I was called to help so here I am.
Some cutting suggestions right away:
- Admonition Angel: I used her before in my deck but she is simply too inconsistent. And the big problem is: If your opponent uses a Wrath of God the only one not having something will be you since it all returns to the battlefield. Huge NO in my oppinion.
- Blightsteel Colossus: This may sound rediculous but unless you can deal with one of these on the opponents side effectively don't use it. If you are hit by a Bribery this one will kill you. And Bribery is not the only spell able to hit you hard if you use this card.
- Colossus of Akros: No benefit at all. It is big and doesn't kill opponents. What doesn't kill doesn't win you games. And if you pump it for 10 mana it gets blocked out by a 1/1.
- Hydra Broodmaster: This one doesn't help you here. it eats a lot of mana you could use for other things. Like casting something or using your commander.
- Iona, Shield of Emeria: Why cutting her. You should cut her if you are playing casual commander since it is a friendly multiplayer setting. If everyone else feels fine with it ok but the mono color player will angrily leave the game. No fun at all.
- Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas: First of all you need to cast to make him bigger so your commander doesn't count. Second your commander doesn't get him out since he is too small. Third he won't get big enough to make a difference and will see the game mostly only once.
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion: If you don't cast him he is simply and only big. Doesn't help. If you want to include Eldrazis (wich I didn't for personal reasons) use one with annihilator so you get a benefit even if the cast ability doesn't trigger.
- Selvala, Explorer Returned: Too friendly. Don't help your opponents ever. And getting mana is easier with other things.
- Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger: Yes he exiles from the library when attacking but this doesn't help getting damage through. Use one with annihilator instead or sth with trample. Helps you win games faster then he does.
- Tempt with Discovery: Too friendly. Don't help your opponent being able to cast all the answers for your cards he has.
- Pyxis of Pandemonium: Too dangerous. Just imagine. If you get nothing and your opponent gets a Avacyn, Angel of Hope you really have fucked up. And don't help your oppnent.
- Temple of the False God: You need colored mana. That's the most important thing. And you will hate this land if you get it and only have 3 other lands. Every land should help you with mana any time.
- Reliquary Tower: If you have more then 7 cards in your hand in this deck you did something wrong. Terribly wrong. Better get some colored mana.
- Iroas, God of Victory: Firstly all your things should be big enough so they won't be killed of. Even if they are killed off your oppnent will loose more. And secondly this one doesn't do well with Vigor out since you really want the effect of Vigor.
Then some suggestion:
First of all you NEED more ramp. Why? You are too concentrated on your commander. She WILL be killed and then you will be too slow. You need to be able to cast your things if she gets killed and you need to be able to cast your things in addition to using your commander.
Then your should really use the following:
- Asceticism: You use a Archetype of Endurance and don't use the enchantement that does this but only better and adds regeneration? Please use this.
- Defense of the Heart, Pattern of Rebirth, Lurking Predators, Hunting Grounds: Always having a lot of possibilities to get in your fatties is really helping.
- Worldspine Wurm: If you use enough ramp you can even hardcast this thing. Getting it out with the possibilities above is easy and your commander can do this too. Big + is he survives a mass destruction with you still having beaters.
- Soul of the Harvest: There are things you want to draw. Use it. Its big, it tramples and gives you cards, even with your commanders ability.
- Day of Judgment, Austere Command and Wrath of God. You really need to be able to clear the board if you are outpowered. If you can use mass destruction you should really consider them in commander.
I hope this helps. Greets MA.
2 weeks ago
After the first trial, the main problem is defence.It's good with attack, and I managed to deal consistent damage with my all creatures having double strike, and some had flying.However, when my opponent had a 10/10 Colossus of Akros on the battlefield, I wasn't able to kill it. Everything else were indestructible artifacts, which made it annoying to use kill spells...Any tips?
1 month ago
If you are wanting to replace it with just a large creature, I have several suggestions! Worldspine Wurm, Archetype of Endurance (which is good for protecting creatures), Bellowing Tanglewurm, Primordial Hydra,and maybe Colossus of Akros (one of my favorite cards).
I love green decks and this is a pretty awesome one! Very similar to my commander deck, Omnath, Locus of Awesome. +1 from me!
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but thought I'd double check.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all