|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Colossus of Akros
Artifact Creature — Golem
10: Monstrosity 10. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put ten +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.)
As long as Colossus of Akros is monstrous, it has trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Kravian , acbooster , golgarigirl , Riders_of_Brohan , CampbellStev , the.beanpole , sonnet666 , pskinn01 , saj0219 , Kiortio , gildan_bladeborn , Pelli|
Colossus of Akros Discussion
5 days ago
In case you haven't Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts would be perfect in that deck. Using stuff like Pariah And Pariah's Shield on someone like Palisade Giant Protector of the Crown (or Stuffy Doll) Plus indestructibility is bonkers. Or Guardian of the Gateless with indestructibility. And Colossus of Akros Is a stupid, but fun game ender
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.
2 weeks ago
Paradox Engine is a must have. It's almost always a win if you can get it down in a deck like this. As an addition, I'd actually recommend Endless One, and before you bully me out of existence, it's actually a great creature with so many infinite mana combos and practically nothing to spend it on. I'd take out Colossus of Akros for it, and Planar Portal for Paradox Engine or Planar Bridge.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You ever think of adding Predator Ooze? Already being indestructible has its advantages.
Lastly, I don't think Colossus of Akros is really necessary. The mana cost is just too high for what you get. Many of the creatures here can get to his monstrous power level at a fraction of the cost.
Good job with the deck and I hope the suggestions help!
3 weeks ago
The infinite combo here is beautiful. I love the possibilities; they're endless (of course). ;-)
It's worth protecting your plan by including a few Counterspells, Duress, or Surgical Extraction, etc., to protect the plan against stuff like Relic of Progenitus and Tormod's Crypt. Even Disenchant or Doom Blade could ruin the fun.
I think Draw / Mill and your insta-kills that feed off of the card draw or the life gain are probably the quickest path for this deck. Laboratory Maniac, which was my first thought when I saw your core cards, fits this category. Just milling the opponent out is just about as fast. A few cards, in addition to your Elixir of Immortality, that can help ensure that the opponent mills faster and more permanently than you do:
Another point on Elixir of Immortality vs. Kozilek, Butcher of Truth is the Butcher also works if your opponent mills it. And, hey, if for some reason you want a big ugly late-game beater that's not color-intensive, he's good for that too. I'd still run the full set of Elixirs and maybe just one Butcher, if any. Other big colorless critters, if you want them:
Loving the Venser's Journal. Library of Leng also has nice possibilities. The life gain from the Journal would help against aggro and allow you to boost your life-gain-matters creatures to hold off the enemy while you get things established.
A little cheap draw / scry at the beginning can help get you to your combo pieces faster. Blue is good at this.
Your main combo elements cost 4 CMC and 6 CMC, so you want some ramp to get you there before the opponent has you on the ropes. Dark Ritual is good, but since you're running green some additional ramp should be easy.