|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Panharmonicon/Wispweaver Angel/Gonti, Lord of Luxury interaction
- Card use and play
- Sacrificing my commander to Rescue from the Underworld: does it matter which zone the card goes to?
- Paying mana for Gonti cards
- If someone takes a card with Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Gonti is enchanted with Arrest, can the card be cast?
Gonti, Lord of Luxury
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Rogue
When Gonti, Lord of Luxury enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of target opponent's library, exile one of them face down, then put the rest on the bottom of that library in a random order. For as long as that card remains exiled, you may look at it, you may cast it, and your may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gonti, Lord of Luxury Discussion
1 day ago
If your maybeboard consists purely of cards you own/can obtain, these are my suggestions:
- Submerged Boneyard --> Sunken Hollow
- Meandering River --> Prairie Stream
- Dismal Backwater --> Drowned Catacomb
- Forsaken Sanctuary --> Hallowed Fountain
- Tranquil Cove --> Temple of the False God
- Jwar Isle Refuge --> Exotic Orchard
- Scoured Barrens --> Esper Panorama
- Arbiter of the Ideal --> Eldrazi Displacer
- AEthermage's Touch --> Coalition Relic
- Dead Reckoning --> Conjurer's Closet
- Lavinia of the Tenth --> Kaya, Ghost Assassin
- Mastery of the Unseen --> Eerie Interlude
- Haunted Crossroads --> Gonti, Lord of Luxury
1 day ago
I have everything that comes with the Original Pre Constructed Subjective Reality deck, and everything inside the maybe board are all things that i can either afford or actually own.
I dont get a ton of chances to play commander other than 1 or 2 games on the weekend, but i want to get this deck all polished up before my friend holds a party that will be hosting Commander as one of the for fun events at his party. My biggest problem is that i lack the ability to polish decks when i am new to the format, and im feeling just as lost as i was when i started in standard.
if it helps, the cards i own on the Maybe Board are Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Kaya, Ghost Assassin, Esper Panorama, Temple of the False God, Venser, the Sojourner, Augury Adept, Oath of Teferi, Council of the Absolute, Sunken Hollow, Unknown Shores, Prairie Stream, Spell Queller (might have more but thats all i can remember off of the top of my head.
1 week ago
- Jeskai Infiltrator
- Loyal Subordinate
- Loyal Unicorn
- Sower of Discord
- Sphinx of Jwar Isle
- Army of the Damned
- Varina, Lich Queen
- Serra Avatar
- Geode Golem
- Skull Storm
- High Priest of Penance
- Silent-Blade Oni
- Barren Moor
- AEthermage's Touch
- Magus of the Balance
- Primordial Mist
- Adarkar Valkyrie
- Seer's Lantern
- Treasure Hunt
- Sigiled Starfish
- Conundrum Sphinx
- Aminatou's Augury
- Crystal Ball
- Swords to Plowshares
- Felidar Guardian
- Altar of the Brood
- Brago, King Eternal
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Oath of Teferi
- Vela the Night-Clad
- Diabolic Tutor
- Piranha Marsh
- Eerie Interlude
- Merciless Eviction
- Perplexing Chimera
- Cryptic Annelid
- Peregrine Drake
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Liliana's Contract
- Explorer's Scope
- Ghostly Flicker
- Fellwar Stone
1 week ago
Consider Felidar Guardian, Gonti, Lord of Luxury and other creatures with etb effects. Also Panharmonicon to double up on those effects. With Aminatou, the guardian and the ‘harmonicon you can get infinite etb triggers.
1 week ago
Following the discussion in the Resto-gonti thread, suggestions and input led me to a tribal rogue shell that happens to include Gonti, Lord of Luxury instead of a deck built around him.
Have a couple of specific questions and any general input is welcome.
SCORE: 1 | 2 COMMENTS | 25 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Is Cavern of Souls appropriate for this deck? While tribal it runs a significant number of non-creature spells and in an aggro-ish deck I'm a bit worried about dead draws because of it.
One major problem this deck suffers from is sweepers. Most of the options I can think of is countering them game two after siding in counter magic, or too high on curve/wrong colours without splashing.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the response. Most constructive comment I've gotten regarding this in other places (lots of why don't you just play __ instead).
1) Eating away at their win cons or value cards from the deck. Gonti, Lord of Luxury + Praetor's Grasp gives a lot of information in addition to being able to remove threats and/or answers. If you get Grasp early enough game 2, you may be able to catch the SB cards they brought in. The more I think about it, the more I think some of the eldrazi processors might work with him because of a processors interaction with the exile zone.
2)Non-budget. Looking for competitive additions. But I'd rather not get bogged down with 'play this deck instead'. It's a new brew. If it ends up not working, that's fine. But every deck starts somewhere.
3)FNM or LGS tourneys for now. If it ends up effective, maybe the next local GP.
2 weeks ago
I'm trying to help my friend brew a deck using Gonti, Lord of Luxury.
Deck is meant to pick at opponents win conditions and either play them itself or put them off their game until our as yet to be decided win condition can be dropped.
B/W so far, so Lingering Souls is a solid call.
Looking to fill this out a bit with some other suggestions. Competitive options are best, as we would like to see this be a solid rogue deck at an fnm or local tournament.
If there is a better shell for Gonti than Rites, please don't hesitate to tell me I'm using the wrong shell.
Assuming a Rites shell, should there be a third color for better options, or just the two for more consistency?
Is Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip / Liliana, Defiant Necromancer Flip worth using here as addition recursion / value? I know she can't target Gonti, but working on the assumption that there will be other ETB creature targets.