Gonti, Lord of Luxury
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Rogue
When Gonti, Lord of Luxury enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of target opponent's library, exile one of them face down, then put the rest on the bottom of that library in a random order. For as long as that card remains exiled, you may look at it, you may cast it, and your may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast it.
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (3)||Deliwashere , misanthropetappedout , blakejohn|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gonti, Lord of Luxury occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
- Panharmonicon/Wispweaver Angel/Gonti, Lord of Luxury interaction
- Card use and play
- Sacrificing my commander to Rescue from the Underworld: does it matter which zone the card goes to?
- Paying mana for Gonti cards
- If someone takes a card with Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Gonti is enchanted with Arrest, can the card be cast?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Gonti, Lord of Luxury Discussion
3 days ago
1) I firmly adhere to the "live and let live" philosophy. Translated as let people play their decks. I refuse to run a Cyclonic Rift because it destroys gameplay. I also hate Gonti, Lord of Luxury and that kind of "Imma play YOUR deck" style.
2) If people aren't having fun, it's not a commander game. Period. I build decks with wacky interactions because I like to see folks' reactions.
4) Infinite combos need to win. The. Game. Not durdle until everyone ragequits.
5) Turn 3 "kill the table" combos need to die. Ok. Great. You win. Now you gotta sit there until the rest of us finish OUR game. If you complain, your deck will be banned from whatever game I'm playing and I'll intentionally slowplay just to piss you off.
6) Non-interactive decks need to die as well. If you don't want to play commander with other people, just stay home and goldfish.
1 week ago
I've been looking at other Yarok builds on tappedout to make some suggestions for them, and I found yours just now and thought I'd toss out some suggestions. So, some additional value cards I'd consider adding are Venser, Shaper Savant, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, and Conjurer's Closet among many more. This list seems interesting for sure. To me, it seems very unoptimized. The combos are well thought out but the rest of the deck seems a bit shacked together, with some cards that aren't super strong in there. I much prefer a casual/comboless version of Yarok, but as someone who's played Yarok basically since its release, I think my list is much more optimized than yours. Obviously, if you would want to use it, you'd have to add the combos, because I play strictly casual, but my list is highly optimized and a serious powerhouse of a casual deck. +1 because I support other Yarok players. Happy brewing! Here's the link! Vamos A La Yarok (Yarok ETBs)
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Suggestions for removal / maybeboard:
- Cadaver Imp
- Deathcurse Ogre
- Endless Cockroaches
- Garna, the Bloodflame
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Tattered Mummy
- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
- Aid the Fallen
- Ruthless Disposal
- Temple of the False God
- Bolt Bend
Suggestions for additions:
- Ashnod's Altar
- High Market
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Sire Of Insanity
- Worldgorger Dragon
- Animate Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- Merciless Executioner
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Rakdos Charm
Worldgorger Dragon + Animate Dead / Dance of the Dead forms an infinite loop that you can cancel at any time. The loop blinks all of your lands into exile temporarily, allowing you to tap them before they blink out. This can be used to create infinite mana. Worldgorger Dragon isn't a good card on it's own, but it combos well with Buried Alive and your Gravebreaker Lamia. Animate Dead and Dance of the Dead are great any time because they can target creatures in anyone's GY.
4 weeks ago
- Identity Theif => Rite of Replication
- Nephalia Smuggler => Deadeye Navigator
- Cunning Evasion => Panharmonicon
- Genesis Chamber => Zendikar's Roil
- Familiar's Ruse => Counterspell
- Agent of Treachery => Roil Elemental
- Aether Gale => Cyclonic Rift
- Dusk Legion Zealot => Baleful Strix
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury => Rune-Scarred Demon
- Cadaver Imp => Eternal Witness
- Yavimaya Dryad => Solemn Simulacrum
- Elvish Mystic => Lotus Cobra
2 months ago
Gonti, Lord of Luxury looks like it would be a solid addition to this deck!
2 months ago
GrinningGrebe Thanks bud for all the advices. I really like Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Agent of Treachery , would try them. Animate Dead too, but I don't feel Submerge and Commit / Memory so much. I will add them to maybeboard and try them tho, maybe we have something here!
2 months ago
I love the idea of the list! I play a similar one, but with Yuriko at the helm and it is a blast, giving a different taste to each match played.
I think you are missing some of the best theft effects with Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Agent of Treachery . Since you are going a bit on the reanimator route may I suggest add some of the more efficient reanimation spells, like Animate Dead .
Finally one of the spiciest tricks I discovered lately is using tuck effects as removal: they're often more annoying than simple bounce spells in a vacuum and, if you play with some mill and "top library theft" effects, you get huge value and the possibility to answer any type of permanent ( Submerge , Commit / Memory to name a few). Feel free to look at my list if you're looking for inspiration for this section in particular!
Keep on the good work! +1 for the list