|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a card and put that card into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||SamCre1993 , DruneGrey , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , perrin515 , tragic_slip , mymanpotsandpans , Zomgasa , philktoken8998|
|Want (6)||GeminiSpartanX , Vasbear1 , TheRealPeaches , BlueMageBrandon , sonnet666 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
2 hours ago
Human_Wizard Obviously there can be no objective data as it has been around for 1 day, but there are some objective facts about the combo. For a basis of comparison let us look at a combo that is generally considered one of (if not the best) combo in cEDH, Food Chain+Eternal Scourge. It costs 6 mana to go off or 3 mana and 2 cc worth of creatures. This is often achieved on turn 3-4 and occassionally on turn 2. Now food chain is an enchantment, which is hard to tutor for. Eternal scourge is obviously easy, but still it takes a lot of FC only enablers to be consistent (i.e Demonic Consultation) or Extract). These cards are either bad outside the combo (extract) or dont play nicely with the rest of the deck (consultation).
Now let us compare that with Flash+Protean Hulk. It costs 2 mana to win the game. That is a lotus petal and a land...Green creatures are incredibly easy to tutor for i.e Summoner's Pact, Worldly Tutor, Natural Order etc and Flash is similarly easy to tutor for (i.e Mystical Tutor, Merchant Scroll). So just tutor both to hand and cast flash. If it resolves gg. The degeneracy does not end there. You can also just Cabal Therapy+Reanimate hulk from hand then sac it for two mana gg. You can also Entomb+Necromancy him at instant speed for 4 mana. gg I honestly could go on, but there is no need. Flash hulk is instantly the best 2 card combo in cEDH and it fits extremely well into many existing archetypes. It requires no board presence at all and can go off with limited resources.
1 day ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
3 days ago
I think the only tutor for noncreature artifacts from deck to grave is Entomb, which I don't think is within your budget. There's also Buried Alive, but it works with only artifact creatures. Also potentially Gamble.
Hope this helps!
3 days ago
6 days ago
Stuff that isn't too expensive and you should add:
1 week ago
Dimir Signet or other on-color signets
This is the best I have off the top of my head. The multicolored ones add some things, too.
1 week ago
Optimator: I'm writing this at an interesting time. I have about half of the deck right now, and the other half I ordered online and is shipping today. So I've never really actually played the deck yet. I know there's no protection (I did have Swiftfoot Boots in there at one point) but I think that's ok for now because I don't favor a heavy commander inclusion in games-- Sheoldred, Whispering One is probably going to sit on the sidelines until I really need her. Besides, casting her puts a huge target on your head so I don't plan to do it that often. I'd definitely run Buried Alive and Entomb if I had the budget. I have been a bit worried about card draw, we'll see how that plays out. Thank you for your comment!
1 week ago
Do you actually play/own this deck or is it theoretical?
Seems like with such an expensive commander you'd want some protection. You appear to have decent mana-ramp so I suppose recasting a few times isn't the end of the world. Still though, it appears you only have five or six reanimation cards other than her so I'm wondering how heavily she plays into the overall strategy. Value is value, right?
Looks like you have a stellar goodstuffs list going with strong control elements (which I love), but perhaps calling it "reanimation 101" is a bit off. You have a few tutors but no Buried Alive or Entomb--just Corpse Connoisseur. I'm not saying you're doing it wrong--I'm just curious if you feel the deck is cohesive and on-theme. Certainly looks functional. How are you on card-draw? Looks a little light, though you do have the A-#1 draw staple in black.